PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='lokizz']another vauge update. im glad some of you can get excited over this but you have to wonder what "a few more days" means to sony. i assume most people will decipher it as meaning itll be up this week but i dunno.[/QUOTE]

It'd be damn near impossible for them to be anything but vague. Testing is a cyclic process that never truly ends...they're going to keep looking for bugs -> finding bugs -> fixing bugs, so they can look for more bugs, find 'em, and fix 'em, and so on. The day PSN goes back up will be the day they're no longer finding major?) security issues with their new system. If they came right out and said that, a good many news organizations would run headlines with "Even Sony's new system has security issues", and they really don't need that kind of press.

the same dude fucking hounds me to buy their god damn power player bullshit card every time. i buy used games there, play for 6 days and then return for a full refund. spending $15 to save $2 on a used game doesnt matter when i get to play it for fucking free.

[quote name='8bitArtist']the same dude fucking hounds me to buy their god damn power player bullshit card every time. i buy used games there, play for 6 days and then return for a full refund. spending $15 to save $2 on a used game doesnt matter when i get to play it for fucking free.[/QUOTE]

Lol, i nearly had an employee cuss me out over buying used games and returning them. He said "This isnt a freaking Blockbuster!".

Strangely he isnt working at Gamestop anymore ^_^

Also, dont ever try to cancel a Reserve at gamestop. They get really pissed for some reason

[quote name='Organization_XIII']And not a single bit of trade feedback.... way to contribute.[/QUOTE]

I've sold through Ebay. Posted on my auctions here in the long past. Haven't needed to venture in the trade forum. Don't really see the point as I don't feel like liquidating my collection just yet, but why am I rationalizing this to you and why should I care.

i feel as though they are almost trying to bait me in admitting to it. hahahaha. i use the 3 gamestops that are within a few mile radious of me. they all know me. the smart ones stop asking about that fucking card. the others just get more persistent.

it just so happens every single used game i ever bought there "i didnt like" lmao

[quote name='iwannadie']I agree, plus every time I tried trading or selling stuff here people just lowball you so much. I could either trade to amazon for 30 or sell here for 10.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that and enough scam traders that it just isn't worth my time to even try. I'll sell through Ebay/craigslist (even), to friends, give games as gifts, trade in, etc. I just don't see the point at this point to get into the trading forum of the site and to invest my time (which is worth a lot more).

[quote name='Organization_XIII']And not a single bit of trade feedback.... way to contribute.[/QUOTE]

::points finger::

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

HA!

[quote name='iwannadie']So, if your connection sucks making it impossible for you to download games that would mean you don't use the psn service. Why should they compensate you for a service that you don't use?[/QUOTE]
Even with my slower speed connection I use PSN, although I do wish there was a way to go around PSN and just get on the servers for the specific game(s) I play online and still be able to connect to friends.

But what I object to is the likelihood of these 'free' games being multi gig download only versions that'll take HOURS for my connection to download, take up precious HDD space AND most likely be shit I've already owned and don't want again.

Hell. I don't even care if we get anything free out of this outage, I just want PSN back so I can play a couple games with my online friends again.

But most likely if the 'welcome back' program for the US is all digital downloads, then I'll just let it sit there and not use it, since I have no need for more shit cluttering up the HDD on my PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, i nearly had an employee cuss me out over buying used games and returning them. He said "This isnt a freaking Blockbuster!".

Strangely he isnt working at Gamestop anymore ^_^

Also, dont ever try to cancel a Reserve at gamestop. They get really pissed for some reason

[quote name='nbballard']As it was explained to me: The employees are expected to get a certain number of pre-orders each shift/week/month or something like that. A pre-order is a +1. Unfortunately, a cancelled order is a -1. Even worse- if you pre-order from 1 employee, and cancel with another, it makes one look great and the other look bad. If you leave the pre-order hanging and just collect your credit later, it doesn't impact their numbers, but cancelling makes them look bad.[/QUOTE]
This is correct. I've learned this over trading/buying from GS for about 5+ years through small conversations with the employees. That's why I routinely leave a $5 deposit on a game sit there till the game releases and THEN cancel.

Mind you, I've also been known to cancel on employees I don't like to give them a negative just because I know how their system works now.:evil:

[quote name='nbballard']As it was explained to me: The employees are expected to get a certain number of pre-orders each shift/week/month or something like that. A pre-order is a +1. Unfortunately, a cancelled order is a -1. Even worse- if you pre-order from 1 employee, and cancel with another, it makes one look great and the other look bad. If you leave the pre-order hanging and just collect your credit later, it doesn't impact their numbers, but cancelling makes them look bad.[/QUOTE]

Nice, so back in the day when I worked there before the "merger" when they were still Funcoland you had to sell so may game system cleaners & GI subs. Now they pump you for pre-orders.

Ok Sony, "a few more days" means possibly by this weekend? I certainly won't hold my breath but that would be awesome. I'm still thinking about getting in on the Best Buy sale on UC2 GOTY Edition for the additional content. I'm borrowing a friend's copy and beat the single player game but if/when the PSN comes back I'd use the additional maps. If only Gamestop would match the deal or I could find someone that would trade me a $25 BB card for a GS one.

Oh, wasnt aware it worked like that. Gamestop really needs to learn how to do sales or something though, sometimes i put pre-orders down on games for the bonuses months ahead, only to find a much better deal and cancel it later.

Guess ill have to stop doing that as much

either way, they need to stop pushing that power player card on to people they know arent interested in it. annoying as shit and sooner or later im just gonna be a blatant asshole to them.

[quote name='8bitArtist']either way, they need to stop pushing that power player card on to people they know arent interested in it. annoying as shit and sooner or later im just gonna be a blatant asshole to them.[/QUOTE]

Heaven forbid they are trying to do their job. As someone who use to work retail that had to push a similar program, I was able to convert people (ie: get them to sign up) who had said no at least 5-10 times prior...

I hate their player card and all the other garbage they try and push on to you. I rarely go there but the last time that I did I got a receipt 2 feet long with some junk about an online free MMO or something.

I like how people are scared to not give personal information at the checkout. When I go to best buy they always ask for a phone number and I just say no.

[quote name='Eviltude']Did they really post an update basically saying they have no update? Awesome...:roll:[/QUOTE]

No, it was an update for an update for whenever we receive an update

[quote name='SynGamer']Heaven forbid they are trying to do their job. As someone who use to work retail that had to push a similar program, I was able to convert people (ie: get them to sign up) who had said no at least 5-10 times prior...[/QUOTE]

theres a line where they are doing their job and then they cross it and start being cocky and pushy. it gets annoying. very annoying. ive bought and taken back about 30 games (all within the 7 day window making them free)... safe to say i dont give a fuck about whatever program youre trying to peddle.

the one time a girl was working at one and after i declined upgrading she goes "what? you dont like saving money?". attitudes like that wont get you a sale if i was on the fence.

then again, people who work retail probably hate their lives. i would.

[quote name='8bitArtist']theres a line where they are doing their job and then they cross it and start being cocky and pushy. it gets annoying. very annoying. ive bought and taken back about 30 games (all within the 7 day window making them free)... safe to say i dont give a fuck about whatever program youre trying to peddle.

the one time a girl was working at one and after i declined upgrading she goes "what? you dont like saving money?". attitudes like that wont get you a sale if i was on the fence.

then again, people who work retail probably hate their lives. i would.[/QUOTE]

This times a trillion. I could understand asking me once or twice, but if your literally asking me 5+ times to reserve something or subscribe, im just gonna get annoyed

[quote name='lokizz']another vauge update. im glad some of you can get excited over this but you have to wonder what "a few more days" means to sony. i assume most people will decipher it as meaning itll be up this week but i dunno.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you do have a point. I don't play PS3 on the weekdays due to work and usually look forward to Friday or Saturday nights. Glimmer of of hope. =P

[quote name='KingBroly']http://psndowntime.com/

I have a good feeling about this week. Friday afternoon I bet. Feels like a good time.[/QUOTE]

Mana said the same thing. Like they put up psn before they leave. I really hope so, but they have said it was coming back before and it didn't.

Between this and the @ss of a WEB browser and HOME still not being out is killing SONY BAD

Streets of Rage 2 was supposed to be a free Genesis download on May 3 for Playstation Plus users. I wonder what other free content was scheduled to be released this month and how they plan to put it out now?

I also hope that Plus users end up getting 2 free months of service out of this...one for the layoff and one as a reward for patience with a company that so loosely handled our private data...

Another blog post is up, basically saying "Idk when psn will be up but maybe it will be in a few days." I don't think anything they're saying matters without the inclusion of date, but an update is an update, I guess.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm just waiting for Sony to comment on May 31st: "We do not comment on rumors and speculation" lol

I love you Sony but you really need to work on your communication skills.[/QUOTE]

That's what happens when the legal department takes over all media relations. Based on some personal past experiences with Epson I'm thinking it must be a Japan culture thing. Us crazy "we need it NAO" westerners love our status updates detailed and often. :lol:

[quote name='iwannadie']I hate their player card and all the other garbage they try and push on to you. I rarely go there but the last time that I did I got a receipt 2 feet long with some junk about an online free MMO or something.

I like how people are scared to not give personal information at the checkout. When I go to best buy they always ask for a phone number and I just say no.[/QUOTE]

You can always sign up for a "google voice" number for free and put some sort of prank voicemail on it. At least that way some tool at corporate gets punked instead of the poor lackey that has to ask the question to keep their job. :lol:

[quote name='8bitArtist']theres a line where they are doing their job and then they cross it and start being cocky and pushy. it gets annoying. very annoying. ive bought and taken back about 30 games (all within the 7 day window making them free)... safe to say i dont give a fuck about whatever program youre trying to peddle.

then again, people who work retail probably hate their lives. i would.[/QUOTE]

Just curious - do you actually buy any games or do you just take advantage of the 7 day window.

I turned on my TV and PS3 last night and behold, I saw the "new update available" message! I was elated for a bit because finally an update. Well, just for a few seconds though, because the update was for my 3D LED TV :lol:

[quote name='Serpentor']I turned on my TV and PS3 last night and behold, I saw the "new update available" message! I was elated for a bit because finally an update. Well, just for a few seconds though, because the update was for my 3D LED TV :lol:[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:( i am saving up for one what kind did you get SONY or SAMSANG

Haha, if WoW was down for this long, it would been chaos. Not only WoW but Starcraft II cannot be played due to you have to log into your battle.net account.

[quote name='SpeedNut']You can always sign up for a "google voice" number for free and put some sort of prank voicemail on it. At least that way some tool at corporate gets punked instead of the poor lackey that has to ask the question to keep their job. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That would require effort from me to help someone else keep their job, where's the win for me?

Besides, they ask the question "May I have your phone number?", to which I answer "No.". I am not preventing them from doing their job.

Here's a question... how can review sites (such as IGN) provide accurate reviews for recently released games that have an online component?

Reading between the lines here, if you were one of the few that take game reviews seriously, stop. They're all full of fuck.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Here's a question... how can review sites (such as IGN) provide accurate reviews for recently released games that have an online component?

Reading between the lines here, if you were one of the few that take game reviews seriously, stop. They're all full of fuck.[/QUOTE]

I think Brink is a prime example of this. Although I do not think the AI is a horrid as alot of other people are saying I know with PSN the game will be almost a million times better, especially if you have a good squad.

Am I the only one seeing Kaz doing this when answering questions?

reggie_shrugs.png

[quote name='vlv723']Haha, if WoW was down for this long, it would been chaos. Not only WoW but Starcraft II cannot be played due to you have to log into your battle.net account.[/QUOTE]

If Warcraft was down for this long, dear god. I remember one day the patch was taking a few hours then expected and the warcraft forums were full of tons of people crying, "omg warcraft is still down, why Blizzard, I need to run this dungeon again for the 20th time to get my rep for this epic, you suck Blizzard for not getting this game upto date fast enough". I could imagine an angry mob with torches and pitchforkes coming at Blizzard's door :lol:.

Keep in mind this was only like 5 hours after blizzard said the patch would be up, but they were having problems.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Here's a question... how can review sites (such as IGN) provide accurate reviews for recently released games that have an online component?

Reading between the lines here, if you were one of the few that take game reviews seriously, stop. They're all full of fuck.[/QUOTE]

If you actually took the time to look, you'd see that IGN didn't release a review for Brink on PS3 because of the fact that online is down for PSN and that wouldn't be fair to the game:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167011p1.html

They did release a 360 review though, since their online works fine...so I'm guessing the PS3 review won't differ much from that. Typically they won't review games unless they are able to review it in its entirety and will delay reviews for that very reason.

That said, I don't really trust reviews all that much, they are just one person's opinion and that one person is no more qualified than me or you to review a game. It's an objective opinion and if done properly, can be used to see some of the pros and cons of a game before making a decision to buy it, if say, you were on the fence about picking up a specific title.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I don't know about you guys, but I have a crazy amount of trophies to sync when the PSN goes up.[/QUOTE]
Aye, I have all the offline trophies for Portal 2 along with a bunch of MNR ones that I've been working on.

bread's done
Back