Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Reminder:

Final week of GTA V for the PS3.  Still plenty of time to finish any online things you may be after before the close on the 16th.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1469012546963181568?t=h63qSeSx50qazMkUIB-3Jg&s=19
lol, I was waiting for $40 from a non-grey market since I missed the $40 sale pre-Thanksgiving.

But if they want to sell it for $30, even better! Since I got PSN credit at a discount, this is cheaper than even grey market.

Hmm, I should probably wait til the 19th or when I'm done with SMT5, since I'm not playing anything on PS right now anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ETA when that sale goes live?
ConsciousShockingChickadee-size_restricted.gif

I’m tempted by Kena and Chicory. Has anyone played Chicory? How is it?

Outriders for $20 is a solid pickup. I’m tempted to convert to digital and trade in my physical copy.

I want to see how much longer third parties will continue to put their games on xbox. I haven't seen the sales figures for North America, but the figures for Europe were woeful. It was to the point that if you aren't selling your games and microsoft isn't paying you to put it on gamepass, what is the point? I imagine the cost to put games on both isn't that prohibitive with how similar the consoles are, but for smaller developers eventually they will have to examine the viability of spending any money at all to put games on a console where nobody buys games. Granted, Microsoft doesn't do too well in Europe anyway, so maybe the NA numbers are better.
Does everyone forget that story earlier this year about indie devs not being able to make any money on PSN because no one can find their games unless they pay a pretty penny to get featured?

I don't know about Europe but "games don't sell on Xbox because of GamePass" is false in the US. My store sold 50 copies of Halo Infinite yesterday and can't keep Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator in stock at full price despite all 3 being heavily advertised as Day 1 GamePass games.

Does everyone forget that story earlier this year about indie devs not being able to make any money on PSN because no one can find their games unless they pay a pretty penny to get featured?

I don't know about Europe but "games don't sell on Xbox because of GamePass" is false in the US. My store sold 50 copies of Halo Infinite yesterday and can't keep Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator in stock at full price despite all 3 being heavily advertised as Day 1 GamePass games.
It's not uncommon for store front to feature games that paid to get there. You see this in the Apple Store, Play Store, and even the Microsoft store.

I choose to believe that all the relentless fanboyism in this thread comes from adults in Ratchet and Clank hoodies and Bubsy slippers listening to Parappa tracks in their Um Jammer Lammy headphones. Stuck in the past, when Playstation actually was the best console.
You also choose to believe you make a lot of money and have a girlfriend. Even though its painfully obvious neither are true. Fake it till you make it I guess.

The sixth and final season of the Expanse is suppose to come out tomorrow if you want to binge it. I am about halfway through the series.

I thought it was okay. My problem was that I watched two season and stopped for a few years. Now I have no clue what is going on. The first couple of season was low budget but the production values gets better when the series was picked up by amazon. My coworkers really like it.

Game Awards news

• Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is coming to PS4
  • Star Wars: Eclipse is the Quantic Dream Star Wars
  • PUBG Battlegrounds is going free to play on 1/12/22
  • Wonder Woman game from the Mordor team
  • Alan Wake 2 for PS5 in 2023. It's a survival horror game instead of the action horror game the original was
  • Horizon Forbidden West trailer
  • Slitterhead is the new game from the creator of Silent Hill
  • The Lord of the Rings: Gollum got a trailer
  • Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course will be out 6/30/22
  • Sonic Frontiers is coming to PS5/PS4 Holiday 2022. Looks to be open world.
  • Tchia got a trailer and will be out Spring 2022
  • Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League got a trailer and 2022 release year
  • Forspoken got a trailer with a 5/24/22 date
  • Warhammer Space Marine 2 is coming to PS5
  • Saints Row trailer with 8/23/22 release
  • Nightmare Before Christmas event in Fall Guys starts 12/16
  • Among Us VR is coming to PSVR
  • Genshin Impact got a new trailer
  • Steelrising is coming to PS5 from Spiders (Greedfall)
  • Metal Hellsinger is a metal-themed rhythm FPS coming to PS5
  • Star Trek Resurgence is coming to PS5/PS4 from former Telltale devs
  • Rumbleverse is coming to PS5/PS4. Looked like a battle royale game with wrestling moves and such
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem got a trailer with 2022 release for PS5
  • Dying Light 2: Stay Human got a trailer with 2/4/22 release date
  • Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodhunt got a trailer with Spring 2022 release for PS5
  • Elden Ring got a new trailer with a 2/25/22 release date
  • Arc Raiders is a free-to-play co-op third person shooter for PS5
  • The Matrix Awakens playable experience is live to download and play on PS5
Kena: Bridge of Spirits won Best Indie Game

Maggie Robertson won Best Performance as Lady D in REVillage

Returnal wins Best Action Game

Deathloop wins Best Art Direction, Game Direction

Tales of Arise wins Best RPG

Nier Replicant won best soundtrack

It Takes Two won best multiplayer, best family game, and Game of the Year

Genshin Impact wins best mobile game

Guardians of the Galaxy won Best Narrative

Final Fantasy XIV wins Best Ongoing Game & Best Community Support

Guilty Gear Strive wins best fighting game

Elden Ring won Most Anticipated Game, again

Buddy and I wanted to get back into Destiny 2, but trying to figure out this clusterfuck of DLC was ridiculous.
Yeah, with Beyond Light getting yanked from Gamepass, I was considering seeing how it all works on the PS side. But I'm confused enough about all the Xbox DLC, I have no idea what we get on PS. With the cross-play it is a possibility, but I just don't know where to start.

Edit: Looking at the PS store, it appears we only ever got the base game. At some point I bought DLC on Xbox though and that should come across, right?

Yeah, with Beyond Light getting yanked from Gamepass, I was considering seeing how it all works on the PS side. But I'm confused enough about all the Xbox DLC, I have no idea what we get on PS. With the cross-play it is a possibility, but I just don't know where to start.

Edit: Looking at the PS store, it appears we only ever got the base game. At some point I bought DLC on Xbox though and that should come across, right?
DLC is only available on the platform it was purchased on, from what I remember the last time I checked on how they handled that stuff.

Buddy and I wanted to get back into Destiny 2, but trying to figure out this clusterfuck of DLC was ridiculous.
The stuff you can play for free (as in, owning no DLC) just got a big boost with the new content drop earlier this week. There is lots of stuff to do, but even more if you buy the new DLC (30th Anniversary DLC) but whether the cost of that DLC is woth it is still up in the air.

DLC is only available on the platform it was purchased on, from what I remember the last time I checked on how they handled that stuff.
FT is right, the expansion / content purchases are platform specific. However, the season passes that are required to play the seasonal content follow your cross-play account to any platform.

It was my GOTY, most fun I had with a game this year. It even got my wife who really doesn't play console games hooked. Really happy for the team behind it and hope it leads to more games like this.
Haven’t played it yet but I always support creativity

What was the 2.5 year game in the making trailer that was supposed to be shown??

It's hard to believe that It Takes Two is better than Dread and Rift Apart. I didn't play Village but my friend said it was really good.

It was my GOTY, most fun I had with a game this year. It even got my wife who really doesn't play console games hooked. Really happy for the team behind it and hope it leads to more games like this.
My wife is pretty terrible at games, but I've gotten her into some stuff like overcooked and animal crossing. This looks like it might be a little bit too challenging for her. Might give it a shot though as it looks great.

bread's done
Back