PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

You can hit a button (X/Cross?) during the walking "stages" to make your character automatically walk so you don't have to worry about the disorienting angles.
I'm wondering if at least one of the trophies is missable if you do that though - there's one for visiting someone after the second boss fight in your old cell and I'm not clear on whether or not you have to walk a different path than the automatic one or not.

I'm wondering if at least one of the trophies is missable if you do that though - there's one for visiting someone after the second boss fight in your old cell and I'm not clear on whether or not you have to walk a different path than the automatic one or not.
Yeah, it sounds like activating the auto-walk would prevent you from at least getting that trophy, so just don't push the button before then.

mercy bump
1cfc60ca78c14aef9c3be0fc00afc7b0.jpg

Tharsis was super fun and difficult. The final level threw a spin at me and I didn't think i was gonna make it out alive. Awesome game but difficult like oregon trail/ironclad, whereas once you finally beat it you will hardly go back to it :) Damn those bloody dice tho

The first time I beat it I got the whole crew to mars alive and didn't even have to eat any humans

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished 100%ing the Castlevania DLC, the 2nd piece was basically 1 long boss battle broken up by a tedious climbing section and shitty platforming section. The actual boss fight was quite good though and pushed me to the limit trying to beat it on Paladin (very hard). The boss is about 5 times taller than you and the weak points on his body appear higher and higher as the fight progresses so you can't spin to win with the ultimate light magic move,

gJW0Xj.gif

you have to do air combos.

Mild & Therm, I agree about the third Furi boss--of the five I was able to defeat tonight, he was the most annoying/difficult. This is going to be one heck of a plat to try for.

FIFA 09 is a fine game, but I'm straight trophy whoring at this point. Some sweet rares and an ultra rare for winning a match in all 50some stadiums. The manager mode is OK, but I'm guessing the newer versions of the game feature a much more advanced and complete experience.

Started playing Atelier Rorona Plus to make sure I like the games well enough to justify buying Atelier Ayesha while it's on sale. Played through the first assignment so far. Rorona is rather fun and so far the deadline stuff seems very easy--I was expecting more of a pain from comments in here. 

Kind of frustrating to see that there are no good trophy guides for the game, though. 

Started playing Atelier Rorona Plus to make sure I like the games well enough to justify buying Atelier Ayesha while it's on sale. Played through the first assignment so far. Rorona is rather fun and so far the deadline stuff seems very easy--I was expecting more of a pain from comments in here.

Kind of frustrating to see that there are no good trophy guides for the game, though.
I don't remember which one I played. The deadline stuff is easy at first, but it has a cummulative effect and determines which ending you get and how far into the game you are able to play. The time constraints limit what you really want to do, which is play the game, collect items and synthesize new stuff.

I don't remember which one I played. The deadline stuff is easy at first, but it has a cummulative effect and determines which ending you get and how far into the game you are able to play. The time constraints limit what you really want to do, which is play the game, collect items and synthesize new stuff.
According to your trophy card you played Totori and Meruru.

The reason I said there are no good guides is because each character has different things you have to do to unlock their ending and there's not an overall, time-based guide for that--just a bunch of individual guides for each character, plus a bunch of other random missables. So you have to switch back and forth a lot. The pst.org guide also seems to have been at least partially copy/pasted from the original version of Rorona; in the original version to get the good ending you had to have an assignment score under 94. The Plus guide contains a reference to that, but looking online it seems as though there is no such requirement in the Plus version, and that instead you just choose the ending at the end of the game and it plays even if you have a higher assignment score. Hopefully that's the case, anyway--hard to tell with the conflicting information going on.

I'm enjoying it so far, though.

Some guy spent $13,000 during the summer sale to get to the highest Steam level possible.

Suddenly my $400 hoodies don't seem so bad.

According to your trophy card you played Totori and Meruru.

The reason I said there are no good guides is because each character has different things you have to do to unlock their ending and there's not an overall, time-based guide for that--just a bunch of individual guides for each character, plus a bunch of other random missables. So you have to switch back and forth a lot. The pst.org guide also seems to have been at least partially copy/pasted from the original version of Rorona; in the original version to get the good ending you had to have an assignment score under 94. The Plus guide contains a reference to that, but looking online it seems as though there is no such requirement in the Plus version, and that instead you just choose the ending at the end of the game and it plays even if you have a higher assignment score. Hopefully that's the case, anyway--hard to tell with the conflicting information going on.

I'm enjoying it so far, though.
All I played was Meruru. (and some of the earlier games on the ps2.)

I enjoyed it, but I remember at least in Meruru, like I said there's a time requirment where if you don't have certain tasks done by a certain event (and needing to rest/heal or being defeated by a boss uses up time) the game just goes to the bad ending and you're done.

The Atelier games are easy as fuck, who the hell said they were hard?
People have complained in here multiple times about the time limitations. I can't recall who. I was expecting it to be really strict but Rorona looks to be pretty easy so far (though I'm only in assignment 2 right now so maybe later assignments are more demanding.)

I don't think anybody said the game was hard, though.

I tried that PSVR thing today. There was no line! It is cool but left me a little queasy. Nothing terrible, but there. However my oldest had no ill effects and played it again. We both played Eve Valkyrie and then he played Battlezone. He thought it was awesome, especially Battlezone.

It does work perfectly with glasses and was comfortable.

The Atelier games are easy as fuck, who the hell said they were hard?
They're not hard, they just require a different style of playing. Instead of getting a game over when being defeated you go back to town to rest which advances the game clock, do this enough times and you're locked out of a good ending or playing the full game.

You have to re-learn the idea of loading and save-scumming.

They're not hard, they just require a different style of playing. Instead of getting a game over when being defeated you go back to town to rest which advances the game clock, do this enough times and you're locked out of a good ending or playing the full game.

You have to re-learn the idea of loading and save-scumming.
Stotch would play a puzzle game with a guide and then declare it was easy.

Got a fuckin flat tire right before I was going to leave on vacation so now I'm going to miss a day. The warranty I paid out the ass for better cover it.

Thanks, Tyler, for suggesting using Wet Wipes to clean my Kidrobot figures that I bought on eBay. I can tell the guy lied about just checking who they were and putting them back in the box, but being able to disinfect them made me feel better about it. Also can't complain about 8 figures for $50.

Added Herman, Lenny, Carl, Groundskeeper Willie, Sideshow Mel, the Sea Captain, Otto, and Dr. Nick to the collection.

Thanks, Tyler, for suggesting using Wet Wipes to clean my Kidrobot figures that I bought on eBay. I can tell the guy lied about just checking who they were and putting them back in the box, but being able to disinfect them made me feel better about it. Also can't complain about 8 figures for $50.

Added Herman, Lenny, Carl, Groundskeeper Willie, Sideshow Mel, the Sea Captain, Otto, and Dr. Nick to the collection.
Yeah it's really easy to go over them (or anything used) with one of those. I do it with most used things I buy. Not the biggest germ phobe but makes everything feel a bit nicer to me when I do.

alright so when are you wanglords going to be ready to take a run at alienation hardcore mode.  I've almost got my first character to 30 so I'll be looking to start another soonish.

The first review I've seen for Energy Hook: http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/energy_hook

3/10

A blend of Spider-Man and Tony Hawk, Energy Hook is the kind of old-school Activision-inspired outing that any millennial should be able to enjoy. Unfortunately, the execution's just not there, and cumbersome controls coupled with some real lousy presentation mean that this is a swing and a miss we're sad to say.
Ouch.

bread's done
Back