Persona 4 - $36.99 on Amazon now! (was $34.99)

[quote name='newlu']I got the guide from the DoubleJump bookstore:
http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com...sona-4-the-official-strategy-guide-detail.htm

get $6.30 off any guide order with coupon code cyber[/quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-4-offic...deo_Games_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Comes out like 40 cents cheaper and you don't have to register with another site (assuming you have an ebay account.) But you're probably better off buying from your link because then they don't have to pay ebay auction fees/paypal fees (and probably only yahoo fees)

Nice find though incase ebay sells out :)

[quote name='aeri']http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-4-offic...deo_Games_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Comes out like 40 cents cheaper and you don't have to register with another site (assuming you have an ebay account.) But you're probably better off buying from your link because then they don't have to pay ebay auction fees/paypal fees (and probably only yahoo fees)

Nice find though incase ebay sells out :)[/QUOTE]

Little heads up on this. I used this and they shipped mine in a cheap small paper envelope. I was very lucky my guide didnt come in horrid condition.

[quote name='Sentinel']Does anybody know if Amazon.com is still including art books? It is "while supplies last" and the banner is still on the product page, but I can't tell whether that is up-to-date. Thanks![/quote]
Amazon.com will sell the pre-order bonus for weeks/months after release date, until they sell all the pre-order stock. I'd say they still include the artbook even if you ordered today/tomorrow or even later.

The longer you wait, the more you chance it though.

[quote name='BlueSwim']If any of you are looking for some album art for the bonus CD to use on your iPod/Zune/whatever, I got ya covered.[/quote]There's also the official soundtrack too.

tinyurl .com/persona4

(remove the space)

[quote name='romeogbs19']Ummm ... this is a market economy, folks. if someone wants to pay more for something, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it -- it's called profit. honestly, i wish more of our companies "made" money instead of pretending to, making up financial statements, and then begging the government for bailouts.

auto companies banks AIG[/quote]

I think if it were something I wasn't passionate about, like a limited time offer on some cool shower curtains that everyone wanted, I'd feel differently. But I'm not going to buy extra video game stuff to screw over someone else who's just like me, because I know I don't like it when I get the other end of the stick.

Got Persona 4 today, just waiting for my $30 artbook now.

& honestly there is nothing wrong with buying something like the Expansion pack stuff & making a huge profit. The person paid an absurd amount of money out of their free will for a plushie & 2 other useless thing I don't care to remember, their problem.

[quote name='Vegan']I think if it were something I wasn't passionate about, like a limited time offer on some cool shower curtains that everyone wanted, I'd feel differently. But I'm not going to buy extra video game stuff to screw over someone else who's just like me, because I know I don't like it when I get the other end of the stick.[/quote]I half agree with you.

I would absolutely agree with you on items that instantly sell out (lets say in less than 24 hours) because people hoarded them to resell.

But on the expansion pack, I can only half agree with you.

On one side I do agree, that those that buy extras just to resell are just screwing over people, who like them, also love the series.

But to a greater extent, I do not agree. As those who wanted it literally had weeks/months to buy the expansion pack. It remained in stock for weeks on end.

I do feel somewhat bad for those who didn't know about the pack until it was too late. But really, if they were a fan of the series I would hope they'd know about it before December rolled around.

[quote name='aeri']So anyone who preordered from Amazon NOT receive the free preorder artbook? I'm worried as hell about it, should be receiving my game today, game is in Green Bay right now, I live 1 post office away :) . If there's no artbook I'll probably return it to Amazon, art book is the only reason I preordered it right now.

And as for the people selling the expansion for 200 bucks, that disgusts me in all honesty; no offence for those doing it. This is the thing that happens when people start jumping on good franchises releasing honest bonus items for those willing to buy - people who try and make a buck end up making true fans who have stuck with the series since the beginning not receive their well-earned item. I chose not to order the expansion set, and am glad I did. I hope the 1 I didn't order went to someone who truly will appreciate the set. Would've definitely ordered it though if it wouldn't have been for the shirt being XL. I honestly hope they reprint both packages so they are at an affordable price for people who really WANT the items - not just for resale.

And as for those of you who were unable to pick up a strategy guide because they sold out... The official publisher of them (i believe - though it may just be an ebay account with the same name as the publisher) is selling them on ebay for 16.82 SHIPPED

http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-4-offic...deo_Games_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Cheaper than Amazon's 19.99 price (Plus shipping if you don't have prime or want a filler) Stock is also listed as greater than 10, so I'm guessing there's quite a few out there.

EDIT: Just bought 1 guide, and it said 25 remaining. So there's 24 out there still that are listed.[/quote]

Throw in a live.com cashback and you're looking at another 8% off.

[quote name='Master Shake']Did anyone else get theirs in a huge box?[/quote]Indeed I did.

Huge box, with the usual "shrinkwrap to a cardboard backer" packaging inside of the box. Inside the shrinkwrap was a #4 bubble mailer, with the artbook + game inside.

On the underside of the bubble mailer was an orange sticker that says "Multi Volume Set - Do Not Separate". I guess that's how it's being shipped from Atlus to Amazon.com and they pack it up and ship it out.

I'm sure the games packed on their own are also on-hand.

Got my game and artbook today sadly the guide book is comming soon both the official artbook and visual data artbook is pretty nice the official artbook has alot of drawings, sketches of main casts their persona, sub casts, and shadows it has alot of information on things and an interview with the artist, but since it's a Japanese artbook I can't read it and the visual data artbook is pretty nice too some of pictures that the official artbook has.

I'm glad I got both the game and artbook I'm almost done with Persona 3 so I can't wait to play P4 from the pictures and information from the artbook it looks fun. :bouncy:

[quote name='shrike4242']Indeed I did.

Huge box, with the usual "shrinkwrap to a cardboard backer" packaging inside of the box. Inside the shrinkwrap was a #4 bubble mailer, with the artbook + game inside.

On the underside of the bubble mailer was an orange sticker that says "Multi Volume Set - Do Not Separate". I guess that's how it's being shipped from Atlus to Amazon.com and they pack it up and ship it out.

I'm sure the games packed on their own are also on-hand.[/quote]

Yep this is how I got mine too. I can't wait to play this game once finals are up!

Well gamestop had my preorder artbook when I picked up P4 yesterday. I worried for nothing. Not every gamestop sucks when it comes to this kind of thing. When MGS4 came out and there were those shenanigans with the saga disks that everyone wanted, they actually called me when it came in. The preorder disk mind you, not the actual game.

I got totally screwed on the shipping. I selected Standard Shipping for my pre-order way back in August, and the order shipped on Sunday FROM THE OTHER SIDE of the states. I live in Washington, but Amazon decided that they wanted to ship it to me from Maryland! A co-worker of mine ordered his on Monday and his is in Oregon now, shipped from Nevada. Mine has been sitting in Illinois for 10 hours. :(

I placed my order months ago and Amazon estimates that it won't arrive until the 15th. I just wanted it in time for the weekend. I'm very frustrated with someone's idiotic decision to ship the item from a view of the Atlantic Ocean. Ugh!

So given the horribly inflated prices on the Social Link Pack, I'm wanting to keep mine sealed (or rather the everything thats in plastic kept that way). I *REALLY* want to listen to the B-Side soundtrack. Can anyone PM me with a link to some MP3's?

Just a heads up for those of you who pre-ordered the game but didn't get the artbook from GS:
My GS just got some more artbooks in today so you might want to give your GS a call.

[quote name='Killrig']I got totally screwed on the shipping. I selected Standard Shipping for my pre-order way back in August, and the order shipped on Sunday FROM THE OTHER SIDE of the states. I live in Washington, but Amazon decided that they wanted to ship it to me from Maryland! A co-worker of mine ordered his on Monday and his is in Oregon now, shipped from Nevada. Mine has been sitting in Illinois for 10 hours. :(

I placed my order months ago and Amazon estimates that it won't arrive until the 15th. I just wanted it in time for the weekend. I'm very frustrated with someone's idiotic decision to ship the item from a view of the Atlantic Ocean. Ugh![/quote]

Do you know who the carrier is? I know that fedex put out an alert for possible delays in shipping due to weather.

The guide is tiny. About the same size as what would fit into the P3 special edition case. Kinda suprised it was 20 bux but whatever.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Do you know who the carrier is? I know that fedex put out an alert for possible delays in shipping due to weather.[/quote]

Amazon uses USPS for their standard shipping.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Do you know who the carrier is? I know that fedex put out an alert for possible delays in shipping due to weather.[/QUOTE]

The carrier is UPS, and the tracking has been pretty sad:

BALTIMORE, MD, US
12/06/2008 9:46 P.M. - BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
12/07/2008 3:14 P.M. - ORIGIN SCAN
12/08/2008 9:05 P.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

NEW STANTON, PA, US
12/09/2008 2:03 A.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN
12/09/2008 3:39 P.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

COLUMBUS, OH, US
12/09/2008 7:32 P.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN
12/09/2008 11:21 P.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US
12/10/2008 2:45 A.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN
12/10/2008 3:47 A.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

HODGKINS, IL, US
12/10/2008 6:46 A.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN

And it has been sitting there since 6:46AM. Not even half-way to the destination. Right about now I'm wishing I shelled out the 8 bucks for 2 day shipping. Amazon estimates the package will arrive on Monday. That's 9 days for Standard Shipping. Lame.

[quote name='Killrig']And it has been sitting there since 6:46AM. Not even half-way to the destination. Right about now I'm wishing I shelled out the 8 bucks for 2 day shipping. Amazon estimates the package will arrive on Monday. That's 9 days for Standard Shipping. Lame.[/quote]Don't forget to exclude Sunday's.

At least yours are making some progress.

December 8, 2008 08:07:00 PM WILMINGTON DE Shipment received by carrier
December 8, 2008 05:12:00 PM NEW CASTLE DE Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

December 8, 2008 07:22:00 PM New Castle DE US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

December 10, 2008 10:50:00 AM PHILADELPHIA PA Arrival Scan
December 8, 2008 05:09:00 PM NEW CASTLE DE Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

USPS doesn't even have information on file for the 2nd tracking number.

I'm in no rush to receive my shipments though. ^ ^

[quote name='Killrig']The carrier is UPS, and the tracking has been pretty sad:

BALTIMORE, MD, US
12/06/2008 9:46 P.M. - BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
12/07/2008 3:14 P.M. - ORIGIN SCAN
12/08/2008 9:05 P.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

NEW STANTON, PA, US
12/09/2008 2:03 A.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN
12/09/2008 3:39 P.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

COLUMBUS, OH, US
12/09/2008 7:32 P.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN
12/09/2008 11:21 P.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US
12/10/2008 2:45 A.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN
12/10/2008 3:47 A.M. - DEPARTURE SCAN

HODGKINS, IL, US
12/10/2008 6:46 A.M. - ARRIVAL SCAN

And it has been sitting there since 6:46AM. Not even half-way to the destination. Right about now I'm wishing I shelled out the 8 bucks for 2 day shipping. Amazon estimates the package will arrive on Monday. That's 9 days for Standard Shipping. Lame.[/quote]

There seem to be enormous gaps once something arrives in the early AM or PM. I've had like 7 orders ship from Amazon in the past 2 weeks (cheap stuff at least, thank God) and every single one of them sits in Greensboro NC (about 60 miles from where it's being delivered) the day before delivery after being delivered there from 2-4 AM. It seems to be the way the delivery industry works.

[quote name='donburns99']Don't forget to exclude Sunday's.

I'm in no rush to receive my shipments though. ^ ^[/QUOTE]

It still shocks me that they've selected distribution facilities on the other side of the US. This makes no sense to me!

Okay, I'll stop complaining. I'm just anxious to play P4!

Mine is scheduled to arrive on the 15th as well. It shipped on the 8th ... from a location not even 30 minutes from my house. I don't mind waiting, it just seemed funny to me that it should take over week to make a journey that would take less then 6 hours on foot.

I just checked my account and my P4 hasn't shipped yet :bomb:

[quote name='lounges']So given the horribly inflated prices on the Social Link Pack, I'm wanting to keep mine sealed (or rather the everything thats in plastic kept that way). I *REALLY* want to listen to the B-Side soundtrack. Can anyone PM me with a link to some MP3's?[/quote]
Ditto.

I can probably upload over the weekend. Ill try to do both the complete japanese OST version (songs are not out of order) and the american side B version. Send me a pm if your interested in these. If the response is big enough I'll do it saturday or sunday at the latest.

Finally received my copy of the game today with art book. I'm very satisfied to see the amount of content in the art book and how organized it is.

I'm in the same situation with you guys, it's being shipped from MD to UT, estimate arrival on the 15th. Those carrier need to redo their traveling salesman algorithm.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']I'm in the same situation with you guys, it's being shipped from MD to UT, estimate arrival on the 15th. Those carrier need to redo their traveling salesman algorithm.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It is painful watching the package s...l...o...w...l...y trek across the states -- when a GameCrazy is right down the street from me that probably has the game & art book in stock.

It was a terrible mistake for them to ship the item from the East Coast at a slower rate than whatever shipping method they use to get the copies to the West Coast for retail stores.

Question - I pre-ordered from Gamestop and got screwed on the art book (i.e. one of the employees read it while he was on the can during his break and it probably fell into the toilet). I promptly demanded my money back from the pre-order, told them that's why I never pre-ordered and wondered aloud why Gamestop couldn't be one of those major companies filing for bankruptcy while other good ones fall.

Ahem.

What is the likelihood that a copy of Persona 4 ordered from Amazon will actually ship with an art book if it wasn't pre-ordered?

[quote name='josekortez']Question - I pre-ordered from Gamestop and got screwed on the art book (i.e. one of the employees read it while he was on the can during his break and it probably fell into the toilet). I promptly demanded my money back from the pre-order, told them that's why I never pre-ordered and wondered aloud why Gamestop couldn't be one of those major companies filing for bankruptcy while other good ones fall.

Ahem.

What is the likelihood that a copy of Persona 4 ordered from Amazon will actually ship with an art book if it wasn't pre-ordered?[/quote]
High to very high chance you'll still get the art book.

[quote name='donburns99']High to very high chance you'll still get the art book.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I went ahead and put in the Amazon order. Either way, I saved $5.

And once again to reiterate - screw Gamestop.

Loving the art book, although it has a spolier warning, so I will refrain from heavy reading. This qualifies as a gift from my wife so I can't unwrap the game until the 25th. The suspense... She ordered Monday w/ -$5.00 Atlus faithful $29.99 shipped Monday came today!

I pre-ordered from Amazon Nov 26 but they won't ship until Dec 15 with an estimated arrival date of Dec 22-24...

Such a long wait, but on the plus side I still need to finish Okami and Persona 3.

[quote name='donburns99']Don't forget to exclude Sunday's.

December 8, 2008 05:12:00 PM NEW CASTLE DE Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

December 8, 2008 07:22:00 PM New Castle DE US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

December 10, 2008 10:50:00 AM PHILADELPHIA PA Arrival Scan
December 8, 2008 05:09:00 PM NEW CASTLE DE Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I'm in no rush to receive my shipments though. ^ ^[/quote]

That's the same thing that happened to me. It shipped to Philly and then back to Wilmington, Delaware.

I put up my Persona 4 w/ the art book up on ebay today for 79.99 just for the hell of it. I saw some guy sold his set for like $90 yesterday. Mine sold a couple hours ago to someone in Canada. So I took the profit and ordered another one for myself since they're still available on amazon for 34.99. Seems pretty crazy, but it works for me.

Persona 4 came yesterday, but UPS forgot to load my JPN artbook into a goddamn truck for the 2nd fucking time already. Better come tomorrow or I will fucking rage at the local UPS facility...

Received mine today and it came with the Visual Displays art book. Looks pretty cool, waiting for the semester to be over though *laughs* only 3 classes left.

Amazon delivers again!

Mine went from Wilmington DE to Cincinnati and back again a couple of times. At least yours is staying nearer to the east coast...hmmm while I was typing this I heard the mailman come with Persona! I love being the first stop on his route!

[quote name='salparadise78']I put up my Persona 4 w/ the art book up on ebay today for 79.99 just for the hell of it. I saw some guy sold his set for like $90 yesterday. Mine sold a couple hours ago to someone in Canada. So I took the profit and ordered another one for myself since they're still available on amazon for 34.99. Seems pretty crazy, but it works for me.[/quote]
You have to wonder how someone can be savvy enough to use eBay, but wouldn't even bother to check whether something is available on Amazon.

bread's done
Back