Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kell']Shipping Restrictions

Amazon.ca can ship items from our Software and Computer & Video Games Stores only to destinations within Canada.[/QUOTE]

Yep, really sucked when Amazon.ca had the crystal Xboxes for sale a few years back and there was nothing you could do about it in the US... :(

With all the color choices that have been available for the 360, I think the basic white still looks best. Of the newer colors, the Halo one much better than the black elite, red elite and simpson's yellow.

Has there been any confirmation on the internets about this model containing the Jasper chip or are we just hoping and assuming?

Any word on whether this is a Jasper or not? I currently have a Falcon Pro w/ 120 GB hard drive and a launch 360 (refurbed) w/ 20 GB. I can trade the launch in for ~$100 and several games and pre-order one of these. The other option is to grab an Arcade but I want the AV Cable that comes with the Elite.

Well I threw a pre-order down at Amazon. Says it wont ship until the 18th. That should give me enough time to track one down to see if they are indeed Jaspers. Figure if it comes out that they aren't jaspers I'll just cancel the pre-order and pick one up down the road.

I pre ordered mine as well. Elites don't come with transfer kits do they? I have a 120 gb hdd already but I just want to use the black one that comes with it so it matches and then I'll get rid of this one.

No one has confirmed if they're Jaspers, we are hoping.

And you can order a transfer kit-- doesn't paperwork with the link come with the Elites (Since that was MS' original "upgrade plan")? I'm sure you can find the link with a quick Google ("microsoft transfer cable").

[quote name='Justin42']Yep, really sucked when Amazon.ca had the crystal Xboxes for sale a few years back and there was nothing you could do about it in the US... :([/QUOTE]

Well you could drive to Canada

[quote name='Justin42']No one has confirmed if they're Jaspers, we are hoping.

And you can order a transfer kit-- doesn't paperwork with the link come with the Elites (Since that was MS' original "upgrade plan")? I'm sure you can find the link with a quick Google ("microsoft transfer cable").[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that on xbox.com as well. I wish they would just package one in :).

On a side note, anyone know if you can transfer 120 gb to 120 gb with no problems? All descriptions I've ever read is that you use it to transfer to bigger hard drive. (Which of course, is what it's intended to do)Again I just want to match the color scheme because I'm anal when it comes to these things.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Good deal. Just the shade of red sucks. Looks like they used some nail polish to color the thing.[/QUOTE]

I like the color. :eek:

[quote name='Doomtime']

On a side note, anyone know if you can transfer 120 gb to 120 gb with no problems? All descriptions I've ever read is that you use it to transfer to bigger hard drive. (Which of course, is what it's intended to do)Again I just want to match the color scheme because I'm anal when it comes to these things.[/quote]

Wouldn't it just be best to swap out the drive...transfering files from a 120GB to a 120GB is...well....just plain idiodic. Just drop in your old 120 into the new console and you're done.

[quote name='MSTRKRFT']Wouldn't it just be best to swap out the drive...transfering files from a 120GB to a 120GB is...well....just plain idiodic. Just drop in your old 120 into the new console and you're done.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's hard for people to understand when you don't care, I on the other hand understand why he needs it to match.

I couldn't stand having a different color controller let alone different colors on the system itself. :X

It would bug me to no end..

Some of the perks of OCD. :whee:

This console just makes me think of Gears of War, wonder if they were planning a Limited Gears console and canceled it. On another note I guess all M$oft is trying to do is steal the thunder from anyone considering a PS3 purchase and I think it may work. I have no idea why they chose red it's an unusual color scheme, perhaps there is a niche of gamers out there that absolutely need a red console.

[quote name='Sacsquash']This console just makes me think of Gears of War, wonder if they were planning a Limited Gears console and canceled it. On another note I guess all M$oft is trying to do is steal the thunder from anyone considering a PS3 purchase and I think it may work. I have no idea why they chose red it's an unusual color scheme, perhaps there is a niche of gamers out there that absolutely need a red console.[/QUOTE]

I think you should only by this if:

-You are in the market for a new elite.
or
-Your rooms are color cordinated and finally glad to see a system you don't need red spray paint for.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I gotta contact my Canadian source to buy 1 of these. I know Amazon.ca offer Amazon Prime or FSSS for Canadian Resident.[/QUOTE]

Gotta pay for taxes where you're at?

[quote name='Evil Shadow Ninja']i might consider it as well & just sell my old xbox[/QUOTE]

That's what I am doing when I get it outta layaway. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm from SoCal.[/QUOTE]

Oh, right on. I don't know enough about Amazon to get anything from that. :p

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']I guess it's hard for people to understand when you don't care, I on the other hand understand why he needs it to match.

I couldn't stand having a different color controller let alone different colors on the system itself. :X

It would bug me to no end..

Some of the perks of OCD. :whee:[/quote]

Ha I knew someone would understand! Yeah I definitely don't want a mismatched console. Hopefully I can find out if that will work.

[quote name='Doomtime']Ha I knew someone would understand! Yeah I definitely don't want a mismatched console. Hopefully I can find out if that will work.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Us OCD nuts gotta stick togeather. ;)

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']:applause:

Us OCD nuts gotta stick togeather. ;)[/quote]

Ha! For real! My second red 360 controller showed up today. The matte red is sick as hell, can't wait till my whole 360 setup matches.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Oh, right on. I don't know enough about Amazon to get anything from that. :p[/quote]
Even with taxes, its still cheap. I use my friend's address from Canada and my CC to order myself then they ship it to me at no problem. I'm gonna order at Amazon.ca as soon as they have in stock.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Ha! For real! My second red 360 controller showed up today. The matte red is sick as hell, can't wait till my whole 360 setup matches.[/quote]

I bought a second metal gear gunmetal dualshock for over $100 on ebay just to match my limited edition bundled one...hah...I can relate

gloss black with a dark resident evil tone would have been better. this red 360 screams look at me with my entertainment system.

I guess swapping HDD's would be annoying in this case if you have the 120gb hdd for white consoles. Glad i bought an elite 120gb for my Halo 3 edish.

Would love to get this without the RE bit as I'm getting that for the PS3. Too bad I already have a 360 and have no way of really justifying buying a new one. What ever happened to consoles having a choice of colors? There was like 600 different N64s.

[quote name='speedrunner17']It sucks I get charged on tax everywhere I order. I think my GS is doing a midnight release for RE5. I hope this comes in at the sametime. Also I'm just going to get mine from GS since I have to pay tax I might as well get it immediately at a store. Funny thing is I can pay off half of this system with throw away games using the tiered promo.[/quote]

exactly what I did 320 bucks for 12 games is a really good bargain, with the edge card thats 50 percent more trade in value.

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']exactly what I did 320 bucks for 12 games is a really good bargain, with the edge card thats 50 percent more trade in value.[/quote]

That's a nice total. I really should trade in some other games too. I could trade in a lot and get over $400. I already added up what I could get for my games. The things is I can keep a lot of my top tier games and still get a hefty total. I just have a problem with getting rid of my stuff. I don't even play 85-90% of my games maybe its time to trade em in, and just get the games again at a different time if I miss them.

in for 1!!!
not crazy about the color, but i dont hate it. i actually like how bold it is. but, we'll see once i seen it in person.
been waiting for the jasper to come out, and they're finally here!

man, i cant wait
finally, i am getting into the latest gen of gaming!

So , now that we know it's a Jasper ... does anyone know of any deals to get it for less? Any Best Buy coupons to knock a percentage off, I know Amazon obviously lack tax which is pretty sweet, what about Gamestop or Gamecrazy? Any added incentives there?

In terms of warranties, I read that Best Buy changed their policy and I'm unclear as to what Gamestop offers as a warranty and if there's a high cost/benefit ratio for any of these. I'm tempted to pre-order one but not entirely sure which retailer to go with. I'm sure Fry's will get some of these in as well ...

So with all that said, what do you guys think?

GC, as always, gives 12 free rentals with systems.. so there's that.

Also, a press release stated that pre-orders ARE open for the RE Elite. It requires a $50 deposit. Supplies are VERY limited and pre-orders will very much likely be cut off by this time next weekend.

Also, Halo Wars and RE5 CE are unpreorderable at GC. You can still do it in the computer, but no additional copies are available. It's really hit or miss as to whether or not you will get one if you preorder this late.

I was originally gonna pick up RE5 for the PS3, but now I guess I will get it with this Xbox 360 bundle. Does anyone know if either system is going to have some exclusive DLC for RE5? I got screwed by getting GTA4 and Fallout3 for PS3... don't want to get screwed again...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really tempted to replace my elite at best buy with the replacement plan and use the in-store credit to preorder one,lol.

I have my launch 360, and its RROD on me 3 times, and im still stuck on the 20gb hdd. Im so tempted to get this, but i dont know if I can pull the trigger. I want RE5, i like the big hdd, i want hdmi. So tough to decide.

[quote name='mythus']this is great, a system that will match the ring of death =P. microsoft keeping it stylish[/quote]

:D

[quote name='Bucknut']I have my launch 360, and its RROD on me 3 times, and im still stuck on the 20gb hdd. Im so tempted to get this, but i dont know if I can pull the trigger. I want RE5, i like the big hdd, i want hdmi. So tough to decide.[/QUOTE]

Trade your old 360 to GS and use that to preorder the new one. I traded one of my 360's like a month ago and got $105 credit for a launch system. Dont know what the trade in value is now.

[quote name='addicted2games']Trade your old 360 to GS and use that to preorder the new one. I traded one of my 360's like a month ago and got $105 credit for a launch system. Dont know what the trade in value is now.[/QUOTE]

How much for preorder?

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']How much for preorder?[/quote]

I think it's either $25 or $50 down (at GS anyway) I went ahead and put a little over $200 down today and will trade in my backup 360 tomorrow

bread's done
Back