PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft revealed their worst XB1 bundle yet: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/30/microsoft-reveals-xbox-one-the-lego-movie-videogame-bundle

xbox-one-lego-bundle-720x278.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it my imagination or does the song quality in IA/VT drop as you get further in? I'm not enjoying the later tunes as much as I did the first set.

I'm also not really understanding how the notes work. They're not tied to the music. They seem like they're supposed to be tied to the vocals but they don't quite match there, either. 

[quote name="TopsideKracker" post="12945925" timestamp="1443633595"]Seriously what? That the head figure of the crazy ass catholic church found common ground with this crazy ass lady? I'm not getting the shock here...[/quote]

So much for this pope being cool.

Is it my imagination or does the song quality in IA/VT drop as you get further in? I'm not enjoying the later tunes as much as I did the first set.

I'm also not really understanding how the notes work. They're not tied to the music. They seem like they're supposed to be tied to the vocals but they don't quite match there, either.
I thought the notes matched the music a lot more on Hard. I also think the IA-less (i.e., where you can't change costumes) songs aren't as good, and I agree that a few of the later tunes didn't sound as enjoyable, but they aren't all that way ("Inner Arts" is probably among my favorites).

Hey Pharm I know you mentioned Vizio TV's and thought you should see the line called Vizio Reference. Comes in only 65" and 120" models HDR 4K UHD. I bet they will be pricey but definitely worth a look. They are only special order now but should be retail in the future I assume.

http://www.vizio.com/r-series

Hey Pharm I know you mentioned Vizio TV's and thought you should see the line called Vizio Reference. Comes in only 65" and 120" models HDR 4K UHD. I bet they will be pricey but definitely worth a look. They are only special order now but should be retail in the future I assume.

http://www.vizio.com/r-series
If there is one thing I like more than cereal talk, it may be TV talk.

I stole a spoon so I could eat my fav cereal. I may have to steal a remote so I can watch TV on one of these new sets.

What is the story behind the name wrencrest? I googled it and there are at least a couple Wrencrest Drives. One on CA has near million dollar homes on it.

So I didn't realize it, but Target updated their PM policy this month:

Starting Oct. 1, we’re updating Target’s Price Match Policy by expanding digitally, providing longer timeframes and matching additional competitors—so if you find a lower price, it’s now easier than ever to match it in our stores or at Target.com. Here’s a rundown of what’s new.

You can now price match Target.com products with competitors

Just like the policy in our stores, Target.com purchases are now eligible for price matching with competitors. So no matter how or where you like to shop, you can feel confident that you’re getting the best value.

The list of competitors we match just got a lot longer

We’ve expanded the list of online competitors we match (both in stores and Target.com) and added 24 more. We looked at which competitors are most important to our guests, and where there’s a lot of overlap with Target’s product assortment, and landed on the competitors that are most relevant for our guests. And for the first time, that list includes membership clubs like Costco and Sam’s Club.

Here’s the full list: Amazon.com, Babiesrus.com, BedBathBeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, BN.com, Buybuybaby.com, Costco.com, CVS.com, Diapers.com, DicksSportingGoods.com, Drugstore.com, Gamestop.com, JCPenney.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Macys.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Samsclub.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Ulta.com. Walgreens.com, Walmart.com and Wayfair.com.

You’ve got twice as many days to make a price adjustment on a product at Target

We’ve doubled the timeframe for a price adjustment to 14 days, both in stores and at Target.com. That means, if you see a lower price, you have two full weeks to come back for the adjustment. The timeframe for Target.com used to be seven days, or until the end of the following week’s ad for store purchases.
https://corporate.target.com/article/2015/09/price-match

Should be interesting to see how this works out now that Cartwheel is starting to be usable online as well.

What is the story behind the name wrencrest? I googled it and there are at least a couple Wrencrest Drives. One on CA has near million dollar homes on it.
Yeah thankfully thats a common street name. Unfortunately I dont live in that Cali hood. It is a neighborhood I lived in when I first got my PS3. I didnt want to be creative at the time/was in a rush/didnt care about a name. Also, I figured I would be able to change it at some point later without much hassle. Oh how young and naive I was! Well played Sony.

Anyway I actually like it for the most part since its unique and didnt need arbitrary numbers on the end. Like laundrymatt77 had to do cause some schmuck that played Playstation games for a day took his name.

Hey guys, I just realized that I my comment earlier may or may not spark some religious BS in here and I don't want that to happen. 

So far so good it seems, but I apologize to anyone that may have been offended by it... it wasn't necessary.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/649263646699331584

Did we notice this in with the PS+ blog post? This has been such a joke lol 

So I didn't realize it, but Target updated their PM policy this month:

https://corporate.target.com/article/2015/09/price-match

Should be interesting to see how this works out now that Cartwheel is starting to be usable online as well.
I wonder how you can price match Costco? That would've been helpful when they were selling a bunch of vidya game stuff on the cheap. Don't you have to use a specific club when looking up prices online?

I also had no idea they did post purchase matching.

How long does it take GF to ship new releases stuff out? I've got P4D in my queue but it hasn't given me a shipping notice and is listed as Low Availability. Trying to figure out if they're just being slow or if they didn't have enough copies for everybody.

Yeah thankfully thats a common street name. Unfortunately I dont live in that Cali hood. It is a neighborhood I lived in when I first got my PS3. I didnt want to be creative at the time/was in a rush/didnt care about a name. Also, I figured I would be able to change it at some point later without much hassle. Oh how young and naive I was! Well played Sony.

Anyway I actually like it for the most part since its unique and didnt need arbitrary numbers on the end. Like laundrymatt77 had to do cause some schmuck that played Playstation games for a day took his name.
Common street name for a #common trophy whore.

So next week at target there's a deal for getting 25% off any game when you pick up a $1 reservation card.  Things of note releasing next week:

- transformers devastation

- disgaea 5

- rock band 4

- dragon age inquisition goty

- uncharted collection (although this is listed as excluded, you never know)

it's no bby half off glitch (bastards) but something to keep in mind if you were planning on picking any of these up.  25% off + 5% redcard > 20% gcu unless you hate spending actual money.  there's also pricematching or clearance + the deal if you're a baller.

I feel I missed a joke/reference here. I'm lame confirmed.
I didn't get Topside's reference but my comment is from the first Austin Powers movie.

And I knew it was in like flynn, but in like flint sounds cooler.

"Ghetto's Errol Flynn, hot like heroin"

Pre-ordered Syndicate because all signs point to it being much better, and the lack of multiplayer made me want it even more!  Haven't been excited for an assassin's game since the original.  Hopefully it comes through.

So next week at target there's a deal for getting 25% off any game when you pick up a $1 reservation card. Things of note releasing next week:

- disgaea 5

- rock band 4

it's no bby half off glitch (bastards) but something to keep in mind if you were planning on picking any of these up. 25% off + 5% redcard > 20% gcu unless you hate spending actual money. there's also pricematching or clearance + the deal if you're a baller.
Thanks I'll have to cancel my BBY preorder.

So next week at target there's a deal for getting 25% off any game when you pick up a $1 reservation card. Things of note releasing next week:

- disgaea 5

- rock band 4

it's no bby half off glitch (bastards) but something to keep in mind if you were planning on picking any of these up. 25% off + 5% redcard > 20% gcu unless you hate spending actual money. there's also pricematching or clearance + the deal if you're a baller.
Thanks, good to know. This will make me slightly more likely to bite on Transformers. I never watched the show as a kid (not sure why as I'm the right age.. must've just not come on the channels I watched) and I think the movies suck, but it's Platinum and gameplay videos look pretty fun.

I wonder how feasible it will be to walk in off the street and buy the full Rock Band band set. I have it preordered at Best Buy already, but I'd be happy to save another $25.

This is weird. Twisted Pixel is once again an independent studio after separating from Microsoft.

"This transition has been in the works for a few months, with both parties working together to lay the groundwork for us to spin out and become independent again. We’re looking forward to the new relationships and platforms this will open up to us and continuing our strong partnership with Microsoft on future titles for their platforms.”
The whole thing is just so weird. Between 2009-2011 Twisted Pixel churned out 5 games for Xbox, most of them rather good. Splosion Man and its sequel were great, Comic Jumper was pretty good, and a lot of people enjoyed Gunstringer though I never played it.

A month after Gunstringer was released, it was announced that Twisted Pixel had become part of Microsoft Studios. Over the last four years they've released ONE game, by far their worst game, LocoCycle. Now they're splitting from Microsoft two years after releasing LocoCycle, not even having announced their next game.

Strange to me how they were able to put out 5 games in 2.5 years but since they partnered with Microsoft they've released one game in four years. You'd think with Microsoft backing it would help them work on games even quicker.

Regardless of whatever the fuck happened between TP and MS, I'm happy to hear their indie again. Maybe they'll make some PS4 games in the future.

- disgaea 5

- rock band 4

Wonder if that works on the full band sets for RB4. Though Target probably won't carry those in store. But it would be sweet if it did in my pretend world where I have a PS4 and money.

I've had PS Plus since the beginning. And I think I can say without hyperbole, that this is the worst month ever. Even in the beginning when we got things like Sega Genesis classics for free, we were happy with those because we didn't know any better.

But giving Vita owners Kung Fu Rabbit and Kickbeat? Things that were just on sale for under a dollar each.

Getting the ps4 titles for vita is a small consolation, but not enough to offset the other slap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back