Play-Asia & CAG Charity Raffle for Child’s Play Winners Announced: $10,485 Raised!

[quote name='cyrix`']There shud be like a "Amount raised" meter or something. .[/QUOTE]

I 5th that idea.:0)

I'll definitely post updates on how much money we've raised.
We've broken even already ;)

Also, a CAG has contacted me about providing runner-up prizes for the raffle. Maybe some other CAGs want to donate stuff too.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'll definitely post updates on how much money we've raised.
We've broken even already ;)

Also, a CAG has contacted me about providing runner-up prizes for the raffle. Maybe some other CAGs want to donate stuff too.[/quote]

I was thinking about asking the same thing. Unless you feel setting up ebay auctions for child's play would be a better way to go. If we are going to donate items as runner-up prizes how would you suggest going about it. Should we notify you or do you want to select a point person? Also should the CAG honor system be used to send out runner up prizes or do you want to select a point person to receive the runner-up prizes.

I know I don't have anything huge, but I have a few things I would donate. Picked up a matted print of chakan the forever man with a original chalk drawing on the matting this summer with child's play in mind. The print and chalk drawing are done by the creator of Chakan Robert Kraus. Yeah I know its not exactly a rare gem, but its unique and I am sure there are a few Sega Fan boys out there.

Edit: I don't have a problem picking up a new game as a runner up prize with my GR store credit I built up, thanks in part to fellow CAG's. No promises on what it is because of selection, but I figure Zelda, Gears of War, or Rainbow Six Las Vegas sound good. On the other hand if there are other CAG's with GR credit they wish to burn let me know and we could build upon the $60 something in credit I have for a DS Lite.

This is a great cause and the raffle idea is great cheapy. That'll definitely increase interest in donating (sounds like it already has). I haven't been around much lately, but hopefully I'll remember to come back and contribute.

Thanks!

[quote name='kjauburn']IEdit: I don't have a problem picking up a new game as a runner up prize with my GR store credit I built up, thanks in part to fellow CAG's. No promises on what it is because of selection, but I figure Zelda, Gears of War, or Rainbow Six Las Vegas sound good. On the other hand if there are other CAG's with GR credit they wish to burn let me know and we could build upon the $60 something in credit I have for a DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

Something like a DS (or even better, a Wii) would be an absolutely awesome runner up prize. I'm glad this is doing well regardless, and it's great to know that it's already raised enough to break even. What was last years rake Cheapy? It'd be a good bench mark to try and top every season.

For anyone who is ?ing doing this I can tell you the cause is more than worthy. My 2 year old boy was diagnosed with leukemia about 3 weeks ago and we spent 2 weeks straight in the hospital in Kansas City called Children’s Mercy. Thanks to this fine org my little guy still got to play Marvel UA on the 360, because Childs Play had setup them up with both a 360 and the game at the hospital hooked up to an LCD and could be wheeled into the room when he wanted to play. So again if you have doubts I hope this is proof that it goes to where it should go, Kids who really need it

[quote name='psychobrawler']Something like a DS (or even better, a Wii) would be an absolutely awesome runner up prize. I'm glad this is doing well regardless, and it's great to know that it's already raised enough to break even. What was last years rake Cheapy? It'd be a good bench mark to try and top every season.[/quote] Hopefully we will have more details on the runner up prizes by next week.

Last years take was $3,000...I'm hoping for $5,000 this year.

I donated will donate more later on. I could care less about the play-asia money. I think of all charities this one is the best. A sick kid in a hospital has to be bored, and scared. A video game gives them something to do instead of listening to a machines beeping, and local channels on a shitty tv.

i just enter for the third time, 15$ for me so far from my paypal account. will donate more when i sell some unless stuff on ebay and get more money in the account.

Holy crap ! $2500 in 6 days ? The raffle idea seems to have worked wonders. At this rate you should more than double your goal.

Cheapy, what was the total raised last year ?

Well, I'm in for another $20. I would have thrown some in earlier, but I haven't been home all week.

I'll probably give $20 every week until the end. As someone who was once in a children's hospital for an extended stay, anything that can help does. The PlayAsia raffle is cool, but this is such a good cause that the raffle is in the background.

$2850 in a week is very nice - and unless there is a major slow down, you should make your goal and then some!

Nice job, Cheapy!

Yo, just thru down a twenny twen twen down for the cause (i also really want to win ;)....i feel better about myself already.... now i gotta get my own kid a present ....

I hope PayPal doesn't freeze the account like they did for Hurricane Katrina fundraisers.

PayPal seems to enjoy freezing accounts that accumulate alot of money.

Just donated five bucks, not much I know, but I lost most of my part time job funds with the Wii and Christmas presents.

:(, I'll try to donate more.

In for 25 bucks. I was wondering if we were going to do another user-created raffle like last year, which was crazy fun. But this is much more professional.

Thanks for the support of a great cause.

bread's done
Back