PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't every Tales game pretty much the same thing except for the story? That's why they all start with the word Tales.
No...there's differences in the combat mechanics and such. A lot of people like ToHr's quite a bit, for example. I haven't played enough of the series to be able to compare and contrast each title, but I'm sure there's plenty of people in here that can talk about how they differ.

Isn't every Tales game pretty much the same thing except for the story? That's why they all start with the word Tales.
They change little things in the battle system for every game. Tales of hearts R has a counter attack mechanic, the xillias have a link mechanic where you do combos with other characters, etc. Haven't played any of the others recently enough to remember the differences though. Usually the tweaks are what make people prefer one tales game over another. The stories are typically pretty generic.

Batman AK DLC: 1989 Movie Pack

Street Demonz   -- silver trophy

Achieve 33 Stars in AR Challenges using the 1989 Movie Batmobile.

I should not have bought Tetris.
And I should not have started playing plants vs zombies.

I was in the mood for something that wasn't too deep and I could pick up and play in short bursts, but for some reason tower defense games feel like such a complete waste of time to me. Nothing else in the backlog seemed to fit what I was looking for so I gave it a go... should have just stuck with rocket league.

You guys ever go through periods of time where nothing sounds good when you're looking for something to do? Literally every game, movie, show, book... it doesn't matter what it is, nothing interests me in the slightest. It usually hits me for about a week every so often and it drives me crazy... a lot of times I use it as an opportunity to get chores done that I've been putting off, because if nothing is going to be fun then why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an almost zen-like experience playing entwined on my vita this mornign after a couple of beers.

Then I had too many and got lost in the options menu....

sigh

uJo20Fy.gif

You guys ever go through periods of time where nothing sounds good when you're looking for something to do? Literally every game, movie, show, book... it doesn't matter what it is, nothing interests me in the slightest. It usually hits me for about a week every so often and it drives me crazy... a lot of times I use it as an opportunity to get chores done that I've been putting off, because if nothing is going to be fun then why not?
Sounds like every day of Therm's life.

Sounds like you want to play Borderlands 2.

But yeah I go through this too. I don't know know some of you (Gator) have multi month or even a year + trophy streaks. Sometimes for a few days or a week I just don't feel like playing anything.

I still put off the chores though.

And I should not have started playing plants vs zombies.

I was in the mood for something that wasn't too deep and I could pick up and play in short bursts, but for some reason tower defense games feel like such a complete waste of time to me. Nothing else in the backlog seemed to fit what I was looking for so I gave it a go... should have just stuck with rocket league.
I will say that pvz on vita is the definitive version as far as I'm concerned. I think it has every extra from any other mobile/console version, control options, looks awesome, and has trophies up to a plat. I'm glad that it's the version I played.

edit - but yeah, rocket league. I'm practicing flying now in public matches which I think irritates my teammates until I get a lucky aerial shot off or some silly floating block on the goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
good looking out therm, I totally forgot about gamescom.  I actually want to see the MS conference, I think they were supposed to show some rad stuff.

Right off the bat Phil Spencer says Microsoft is going to bring me the games I want on the platform I want to play on.

Gears of War and Rare Replay on PS4, confirmed!

While the effects are really very cool, I suspect all the time stuff in Quantum Break would get annoying after a while. The entire screen rippling and doing weird shit constantly is a bit much. Hard to tell how much of the game is like what we're seeing right now, though.

I don't care, quantum break looks cool.  I thought it'd be yet another 3rd person cover shooter and it probably is, but when they trotted out the time warping soldiers I was sold.  and the story seems like doofy sci fi fun.  I like it!

Right off the bat Phil Spencer says Microsoft is going to bring me the games I want on the platform I want to play on.

Gears of War and Rare Replay on PS4, confirmed!
YES!!!!!! PS4 Wins.

Sadly I am a Gears of War fanboy. I will likely buy a XBox One next year to play this and whatever other few exclusives PS4 doesn't get.

It does look good, though. Right now it's on the small list of XB1 exclusives I want to play. So far that list is under 5 games, though, so it'll be a while before I go for it.

The gameplay doesn't look like much so far, either. Not what I'd expect at all from a Platinum title and the main character reminds me of how much I disliked Delsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back