PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question for my fellow cag's:

If I use the voucher for 30 days free psn+ i got with my BF ps3 bundle, can I then buy the discounted packages with no strings attached? And I'll keep the games after the trial ends right?

[quote name='gospelman']Quick question for my fellow cag's:

If I use the voucher for 30 days free psn+ i got with my BF ps3 bundle, can I then buy the discounted packages with no strings attached? And I'll keep the games after the trial ends right?[/QUOTE]

Anything you buy with the discount is yours to keep. All the FREE stuff minus avatars and themes expire.

Question about Automatic Update for PS+

I'm downloading Crysis now. It's huge, and downloading very slowly, as usual on a Tuesday night. I never use automatic update, but if I turn it on for 2am, will it turn my system on and work on downloading Crysis for me? Or does it just download system updates and patches and stuff?

Thanks.

[quote name='Bumslie']Anything you buy with the discount is yours to keep. All the FREE stuff minus avatars and themes expire.[/QUOTE]

that's what i thought, thank you. hopefully there aren't any restrictions since i'm using the free 30 day voucher

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question about Automatic Update for PS+

I'm downloading Crysis now. It's huge, and downloading very slowly, as usual on a Tuesday night. I never use automatic update, but if I turn it on for 2am, will it turn my system on and work on downloading Crysis for me? Or does it just download system updates and patches and stuff?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It should download it, install it, and turn itself off. If the system is already on at 2 am, however, it won't do anything.

Guess I'll be getting ME2 Arrival DLC. I've finally been putting time into the game the last few weeks and a lot the the last few days. I was going to buy it this week any ways. Woohoo!

Can't pass up Crysis for $10.49 either!

[quote name='Magus8472']It should download it, install it, and turn itself off. If the system is already on at 2 am, however, it won't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question about Automatic Update for PS+

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You could just set the system to finish and install downloads when you go to turn it off for the night.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You could just set the system to finish and install downloads when you go to turn it off for the night.[/QUOTE]

How? Sorry, I don't do this very often.

[quote name='tylerh1701']How? Sorry, I don't do this very often.[/QUOTE]

When you go to turn off the system, it will ask if you want to do that. You hit the x and press okay.

If you go to the Turn Off System option under the Users tab, you'll get the option to have the system finish/install your downloads before turning off.

Bundles
Dante’s Inferno Bundle - $19.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Dead Space 2 Bundle - $44.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition Bundle - $29.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Bundle - $49.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Shift 2 Unleashed Bundle - $49.99 - Includes Game & All DLC

Add-ons
Dante’s Inferno DLC Bundle - $14.99 - Includes All DLC
Dead Space 2 DLC Bundle - $14.99 - Includes All DLC
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit DLC Bundle - $29.99 - Includes All DLC
Shift 2 Unleashed DLC Bundle - $24.99 - Includes All DLC

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Dante’s Inferno Bundle - $14.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Dead Space 2 Bundle - $35.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Bundle - $39.99 - Includes Game & All DLC
Shift 2 Unleashed Bundle - $39.99 - Includes Game & All DLC

Add-ons
Dante’s Inferno DLC Bundle - $10.49 - Includes All DLC
Dead Space 2 DLC Bundle - $10.49 - Includes All DLC
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit DLC Bundle - $20.99 - Includes All DLC
Shift 2 Unleashed DLC Bundle - $17.49 - Includes All DLC

Why no PS+ discount for the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition? And why no Dragon Age Origins DLC bundle? I'm going to GameStop tomorrow to "rent" the pre-owned Ultimate Edition there, good job losing out on money EA.

[quote name='Orofin']Why no PS+ discount for the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition? And why no Dragon Age Origins DLC bundle? I'm going to GameStop tomorrow to "rent" the pre-owned Ultimate Edition there, good job losing out on money EA.[/QUOTE]
Or ya know you coulda just bought the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition from Best Buy for $19.50 and/or later on for $9.99 instead of 'renting' from GS.;)

Besides which, I don't think you can simply download the content from the disc like you can with some other games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Besides which, I don't think you can simply download the content from the disc like you can with some other games.[/QUOTE]

I have the ultimate edition and I am 100% sure that you can download it from the disc. I let a friend borrow it so that he could download the stuff and then play it with his vanilla copy and it worked just fine.

I still haven't cracked open my copy I bought in-store when BB clearanced it to $19.50(and then later on cut it down to $9.99:bomb:), so I wouldn't know for sure. But I did think you could only play them off of the disc and needed that specific version.

Either way, while I don't exactly like GS, 'renting' games just to download the add-ons from the disc is abusing their return policy and gonna screw it up for regular customers.

Thanks for the heads up! Snagged the DS2 bundle, and am strongly considering the Dantes super bundle, despite the fact that i already own it on disc. But $5 for a d/l version just seems too good to pass up...

yeah talk to vergil all you can. i missed him at the very end at the final save and beat the game and had to replay the whole game because he was like the same color blue and he blended in with the background and the bridge, doh!
oh wellz

Pretty epic week, glad i grabbed another PSN card. Got ME2 Arrival, Crysis, all the new Disgaea 4 and King of Fighters XIII stuff, and the UMVC3 costume pack :D

[quote name='Barry Burton']how many gigs is crysis?[/QUOTE]

It said 3026 mb but you also need that amount free after you downloaded it to install. I'm so sick of having no memory left, I had to delete sword and soldiers and dead nation to get crysis!

I bought Crysis and Max & the Magic Marker. Still debating NBA Jam: OFE, simply because I own the disc version already. But I think I'm gonna cave, the single player campaign sounds way better than the one on the disc.

Is Crysis as great as every says it is? I don't dislike FPSs, but they have to have a more than basic story to interest me and keep me going. Is this just another kill spree campaign, or does it have a intriguing plot? Basically, do you reccomend it to a person very much in to story-driven games?

Also, I'm new to the PS3, is the PS+ membership worth keeping up? Are the perks worth $50 a year?

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Is Crysis as great as every says it is? I don't dislike FPSs, but they have to have a more than basic story to interest me and keep me going. Is this just another kill spree campaign, or does it have a intriguing plot? Basically, do you reccomend it to a person very much in to story-driven games?

Also, I'm new to the PS3, is the PS+ membership worth keeping up? Are the perks worth $50 a year?[/QUOTE]
If you're like me and don't buy much from PSN, I'd say yes. They're giving away plenty each month that I wouldn't buy otherwise and pretty solid discounts on what I would buy. In the 8 months I've had PSN+, I've gotten RE1-3, Plants Vs Zombies, Spyro 1-3, Jurassic Park, and Stacking free and plenty more on sale.

Let's see what I might get this week with $0.30 or less in my PSN wallet at the moment and buying a $20 PSN card:
Mecho Wars free
Gatling Gears $4.89
Crisis $10.49
Burnout Crash $4.89

or

Mecho Wars -free
Crysis $10.49
Mass Effect 2 Arrival $4.99 (Mass Effect on Xbox 360 backlog and Mass Effect 2 PS3 backlog.) Might have to wait on this piece of DLC to go on sale.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Is Crysis as great as every says it is?[/QUOTE]
Most of Crysis' praise was mostly for PC users to use as a benchmark to see if their systems were up to snuff in being able to display everything in max settings.

I have a problem. I really want to buy NBA Jam while it is on sale but I am afraid that it may become part of the 12 for '12 discounts for PS+. Anybody think it's possible that NBA Jam will be cheaper than the $9.99 sale price as a part for the 12 for '12 deal next week?

[quote name='nicodemus317']I have a problem. I really want to buy NBA Jam while it is on sale but I am afraid that it may become part of the 12 for '12 discounts for PS+. Anybody think it's possible that NBA Jam will be cheaper than the $9.99 sale price as a part for the 12 for '12 deal next week?[/QUOTE]

This crossed my mind too. I honestly don't see PlayStation being dumb enough to do that, cuz it would piss A LOT of people off.

However, I think they will announce the 12 for '12 games before next Tuesday anyway, so just wait to see when they get announced before buying NBA Jam.

EDIT: They announced the 11 for '11 sale the day before the sale. I would expect the same, I know Morgan on the PS Blog said the 12 for '12 games would be announced next week.

Here's a link for the 11 for '11 if anyone's interested:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-networks-11-for-2011-ps3-game-sale/

[quote name='nicodemus317']I have a problem. I really want to buy NBA Jam while it is on sale but I am afraid that it may become part of the 12 for '12 discounts for PS+. Anybody think it's possible that NBA Jam will be cheaper than the $9.99 sale price as a part for the 12 for '12 deal next week?[/QUOTE]
I don't see them doing that. The 12 for 12 they have already planned. I doubt they would screw people over by doing an even cheaper discount next week

Yea i'm on the same boat. It's hard to tell since it only has a regular discount and not an alternative ps plus discount.

Is Gatling Gears good? What's the premise of the game?

I thought about buying NBA Jam but that whole bit of not being able to pass to a teammate while in a dunk motion sucks, do you control both players or just one?

[quote name='Guimengo']Is Gatling Gears good? What's the premise of the game?

I thought about buying NBA Jam but that whole bit of not being able to pass to a teammate while in a dunk motion sucks, do you control both players or just one?[/QUOTE]you can set it to control whoever has the ball.

[quote name='Guimengo']Is Gatling Gears good? What's the premise of the game?

I thought about buying NBA Jam but that whole bit of not being able to pass to a teammate while in a dunk motion sucks, do you control both players or just one?[/QUOTE] top down twin stick shooter. More replay value with NBA jam I would think. Gatling gears is fun and looks real nice but nothing original by no means

Max and the magic marker...already got that on iPad a while back for 99 cents. Why do Sony and MS force developers to have uncompetitive prices? I really hate that. At least MS recently reduced the prices for its indie games. To a minimum of $1. I hope. Sony does that with some of these games. I'm sure that developers of some of the older titles that can't get sales any longer would love to make some $1 sales for 4 year old PSN games.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I have $20something odd dollars in my wallet and it's difficult to spend it. I wonder if EA will release another NBA Jam eventually.

[quote name='Guimengo']Thanks to both of you for your replies. I have $20something odd dollars in my wallet and it's difficult to spend it. I wonder if EA will release another NBA Jam eventually.[/QUOTE]If you have any love for the older NBA Jams, pick this up @ $10. It is a great arcade game. Great.

[quote name='Blaster man']Max and the magic marker...already got that on iPad a while back for 99 cents. Why do Sony and MS force developers to have uncompetitive prices? I really hate that. At least MS recently reduced the prices for its indie games. To a minimum of $1. I hope. Sony does that with some of these games. I'm sure that developers of some of the older titles that can't get sales any longer would love to make some $1 sales for 4 year old PSN games.[/QUOTE]To be fair, they did add move support and better graphics to Max. It isnt like they are asking $5-10 for a straight port.

[quote name='orangecrush']To be fair, they did add move support and better graphics to Max. It isnt like they are asking $5-10 for a straight port.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I was happy to pay $5 for it, I don't even have move, it just seemed like a cool game and this is the first time I've owned it.

[quote name='orangecrush']If you have any love for the older NBA Jams, pick this up @ $10. It is a great arcade game. Great.[/QUOTE]

I just got my girlfriend's N64 in my place, I was very close to getting Hangtime :p.

I just realized I bought 6 of the 11 for '11 last year.
Good thing I got a $50 PSN card for this year's crop.

[quote name='AoA']I just realized I bought 6 of the 11 for '11 last year.
Good thing I got a $50 PSN card for this year's crop.[/QUOTE]

I got 8, I believe. That was a hell of a sale, first time discounts on deathspank and costume quest.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Not really 100% related but the original Killzone is coming to PSN on the 24th[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back