Persona 4 - $36.99 on Amazon now! (was $34.99)

[quote name='eau']How did they package it? Artbook and game in a manila envelope like they did on Luminous Arc 2?[/quote]

Yep. That's exactly how they shipped it.

Went to Gamestop. No artbook. I'm beyond pissed right now. I've had the fucking thing pre-ordered for two months, I'm the ONLY pre-order at the store, and I get fucked over. I trust this Gamestop and don't think they would've given my artbook away. It was simply not in their shipment. I'm so disappointed. I need a phone number please. SOMEONE I can call and bitch to.

Damn, I put up my other Social Link pack on Amazon an hour ago for $100. It sold very fast.

Yesterday I sold one for $60, so the price is going up.

I thought this info might tempt you guys.

[quote name='zewone']Damn, I put up my other Social Link pack on Amazon an hour ago for $100. It sold very fast.

I thought this info might tempt you guys.[/quote]I hate you :(

[quote name='zewone']Damn, I put up my other Social Link pack on Amazon an hour ago for $100. It sold very fast.

I thought this info might tempt you guys.[/quote]Tempting, but I'd rather keep mine than sell for $100.

If demand really is that high for them though, they may fetch an even higher price. I guess I'd consider, worst case scenario, I get to keep my expansion and be happy with it.

[quote name='fuchikoma']Do they just dump all the social link items in a amazon box?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. I'm guessing it's just all placed in an Amazon box.

[quote name='fuchikoma']Do they just dump all the social link items in a amazon box?[/QUOTE]

Sort of. It's dumped in a box, than that box is dumped into a bigger Amazon box with padding.

Good grief on the packaging. As has been stated, the game comes in a manilla envelope that is wrapped to a cardboard backing that is in turn in a large box. The social link pack is in a box which is in turn in a larger box surrounded by air bags.

Everything is awesome though.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! Somebody's got three of the social link packs up - 2 on a BIN of $200 (each) and one at open bid starting at $150. Do people really want these that much?! Also, the artbook is going for around $20 to $30 on standard auctions.

[quote name='GuardianE']Went to Gamestop. No artbook. I'm beyond pissed right now. I've had the fucking thing pre-ordered for two months, I'm the ONLY pre-order at the store, and I get fucked over. I trust this Gamestop and don't think they would've given my artbook away. It was simply not in their shipment. I'm so disappointed. I need a phone number please. SOMEONE I can call and bitch to.[/quote]

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, Guardian. Why don't you e-mail Atlus? Maybe they can give you the hook-up?

I just would seriously stop trusting gamestop. I thought the local gamestop was pretty good and then the other day I caught them giving pre orders away. The clerk was flirting with this mom and had apparently went on a date with her once in the past. He ended up giving her kid all sorts of pre order goodies even though he only bought an old GC game.

I made an order with Amazon, BlueSwim. Called ahead and made the CSR promise me that a book would be sent with me and to make a note on my account. She did promise me and if I don't get an artbook they WILL refund me the full amount. Maybe with a gift card. I was pretty emphatic.

I plan on cancelling my pre-order with that Gamestop unless the art book makes an appearance. I don't want to bother Atlus with it unless I have to. If I don't get a book with my Amazon order, I'm going to have to, because I am not spending extra on eBay for something I deserve. I pre-ordered the damn thing two months ago.

MSI Magus: I'm beginning to believe you, but I've started working at this Gamestop (I know the manager, I get a discount, don't have to work often because it supplements my 9-5) so I can more easily secure pre-order bonuses that I'm due. We just didn't get a shipment of these, apparently.

[quote name='thelonepig']
EDIT: HOLY CRAP! Somebody's got three of the social link packs up - 2 on a BIN of $200 (each) and one at open bid starting at $150. Do people really want these that much?! Also, the artbook is going for around $20 to $30 on standard auctions.[/quote]
I saw a completed listing for one of the social links at $175 shipped. Kinda wish I had bought one... or two. But I only wanted the plush, and I didn't really expect it to be worth anything.

How do you refrain from killing yourself after someone pays you $200 for a t-shirt, calendar, and plushie that you just, in the past few days, paid $30 for?

Holy DAMN! There are two listing for the expansion pack on Amazon at $295 and $294 respectively. Jeebus...I, too, am surprised at the prices people are able to sell it at.

This is unbelievable. >_> I was home all day and tracked my shipping and it said " THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE" at around 5PM. I saw a UPS guy around that time, but he was in the next building over. IU RFWG IGUKYGUIYGUOWT&TGOIGIKUGJSGFIUGRI one day shipping down the drain.

Has anyone who's preordered NOT had theirs ship? I'm not in any big rush to play it (I have Fallout 3 and Fable 2 in the meantime), but I want to make sure I get my preorder artbook. It said "while supplies last," so I don't think they're guaranteed. But I think it may be like P3's soundtrack and artbook where it's included with all first runs of the game. Has everyone else been getting them so far?

Edit: NVM. It says it will SHIP on around the 15th. I misread it and thought it would be here by then, which seemed like a pretty fast estimate given that I picked free shipping. Do people still think it will include the artbook?

[quote name='Maromi']How do you refrain from killing yourself after someone pays you $200 for a t-shirt, calendar, and plushie that you just, in the past few days, paid $30 for?[/quote]

Srsly. If you don't personally want something, leave it for someone else who would enjoy buying it for less than a ridiculous inflated price.

Maybe someday we'll realize that there aren't as many "Fat Wallet People" as we thought, and we're all fucking each other over on deals.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']This is unbelievable. >_> I was home all day and tracked my shipping and it said " THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE" at around 5PM. I saw a UPS guy around that time, but he was in the next building over. IU RFWG IGUKYGUIYGUOWT&TGOIGIKUGJSGFIUGRI one day shipping down the drain.[/quote]
Think you have it bad, UPS accidently forgot my artbook shipment =\

Looks like mine should arrive tomorrow, one day sooner than I expected as the ship point changed to something much closer to where I live.

I opted for 1 day shipping paying that 9.99 extra just to get it today. It shipped on the 8th from Amazon via UPS and it didn't come today.

The tracking status being stuck at "Billing Information Received". My first time picking 1 day shipping and it's a massive disappointment. What's the point if it come 1 day after?

Pretty damn annoyed right now since I cleared some time in my schedule just to get some good playtime out of the game but it was instead spent checking the mail every 2 hours or so.

Erg.

If it doesn't even come tomorrow, I'm going to brew up a shit storm and I know exactly where I want to point it.

[quote name='Maromi']How do you refrain from killing yourself after someone pays you $200 for a t-shirt, calendar, and plushie that you just, in the past few days, paid $30 for?[/quote]

well if someone buys those $295 ones on Amazon..THEN i might have to kill myself for not posting them on there...

but i am extremely excited to play this game...just fyi :whistle2:D

I hate everyone selling those expansion packs for that much. Some people actually enjoy this franchise and want those extras without paying exorbitant amounts of money. Dicks.

[quote name='Vegan']Srsly. If you don't personally want something, leave it for someone else who would enjoy buying it for less than a ridiculous inflated price.

Maybe someday we'll realize that there aren't as many "Fat Wallet People" as we thought, and we're all fucking each other over on deals.[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... this is a market economy, folks. if someone wants to pay more for something, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it -- it's called profit. honestly, i wish more of our companies "made" money instead of pretending to, making up financial statements, and then begging the government for bailouts.

auto companies banks AIG

After seeing such high review scores on Metacritic (Many ~100/100 and A+), I instantly became interested in the series.

What's a good game to start with, Persona 3? Or should I just go ahead and jump onto Persona 4?

[quote name='Arcademode']After seeing such high review scores on Metacritic (Many ~100/100 and A+), I instantly became interested in the series.

What's a good game to start with, Persona 3? Or should I just go ahead and jump onto Persona 4?[/quote]I'd personally recommend starting with Persona 3 FES and then moving onto Persona 4.

... but with that said, you don't need to play Persona 3 (or any other game in the series) to jump into Persona 4, the story is completly stand-alone.

[quote name='Vegan']Srsly. If you don't personally want something, leave it for someone else who would enjoy buying it for less than a ridiculous inflated price.

Maybe someday we'll realize that there aren't as many "Fat Wallet People" as we thought, and we're all fucking each other over on deals.[/QUOTE]

Well, just to stick my two cents in...these were available on Amazon FOREVER at the original price. Any schmoe could have ordered one for the original price at any time in the last two months.

[quote name='loserboy']Well, just to stick my two cents in...these were available on Amazon FOREVER at the original price. Any schmoe could have ordered one for the original price at any time in the last two months.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I was worried I wouldn't be able to make a profit due to overproduction and I opted to not buy it because of how long it stayed in stock.

i had the social link and cancelled it like the day before delivery. owell, i still would have no use for it except the plush. If anyone wants to sell me the plush id still take it =P

[quote name='Arcademode']After seeing such high review scores on Metacritic (Many ~100/100 and A+), I instantly became interested in the series.

What's a good game to start with, Persona 3? Or should I just go ahead and jump onto Persona 4?[/quote]

Would highly recommend you pick up Persona 3 first, the FES version is $20 new at GS, or the special soundtrack/art book bundle is $27 on Amazon. There are a few things in the combat system of Persona 3 that may irritate you, and they've been improved in 4. Going backward might make you more aware of that irritation and cause it to be worse since you've experienced the better.

You can take the plunge wherever, since Persona 3 and 4 aren't linked storywise (at least from what I've seen thus far...taking a break from gaming until exams are over.) You're not going to find the original Persona (Revelations: Persona) or either version of Persona 2 for very cheap (all of them will run ~$70-100 depending on condition, with Persona 2 being closer to 70, and Revelations being closer to 100 for a complete copy) so I would recommend picking up 3 to play, even if you want to play 4 first.

alright, thanks guys!

With your recommendations, I just bought P3FES for $24-ish dollars with artbook and soundtrack via Amazon. Hopefully by the time I finish this game, the price of Persona 4 will drop.

[quote name='Nirron']You're not going to find the original Persona (Revelations: Persona) or either version of Persona 2 for very cheap (all of them will run ~$70-100 depending on condition, with Persona 2 being closer to 70, and Revelations being closer to 100 for a complete copy) so I would recommend picking up 3 to play, even if you want to play 4 first.[/quote]
I've seen Persona:Revelations selling $50-70 lately and Persona 2:EP selling constantly for $35-55 on EBay, even for complete copies.

EP has dropped this past month since the $40 reprint that showed up on Amazon. Lots of copies still hit $60-70 on EBay, but I've seen just as many never pass the $40-50 range.

One ended just two days ago for $37.06. Granted, it didn't have it's original case and you'd need to remove those BB stickers, but it's still a good price if you get a dummy PSX double case for it.

(I'm still trying to pick up a physical copy of EP, if only CB would go back up.)

[quote name='donburns99']I've seen Persona:Revelations selling $50-70 lately and Persona 2:EP selling constantly for $35-55 on EBay, even for complete copies.

EP has dropped this past month since the $40 reprint that showed up on Amazon. Lots of copies still hit $60-70 on EBay, but I've seen just as many never pass the $40-50 range.

One ended just two days ago for $37.06. Granted, it didn't have it's original case and you'd need to remove those BB stickers, but it's still a good price if you get a dummy PSX double case for it.[/quote]

Ah not bad. I admittedly haven't been keeping track of Persona 2 as I got in on the reprint. I am glad to see it's going down though, and that people are actually interested in the game. I don't really perouse eBay a lot which might explain why I'm pretty off. I mainly use Amazon's marketplace and Half.com since you can actually find better prices than eBay's finishing times, though perhaps I should take a look to try and grab Revelations.

I admit though, I usually ignore the low prices if they're disc only. I'm anal about completeness of my games. Heck, there was a toon of $$$$ on a copy of Alundra I got in the other day (the beauty was that it was listed as Like New) and I was homicidal (an area I need to work on perhaps.)

[quote name='Nirron']Ah not bad. I admittedly haven't been keeping track of Persona 2 as I got in on the reprint. I am glad to see it's going down though, and that people are actually interested in the game. I don't really perouse eBay a lot which might explain why I'm pretty off. I mainly use Amazon's marketplace and Half.com since you can actually find better prices than eBay's finishing times, though perhaps I should take a look to try and grab Revelations.

I admit though, I usually ignore the low prices if they're disc only. I'm anal about completeness of my games. Heck, there was a toon of $$$$ on a copy of Alundra I got in the other day (the beauty was that it was listed as Like New) and I was homicidal (an area I need to work on perhaps.)[/quote]Half.com has let me down quite a bit, at least on rarer titles like P1 and P2.

I personally wouldn't buy anything with the disc only, but if it has discs, manual and art in mint or better condition, the case doesn't matter much. Cases are easily replaceable with a brand new one for under $1.

I know a few people who won't consider a listing if the case has a crack in it.. that bugs me, but to each his/her own.

I also used to keep my eye out for listings that only sell the inserts/manuals (back when I was still hunting for PSX games besides EP). If you can find those in mint, it allows you to go for those disc only auctions, which normally end at a low price. Win-win when that happens.

[quote name='Arcademode']alright, thanks guys!

With your recommendations, I just bought P3FES for $24-ish dollars with artbook and soundtrack via Amazon. Hopefully by the time I finish this game, the price of Persona 4 will drop.[/QUOTE]

Awesome avatar, I love Monkey Island.

FES is a good place to start, however I think Nocturne is the other highlight in the series.

Nocturne shares the same demon/Pokemon mechanics but is less linear with more focus on exploration than story.

It's a little overpriced though.

Does anybody know where I can find the track listing and artist info to the soundtrack CD that came with P4? I know it's printed on the back of the P4 manual, but I'm trying to find it someplace where I can just quickly copy and paste the info into my music player instead of typing it by hand.

[quote name='donburns99']Half.com has let me down quite a bit, at least on rarer titles like P1 and P2.

I personally wouldn't buy anything with the disc only, but if it has discs, manual and art in mint or better condition, the case doesn't matter much. Cases are easily replaceable with a brand new one for under $1.

I know a few people who won't consider a listing if the case has a crack in it.. that bugs me, but to each his/her own.

I also used to keep my eye out for listings that only sell the inserts/manuals (back when I was still hunting for PSX games besides EP). If you can find those in mint, it allows you to go for those disc only auctions, which normally end at a low price. Win-win when that happens.[/quote]

Most of the prices on Half.com can be pretty crappy, though you can find some gems. I picked up Grandia a few months back, completely mint, for $6 shipped. And I should've clarified that I have kind of the same outlook as you. I've gotten so used to saying case/manual when what I really mean is original cover art and manual.

I do wish somebody would open up a site for PS1 cover art/manuals to sell, so I could complete stuff. I use one site for PS2/GC manuals/cases, so I luckily have a lot of breathing room on those, but I'm a collector that actually plays the games I collect, which makes it rough on me to look for great condition games that can actually stand to be played.

And so I actually feel on topic: My copy should be waiting for me after my semester wraps up, and my Social Link pack should arrive a few days after. I kind of regret not getting that big art book now, but oh well.

620+ posts and counting...

Does anybody know if Amazon.com is still including art books? It is "while supplies last" and the banner is still on the product page, but I can't tell whether that is up-to-date. Thanks!

And congrats to Atlus on the crazy-good reviews. Most impressive!

Metareview Scores, for anyone who cares:
(If only my grades were this impressive!)

100 - Gamervision
100 - 1UP
100 - GamePro
100 - Thunderbolt
100 - Destructoid
100 - Wired
95 - Worth Playing
95 - Hardcore Gamer Magazine
94 - RPG Fan
90 - Game Critics

[quote name='Arcademode']Metareview Scores, for anyone who cares:
(If only my grades were this impressive!)

100 - Gamervision
100 - 1UP
100 - GamePro
100 - Thunderbolt
100 - Destructoid
100 - Wired
95 - Worth Playing
95 - Hardcore Gamer Magazine
94 - RPG Fan
90 - Game Critics[/quote]

atlus should indeed be proud :whistle2:D

oh and IGN gives it a 9.0/10 :whistle2:D

So anyone who preordered from Amazon NOT receive the free preorder artbook? I'm worried as hell about it, should be receiving my game today, game is in Green Bay right now, I live 1 post office away :) . If there's no artbook I'll probably return it to Amazon, art book is the only reason I preordered it right now.

And as for the people selling the expansion for 200 bucks, that disgusts me in all honesty; no offence for those doing it. This is the thing that happens when people start jumping on good franchises releasing honest bonus items for those willing to buy - people who try and make a buck end up making true fans who have stuck with the series since the beginning not receive their well-earned item. I chose not to order the expansion set, and am glad I did. I hope the 1 I didn't order went to someone who truly will appreciate the set. Would've definitely ordered it though if it wouldn't have been for the shirt being XL. I honestly hope they reprint both packages so they are at an affordable price for people who really WANT the items - not just for resale.

And as for those of you who were unable to pick up a strategy guide because they sold out... The official publisher of them (i believe - though it may just be an ebay account with the same name as the publisher) is selling them on ebay for 16.82 SHIPPED

http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-4-offic...deo_Games_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Cheaper than Amazon's 19.99 price (Plus shipping if you don't have prime or want a filler) Stock is also listed as greater than 10, so I'm guessing there's quite a few out there.

EDIT: Just bought 1 guide, and it said 25 remaining. So there's 24 out there still that are listed.

bread's done
Back