PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about picking up the Corpse Party games, assuming I'll get a Vita or PSTV in the next couple months. I don't think I've seem them go on sale much so this is probably the right time to get them.

I can't believe all the Sly hate in here!

I played through the entire series with my son, but after finishing it I can say that even if he didn't like the games that I would have enjoyed playing through them by myself. Yeah, it's aimed at kids and a bit goofy but I thought it was a welcome change of pace from the games I usually play. I hope that we see another Sly game sometime soon; maybe with the movie in the works we'll see a tie-in.
I played through and platted the first three Sly games and enjoyed them all, also. I do agree with Pharm that the camera could get aggrevating at times. I seem to remember it annoying me during some of the timed challenges, but all-in-all the trophies were really easy to get. I should play Thieves in Time at some point to finish off the series. Right now I keep going back to MW3 to finish it off when not playing Destiny; not sure why. Anyone in here still need any of the Spec Ops trophies from that one?

All the cereal talk reminds me I need to check the stores, because this is the time of year one of my all time favorites shows up:

Count-Chocula-Box-Small.jpg

How w the fuck did you guys solo geometry wars co op? I can't get close even with the other guy rubber banded.

Anyone want to play co op? We would have to share play on each systme so we would have to run through the ten levels twice. But it shouldn't take long as levels are short.

Cro maybe? We still need to play resogun once I get the dlc too. I will get it after the holidays if it isn't on sale before. I am hoping they have a holiday sale or something.
It'd be a while before I'm able since I need to hit X a trillion times for the oq plat, but if you can't find anyone I'm down.

Edit - I thought the ps4 one couldn't be done solo without insane amounts of luck/skill. The vita version was inexplicably easier in that regard. Did anyone actually pull that off?

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be a while before I'm able since I need to hit X a trillion times for the oq plat, but if you can't find anyone I'm down.

Edit - I thought the ps4 one couldn't be done solo without insane amounts of luck/skill. The vita version was inexplicably easier in that regard. Did anyone actually pull that off?
Didn't you solo it yourself?

Wren I'm down to help whenever but my connection isn't very good so not sure how much help I'll be.

To celebrate calories in beer I went and bought some tank 7 and a bottle of Vitus for tonight.
Went to a KBBQ place after work and ordered a few different Korean beers. I'm sad that all our beers taste like shit. Or maybe they do taste good on the GatorBeerGeek rating.

I'm thinking about picking up the Corpse Party games, assuming I'll get a Vita or PSTV in the next couple months. I don't think I've seem them go on sale much so this is probably the right time to get them.
They've gone on sale for $9-10 the last two Halloween sales and the 2 pack was on sale for $20 the summer of 2014. They are probably just putting them on sale earlier this year since Corpse Party 3 comes out a couple weeks before Halloween. There is always a slight chance they may be slightly cheaper for the annual Sale of the Dead, but it probably won't be by much. Still haven't gotten to either one of them yet, maybe I will for October.

Didn't you solo it yourself?

Wren I'm down to help whenever but my connection isn't very good so not sure how much help I'll be.
I did 6 or 7 of them solo, but I couldn't do it all. I think I literally couldn't get enough damage on the boss no matter what I did. Remember all of the good times we had trying to get share play to work for more than 5 minutes?

And the gold ds3 clearance dream is dead for me. I skip work for one day and that's the day they drop at the target by my work. I feel like there's a lesson in there somewhere.

I did 6 or 7 of them solo, but I couldn't do it all. I think I literally couldn't get enough damage on the boss no matter what I did. Remember all of the good times we had trying to get share play to work for more than 5 minutes?

And the gold ds3 clearance dream is dead for me. I skip work for one day and that's the day they drop at the target by my work. I feel like there's a lesson in there somewhere.
Well yeah but I'd count that as a solo too since I'm pretty sure I died at the boss midway.

That dedication on that king level was insane. I would have just gave up after 50 tries trying it solo.

I played through and platted the first three Sly games and enjoyed them all, also. I do agree with Pharm that the camera could get aggrevating at times. I seem to remember it annoying me during some of the timed challenges, but all-in-all the trophies were really easy to get. I should play Thieves in Time at some point to finish off the series. Right now I keep going back to MW3 to finish it off when not playing Destiny; not sure why. Anyone in here still need any of the Spec Ops trophies from that one?

I'd be down for some mw3 spec ops sometime!

It was on the Blogcast but I don't recall seeing it on the The Drop post, and it's definitely not on The Drop post now. Probably got delayed, so did Onigiri.
Someone on the blogcast comment section said it was coming next month.

Good info! But please give more info arbout Marvel Puzzle Quest, coming next month. It’s one of the besto touch based portable games and you say it only come out in ps3/ps4 and not in vita. I play it a lot in my phone and would love to play it in my vita. Please give more info

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/29/opinion-activisions-black-ops-3-publicity-stunt-is-irresponsible?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The cod twitter account apparently changed branding at some point today to be a fake aggregate news site in order to live-tweet a fake terrorist attack based on blops3. Dumb shit.

Kinda surprised I hadn't read anything about it until now. Seems like the kinda thing regular news media would pick up on and pull at least one talking head for a half hour segment.
I don't think I've ever seen an opinion piece on IGN. I love that the very first one I see features the extremely brave opinion of "tweeting a fake terrorist attack is bad"

Halo 5: Guardians Hot Pockets Promotion
OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. How to Receive Offer: Purchase specially-marked 12-pack packages of Hot Pockets and

locate the code inside the package ("Package Code"). Then visit

http://www.halo5hotpocketspromotion.com (the "Website") and complete and submit the

registration form, including your Package Code. You will receive an Xbox Live code for Halo 5:

Guardians Promotional Requisition [REQ] Points (“Xbox Live Code”) via email. Follow the

directions in the email to redeem your Xbox Live Code. Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1)

Package Code per day, up to a total of fifteen (15) Package Codes and fifteen (15) Xbox Live

Codes per person during the promotion period, while supplies last. Package Codes expire on

April 30, 2016. Xbox Live Gold required (sold separately). Online multiplayer only. REQ Points

good for Halo 5: Guardians game only. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same

email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Package

Codes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any

other method, will void that participant's Package Codes and that participant may be disqualified.

Sponsor not responsible for lost or stolen Package Codes or Xbox Codes or for

telecommunications, electronic, computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions,

or other errors, failures or delays of any kind in computer transmissions or network connections

that are human or technical in nature and may limit participation in this offer and/or use of the

Website.
So that's 160 Hot Pockets for whatever those codes do.

HEY MA, MORE HOT POCKETS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ust_Er_oX5A

I always think people in this thread are the worst, until I venture out to other PlayStation forums where I quickly realize that you guys are basically the smartest PlayStation fans on the internet.

Some of the top comments from a reddit thread about Fred Dutton saying the PS+ announcement should be coming tomorrow (the tweet that Vig posted earlier):

I never get why its so hard to announce games, surely its sorted months in advance, I wouldn't hold my breath for tomorrow either.
This is the by far most upvoted comment. What? Who is saying its hard to announce the games? They announce the games the week before they're released, and that timeline has basically only been missed once in recent memory.

The last time the announcement was delayed like this was March. That month we got Oddworld, Valiant Hearts, Papo & Yo, Sherlock Holmes, OlliOlli2, and CounterSpy. It was a solid month, so I'm excited to see what they announce tomorrow (tentatively).
ITS NOT DELAYED! AT ALL! There's still a week before we get them, and we've had Plus announcements on Weds and Thurs regularly in the past. Really hard for Sony to meet expectations when they're not based on previous precedent.

/pointlesswhining

I don't think I've ever seen an opinion piece on IGN. I love that the very first one I see features the extremely brave opinion of "tweeting a fake terrorist attack is bad"
Yeah, it's a really shitty attempt at viral marketing. I had to laugh reading one of the comments in the latest issue of Game Informer (Dark Souls 3 cover) where some guy was PO'd that Rainbow Six Siege and Star Wars Battlefront were multiplayer driven and mentioned that at least COD always has a dedicated campaign. He must have blown his stack if he found out the last gen consoles won't.

I normally go in with low expectations for the Games With Gold announcements but this month was particularly shitty. They gave out MGS GZ for XB1 recently and now it's one of the GWG 360 titles for October. The other titles for October are TWD season 1 for both consoles and Valiant Hearts for XB1. I own all of those except MGS GZ for 360 which I doubt I'll play. If Valiant Hearts is available for 360 I'll expect it as a GWG soon.

This reminds me of how awesome CrossBuy is on PSN. People would be even more pissed off if Sony did that shit. One month let's give away Limbo for PS3 then another month give it for PS4 and then Vita the following month. That would be the worst!

I normally go in with low expectations for the Games With Gold announcements but this month was particularly shitty. They gave out MGS GZ for XB1 recently and now it's one of the GWG 360 titles for October. The other titles for October are TWD season 1 for both consoles and Valiant Hearts for XB1. I own all of those except MGS GZ for 360 which I doubt I'll play. If Valiant Hearts is available for 360 I'll expect it as a GWG soon.

This reminds me of how awesome CrossBuy is on PSN. People would be even more pissed off if Sony did that shit. One month let's give away Limbo for PS3 then another month give it for PS4 and then Vita the following month. That would be the worst!
Valiants Hearts is on 360. Lol you'll definitely be getting it by year end.

Valiants Hearts is on 360. Lol you'll definitely be getting it by year end.
I thought so. I don't mind playing it again since it's short, I enjoyed it, and the achievements were easy. Not really a slap since I bought it on XB1 at launch and beat it almost immediately. I need to play it on PS4 too.

Article on indie game sales from Capy Games and a couple others:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/28/capy-games-nathan-vella-shares-surprising-facts-about-the-state-of-indie-games/

indie-game-results-774x600.jpg

Toronto-based Capy Games’ Sword & Sworcery got 50 percent of its revenues from iOS, 25 percent from Steam, 20 percent from other platforms, and 5 percent from Android. Another Capy Games title, Super Time Force Ultra, had 44 percent of revenue come from Xbox, 37 per cent from Sony, and the rest from Steam. Even the small Android figure played a role in helping the Sword & Sworcery game spread far and wide, Vella said.

Derrick Rose is injured again. In the very first practice. Unbelievable. He got hit in the face and needs orbital bone surgery! Epitome of injury prone.

Gamestop is having another boosted-TIV promo starting 10/2:

Sorry about the wait. Employess get early access today, 9/30. Promotion officially starts 10/2. If it's like the last 2 "Most Wanted Titles" trade promo, then these should be the base values (before PUR Pro 10% boost). I can't remember the end date, but I think it's good until 10/4.

attachicon.gif
Image.jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (2).jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (3).jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (4).jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (5).jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (6).jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (7).jpg

attachicon.gif
Image (8).jpg
There's nothing really of note other than Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection having a $12.50 TIV and also being part of the 4-for-$20. :lol:

No mention of the increased cloud storage in the update notes, but it did indeed increase to 10... it's nice when an update contains something that you actually wanted.

No mention of the increased cloud storage in the update notes, but it did indeed increase to 10... it's nice when an update contains something that you actually wanted.
Ive been in the 3.0 beta and had the new 10gb. I had previously hit the upload limit for game saves and even after this bump the automatic upload of saves still doesnt work for me, it is definitely turned out and works if I make them manually upload, just doesnt do the auto thing like it should on ps4.

PS3 still seems to work just fine though, still get notification when turning it on that stuff uploaded to storage.

No idea what the issue is, not a huge problem really, but annoying.

Ive been in the 3.0 beta and had the new 10gb. I had previously hit the upload limit for game saves and even after this bump the automatic upload of saves still doesnt work for me, it is definitely turned out and works if I make them manually upload, just doesnt do the auto thing like it should on ps4.

PS3 still seems to work just fine though, still get notification when turning it on that stuff uploaded to storage.

No idea what the issue is, not a huge problem really, but annoying.
Go in to your uploads (you can get to it from notifications), hit options on each one, and delete them one by one and it'll start working again. there's a secret maximum upload limit and if you have too many things fail for whatever reason it jams up the queue so nothing uploads.

Oh man, this RollingSkull guy in the main forum complaining about MGS V despite putting 80+ hours into it...I can see why a lot of you stay put here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back