PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']You know what? I think 8BitArtist ratted me out on PS3Trophies.org. He posts here too.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty fucked! Why do some people feel so high and mighty by being a snitch about insignificant things.

OMG im gunna be so kew and tell on him for posting where he shouldn't cause I have no friends as I stab them all in the back like the douche I am...

Theres always gotta be at least one in every group right?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']God of War 3 isn't on PSN yet and they didn't mention that it was coming out next week, so it's up in the air right now from what I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Could just be available with the bundle. Who knows, we'll find out come Tues? But I wouldn't mind just getting GoW3 since I have the other 4 already on my PSN account.

[quote name='kygad']Thats pretty fucked! Why do some people feel so high and mighty by being a snitch about insignificant things.

OMG im gunna be so kew and tell on him for posting where he shouldn't cause I have no friends as I stab them all in the back like the douche I am...

Theres always gotta be at least one in every group right?[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, I don't know for sure, but it was pretty much just him and me in that thread and he stopped responding after I posted the picture.

[quote name='kygad']Thats pretty fucked! Why do some people feel so high and mighty by being a snitch about insignificant things.

Theres always gotta be at least one in every group right?[/QUOTE]
There's a lot of snitches on CAG that hit the report button like it'll provide the cure for cancer if they spam it enough. It usually happens after someone feels I hurt their widdle feelings and they start to cry.:lol: Some people are just spineless.;)

I listen to the blogcast at work, and they specifically said that the GOW collection, including on PSN will include III.

EDIT: Though I suppose it could also be mentioned that they specifically said that Tony Hawk HD contains only levels from Tony Hawk 1, and none from 2, so they could apparently stand to do a little more fact checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/26/the-drop-week-of-august-27th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation 3

Ratchet & Clank Collection (3D Support) – This trilogy of Ratchet & Clank classics contains Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered in 1080p for the PlayStation 3 with additional upgrades such as Trophy and 3D support.

Madden NFL 13 (Also on PS Vita Gamecard/Digital) – With physics you can feel, Madden NFL 13 delivers revolutionary gameplay in the ’013 edition of EA Sports’ football franchise. Powered by the all-new Infinity Engine, true player impact and authentic momentum transfer ensure that no two plays ever look or feel the same. Madden NFL 13 revolutionizes the way sports video game career modes are played with Connected Careers—a completely new and fully connected universe defined by deep gameplay, unique storylines and social integration. The game continues to evolve the sport sim experience with cutting-edge Infinity Engine technology, revolutionary Connected Careers and a complete audio and visual overhaul that delivers best in class presentation.

PlayStation Network

Rock Band Blitz – Designed for use with a standard controller, Rock Band Blitz is beat-match gameplay evolved…no instrument peripherals required! Rock Band Blitz is a new way to experience your favorite Rock Band songs, with fast-paced, multi-track arcade gameplay that encourages you to compete against your friends for the highest scores. Use insane power-ups like the note-obliterating Bottle Rocket or the Pinball strategically to boost your scores and top the leaderboards!

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD – Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD takes the best elements of the classic THPS games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, the gameplay in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD returns to controllers and focuses on the satisfaction of linking sick tricks for maximum points. Combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.

Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker – The era is the 1970s. Big Boss has stations his “Soldiers without Borders” in Columbia, South America, where he was approached by a visitor from Costa Rica, “a Nation without a Military.) In the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis, as Latin America became a key to maintaining the power balance between East and West, Costa Rica has miraculously managed to maintain its peace and neutrality. However, in various regions of the country, a mysterious armed force seemed to be engaging in suspicious activities. Now, to preserve peace in this nation without a military, the “Soldiers without Borders” move into action. In time, they would come to be known as the founders of “Outer Heaven”…

Ratchet & Clank – Save the galaxy as Ratchet, a wrench-wielding Lombax, and his robot buddy Clank, in this action-adventure with a multitude of crazy weapons. It’s time to rip the galaxy a new one. With over 36 weapons and gadgets to choose from, it’s no wonder Ratchet and Clank have itchy trigger fingers in this massive platforming adventure. Think about it. You can choose from burning, bombing, exploding or obliterating your enemies. So go ahead, blow it up. Blow it all up. It isn’t the size of your weapons that count. It’s how many you have and better yet … How you use ‘em!

Ratchet & Clank : Going Commando – Ratchet and Clank return as heroes for hire in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, the second game in this action platforming franchise. A greedy race of aliens called the Blarg has ruined its own planet and now seeks to build a new homeworld, by stealing the choice parts of other inhabited planets and destroying the rest. Our heroic duo take up a job to find a stolen experiment for mega-corporation Abercombie Fitzwidget, meeting a large cast of characters who will help them along the way.

Ratchet & Clank : Up Your Arsenal – Developed by Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal incorporates new elements of gameplay not seen previously in the series, including online and offline multiplayer capabilities. To set things up Up Your Arsenal returns gamers to Planet Veldin, the setting of the original game, where the duo set off on a gripping new adventure through a multitude of diverse planets to fight for galactic peace. Players will be able to earn up to 20 weapons (including online and offline) with four levels of upgrades, plus new high-tech gadgets to help them through their journey.

Record of Agarest War Zero – Record of Agarest War Zero is a prequel that tells the story of what happened in the age before Record of Agarest War, detailing the rise of some to glory, and the fall of others, into darkness.

Lights, Camera, Party – Lights, Camera, Party! is a fast-paced and funny party game that is quick to set up and full of a variety of mini-games, challenges and Trophies for a fresh experience each time you play. You and your friends will step into the shoes of the Funzinis, a family forced to compete in an array of wild game shows to win a new home after the TV station’s satellite crash lands in their living room.

Demos

Dungeon Twister
Lights, Camera, Party
Pro Evolution Soccer
Rock Band Blitz

PlayStation 2 Classic

Psychonauts – A surreal action/adventure that stars a powerful young psychic cadet known as Raz, Psychonauts follows an interesting story: while working on his levitation merit badge, Raz discovers that someone is kidnapping psychic children and stealing their brains. In order to foil this evil plot and earn the title of Psychonaut, Raz must project himself into the minds of one bizarre character after another to battle their nightmares and mental demons. He does all this while continuing to earn psychic merit badges for Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Pyrokinesis and more. Players run, bounce, float, climb, swing and sneak while defeating monsters, lunatics and demons with the Psi-Blast, a mental burst of energy that will banish nightmares.

[quote name='whitereflection']If the SNK games really are $1, I'm going to have to get all of them. Do any of them have online?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they all do although I've never tried going online with any of the ones I have. Of the ones listed, I have them all other than Art of Fighting and World Heroes. Still, for the right price, I'd pick up those two stinkers.

Just picked up a $20 PSN card. Now give us The Walking Dead episode 3 this Tuesday.

Damn you Sony, didn't want to load up on a $20 card but your not gonna see my CC info ever. to think of it, this might just be a ploy to get paying customer like myself to buy psn cards and forces us to spend more than we like.

[quote name='Daring']Just picked up a $20 PSN card. Now give us The Walking Dead episode 3 this Tuesday.

Damn you Sony, didn't want to load up on a $20 card but your not gonna see my CC info ever. to think of it, this might just be a ploy to get paying customer like myself to buy psn cards and forces us to spend more than we like.[/QUOTE]

So Sony is forcing you to do something because of some personal limitation that you impose on yourself?

Also, the Drop didn't mention Episode 3 so I hope you don't come back here on Tuesday whining about it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So Sony is forcing you to do something because of some personal limitation that you impose on yourself?

Also, the Drop didn't mention Episode 3 so I hope you don't come back here on Tuesday whining about it.[/QUOTE]

Pretentious much?

[quote name='eballarini']It is just my imagination or the GOW bundle is going to have 30 day free trial for ps plus users?[/QUOTE]

That would be crazy. Any halfway serious gamer could beat every game in that collection in 30 days.

[quote name='wtsutton']That would be crazy. Any halfway serious gamer could beat every game in that collection in 30 days.[/QUOTE]

I think you guys are misunderstanding things, if they are running any promotion it's not that you get the collection for free w/PS+, it would be that you get a 30 day trial of PS+ w/purchase of the collection.

Amazon has run/been running similar deals for select PS3 games - buy a game and get a free 30 day trial of PS+ (credit card required).

[quote name='waldo21212']I think you guys are misunderstanding things, if they are running any promotion it's not that you get the collection for free w/PS+, it would be that you get a 30 day trial of PS+ w/purchase of the collection.

Amazon has run/been running similar deals for select PS3 games - buy a game and get a free 30 day trial of PS+ (credit card required).[/QUOTE]

Now everything makes sense. Thanks :)

[quote name='waldo21212']I think you guys are misunderstanding things, if they are running any promotion it's not that you get the collection for free w/PS+, it would be that you get a 30 day trial of PS+ w/purchase of the collection.

Amazon has run/been running similar deals for select PS3 games - buy a game and get a free 30 day trial of PS+ (credit card required).[/QUOTE]

Was going to say...sheesh. I hadn't seen anything on the deal but I couldn't see them giving + peeps a 30 day free trial on five games that can be beaten in one to two days each. lol.

iv had 150 in my ps wallet forever. i wish they didnt put a max limit. iv got a stack of $50 psn cards, and i wish i could make sure they are all legit some way without waiting to drop below 100 to add them on . oh wellz. first world problems.

[quote name='Velo214']iv had 150 in my ps wallet forever. i wish they didnt put a max limit. iv got a stack of $50 psn cards, and i wish i could make sure they are all legit some way without waiting to drop below 100 to add them on . oh wellz. first world problems.[/QUOTE]

Ill check for you ;)

Bit OT here, but is there anyway to transfer purchases between PSN accounts? I have a PS1 game on an old account I had a while back, and I wanna play it on mah Vita tomorrow.

Don't forget that tomorrow is the update for the Vita that everyone has been waiting for Firmware 1.8, which finally allows the PS Vita to play Playstation one games. Just thought people with the vita would like to know.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Bit OT here, but is there anyway to transfer purchases between PSN accounts? I have a PS1 game on an old account I had a while back, and I wanna play it on mah Vita tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Best you can do is re-purchase it on the new account.

[quote name='Velo214']iv had 150 in my ps wallet forever. i wish they didnt put a max limit. iv got a stack of $50 psn cards, and i wish i could make sure they are all legit some way without waiting to drop below 100 to add them on . oh wellz. first world problems.[/QUOTE]

Velo you can always send some codes my way. I feel the same that you do with PS+ 1 year cards.

Can't you enter the code and just not confirm on soe.com?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Can't you enter the code and just not confirm on soe.com?[/QUOTE]

You can do it on PSN also on a ps3 or vita

seems so pic
7869780594_c4030b7d1b_z.jpg

It's a smart move to make Borderlands free this month. Considering Borderlands 2 comes out this month, the people who never played it might be convinced to make the plunge on borderlands 2 even if they weren't expecting to.

so is Borderlands just the base game with no DLC included right? I was planning on getting the GOTY version soon in preparation for Borderlands 2 but PS+ just save me some money :)

[quote name='Jack_Frost']really wish I didnt pay for borderlands now. even if it was last year for the complete edition for like..$10 I think it was?[/QUOTE]

You would rather have the vanilla version for free than the GOTY version for $10?

Sweet, Tomba will be available on day 1 when the Vita gets PS1 support tomorrow.

Some good stuff for Plus coming up, even if I have most of it. I highly recommend Greed Corp for anyone who hasn't tried it. It is a super fun (light) strategy game and for $2.50 you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']really wish I didnt pay for borderlands now. even if it was last year for the complete edition for like..$10 I think it was?[/QUOTE]

The DLC is worth that price alone. It adds a ton to an already lengthy game, and not just new zones either, new everything! I also bought it on the PSN sale last year and have no regrets, just sad that it's taking up a free game slot for plus member that already own it like myself. :)

id love some more sales or freebies for some of the games that have never once been on sale. lot of repeat deals going on. got a lot of credit to spend.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']really wish I didnt pay for borderlands now. even if it was last year for the complete edition for like..$10 I think it was?[/QUOTE]i bought it for $10 at bb few months ago and its worth every penny

the dlc is fantastic :bouncy:

Ditto, and it was actually $15. I only own two digital copies of full games, and Borderlands is one of them. :whistle2:(

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']id love some more sales or freebies for some of the games that have never once been on sale. lot of repeat deals going on. got a lot of credit to spend.[/QUOTE]

Spelunker HD is new at least and I'm excited about that. I own everything else (except that overpriced Move game) on Xbox.

Also, I was hoping for a few bucks off of Tony Hawk, but it will sell at full price so I can understand why they didn't want to discount it.

Just a heads-up, people have reported online connectivity issues between disc-based and digital based versions of Borderlands -- especially when playing the DLC. I managed to get in about 20 minutes of playing time with a friend who had the digital DLC version of Dr. Ned when I played with the disc-based DLC before both of us froze (and it was pretty laggy the whole time). I should note that this was with the :360: and not the :ps3: console, but chances are they have the same issue.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ing-to-instant-game-collection-september-4th/

Here's the full post with the PS+ update for the next two weeks:
It’s been quite a week for PlayStation Plus since the last time we chatted. Earlier we announced that Plus will be coming to PS Vita and that it will also be getting an upgrade in Online Game Save storage (from 150MB to a beefy 1GB). We’ll have news for you on when these will hit and what these updates will be all about soon enough; until then, let’s take a look at some of the great discounts coming in at the end of the month, and let’s welcome PS3 Full Game Borderlands into the Instant Game Collection in September! It’s a lot to take in so without further ado, let’s get into the preview for the August 28th and September 4th PlayStation Plus updates.

August 28th PlayStation Plus Update

Lights, Camera, Party!

50% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $29.99, PS Plus Price: $15.00)

The essential party game for PlayStation Move owners is getting a giant discount for PlayStation Plus members. Fast-paced, funny, quick to set up, social and full of a variety of mini-games, challenges and Trophies, you’ll find an incredibly fun experience each time you play. Only one PS Move controller is needed to get everyone in on Lights, Camera, Party!

Space Channel 5: Part 2

40% off the Sale Price for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Sale Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.99)

If you have yet to experience a Space Channel game, this is a great chance to do it. Space Channel Part 2 was released last year on PSN and took the remarkable rhythmic gameplay and charming story of the original Space Channel, and improved upon it in every way. It’s a steal at $2.99 for Plus members.

Spelunker HD (Game and DLC)

50% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $5.00)

A widely considered classic is remade in HD and is now on the ultra cheap for Plus members. Explore underground worlds, collect treasures, and fend off enemies with Spelunker HD’s addictive gameplay rooted in old-school gaming concepts. While you’ll find the game on sale at $5.00, you can also snag the game’s all new DLC hitting with this update for about $1 a pop. You’ll find all new areas and stages to download if you’re craving more of that Spelunker HD action.

September 4th PlayStation Plus Update

Borderlands

Free for PlayStation Plus Members; Add-Ons 50% off

Just in time to get set for the release of Borderlands 2 on September 18th, we’re happy to deliver the original Borderlands free for Plus members! Visit the wasteland planet of Pandora and embark on a quest for the elusive Vault. Featuring extensive co-op integration that seamlessly blends the single-player and multiplayer experiences, Borderlands allows players to freely join or leave each other’s games at any time for collaborative mayhem or the freedom to choose to play in full single-player mode to experience the world on their own. Borderlands also includes a groundbreaking weapon generation system that offers a near infinite variety of weapons to the player. Borderlands combines these features with addictive non-stop action to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters and RPGs. We’re also throwing a sale on all the remarkable Add-Ons for Borderlands as well for 2 weeks. They will be all 50% off, including amazing expansions like Zombie Island and New Revolution. Or grab the Add-On Bundle for 50% off as well.

Daytona USA

40% off the Sale Price for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.99)

Get your rolling start ready and pick up SEGA’s Daytona USA for only $2.99. The original game, redone in HD delivers the classic racing experience, and brings in new features including online play.

Greed Corp

50% off the Sale Price for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Sale Price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Greed Corp is an award winning, innovative turn-based strategy game, situated in a world inspired by the industrial revolutions and their destructive effects on the environment. Find the delicate balance between harvesting the land for resources and preserving it to stay alive. Will you defend your territory or sacrifice it to keep it out of enemy hands?

That’s it for now; check the PlayStation Store Updates for more details as they come, and we’ll see you again soon to deliver more PlayStation Plus goodness through September and beyond. See you in the comments!
At 50% off, the add-ons will make it $20 total compared to the $15 that they charged for the GOTY bundle last year.

The Walking Dead Episodes 1/2 are going to be expiring with next week's update, so that's what Borderlands will be replacing.

Well the hope that we would be getting any more episodes seems dim now with it lasting 1 month. Maybe I am wrong but it would seem it will only be Episodes 1 + 2 to get people roped into buying the last 3.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well the hope that we would be getting any more episodes seems dim now with it lasting 1 month. Maybe I am wrong but it would seem it will only be Episodes 1 + 2 to get people roped into buying the last 3.[/QUOTE]
That would be the most likely marketing angle. It's a free taste to get you hooked.

its like Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle they gave ep 1 free then if u wanted 100% u needed to buy the rest works every time

[quote name='6er']Just one new for plus? Hope they add a few more next week.[/QUOTE]
Borderlands is for next week and there will be more during the rest of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back