PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go in to your uploads (you can get to it from notifications), hit options on each one, and delete them one by one and it'll start working again. there's a secret maximum upload limit and if you have too many things fail for whatever reason it jams up the queue so nothing uploads.
Thanks, ill try that.

Oh man, this RollingSkull guy in the main forum complaining about MGS V despite putting 80+ hours into it...I can see why a lot of you stay put here.
THAT is what made you finally realize why a lot of us just stay here? While admittedly odd, I can see someone not liking the game but wanting to finish it if they believe it is the last one they are going to get.

THAT is what made you finally realize why a lot of us just stay here? While admittedly odd, I can see someone not liking the game but wanting to finish it if they believe it is the last one they are going to get.
No, I've known for a while why most of you stay here, but I remember Tyler mentioning that CAG a while back.

Article on indie game sales from Capy Games and a couple others:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/28/capy-games-nathan-vella-shares-surprising-facts-about-the-state-of-indie-games/

indie-game-results-774x600.jpg
I wonder if the PC/Mac totals for Broken Age included all the Kickstarter backers, because as I recall there was no option for another platform during the kickstarter. I backed and I have yet to even launch it. I'm so lame.

Gamestop is having another boosted-TIV promo starting 10/2:

There's nothing really of note other than Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection having a $12.50 TIV and also being part of the 4-for-$20. :lol:
good looking out, thanks. rdr goty and injustice have both been $6 at my targets en masse so I might build up my gs coffers a bit more.

I wonder if the PC/Mac totals for Broken Age included all the Kickstarter backers, because as I recall there was no option for another platform during the kickstarter. I backed and I have yet to even launch it. I'm so lame.
Instead of calling yourself lame, you should be high fiving yourself for such a good decision.

after you slapped yourself for backing it

Last edited by a moderator:
There's pretty much nothing in next week's Best Buy ad: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/349444-best-buy-ad-103-109/

Video Games

• Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash :3ds: - $29.99 (Available Friday)
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection :ps4: - $59.99 (Available Friday)
  • Just Dance 2015 :wiiu: - $19.99
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity :ps4: :xb1: - $19.99
  • Toy Soldiers War Chest :ps4: :xb1: - $19.99
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection :ps4: :xb1: - $39.99
  • Payday 2: Crimewave Edition :ps4: :xb1: - $39.99

Assorted Deals

• Afterglow AG7 True Wireless Stereo Gaming Headset (Black) :xb1: - $79.99
  • Forza 6 Car Pass :xb1: - $24.99
  • Save 50% on 3 months of Xbox Live with any Xbox console purchase
  • Free NBA 2K16 with purchase of an Xbox One console
  • Get a free Dual Charging Stand when you purchase the Halo 5: Guardians Special Edition Controller and the Master Chief Edition Controller

Wow it looks like you can send playstation emoticons now on messaging.  The PS4 has clearly become the superior messaging system.  Why do I even have a phone anymore?

I thought the update was coming out today. I didn't fire up the PS4 last night. What is in these "Communities"? Is it a message board or what? Typing messages with the controller sounds like a real drag.

Wow it looks like you can send playstation emoticons now on messaging. The PS4 has clearly become the superior messaging system. Why do I even have a phone anymore?
Did you send me an emoticon? I see your message on the app but it just says "Elpsycongroo sent a sticker". I dont see an emoticon or picture of anything on the app message.

Did you send me an emoticon? I see your message on the app but it just says "Elpsycongroo sent a sticker". I dont see an emoticon or picture of anything on the app message.
The app will hopefully get an update soon. If they add these communities to it, that would make typing messages (aside from emoticons) more reasonable.

Tech nerds:

How can Shareplay say I have a slow connection speed when my PS4 is hardwired to FIOS 50/50?  The router is in the same room so the cable isnt extra long.  I did a speed test using a phone app that said my wifi was 40 something up and 33 down.  Is that just good old PSN slowness taking effect?

Tried to shareplay with Pancakes and we kept breaking up in the party chat and the connection to shareplay was lost pretty quickly.

I didnt get a message via the playstation app. Did you invite me? Just curious cause if you did I would have liked to see a message from the app like all other PSN messages.
Another friend told me over IM he added me to a Community this morning and I didn't get a message for that or for the one I assume I am in that Pitfall made. Based on that, I assume it is just not tied into the app yet.

I would hope once you accept being in the group that you get the messages on the app at least.

Tech nerds:

How can Shareplay say I have a slow connection speed when my PS4 is hardwired to FIOS 50/50? The router is in the same room so the cable isnt extra long. I did a speed test using a phone app that said my wifi was 40 something up and 33 down. Is that just good old PSN slowness taking effect?

Tried to shareplay with Pancakes and we kept breaking up in the party chat and the connection to shareplay was lost pretty quickly.
Pure transfer speed isn't everything in real time apps like that. If you have high latency, jitter, or even intermittent packet loss it can cause real issues.

It could also be on his end.

Pure transfer speed isn't everything in real time apps like that. If you have high latency, jitter, or even intermittent packet loss it can cause real issues.

It could also be on his end.
It said I was slow before even inviting him so it was at least partly my issue although he has issues too I am sure. How the hell do I know if I have jitter, latency etc? Does it pay to have higher speed then? Maybe I am wasting money and should downgrade to 25 or less?

Are you sure you don't mean Therm? I don't use emoticons nearly as much as I used to.
No, I wouldn't know what Therm uses or doesn't. You are right about your emoticon use. The sticker thing is more like gifs than emoticons so that is what I was really talking about. You are the king of the picture response.

Yeah I was reading the unread messages when I saw that emoticon button and wanted to see what it did.

Turns out it is really less of an emoticon and more of a giant ass sticker.

It said I was slow before even inviting him so it was at least partly my issue although he has issues too I am sure. How the hell do I know if I have jitter, latency etc? Does it pay to have higher speed then? Maybe I am wasting money and should downgrade to 25 or less?
if you can save money and aren't streaming a hundred shows at once bandwidth isn't that big of a deal so go for the downgrade. gator's certainly right, the quality of connection (latency aka ping, type of connection, etc) matters a lot. I have fiber to my house and they've scaled my bandwidth from 100mb down to 15mb up to 50mb and I've never noticed a difference in actual function other than at 15mbps things slow down if I'm watching netflix on two tvs at once.

edit - and since it runs the connection test against sony servers, sony slowness will affect the test, but not the shareplay service. so it might say your connection is slow because it's Tue/Wed when sony usually gets hammered, but the actual shareplay experience might've sucked because of pancakes's fisher-price internet connection.

Your data speed cap is not really going to play into those things. It gets more into network engineering and how the upstream scheduler is designed if it is a shared system like I think FiOS is.

You are only wasting money if you are always using services that would never send the data to you faster than the lower speeds allow.

it did look like communities have the ability to setup 'gaming sessions' a la psnp/tt.  I didn't try it this morning but that might be kind of neat.  seems you can also tag your party chat to a community so that community members that aren't your friends can still see it or join or something.

I also tried out the youtube broadcasting this morning.  ultimately it's not that exciting, but the viewer end of it on mobile is vastly superior to twitch in every possible way (at least for my preferences).  It also auto-archives for better or worse (while I was testing I was farming affection levels in oq):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyGCcC7qK3g

No, I've known for a while why most of you stay here, but I remember Tyler mentioning that CAG a while back.
Rollingskull always likes to shit on things with the feigned superiority of his personal taste. His tag line is the most accurate assessment he's made as he regularly lacks decisive evidence.

That's one metal bird.
skarmory.jpg

With youtube streaming, is there a way for the viewers to interact with you? I have never watched a stream on youtube live that I remember.
yep, it functions identically to twitch in that regard although with less kappas and dumbass icons. it really seems like a solid service, I guess we'll see if people jump ship and use it. one thing I think is missing is the 'following' concept - you can follow someone on youtube but I don't think you can get quasi-realtime notifications when they start streaming. but I'm not sure.

With youtube streaming, is there a way for the viewers to interact with you? I have never watched a stream on youtube live that I remember.
I saw one a week or so ago where comments were on the right side of the screen Twitch-style, but it wasn't the kind of stream where the uploader asked for input or suggestions on anything.

Apparently Facebook allows its users to steal Youtube and other video hosting sites content to post to Facebook.  Facebook then gets the ad revenue from their own ads running against them.  And since Facebook is so huge a lot of good videos are seen millions of times and the only one profiting is Facebook.  Not the content creator. 

In other words.  fuck Facebook.

Apparently Facebook allows its users to steal Youtube and other video hosting sites content to post to Facebook. Facebook then gets the ad revenue from their own ads running against them. And since Facebook is so huge a lot of good videos are seen millions of times and the only one profiting is Facebook. Not the content creator.

In other words. fuck Facebook.
Everyone already knew this gramps.

Oh yeah and the lag between real-time and the stream seems massive. I don't know what it is on twitch, but I think it was around 40-50s when I was playing with it this morning.

To come full circle on the speed conversation, the higher speed cap will give you a higher perception of quality when there are other network impairments (latency, jitter, packet loss, etc).  That is because transmissions (specifically re-transmissions) will get there quicker.  

Nerd free version:  A fast shitty connection is less shitty than a slow shitty connection

I keep a job because I know how to work on applications that have to appear flawless when they are running on inherently flawed networks.  There are a lot of tricks you can use (jitter buffers, packet redundancy, etc) to give a better perception of quality.

Nerd free version: I am a nerd.

after tyler posted that picture of his house (and gator said that his bushes looked like ass) I looked mine up on street view.  now I feel like I have a lot of work I need to do this weekend.  thanks assholes!

after tyler posted that picture of his house (and gator said that his bushes looked like ass) I looked mine up on street view. now I feel like I have a lot of work I need to do this weekend. thanks assholes!
Just due to the wording above I feel the need to point out that I have never seen Tyler's bush(es).

I always think people in this thread are the worst,
It's ok Tyler we all universally think you are the worst as well. :whistle2:

I played some more Heroes of Loot last night, had a great run going and basically walked into a minatour. That was fun. I got 3205 enemies killed. Definitely think 5000 is doable. Addicting little game.

Sounds like the Plus announcement should be coming in like 15 mins.

https://twitter.com/FredDutton/status/649231478505779201

Funny, that tweet is responding to the exact same type of comment I was criticizing yesterday "why is the announcement delayed?" when it isn't delayed at all. World is full of morons.

So I am seeing there is a new Vita FW out today too.  I am sure Sony will act like it is changes to go along with PS4 3.0, but my guess is they closed that email app exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back