PSP Go thread-

Just like to point out that Amazon.com recently (not sure when) allowed for Release Date Delivery as an option for the PSP Go. I assume it works for both models but I only ordered the Black model.

I preordered with the $75 for $75 coupon, and that was a while ago now. But it didn't have that option then--a nice deal for those who are excited for their new gear. (I don't own a PSP at all yet, so getting it 4 or 5 days earlier is a big deal to me, haha) 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime was supposed to get it to me 10/6, because the 1st is a Thursday. But with Amazon Prime Release Date Delivery is also free, so enjoy to those who have it!!!

[quote name='J7.']I don't know. I was always told rechargeables need to run out before you charge them because if you don't the battery basically gets confused and begins to think it only has a smaller capacity. But yes it depends on the type and I haven't heard how the new types differ.[/QUOTE]

Actually it is worst to drain Litium Ion batteries. For NiCd batteries do have to drain them first.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/do-you-drain-your-battery-before-charging-91333/

I'm surprised we don't have more details on the "goodwill" program yet. The system comes out in 3 weeks!

Maybe some news will come out of PAX this weekend?

I didn't notice they made Release Date Delivery available for the PSPGo. They usually just upgrade my order whenever the option is available.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm surprised we don't have more details on the "goodwill" program yet. The system comes out in 3 weeks!

Maybe some news will come out of PAX this weekend?[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's getting a little ridiculous. If they dont say anything soon, I'm going to prob wait on getting a GO.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm surprised we don't have more details on the "goodwill" program yet. The system comes out in 3 weeks![/QUOTE]

Wholly crap -- I didn't realize the release was so soon!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, it's getting a little ridiculous. If they dont say anything soon, I'm going to prob wait on getting a GO.[/QUOTE]

Yea, to be quite honest, I wish I could wait on it, but I don't own a PSP at all and definitely want a system on which I can play games portably. I have a bit of a feeling that Sony is trying to bluff with this one--they're saying "we're looking into it" to convince people to buy it.

I'm not sure which way they'll go with this one though. On the one hand, if the PSP Go sells poorly, why support the digital download any further? Your existing market already enjoys their UMDs, so while you should make both versions available in the future, why bother converting existing games into digital for a system no one is using?

On the other hand, if the PSP Go sells poorly, Sony might get into gear and realize that this "goodwill program" is a MAJOR SELLING POINT for "upgrading" (used loosely) from a current model PSP to the Go. People who want the Go but have a collection might simply be waiting for the goodwill program, so while sales may be poor initially, releasing this information might skyrocket it, especially with the holiday season upcoming.

So I could see it going in either direction, really. I just hope they get on it sooner rather than later.

P.S.-And yes, holy crap, it's only a little over 3 weeks now. Really snuck up on me. Yay release date delivery + Patapon 2 already in my library. (I have a voucher for it from when Amazon put it on Lightning Deals for $15) Unfortunately it's the ONLY game in my library at this point, haha...hope Sony can change that via this program soon...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']P.S.-And yes, holy crap, it's only a little over 3 weeks now. Really snuck up on me. Yay release date delivery + Patapon 2 already in my library. (I have a voucher for it from when Amazon put it on Lightning Deals for $15) Unfortunately it's the ONLY game in my library at this point, haha...hope Sony can change that via this program soon...[/QUOTE]

LOL -- the only PSP game I have is Patapon 2 as well, from the Target Clearance sale for $10.

You really think Sony should stop supporting PSN on the PSP if the Go doesn't sell well? It's not like that's the only system it supports and that nobody with a PSP right now buys anything from it, so it would be foolish to scrap something that's probably bringing in money if the questionably-marketed Go doesn't change much of anything.

If you're getting a Go and want a fairly cheap game to pickup, check out WTF: work time fun for $10. It's a bit like if WarioWare was set-up like it was a job rather than a quick succession of minigames.

well the psp go has been prettymuch in the top 5 of psp hardware sales for amazon (beats out all the bundles & 2000) and also in the top 5 for gamestop's psp sales (beat by the dissidia bundle and games). while not the #1 unit its still seeing relatively decent sales.

thx for the note on release date delivery... i had paid for 1-day shipping and apparently they don't upgrade to free release date like they do for normal 2day prime shipping.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, it's getting a little ridiculous. If they dont say anything soon, I'm going to prob wait on getting a GO.[/QUOTE]
I've decided that I will keep my old PSP around in order to play a few import games I have already. So I'm not really that concerned with the "Goodwill" program.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You really think Sony should stop supporting PSN on the PSP if the Go doesn't sell well? It's not like that's the only system it supports and that nobody with a PSP right now buys anything from it, so it would be foolish to scrap something that's probably bringing in money if the questionably-marketed Go doesn't change much of anything.[/QUOTE]

Apologies if I wasn't clear about what I said. I didn't mean PSN should not be supported at ALL. But I was referring specifically to the "goodwill program", related operations. Because technically that could also benefit existing PSP owners as well. I know if I owned a PSP 3000, and could transfer a UMD game to a memory stick, I'd CONSIDER doing it if the service fee was minimal ($1-2), and it was for a game I ALWAYS carried with me.

Not to mention that, if the PSP Go doesn't sell well, there's no NEED to bring older titles to PSN. I can't comment much on what is/is not available on PSN right now, but if there is some launch window game, which sold decently but isn't a "must have"; there might be cause to create a digital download on PSN for it with success of the Go, but seeing as it has already been available to the current market since launch, it might not be as much of a priority.

I strongly support digital downloads overall. Hence why I am getting a PSP Go in the first place. I really hope it pays off well for Sony, and I hope they continue to support PSN. I just feel that the success of the PSP Go might change the path Sony takes with its backlog of already-released UMD-only games. Future games and games which are already available via PSN would not be affected by the things I was referring to related to the PSP Go's success.

Sorry if that wasn't clear the first time around.

I was going to pick this up from Amazon but if I picked one up at Target I could save some money with my employee discount..... Laziness vs saving cash...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I was going to pick this up from Amazon but if I picked one up at Target I could save some money with my employee discount..... Laziness vs saving cash...[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you still have to pay tax at Target? Sounds like Amazon is the better deal (not as convenient though). I'm almost sure employee discount is 10% there.

I was hoping the save feature would allow save states, as in emulation. Where you can reload previous save states.
This is more of a resume game feature, right? once you resume the game, you lose the save state?

Yeah, it's a quick save feature that lets you get out of a game if there's something else you want to do without needing to find a save spot first.

[quote name='Foo228']Wouldn't you still have to pay tax at Target? Sounds like Amazon is the better deal (not as convenient though). I'm almost sure employee discount is 10% there.[/QUOTE]
Since I live in NY I have to pay sales tax on online purchases from Amazon. And even if I didn't it would still be slightly cheaper since the sales tax in NY is something like 8%.

Haven't been following the thread for a while but I hope they kept production to a minimum to drive up demand (Wii strategy) and not following in Sega's footsteps. I don't believe this thing will do well in the first place.

[quote name='iRent']Haven't been following the thread for a while but I hope they kept production to a minimum to drive up demand (Wii strategy) and not following in Sega's footsteps. I don't believe this thing will do well in the first place.[/QUOTE]

As far as remember there were no artificial constraints on Wii production to drive up demand.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Since I live in NY I have to pay sales tax on online purchases from Amazon. And even if I didn't it would still be slightly cheaper since the sales tax in NY is something like 8%.[/QUOTE]

Yeesh...;)

PSP Go for 200$ guess i can afford it and update myself on new game releases, but i do hope sooner after the release there will be CFW hacks rather than UMD's their expensive. :(

Very disappointing article on Gizmondo about the PSP Mini restrictions Sony has set to constrain developers. Excerpt:

Restrictions on PSP Minis Make them Nearly Pointless

By Mark Wilson,

• no network or online features
• no downloadable content (expansions)
• no peripheral support
It's funny, the 100MB size restriction is the least of PSP Minis' problems. We're talking about closed box games, titles that are not only restricted in terms of multiplayer, but completely thwarted from doing anything interesting (like rendering superior graphics or, say, pinging twitter) in the cloud.​

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Very disappointing article on Gizmondo about the PSP Mini restrictions Sony has set to constrain developers. Excerpt:

By Mark Wilson,

• no peripheral support
It's funny, the 100MB size restriction is the least of PSP Minis' problems. We're talking about closed box games, titles that are not only restricted in terms of multiplayer, but completely thwarted from doing anything interesting (like rendering superior graphics or, say, pinging twitter) in the cloud.​
[/QUOTE]

Not quite so sure why your headline is so negative. Most Flash games that I play on Newgrounds, Armor Games, and Kongregate are all single player games with no real need for online connectivity outside of downloading the game. Minis are designed to be the same way.

Sony has stated that they put such restrictions in place to reduce the QA time needed before a game can go released, which is a perfectly reasonable idea to me. And it doesn't necessarily mean that said restrictions will always be in place.

It's in Sony's best interest to have as many PSP Minis on the market ASAP to help drive home a key selling point. Perhaps they'll allow for network connectivity when the PSP Mini community has matured to the point where additional QA time won't be so serious given the already large number of games available.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Not quite so sure why your headline is so negative. Most Flash games that I play on Newgrounds, Armor Games, and Kongregate are all single player games with no real need for online connectivity outside of downloading the game. Minis are designed to be the same way. [/QUOTE]

It's not my title or byline bro.

What sucks is that the Mini constraints hobble their potential as free Apps.
So a company like Pharos (or more specifically it's online community) who wanted to make a free mini to allow use with their BT GPS units can't. It's not about the flash-like games, but the mini/app aspect. It hobbles functionality and the potential for something like the flash multi-player FPS that are being experimented with; not to mention innovative community designed uses for first-party peripherals.

To me it's just more disappointing news, as I thought the mini's might be the saving grace of the Go~ not the coup de grâce for my interest in the platform.

My understanding is that the App store was going to be the "paradigm" *cringes* for the mini's and free ones were going to be a "possibility."

It certainly seems they are going in the opposite direction, in the name of QA- please.

Here is an article in mobile mag that more poignantly explores the problem:
psp-minis-get-confined-with-restrictive-restrictions/ Excerpt:
Unfortunately for developers hoping to cash in on this new platform, Sony has placed all sorts of restrictions on the creation of PSP Mini applications and games. Namely, the apps cannot use any network or online features, effectively eliminating the possibility of developing an app for Facebook or Twitter. It also means that there is no online play whatsoever.

Going even further, it is not possible to tack on any downloadable content (DLC) in the form of expansion packs and that kind of thing. DLC has become the norm for so many games across so many platforms and this includes the smaller XBLA/PSN/WiiShop games. That’s strike two.

And strike three? No peripheral support. If you’re hoping to be a little more creative with the use of an external keyboard or anything like that, you won’t be able to do it with a PSP Mini. You’ll need to develop a full retail release instead.

To make matters even more frustrating for developers who were hoping to get in on the PSP Mini action, Sony isn’t allowing any developed app or game for the platform to exceed 100MB. This started out as one of the biggest hurdles for developers who want to make something fuller and better, but I think the lack of DLC and online support is even worse. No online multiplayer? Seriously?

Just when I thought the PSP Go with PSP Minis could be viable and fun, Sony smacks all the developers in the face. That’s not how you beat Nintendo in the portable game, Sony.​

PSP Minis is just a games service. Their model is based on iPhone's apps, but that doesn't mean that they're allowing actual apps. If Minis are your only hope for interest in a Go, then just get a 3000 to have UMD games and any Minis that interest you.

It's a line of games that better fit the PSP that the system has sorely lacked since the first PSN games arrived for the PSP. No online connectivity sucks, but the PSP isn't an always online device that would make great use of that. Unless Sony changes how online works on the PSP in a future firmware, the lack of leaderboards and the occasional online multiplayer Mni isn't a big deal in the short term.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PSP Minis is just a games service. Their model is based on iPhone's apps, but that doesn't mean that they're allowing actual apps. If Minis are your only hope for interest in a Go, then just get a 3000 to have UMD games and any Minis that interest you.

It's a line of games that better fit the PSP that the system has sorely lacked since the first PSN games arrived for the PSP. No online connectivity sucks, but the PSP isn't an always online device that would make great use of that. Unless Sony changes how online works on the PSP in a future firmware, the lack of leaderboards and the occasional online multiplayer Mni isn't a big deal in the short term.[/QUOTE]

Since when is it just a games service? I thought it was the "pie in the sky" which was going to bring it back on par with the iPhone/Touch.

It's the longterm that I worry about. [Tin-foil hat: Why would they do this unless this is some kind of short term transitional device put out as an experiment to test the developer and consumer market's waters for the potential of a PSP2? ]

The constraints seem artificial, as the community is easily the best QA out there- it certainly works for apple. Sure you get "baby-in a blender" games that squeak into the market- but as long is it's not embedded with malicious software it gets out quickly and problems are identified quickly and removed.

It certainly could hobble the potential for some profitable but free mini games. I know the mini banner ads and DLC are what prop up some of the better free app-store games. That type of profitable but free game model is absolutely impossible with this set of constraints.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Since when is it just a games service? I thought it was the "pie in the sky" which was going to bring it back on par with the iPhone/Touch.

It's the longterm that I worry about. [Tin-foil hat: Why would they do this unless this is some kind of short term transitional device put out as an experiment to test the developer and consumer market's waters for the potential of a PSP2? ]

The constraints seem artificial, as the community is easily the best QA out there- it certainly works for apple. Sure you get "baby-in a blender" games that squeak into the market- but as long is it's not embedded with malicious software it gets out quickly and problems are identified quickly and removed.

It certainly could hobble the potential for some profitable but free mini games. I know the mini banner ads and DLC are what prop up some of the better free app-store games. That type of profitable but free game model is absolutely impossible with this set of constraints.[/QUOTE]
http://uk.playstation.com/games-med...il/item229623/Small-but-mighty-minis-for-PSP/

I imagine that they are artificial and things like DLC and network features will be allowed in the future. I doubt any of these restrictions are set in stone and will not change since a good service has to be able to change and evolve to meet the needs of its developers.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Since when is it just a games service? I thought it was the "pie in the sky" which was going to bring it back on par with the iPhone/Touch.

It certainly could hobble the potential for some profitable but free mini games. I know the mini banner ads and DLC are what prop up some of the better free app-store games. That type of profitable but free game model is absolutely impossible with this set of constraints.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of PSP Minis being touted as anything relative to the App store, except in size alone. In other words I've ONLY heard of PSP Minis in reference to games, and never anything more personally. My assumption was any social networking, etc. would come from Sony, if implemented, though I could be wrong.

And I somewhat disagree regarding the QA claim. The community isn't for QA. That's what gives Sony the headache. Since Sony has a reputation in the games market, it's a bit different from Apple, who is just trying to make their name in portable gaming. If Sony lets bad games into the marketplace, it says something about their credibility, so they are trying to keep their good name by doing QA on their end. In order to keep QA easier and quicker, they're implementing a few guidelines.

Now, here's the kicker: as far as I know, Sony has never said "a game under 100mb MUST follow Mini guidelines". So, if a developer wants to include online connectivity in a game, it just won't qualify as a "Mini". So, the only real difference I see here is that QA may take longer since it's not on an expedited schedule. More things to test = more time. It would just take longer to get into the marketplace, which makes perfect sense to me personally. The only issue that I could see remaining is how they would PRICE these games that don't quite qualify as Minis, but are small enough to technically be one.

Let me note that I am definitely not speaking from fact. Most of this post is just based on what I've read other places, and those guidelines. So while it is speculation, it is speculation within reason, in my opinion. I just don't see that these "Mini" guidelines are intended to limit small games, but instead to help these smaller games get through QA faster. Think about it this way:

Imagine if you are supposed to check documents for errors. These documents are passed on to you from various outside sources. Wouldn't it be much easier to look for errors if your documents are formatted in a somewhat uniform way? Obviously this is not exactly the same, but if you're making sure that these games all follow a somewhat uniform "format" in a sense, it makes the process a lot easier than it might be otherwise. If it doesn't follow this format, it can simply be passed on to a different QA team, over a longer period of time.

So, to sum it up, it seems to me that this is more of a GUIDELINE/QUALIFICATION, not a LIMITATION. So, if your game QUALIFIES as a Mini, then it gets the benefits, such as faster QA time, lower related fees, etc. But if you CHOOSE to release a game which does NOT follow them, you simply don't get these same benefits. I haven't seen any reason to believe otherwise.

The Mini service is first and foremost a games service. Sony hasn't shown any other types of "apps" other than games, though I believe they have stated that apps other than games may come down the line.

The one thing that does worry me though is that devs will not be able to patch their games post launch. So, if some crushing bug gets through the QA process, it will not be fixable.

I don't think PSP games can be patched anyway, though they could always just fix it by uploading a fixed version as the original version and ask people to redownload the game.

The best PSP Minis will eventually come to UMD & possibly PS3. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176004

Sony has said in the past Minis is only for games. That's great to me because if I wanted apps I'd get an Ipod Touch. This way we see more games instead of some of each. From interview:
http://kotaku.com/5341110/sony-psp-minis-not-an-iphone-app-store-no-pspgo-umd-transfer-update

But, Koller said, "it's absolutely not an app store." Expect Minis to all be games games. "We're not going to have, 'Find Your Parked Car' and those kinds of things," he said.
The result will be a "constant stream of content," he hoped, something that ought to please PSP owners looking for novelty.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Very disappointing article on Gizmondo about the PSP Mini restrictions Sony has set to constrain developers. Excerpt:

By Mark Wilson,

• no peripheral support
It's funny, the 100MB size restriction is the least of PSP Minis' problems. We're talking about closed box games, titles that are not only restricted in terms of multiplayer, but completely thwarted from doing anything interesting (like rendering superior graphics or, say, pinging twitter) in the cloud.
[/QUOTE]
I'm glad there is a 100 mb limit. Minis are what the name is i.e. smaller games, smaller games allow for innovation/uniqueness we otherwise would not see. Minis are like app games or DSiWare games. I think the no network or online features & no DLC is probably just for the start/1st year like Apple did at first, later they will open it up more like Apple has.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Not quite so sure why your headline is so negative. Most Flash games that I play on Newgrounds, Armor Games, and Kongregate are all single player games with no real need for online connectivity outside of downloading the game. Minis are designed to be the same way.

Sony has stated that they put such restrictions in place to reduce the QA time needed before a game can go released, which is a perfectly reasonable idea to me. And it doesn't necessarily mean that said restrictions will always be in place.

It's in Sony's best interest to have as many PSP Minis on the market ASAP to help drive home a key selling point. Perhaps they'll allow for network connectivity when the PSP Mini community has matured to the point where additional QA time won't be so serious given the already large number of games available.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. :applause::applause:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I imagine that they are artificial and things like DLC and network features will be allowed in the future. I doubt any of these restrictions are set in stone and will not change since a good service has to be able to change and evolve to meet the needs of its developers.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

I have a somewhat unrelated question. I've never heard of this until recently, and since I don't own a PSP but will be buying the Go, I'm just curious if anyone has ever had experience with AllPSPGames.com.

It's a subscription-based site, which claims to allow people to download PSP games to your PSP. They claim that it works with any firmware, and that there are over 100k PSP downloads. That means more than just games, but also demos, videos, etc. I've never heard of this service, and am wondering if a)it works, or b)what is actually available on their service.

For $35 a year, if it worked, I'd be pretty happy to download unlimited PSP games, haha. But I'm pretty confident that this is not kosher (read: legal) and not even sure if it's possible. (new firmware might eventually prevent stuff like this)

If anyone has comments on this site I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']I have a somewhat unrelated question. I've never heard of this until recently, and since I don't own a PSP but will be buying the Go, I'm just curious if anyone has ever had experience with AllPSPGames.com.

It's a subscription-based site, which claims to allow people to download PSP games to your PSP. They claim that it works with any firmware, and that there are over 100k PSP downloads. That means more than just games, but also demos, videos, etc. I've never heard of this service, and am wondering if a)it works, or b)what is actually available on their service.

For $35 a year, if it worked, I'd be pretty happy to download unlimited PSP games, haha. But I'm pretty confident that this is not kosher (read: legal) and not even sure if it's possible. (new firmware might eventually prevent stuff like this)

If anyone has comments on this site I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Like Frisky said, it's likely highly illegal.

Now -- it's rumored that Sony is toying with the idea of allowing for downloadable rentals of PSP titles as far back as GDC in May 2009.

From Joystiq.com

It looks like Sony's been thinking of doing a PSP games rental service for quite some time now. A consumer survey we discovered yesterday gauged interest in a PSN-powered games rental service for the PSP. Through the hypothetical service, PSP owners would pay a monthly fee to gain access to a library of new and archived games on the PlayStation Store.

According to a report by Develop, Sony pitched plans of a rental service to developers at GDC last March. Certainly, a PSN-centric PSP would be far more attractive to developers that have shied away due to piracy concerns. Offering a rental service would be yet another nail in UMD's coffin, and would perhaps incentivize PSP development once again.

A great idea, IMO, as it simultaneously eliminates the second-hand market and allows hard core gamers the opportunity to beat the game without paying full price (say they finish it in one rental period).

And since all rentals go through PSN, Sony can easily tell what companies will get a piece of the rental pie (unlike Blockbuster or Netflix where there are no additional royalties after the game is bought).

A rental service would be good and I believe the recent firmware update gave some hints that it might be coming soon.

They have to get the pricing right, and I think an option should be available that allows players who decide to buy the game during their rental period to get back the rental fee they paid.

[quote name='J7.']That's a good idea, to be able to apply the rental fee to the full purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I agree there. I'd even be willing to pay slightly MORE than retail in some of these cases.

For instance, if the game is $20. The rental fee could be $4, and then "activating" the full version could be $18. It would wind up being $22 total for Sony, but I'd be much more confident buying full versions with rentals like that.

The must-have games will still be huge sellers, and games that might not otherwise sell so well would generate higher income, one way or another...

Also, does anyone know of a source that has looked over various PSP Go accessories that are coming out with it on 10/1? I'm wondering because I can't find any details about the cradle. It could be a handy deice depending on its functionality if there is any, but I haven't read ANYTHING about it or been able to find any product details. If anyone knows of a website that has had access to this info, please let me know. Thanks.

IMO PSp GO will be difficult for those owners who has big hands since the PSP go is more Slimmer when slid open and a bit short.

SONY might be focusing on improving their marketing sales, though PSP go is being dead even its not yet launched, but if there will be hacks available and downloadable games can be installed, that would be great like what happened to 1st types of PSP.

[quote name='Reichan']IMO PSp GO will be difficult for those owners who has big hands since the PSP go is more Slimmer when slid open and a bit short.

SONY might be focusing on improving their marketing sales, though PSP go is being dead even its not yet launched, but if there will be hacks available and downloadable games can be installed, that would be great like what happened to 1st types of PSP.[/QUOTE]

Actually I find that my hands cramp from the CURRENT iterations of the PSP. Everything I've heard has been about how comfortable it feels. I like the way they shifted the analog nub over, for instance...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Actually I find that my hands cramp from the CURRENT iterations of the PSP. Everything I've heard has been about how comfortable it feels. I like the way they shifted the analog nub over, for instance...[/QUOTE]

QFT.

And from Destructoid.com

A lot of hype has been placed upon the PSPgo. It's a sleek, sexy machine with some obvious flaws (battery life, no real new features), but it does sure look great. However, the PSPgo is not the only thing Sony is launching later next month, as there is a whole slew of new game types coming through PSN: the Minis.

There was some talk last week about these new, smaller, bite-sized games, especially in regards to the lack of multiplayer and updates to the game. Last week I was at a Sony PSPgo launch event, and I had the opportunity to speak with Eric Lempel, the Director of Playstation Operations and Strategic Planning, about this very issue.

When questioned about these concerns, he said this: “So you can patch Minis, but we won't have multiplayer functions in the beginning. Basically, to get these developers on board, and to make it easier to test and get it through the pipeline, we won't be allowing that functionality for the first stage of Minis.”

He also went on to say that Mini games will have the ability to be updated, and that multiplayer... “It's something we will consider in the future.” Ultimately, this is a situation that is not ideal for gamers, but is something that Sony can address at anytime. I just hope that these restrictions don't become like Microsoft's handling of previous Arcade restrictions, where only certain companies and games were allowed to break the rules, because that just unfair.

Expect more from my Sony Press Event later this week.

Looks like I was on the right track. Sweet.... Someone should hire me as a video game analyst!

[quote name='Ecofreak']QFT.

And from Destructoid.com

Looks like I was on the right track. Sweet.... Someone should hire me as a video game analyst![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you were on the right track. Seems like I was as well. I had thought it was simply to expedite the QA process and for keeping things more straightforward. I'm glad they'll eventually raise some of those limitations, since they are completely artificial.

Just checking again though, does anyone know of any website that has covered any of the PSP Go accessories that will be available at launch? I'm wondering if the cradle will actually be of any use, or if it will simply be another way to give Sony money. (Yay PS2/PS3 "vertical stand" accessory, haha)

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']I'm glad you were on the right track. Seems like I was as well. I had thought it was simply to expedite the QA process and for keeping things more straightforward. I'm glad they'll eventually raise some of those limitations, since they are completely artificial.

Just checking again though, does anyone know of any website that has covered any of the PSP Go accessories that will be available at launch? I'm wondering if the cradle will actually be of any use, or if it will simply be another way to give Sony money. (Yay PS2/PS3 "vertical stand" accessory, haha)[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/06/psp-go-and-buy-all-new-accessories/

Thanks for the link h3llbring3r. That's pretty much all the info I was able to find, as well.

I was just hoping to find some sort of description of the damn cradle. I could see purchasing it if it had a function other than "look, your PSP Go can STAND UP!!!" (i.e. if it had component or composite out as opposed to the proprietary output) but my guess is that it will simply pass the same port out the back so that it can stand up and still be plugged in.

Shame, since that accessory has potential otherwise.

bread's done
Back