PS3 60gb available at BB.com, Non Bundle

froinlaven

CAGiversary!
Seems like the 60gb PS3 is available for online order at Best Buy. And it's not a bundle either. Saw it on fatwallet, figured I'd repost it here for anyone who wants one.

link

resistance is decent IMO. Nothing really special about it. After playing R6 and GOW and then playing a peek a boo/run and gun game like resistane with call of duty 2 style graphics I am very underwhelmed. I do hear that tekken 5 dark resurrection is coming to the PS store for around $20

[quote name='Masterkyo']No way i buy PS3 & Spend $60 for 1 game. I stick with Wii & XBOX 360. You can find GOOD XBOX 360 games for $30 - $40.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have a 360 and I'm happy with it. If I can get a Wii sometime, I will be even more happy.

There's not much on the PS3 that really interests me.

[quote name='deekayex']Plus the cost of a wavebird controller and gamecube memory card (the Wii is the only system that can't do backwards-compatibility out of the box).[/QUOTE]

I don't really see it as not being backwards compatible. The wavebird is still an excellent controller (which lots of people already have) and I think it can be found cheaper than wii controllers. Same goes for the memory cards. The beauty of it in my eyes is that all those kids (and adults like me) out there can use there Gamecube controllers and memory cards in there new Wii. The parents buying them, see the substantially lower price of the wii as well.

[quote name='deekayex'] Wii component cables, Wii ethernet dongle (if you don't have wifi).[/QUOTE]

I see this as a bonus as not everyone has a need for component cables or the ethernet dongle. Plus it gives you a chance to find the individual items at a discounted price.

[quote name='deekayex'] Xbox 360 controller recharger, and Xbox live subscription. [/QUOTE]

I never needed the recharger. Hmmm I don't know about the live subscription, does the PS3 come with a free subscription to PS3 live or something?

[quote name='deekayex'] And that $40 coupon will also work with the PS3. The PS3 20GB is reasonably priced in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yes the coupon can be used on the PS3, yet at $600 $40 savings is only like a 6.6% savings. Where if you use it on a Wii, it's a 16% savings. Still $40 saved, but when buying the wii it feels more significant to me. :) As far as the 20gb being reasonably priced, I disagree. I feel it should be at least $100 cheaper to really be competitive.

Not trying to start a war here, just bored at work. :) No offense deekayex, just stating my opinion like you. :)

[quote name='Indiana']You've got to be kidding...

Zelda + Gears of War > Resistence[/quote]

Haha! Completely agreed.

But - I recently caved and bought a PS3 after promising myself I'd wait. Why? There _will_ be games on it that I will want to play - Final Fantasy, the Silent Hill Series, RE5, and some other first party gems that I won't want to be without.

Also, the vibe on the PS3 is similar to when the PS2 came out (only slightly more negative press because of how much of an awful year Sony has had - the DRM mess, viral PSP sites, etc.). Everyone is bitching about a lack of launch titles (which is well founded) and how difficult it is to develop for the console. This was the same thing that everyone was saying with the PS2 launch.

But - if I didn't already have a Wii and 360, I wouldn't have even thought about getting a PS3 ;).

[quote name='nathansu']Haha! Completely agreed.

But - I recently caved and bought a PS3 after promising myself I'd wait. Why? There _will_ be games on it that I will want to play - Final Fantasy, the Silent Hill Series, RE5, and some other first party gems that I won't want to be without.

Also, the vibe on the PS3 is similar to when the PS2 came out (only slightly more negative press because of how much of an awful year Sony has had - the DRM mess, viral PSP sites, etc.). Everyone is bitching about a lack of launch titles (which is well founded) and how difficult it is to develop for the console. This was the same thing that everyone was saying with the PS2 launch.

But - if I didn't already have a Wii and 360, I wouldn't have even thought about getting a PS3 ;).[/quote]You do know that Resident Evil 5 is coming on 360 also Silent Hill I think will make a mark on the 360 as well. As for Final Fantasy yeah that is Ps3 biggest reason why I may want a Ps3 , but if FFXIII ends up like FFXII I'll say fuck that.

Let me know when you can get a PS3 for < $200, then I'll get one to play the FEW exclusives on it. :lol:

My XBox 360 makes me feel so :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

And I'll get a Wii when a few more games I want are out. :drool:

Wow, I never realized that the PS3 was in such little demand anymore. I haven't been out for a while (crazy snow) so I haven't checked the retail stores.

Looks like the Wii is the Wiinner so far...

[quote name='Oxybeles']Would Wii's last this long?[/quote]

It might say something that even though Wii's have much higher numbers available relative to the PS3's right now, BB.com has yet to make them available online.

My friend picked up 2 60gb PS3s thinking they were still hard to get but needs to return them now since none of us want them.

The biggest annoyance is the controller with the mandatory *get your usb cable after each firmware update and plug it in and press x*. Im sure everyone knows this already but with being it incompatible with my 42 inch westinghouse through hdmi and the controller having to charge thru USB only and not having replaceable batteries im happy I used store credit to buy the system.

Do you guys think ordering online is a good option? We don't have a BB around here and so if anything is wrong with it I can't return it to the store. Plus I'm really worried about this thing being banged around in shipping.

I haven't been out much to check availibility but I'm going to assume they're still sold out around here (I've come to realize this little town has an assload of gamers).... should I bite? I've really been wanting to get one and this has been my only chance so far.

No excitement here, since I have a Wii60. The local stores around here have PS3's, but no Wii's. I just see no reason for myself to buy a PS3. Most of the the games on PS3 will be on 360. Alot of games on the Wii will not be on either PS3 or 360. Buying a 360 and Wii is the better option then buying a PS3. As for the whole HD-DVD thing, I don't own a HD television yet (like alot of people), so no big deal. I have a wirless network, so the Wii connects to that and my 360 is wired directly to my rounter. So there was no extras to buy for me.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
PS3 > Wii + 360.
[/quote]

Actually, it's PS3 + Wii > 360. :D

People want to bitch about the PS3 only having one good title - it's only been out a couple of months, that number is going to grow. The 360 has been out over a year and the only 2 games worth owning are Gears of War and Oblivion. That's pathetic.

Only game I would want now is Resistance. Would probably only use as a Blu-Ray player at this time. I'll hold out until a game comes out that I have to have.

[quote name='lawdood']These are STILL available on BB.com since midnight last night? Wow, that's pretty sad.[/QUOTE]
They still had a stack of them in store at BB and I have seen them at many other B&M stores. I knew the PS3 weren't going to be as hot as PS2 but damn I thought it would still be harder to find then a Wii or the Xbox 360 was at this time last year. *I still haven't seen a Wii in store and I have been looking*

Anyone think people will eventually actually stop crying about the PS3 and how completely horrible it is? We get it, you don't like it. I have a 360 and a PS3. I like both of them (I do wish I was not on my 4th 360 but when it does work it is great). I also love the PS3. People are all just a little too happy about bashing the system. I like games and the PS3 is gonna have great games. Sure a lot of those games will be on the 360 but some will not. For me it is worth it. I do have a HD tv (Im sorry for those of you still on the B&W sets but I am glad Sony didn't cater or downgrade the system for you) and Blu-Ray is nice, wireless out of the box is nice. Maybe I drank too much of the koolaid but i think the system is great.

Call me when they fix broken JAGGY BACKWARDS COMPAT

call me when MS makes Morrowind, Pirates OTC and Riddick BC

HUMMMM

playstation 3 599 bucks could take back the ps2 i got and say it dont work right to get 140 knocked off. total out of pocket 450 tempting. but pass

[quote name='Setzer']Actually, it's PS3 + Wii > 360. :D

People want to bitch about the PS3 only having one good title - it's only been out a couple of months, that number is going to grow. The 360 has been out over a year and the only 2 games worth owning are Gears of War and Oblivion. That's pathetic.[/quote]

THAT SIR IS INCORRECT

[quote name='sociopharm02']Anyone think people will eventually actually stop crying about the PS3 and how completely horrible it is? We get it, you don't like it. I have a 360 and a PS3. I like both of them (I do wish I was not on my 4th 360 but when it does work it is great). I also love the PS3. People are all just a little too happy about bashing the system. I like games and the PS3 is gonna have great games. Sure a lot of those games will be on the 360 but some will not. For me it is worth it. I do have a HD tv (Im sorry for those of you still on the B&W sets but I am glad Sony didn't cater or downgrade the system for you) and Blu-Ray is nice, wireless out of the box is nice. Maybe I drank too much of the koolaid but i think the system is great.[/quote]

I don't think the majority of people are saying the PS3 is a horrible system, in fact, it's a pretty remarkabale feat of technology. It's just that it appears that Sony overestimated how many people were willing to pay $600 for a videogame console at this time. The majority of people still don't have HDTV's so the whole Blu Ray thing is not really that in demand right now, combined with the fact that's there's no 'must have' game, means even many hardcore gamers are sitting this one out for the time being. We need more incentive to spend that sort of money on a new console, especially when we have very viable alternatives such as the 360 and Wii for quite a bit less if what you really want is some great gameplay.

They had 7 or 8 60GB PS3s at the TRU near me today, just sitting there looking lonely and unwanted. I was there looking for a Wii (which I found 3 stores later at Target.. woo). I'll probably still get one eventually, but for now the Wii & Xbox 360 are the better value by far if you're basing the decision entirely on gaming.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Pretty much. The 20GB model is more comparable to the 360, but for $100 more, you get HDMI and blu-ray, which is definitely worth it.[/quote]

Haha, you don't know a thing about a system you actually own.

[quote name='Bazz']You do know that Resident Evil 5 is coming on 360 also Silent Hill I think will make a mark on the 360 as well. As for Final Fantasy yeah that is Ps3 biggest reason why I may want a Ps3 , but if FFXIII ends up like FFXII I'll say fuck that.[/quote]
It is quite unlikely that SH5 will come out on 360 - but either way I'm protecting myself :). I do know RE5 is going to be out on the 360, but I thought there was some kind of exclusivity deal with Sony for a good bit.

But really - thinking of the future first party titles + FF, I can't really see not wanting a PS3. God of War 3 on PS3 - *drool*. Plus all the good Japanese originating games that will never see the light of day on a 360.

Plus I'm a Linux geek. Sony is contributing to the kernel, which is very, very nice IMHO. Any media device that is (1) not a computer by "default" and (2) can run a decent distro with little to no pain has a huge appeal to me.

Edit : It is funny they are still in stock though :).

[quote name='Setzer']According to you maybe.

I'm just going with the facts. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes and according to you, "your opinion", not facts is there were 2 games on 360 worth owning (I personally enjoyed SC:DA, GoW, among others...)

I personally think the PS3 is a good deal for what you get, doesnt mean I want to get up today and buy one, as I have passed up alot more opportunities at this point to buy one that I did last year in snagging a 360... it did take me months to find one in stores

its just not worth the extra 600 to get the PS3 for the bluray and a few exclusives at this point in time... if PS3 had launched first.. maybe different story, but the whole shortage issue with launch to the greedy scalpers, facts not totally to blame on Sony have soured me a bit on getting a PS3 at this point as well

[quote name='dallow']Haha, you don't know a thing about a system you actually own.[/quote]
I think you took his words the wrong way. He means, for 100 more than the XBOX 360, you get hdmi and blu-ray, not the 100 dollar jump from the 20 GB to the 60 GB.

but it was poorly worded.

Some people have a different opinion, but it's not worth $600+ for me to participate in what is effectively a public beta. For nearly twice the price of a 360 (based on recent rebate deals), I want a flawless experience that has all the features of a 360 (Live, good backwards compatibility over HD connection) and games I want to play. Until that happens, I'm happy to sit on my cash, buy cheap 360 games, and wait for my next gen Sony experience to arrive.

I also waited on the 360, and bit when there was a good CC deal, many bugs had been patched, and my original Xbox was throwing up DDEs.

Wow, these are still available (online only). Still passing on it, though. There just aren't any games I really want to play for it ATM, I already have several computers, and I've already invested in HD-DVD.

[quote name='porieux']Meh. I could buy one and expense it to my employer but I still can't be bothered. I'm happy with the Wii60.[/QUOTE]

I call BS, if you could get one and expense it to your employer (making it free for you) then you would buy one, if not then you're a fool. I am a Wii60 person but if I could get a free PS3 then I would jump on it.

I can walk in to any retail store in my area and pick up a PS3...but good luck trying to find a Wii...can't find those anywhere!

funny how i'm seeing all these PS3 sucks posts in this thread and last night I made a similar but more objective post and it was deleted.

I just got back from a little shopping...saw the 60 GB in stock at Target and a used 20 gig in stock at Game Crazy. These things are getting pretty easy to find it looks like. I saw about 15 people walk by the one at Target and drool but none of them wanted to shell out $600 for it. I'm sure some dummy will buy it thinking he can get $1200 for it still.

It still amazes me that there are auctions on ebay with BIN's for around $2000. As these threads tell us, the system is fairly easy to find now if you just look for one.

I went Wii searching today (and missed one by 1 minute). At Best Buy, there were two 60GB PS3s just sitting there, not being sold... I guess it's true. No one loves PS3.

[quote name='froinlaven']I went Wii searching today (and missed one by 1 minute). At Best Buy, there were two 60GB PS3s just sitting there, not being sold... I guess it's true. No one loves PS3.[/QUOTE]
I wouldnt necessarily say they dont love PS3, most just cant afford one. I have a few friends that want one, but dont have the funds right now.

Wow, still able to add one to my cart. I figured it be all gone by now. Truly, the PS3 is a bust for Sony.....sucks to be them.

I saw three 60 GB PS3's sitting out in the middle of my local Best Buy. I would pick one up if there was more than one game I wanted to play. Plus I can't bring myself to pay $600 for a games console right now.

Sony picked a poor time to launch the PS3. It's a great system but a majority of the games don't start hitting shelves until March. I think Sony would have been better off launching around that time.

I'm happy with mine -- Resistance, Ridge Racer 7 and Madden have all been fun to play plus I've been using it to watch Blu-Ray movies.

[quote name='T1Panda']I saw three 60 GB PS3's sitting out in the middle of my local Best Buy. I would pick one up if there was more than one game I wanted to play. Plus I can't bring myself to pay $600 for a games console right now.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I just can't justify a price of $600 for just one game I want to play namely Resistance.

bread's done
Back