PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']You didn't have to because shooting from the hip with any AR was dead accurate and took skill to handle the recoil properly. You'd probably enjoy the MP5 though, because you could still spray n' pray like a noob. ;)[/QUOTE]

If I want to aim down the sights, what makes you think I spray and pray? Handling recoil is easy, you shoot in bursts and slightly hold down on the right stick, big deal. Everything that has been said about Counterstrike so far makes it seem like a beginner FPS, which it probably was for a lot of you.

[quote name='Velo214']i was wrong. you can get the plat in cs go with all offline bots. as long as they aren't on harmless difficulty. altho a few like knife vs knife and sniper vs sniper might be harder.[/QUOTE]
sniper vs sniper is easy but knife vs knife cannot be done offline

did
gold knife vs bot gold knife nothing
knife vs bot gold knife nothing
:cry:

CS GO patched 1.01. any idea what it did? can't find any info. peace all

lol @ gettinmoney calling cs an fps for newbs ;)

cs go just told me 'tests indicate the lower the iq the more fun is derived from this test' when i spent 2 minutes throwing grenades in weapons training, lol!

[quote name='Velo214']CS GO patched 1.01. any idea what it did? can't find any info. peace all

lol @ gettinmoney calling cs an fps for newbs ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you're "deadly accurate" shooting from the hip with any assault rifle, that doesn't seem like it takes much skill.

Man, I'm getting all nostalgic watching random videos of 1.6. Reminds me of my awp-whoring days. The ORIGINAL quick-scoping game ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6gcmbioqiE

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If I want to aim down the sights, what makes you think I spray and pray? Handling recoil is easy, you shoot in bursts and slightly hold down on the right stick, big deal. Everything that has been said about Counterstrike so far makes it seem like a beginner FPS, which it probably was for a lot of you.[/QUOTE]Because aiming down the sights gives a higher degree of control than from the hip, so you can just spray n' pray. Try doing that in CS and you'll bounce all over the place, unless you have any skill.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, I'm getting all nostalgic watching random videos of 1.6. Reminds me of my awp-whoring days. The ORIGINAL quick-scoping game ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6gcmbioqiE

Because aiming down the sights gives a higher degree of control than from the hip, so you can just spray n' pray. Try doing that in CS and you'll bounce all over the place, unless you have any skill.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen someone link spray and pray with more control.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Well better late than never. I still have yet to play Psychonauts.[/QUOTE]

Neither have I, it's sitting on my shelf though.

Since I am a PS Plus and have downloaded Ep 1, and Ep2 of Walking Dead, will I be able to play Ep3,4,5 with plus since I downloaded the first 2? Or not?

If you buy them, it should work fine. The only way you'll have an issue is if you cancel your sub since you'd need the first episode to play the rest.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should get Psychonauts. I have it on Steam (haven't played it yet) but I much prefer playing games on consoles rather than the computer.

The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Art of Fighting
The King of Fighters '94
The King of Fighters '95
The King of Fighters '96
Metal Slug 1
Metal Slug 2
Samurai Showdown
World Heroes

They aren't specific about the prices, but Jeff kind of says they may be about a buck. It also seems like it'll be most of the SNK games on sale along with the bundles for PS3/PSP.

Games
God of War Bundle - All Five Games - I'm not sure that it'll actually have God of War 3
Lights, Camera, Party! - Move Required
Madden NFL 13 - $59.99
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $19.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $39.99
Ratchet & Clank HD Collection - $29.99
Ratchet & Clank HD - $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando HD - $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal HD - $14.99
Record of Agarest War Zero
Rock Band Blitz - $14.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - $14.99

PS2 Classics
Psychonauts - $9.99

Demos
Dungeon Twister
Rock Band Blitz

Add-ons
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Spelunker HD

Vita Games
Madden NFL 13 - $39.99

Coming to the Vita PS Store:

PSP
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

More details on PS1 Classics for Vita will be coming soon.

Sure would be cool to have a sale on some PSone Classics to celebrate the fact they'll be playable on Vita now. I've been meaning to get some games on there, like Tomba, Grandia, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, & more.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Metal Gear Solid: Peach Walker - $19.99[/QUOTE]

I like the level where Snake infiltrates a factory downtown.

[quote name='tylerh1701']o_O Spelunker HD Add ons? Maybe that will be accompanied by some type of sale...a guy can hope![/QUOTE]

Well you called out for a sale on Flower and what happened? Flower went on sale.

So you might be on to something.

[quote name='Bumslie']Well you called out for a sale on Flower and what happened? Flower went on sale.

So you might be on to something.[/QUOTE]

;) Sure hope so.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Metal Gear Solid: Peach Walker - $19.99

lol, I want that game. Snake goes all fruit ninja on em![/QUOTE]

No way I'd pay $20 for an MGS themed Fruit Ninja.

[quote name='tylerh1701'];) Sure hope so.[/QUOTE]

I would get Spelunker HD if there was a sale. If you pick this getting a sale then you better tell us what other deals are in the future.;)

[quote name='Bumslie']Well you called out for a sale on Flower and what happened? Flower went on sale.

So you might be on to something.[/QUOTE]
Could have something to do with the Journey CE that comes out the same day. Just maybe. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']Could have something to do with the Journey CE that comes out the same day. Just maybe. ;)[/QUOTE]

The Flower sale was from previous one. Tylerh was talking about Flower going sale on a Tuesday before the update. It wasn't listed previously and it was on sale with Flow and the DLC.

Just saying if you need a game to go on sale just ask Tyler.;)

@gettinmoney- The game looks really good. I just have enough games to play to wait for a sale or freebie for PS+.

Oh damn, Spelunker had DLC+trophies in the JP version, and not here? Is that what's coming next week? I might be screwed though, I platted the game from a gameshare group, but deleted the game, and I can't re-download it because the host changed the password and ran. I don't really want to re-buy the game...

Plus, as much as I liked it, I don't like the co-op aspect because it's not easy to find other skilled players. I got lucky and ran into a guy that did the entire game with me in 1 sitting, but I don't trust myself to have that kind of luck again.

[quote name='AkariK']Oh damn, Spelunker had DLC+trophies in the JP version, and not here? Is that what's coming next week? I might be screwed though, I platted the game from a gameshare group, but deleted the game, and I can't re-download it because the host changed the password and ran. I don't really want to re-buy the game...

Plus, as much as I liked it, I don't like the co-op aspect because it's not easy to find other skilled players. I got lucky and ran into a guy that did the entire game with me in 1 sitting, but I don't trust myself to have that kind of luck again.[/QUOTE]

If you do end up gettin the DLC, you can add me and I'll help you out. I actually did worlds 7-10 co-op by myself.

[quote name='Bumslie']@gettinmoney- The game looks really good. I just have enough games to play to wait for a sale or freebie for PS+.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm in the same boat.

[quote name='AkariK']Oh damn, Spelunker had DLC+trophies in the JP version, and not here? Is that what's coming next week? I might be screwed though, I platted the game from a gameshare group, but deleted the game, and I can't re-download it because the host changed the password and ran. I don't really want to re-buy the game...

Plus, as much as I liked it, I don't like the co-op aspect because it's not easy to find other skilled players. I got lucky and ran into a guy that did the entire game with me in 1 sitting, but I don't trust myself to have that kind of luck again.[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't know it had a platinum. Makes me want it even more.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Wow I didn't know it had a platinum. Makes me want it even more.[/QUOTE]

Platinum, and a total of 74 trophies (JP version).

Finally Tony Hawk HD is coming out for PSN. Been waiting all summer for it, it sure would be cool if they discount it a few bucks for PS+ members.

[quote name='thejnc']The God of War Collection hits next week at stores also and has GoW3. So I would imagine the PSN download does.[/QUOTE]
God of War 3 isn't on PSN yet and they didn't mention that it was coming out next week, so it's up in the air right now from what I can tell.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']According to joystiq, Spelunker HD and the new DLC will each be on sale for half off for ps+

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/24/spelunker-hd-update-and-dlc-will-kill-you-starting-august-28/[/QUOTE]

woohoosimpsons.jpg

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']God of War 3 isn't on PSN yet and they didn't mention that it was coming out next week, so it's up in the air right now from what I can tell.[/QUOTE]

hopefully The Drop on Sunday will clarify

[quote name='tylerh1701']
woohoosimpsons.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok Tylerh congrats on getting another game on sale.

Thanks for using your psychic powers......Keep us posted on the future deals. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back