PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sort of going for a complete NA Vita collection. I've got maybe about 110 of them so far, with most of the harder ones already under my belt. It's the only system I'm trying to go for a complete collection for though (I thought about trying to do it with 3DS, but there are just way too many games, many of which are bleh.)

I like collecting things though. For me, it's fun to check ebay or go to a video game store or whatever. I've always collected things ever since I was a kid, whether it was baseball cards or Garbage Pail Kids or vinyl records or board games. It's a mentality. Collecting is part of the hobby for me. I like cataloging and arranging stuff, and you get a rewarding sense of progression through collecting. It's basically the real world version of getting collectibles in a video game, tickling the part of the brain that excites you when you slowly get to 100%.

But I do see the counter of collecting, how it can sometimes feel like a waste of time or money or space. But again, I then remember that I actually enjoyed the time I spent doing the actual collecting. Also, fortunately, if you're collecting stuff that other people also want, it's not too hard to dump it. I recently sold a bunch of 90s indie and punk vinyl.

Let us join together in prayer in the hopes that Sony hasn't forgotten about the vita and golden week sale today.
It's not that Sony has forgotten, it's that they could not care less abut the system. However, there may be a chance for this golden week sale (It's today?) because Sony might see it as a way to get a quick buck. You can always count on Sony trying to get some cash.

But I question if the american PSN will even bother with a japanese sale. Have they done it before? I don't remember.

It's not that Sony has forgotten, it's that they could not care less abut the system. However, there may be a chance for this golden week sale (It's today?) because Sony might see it as a way to get a quick buck. You can always count on Sony trying to get some cash.

But I question if the american PSN will even bother with a japanese sale. Have they done it before? I don't remember.
I don't see how one could own a Vita, play the Vita, buy games for the Vita, be in the dedicated Vita thread and not know about golden week sales.

Ar no Surge is $16 on the golden week. This is the lowest it has been right?

DT2 is $19.99, I personally highly recommend the game, really enjoyed the dungeon system and the well-drawn characters/enemies. A lot of post game content which I have not yet begun to explore yet.

I don't suppose Deception IV will be cheaper than this anytime soon, so I should probably jump on it.

I also want Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, but I'm just halfway through the original.

General reminder that if you don't have ps+ but you're getting something like Arland trilogy where the additional savings($16) outweigh the plus cost for 1 month($10), then just get a month of plus.

Well that was disappointing. Really terrible sale prices for Golden Weak, I would have been into a digital copy of Digimon on Vita for $20 or less too.
Only few games is OK price and the rest of them is OVER pricing. Flash sale is better deal than this GOLDEN Week.

Is Omega Quintet 10 or 15 with PS+?

I don't have mine active but I might use a 3month card if I decide to bite on this & Arland Trilogy... very tempting..

Did you not read the part where I said "I don't remember"?
Okay, then I change my original statement to "not remember golden week sales" (and if you want to get technical, I can say you do not know because you do not remember, makes no difference to my statement whatsoever) Still hard to fathom such memory slippage for an annual event, unless you had little to no interest in the Vita to begin with.

Yes, and I was interested in getting it, but after watching some gameplay, I decided to pass. It just looks...unfun to me.
Not that interesting to me as well. But I feel like I should buy it, just to show some sort of support.

Might get Eschy & Logy too, the time limit is not too punishing is it? I can just play it without a guide and get the good/true ending right?

I have bought Senran Kagura games for the vita so...that bon appetit digital game is probably all im going to get lol (and maybe ps3 Catherine since I don't want to open my CE of the game).

Okay, then I change my original statement to "not remember golden week sales" (and if you want to get technical, I can say you do not know because you do not remember, makes no difference to my statement whatsoever) Still hard to fathom such memory slippage for an annual event, unless you had little to no interest in the Vita to begin with.
Dude, why do you even care whether some guy remembers?

How are the other Atelier Plus games? I have Rorona Plus physically, but the others are digital only (wish they were on sale individually). Are the extras in the Plus version worth it?

Thankfully Amazon shipped my :vita: Stranger of Sword City LE in a box and not a bubble mailer. That baby is mint, well worth the $38.xx.

I'm still waiting on my copy of Stranger of Sword City to get delivered. Pretty excited! Anybody else particularly pumped or know how the game is?

Because the world should make sense.
Seriously? we're talking about something making sense in this forum site?

when those riches can buy all the video game collections for every consoles while paying a fraction in tax for their income

and the middle class are saving every pennies to be cheap ass gamers while paying 30+% in tax

I just enjoy being mentally ill cheap ass but not going to make any sense

Bought Severed. Can't wait to play it.
I am excited about playing it as well. I'll probably wait until this weekend to download it when I have time to play it, but reviews so far have not been nearly as high as I would have initially thought considering the developers track record.

How are the other Atelier Plus games? I have Rorona Plus physically, but the others are digital only (wish they were on sale individually). Are the extras in the Plus version worth it?
Would like to know this as well.. especially for a newcomer to the series.. is this trilogy worth $40?

So...which one?

Digimon Cyber
Escha and Logy
Omega Quintet
Ragnarok Ace
Digimon Cyber may be the better game there, but it will just drop more if you're patient. The Plus Vita games such as Escha & Logy Plus are generally relegated to digital only and usually only during golden week sales. I'd recommend that, plus it's supposed to be a good game. The others could be good but I don't know, though I've heard Omega Quintet is very average.

Besides included DLC, there are some other things like extra dungeons and costumes. Meruru notably has a new ending in the Plus version. I would recommend the plus versions just for the little things, but the PS3 versions do run better.

So...which one?

Digimon Cyber
Escha and Logy
Omega Quintet
Ragnarok Ace
I would recommend them in the order you listed.

How is the quality of the Atelier games? I see so many of them like they release 2 or 3 titles a year. I can't imagine the games being that good seeing as how many titles they pump out in such a short timeframe.

Are the stories in the Atelier games based on each other? Any issues with playing Escha and Logo if you haven't played any of the others first?

Time to bring back a discussion that is near and dear to many of our hearts.

So DD just recently redid the entire layout of their site, and now you can actually see the orders that are still active since before it just showed all orders in your history, even if they weren't active.

HERE'S TO HOPING MY SK2 WILL SHIP EVENTUALLY!  HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

giphy.gif

So what's the guesstimation on the Over/Under for when we will recieve our Oddworld PsVita games from LRG..? Or at least shipping notices..

Thanks, I hate to rely on guides due to time limit. Had a horrible time with Lightning Returns due to that.
why'd you have a hard time in ff13-3 when the time limit is a non issue since you can spam the time slowdown stop whatever ability easily?

Are the stories in the Atelier games based on each other? Any issues with playing Escha and Logo if you haven't played any of the others first?
Some of them will have spoilers for the other games stories but for the most part they are stand alone. Meruru for example spoils the ending for totori I have read. Here's the handy pic people pass around on here for the games. http://i.imgur.com/mSya7Jf.jpg

How is the quality of the Atelier games? I see so many of them like they release 2 or 3 titles a year. I can't imagine the games being that good seeing as how many titles they pump out in such a short timeframe.
They look decent and have alright combat though the main meat of them is the alchemy system for item crafting. Everything else is secondary. They definitely don't have much of a budget put into them though and have inconsistent triggers for story and character scenes. Voice work cuts in an out in ayesha. The dubs good though for the most part.

All in all I'd say they are worth a try but I would like them alot more if they developed their characters better. Slice of life is all well and good but you don't need to make said slice of life boring and uninteresting.

So DD just recently redid the entire layout of their site, and now you can actually see the orders that are still active since before it just showed all orders in your history, even if they weren't active.

HERE'S TO HOPING MY SK2 WILL SHIP EVENTUALLY! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!
I still have it but I feel they just forgot about those orders

Only few games is OK price and the rest of them is OVER pricing. Flash sale is better deal than this GOLDEN Week.
There's too much newer stuff that's discounted OK but not great. There's also 50 some less games this year than last.

Thankfully Amazon shipped my :vita: Stranger of Sword City LE in a box and not a bubble mailer. That baby is mint, well worth the $38.xx.
I hate you.

HERE'S TO HOPING MY SK2 WILL SHIP EVENTUALLY! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

giphy.gif
While I enjoy watching you writhe in anime GIF form my orders for Last Guardian by Nintendo are there still and active and I was one of the first to be refunded.

bread's done
Back