PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 2013 one would've been better for me except that I still feel the stinging slap of the things I bought prior to them hitting ps+. Rayman Origins, Galaga DX and RE: Chronicles are all awesome gets (and I suppose Ico if you're in to that sort of thing).
I think we should try to vote on what you think the best lineup is. Not if it was a better month for you due to not owning any of the games. I know that likely won't happen though.

Me either, and your vote is wrong.

Honestly, that was a really bad draw. That was probably 2 of the best months in the entire time span. I just think Rayman is the best game we ever got on Plus. I was shocked how much I loved Galaga Legions DX as well. I am going against the likely winner on this one.
Interesting. I couldn't get into Galaga even the slightest bit. Rayman is great of course, but Ico isn't my favorite. And then a PSP game seals the deal for me, I hated when we got PSP games.

Rayman isn't nearly enough to trump La Mulana, Xeodrifter, Teslagrad, and hopefully STFU though I haven't played it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GiantBomb video is pretty good. P4D looks a lot simpler than IA/VT. I do like that it seems a lot more character-focused than IA/VT which really doesn't seem to have that at all.

I voted for Sep. 2015 because I bought all of the Sep. 2013 games I would have wanted, plus (hah) I didn't join Plus until Dec. 2013. I also have had a lot of fun with this past month's Plus lineup, especially STFU.

Did you ever end up price adjusting your Saga bundle from Best Buy?
Jesus, what did I just say about follow up questions? Am I back in the main forum thread with all the dumdums?

But actually I didn't. I asked them about it, but I preordered and bought it in store and got the bundle and 3 figures with the buy 3 items, get 1 free deal. So the fact that it was part of a package deal kind of screwed it up. Also, they were trying to tell me that in store, the system won't let the do price adjustments after 15 days. Even though I'm elite plus, I'd need to do a return/rebuy any time it's between 15-45 days after purchase. That might screw up the $10 in points from preordering and the package would still be a problem. The more than 15 days thing is never a problem with adjusting online orders over the phone though. I think I might send a pm to one of the people who has helped me before on the unboxed forums and ask if I should just always order online from now on or what. And if he wants to help me get some money back on this, so be it...

The GiantBomb video is pretty good. P4D looks a lot simpler than IA/VT. I do like that it seems a lot more character-focused than IA/VT which really doesn't seem to have that at all.
I find it refreshing after platting IA/VT. It took a little while for me to get used to viewing the whole screen at once rather than focusing on one area like in previous rhythm games, but the music is good and I like the aesthetic.

Interesting. I couldn't get into Galaga even the slightest bit. Rayman is great of course, but Ico isn't my favorite. And then a PSP game seals the deal for me, I hated when we got PSP games.

Rayman isn't nearly enough to trump La Mulana, Xeodrifter, Teslagrad, and hopefully STFU though I haven't played it yet.
I liked Teslagrad and I think I would like La Mulana. The others have very little interest to me even though I know others seem to be all about Xeo and STFU. Grow Home was frustrating as hell, but I liked the game. Even that was not enough to trump those 2 for me regardless of PSP fodder or not.

I find it refreshing after platting IA/VT. It took a little while for me to get used to viewing the whole screen at once rather than focusing on one area like in previous rhythm games, but the music is good and I like seeing the aesthetic.
Are you speaking from videos or are you playing the game already?

Now I am wishing Zombie Vikings had won instead of Grow Home so all of you could have played that steaming turd.  You would have voted for the Rayman month then I bet.

Of course, what can I expect from a bunch of people who voted for Armello.  :)

They do call out something that bothers me and I mentioned earlier for IA/VT; the P4D inputs seem to be completely disconnected from both the song and the dancing, so pushing buttons seems to be completely unrelated to what's going on on the screen. Not sure why they did it that way.

You can vote using whatever justification you want, if you want to vote.
Oh I'm not looking for any justification to vote. I just haven't really played that many of the PS+ games due to not owning a PS4 or Vita. I suppose I could always get a pstv and try some of those vita games.

Now I am wishing Zombie Vikings had won instead of Grow Home so all of you could have played that steaming turd. You would have voted for the Rayman month then I bet.

Of course, what can I expect from a bunch of people who voted for Armello. :)
I have the plat for zombie vikings but not for rayman, so obviously it's a better game.

#9/154EVA

Pharm last night I picked up this TV for $528 after Samsclub PM.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-series-43-class-42-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/3733004.p?id=1219597974182&skuId=3733004

My old TV was a Vizio 37" E series and I had it for 6 years and still going strong. I'm going to pick up a SquareTrade warranty for if something happens in the future to my new tv. I need to pick up a wall mount now from Monoprice and get it set up by the weekend. I'll let you know what I think of the TV after I get to check out the features.

I see lots of people talk shit on Vizio but all electronics run into problems. If you go in knowing your not getting a $4000+ 4k TV for $550+ there shouldn't be an issue. The problem people are expecting all the high end features on a Vizio set. You get the most bang for dollar on a Vizio. I was looking at other brands but the TV I picked up should be just fine for my gaming and watching needs.
Cnet rated their bigger 4K TVs a top pick for this year for a budget 4K TV. Best bang for your buck is right. The smaller TVs are slightly different so may not be as good but the smaller size means you wont notice much difference anyway in pic quality. Good TV.

People dont realize that one brand doesnt make the best or worst TVs across their entire line. Some products are better than others within the same brand. Samsung may be the overall best TV brand right now but Ill take a Vizio at $500 (60 inch models) less any day.

Goddammit Tyler, you had one fuck in job.  ONE!   

I do not like this new poll.   First, my poll should have gone up before you started some October madness tourney.  Second, how the fuck do I know what came out on plus in 2013? 

2 plats for one game? Now that sounds like a glitch!
Xgl0B7h.png

This dumbass keeps going on about the story and how they are disjointed and how Drake and crew kill thousands of people on a whim.

Its a fuck ing video game! fuck. No one cares about a shooter video game story. It just needs to be action fluff so its fun.
I can't wait for the exact same thing to happen in uncharted 4, but gamespot will give it a 10.

Nothing in the mail today, so I am going to be playing some Minecraft PS3 in case anyone wants to join and promises not to try and steal all my diamonds.

This dumbass keeps going on about the story and how they are disjointed and how Drake and crew kill thousands of people on a whim.

Its a fuck ing video game! fuck. No one cares about a shooter video game story. It just needs to be action fluff so its fun.
True, but Uncharted is more than that. It's not just action fluff, it's character driven. By the time you've finished Uncharted 2 you've come to relate to Drake and Sully, and understand a bit of who they are.

U3 just takes that and pushes the reset button, giving us generic action guy and generic grumpy old man.

On a completely unrelated note, I picked up The Wolf Among Us (Vita) from my Target's clearance today. $9. Almost was tempted to get that Dungeon Hunters game as well, but I wouldn't pay over $5 for that. Ditto for the Ridge Racer game I saw.

True, but Uncharted is more than that. It's not just action fluff, it's character driven. By the time you've finished Uncharted 2 you've come to relate to Drake and Sully, and understand a bit of who they are.

U3 just takes that and pushes the reset button, giving us generic action guy and generic grumpy old man.
but its still just an Indiana Jones type story. It isn't to be taken super seriously. It isn't trying to be realistic. Just fun. It's more fun to play as a wise cracking smiling having a good time Indy character than some guy who kills people then mopes about it.

but its still just an Indiana Jones type story. It isn't to be taken super seriously. It isn't trying to be realistic. Just fun. It's more fun to play as a wise cracking smiling having a good time Indy character than some guy who kills people then mopes about it.
I agree with this post.

My #1 problem with tomb raider was that it played like uncharted but acted too seriously about it. That's what made the killing a billion dudes feel out of place - in a popcorn movie like uncharted he acts like it's just another part of the adventuring job. He also jump punches people in the face instead of essentially performing gory fatalities.

I was hopping around Arkham City last night and just randomly looked down at a crows nest on top of a beam and saw Scarecrow's mask. It was a pretty cool little moment. I didn't even know it was a RIddler challenge.

Is the Events screen super shitty on PS4 for everyone? I switched to games and it churned to a halt. Had to wait maybe 10 seconds for it to respond to button presses. Same with All. In the PS app it works fine, but not on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back