PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='hereon']Agreed...what is worse is that I have wanted a Playstation 3 for the longest of time and I finally purchased one...that was about three weeks ago exactly. The same day the PSN goes down :wall:[/QUOTE]

well at least that gives you time to think of a psn id. or were you able to sign up on psn before it was cut off?

kinda curious how many of you are planning on picking up arkham city day 1? the game looks damn impressive but because of dlc i wonder if it wouldnt be better to wait.

[quote name='lokizz']kinda curious how many of you are planning on picking up arkham city day 1? the game looks damn impressive but because of dlc i wonder if it wouldnt be better to wait.[/QUOTE]
Have they announced DLC? AA only had 2 DLC packs, didn't it? The Joker and Scarecrow missions. Both were free at launch (depending on pre-order).

[quote name='lokizz']kinda curious how many of you are planning on picking up arkham city day 1? the game looks damn impressive but because of dlc i wonder if it wouldnt be better to wait.[/QUOTE]

Thinking about it since I loved AA.

[quote name='nbballard']Have they announced DLC? AA only had 2 DLC packs, didn't it? The Joker and Scarecrow missions. Both were free at launch (depending on pre-order).[/QUOTE]

They had challenge maps as well after launch, they were also free iirc.

i just bought crysis 2 for $30 from some guy who was complaining about psn.
if you want to expand your collection this is a good time to get cheap games from whiny bitches. check your local cragslist

[quote name='nbballard']Have they announced DLC? AA only had 2 DLC packs, didn't it? The Joker and Scarecrow missions. Both were free at launch (depending on pre-order).[/QUOTE]

im sure it will have it i just wonder how much . on top of that hey have 3 versions of the last game so its a hard choice for me. i dont have any doubt the game will be amazing but i guess ill just wait till theres an actual review before i make a decision.

[quote name='lokizz']well at least that gives you time to think of a psn id. or were you able to sign up on psn before it was cut off?[/QUOTE]

I actually made an account online way before to reserve my PSN ID haha so luckily I put mostly fake info and I still benefit from the "Welcome Back" program

[quote name='lokizz']well at least that gives you time to think of a psn id. or were you able to sign up on psn before it was cut off?[/QUOTE]

I actually made an account online way before to reserve my PSN ID just in case haha so luckily I put mostly fake info and I still benefit from the "Welcome Back" program that Sony is offering which is great on their part. Now to see what exactly it ends up being.

Considering I still have Arkham Asylam sealed that I bought for $40 18 months ago, Arkham City is going to have to wait.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i just bought crysis 2 for $30 from some guy who was complaining about psn.
if you want to expand your collection this is a good time to get cheap games from whiny bitches. check your local cragslist[/QUOTE]
XBOX 360.
XBOX 360 EVERYWHERE!
1.png

[quote name='Josh5890']Considering I still have Arkham Asylam sealed that I bought for $40 18 months ago, Arkham City is going to have to wait.[/QUOTE]

You'll get through the story mode in about 6-8 hours on normal difficulty. There is still tons of challenge modes to rack up the play time though. Great franchise superhero game, but okay in general.

So what are people going to do first when the PSN comes back?

Hint: Starts with an S and ends with a 4.

[quote name='option.iv']Sou Calibur 4? Street Fighter 4? Sonic the Hedgehog 4? Star Ocean 4?[/QUOTE]

Socom 4 is what he's hinting at.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i just bought crysis 2 for $30 from some guy who was complaining about psn.
if you want to expand your collection this is a good time to get cheap games from whiny bitches. check your local cragslist[/QUOTE]

That is what I have been doing. People are just dropping ps3 stuff like nobody's business. To quote Jon Lovitz in the Wedding Singer: "He's losing his mind and I'm reaping all the benefits."
Another man's loss is my treasure. No complaints here.

Not sure how true it is, but was just on another site and a news posting says...

"Sony representatives announced they are going to fully resume PSN network by May 31st. The delay is explained by the desire to ensure complete integrity of the entire system."

Seems an awfully long time to keep it down....

[quote name='j-cart']You'll get through the story mode in about 6-8 hours on normal difficulty. There is still tons of challenge modes to rack up the play time though. Great franchise superhero game, but okay in general.

Hint: Starts with an S and ends with a 4.[/QUOTE]

umcharted 2 mp and a shitton of it. ive been been needing my fix of that game so bad im playing the sp campaign on crushing again. but its not the same without that ringing sound from mp everytime you kill someone. that and the ability to hump people when they fall over objects just right lmao.

[quote name='j-cart']
[/QUOTE]
U2 Multiplayer with some fellow CAGs and Portal 2 Co-Op with a PC friend. :D

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Please read my post again. Nowhere in my post did I mention Brink. However, IGN did review the new Virtual Tennis game, which to my understanding, has a rather robust online component.

Before you drop the "If you actually took the time to look" line, make sure you actually take the time to look.[/QUOTE]

I was simply using Brink as an example since it was the most recent big name release.

And if you actually took the time to look, you'd see they posted this at the beginning of their Virtua Tennis 4 review:

"Due to the PlayStation Network's downtime, we have not been able to test online play on the PS3 version of Virtua Tennis. Our evaluation is based on the 360 and Wii versions. We will provide an update once PSN returns."

So there is your answer. They acknowledged it's down, and it's not the full review...

[quote name='praxus07']Not sure how true it is, but was just on another site and a news posting says...

"Sony representatives announced they are going to fully resume PSN network by May 31st. The delay is explained by the desire to ensure complete integrity of the entire system."

Seems an awfully long time to keep it down....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the "by May 31st" date has been around since the beginning of May. I suspect it will be back up next week, but its just a guess and PSN could very well be down until May 30th. :rofl:

Well May 31st is my bday and I would much rather Sony give me my present before then so I don't miss out on my GT5 present too.

Gonna be on dat S _ _ _ _ 4! Patches better be ready when it comes back, or I'll send Zipper an angry letter.

Its good to see a lot of people care about MP gaming on the PS3. Bad to see that the PSN is STILL down.

Loved the first game, will love the second no doubt. Will pick up day one to support these types of superhero titles.

[quote name='lokizz']umcharted 2 mp and a shitton of it. [/QUOTE]

Preach on!

[quote name='200STM']I'm going to play Unreal Tournament III :3[/QUOTE]

Same here too, since someone actually challenged me to a 1v1.

[quote name='vlv723']Almost at that 30 day mark. Time sure does fly.[/QUOTE]

Does this include the time down by the DDOS from Anon before the super outage?

[quote name='dgwillia006']My PSN was being crappy for a good 2ish weeks before the crash. I thought my account was just glitchy or something[/QUOTE]shirt.woot will have to sell "2011 PSN Crash Survivor" t-shirts when this is all over...

"Do you remember what YOU were playing before the great crash?"

When PSN comes back online, I'll be downloading the comic for Mass Effect 2 so I can make my critical ME1 decisions and then I'll start ME2. But for now I'll be trying to finish Little Big Planet and Assassins Creed.

:lol: No one around here is pricing shit lower because of PSN being down unfortunately. If anything, even the local gaming shops are starting to post ads on there for their systems.:roll:

[quote name='Thomas96']When PSN comes back online, I'll be downloading the comic for Mass Effect 2 so I can make my critical ME1 decisions and then I'll start ME2. But for now I'll be trying to finish Little Big Planet and Assassins Creed.[/QUOTE]

You can go through a pre-plan all your decisions as well, like who you'll sleep with.

[quote name='jman619']That's what is so stupid about Anon since there is so many of them. Some of them could honestly say no we didn't do it and some of the other members could have. Either way I still hate hackers no matter who it was.[/QUOTE]
Actually word on the street is some members of Anon did do it and now there is a war inside the whole Anon group over it. It's getting very ugly.

Anon's organization format has it's draw backs. On one hand, they are very liquid and able to do large scale, legally questionable activities without having a true figure head to take a fall- but on the other hand, i can claim i'm Anon and start hacking the NAACP website and putting KKK propaganda on CNN's splash page or something.

There is a family friend of ours who is 25 and has cancer, and had been in bed for months, he needs to find a bone marrow donor. All he does is play PS3 online with call of duty, nba jam, mk9, etc. But now that PSN has been down for over 3 weeks, hes been feeling much worse. Feels like shit to tell his brother when i saw him yesterday it might not be up this weekend.

When PSN returns, I'll definately get baack into Uncharted 2 and join up with you CAG's.

[quote name='blitz6speed']There is a family friend of ours who is 25 and has cancer, and had been in bed for months, he needs to find a bone marrow donor. All he does is play PS3 online with call of duty, nba jam, mk9, etc. But now that PSN has been down for over 3 weeks, hes been feeling much worse. Feels like shit to tell his brother when i saw him yesterday it might not be up this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to him as well as his family.

[quote name='blitz6speed']There is a family friend of ours who is 25 and has cancer, and had been in bed for months, he needs to find a bone marrow donor. All he does is play PS3 online with call of duty, nba jam, mk9, etc. But now that PSN has been down for over 3 weeks, hes been feeling much worse. Feels like shit to tell his brother when i saw him yesterday it might not be up this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Wow, don't know what to say to this... On one hand, there's very little time left and it seems playing games is the last thing I want to do if I'm in his shoes (my opinion). On the other hand, it's his right to experience what life has to offer, including gaming online. It sucks, truly sucks... I know people can give him Xbox 360 for his needs, but it's not the same. WHY? Because it's the same reason why people game on Live refuse to switch to PSN, i.e. friend list! You can build the list over time, but not if you're running of it :whistle2:(

I realized that what I've missed from PSN is not gaming online, not synching trophies, but seeing my friends online.

Yikes... looks like he should have got an Xbox

quagmire.png

Horrible. Maybe one of his friends can lend him a 360 until it goes back up? He is probably in too poor of a condition to sit up at a gaming PC.

[quote name='nbballard']Anon's organization format has it's draw backs. On one hand, they are very liquid and able to do large scale, legally questionable activities without having a true figure head to take a fall- but on the other hand, i can claim i'm Anon and start hacking the NAACP website and putting KKK propaganda on CNN's splash page or something.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.
Since they are "Legion", they don't get to claim all the "good and noble" :roll: things they do while ignoring the train wrecks and negativity they cause.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: No one around here is pricing shit lower because of PSN being down unfortunately. If anything, even the local gaming shops are starting to post ads on there for their systems.:roll:[/QUOTE]

My local craigslist is flooded with people selling Xbox shit right now, there's hardly anything up for PS3.

bread's done
Back