Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='mbstuff']Because if it is a reprint, it will be available at other places, and possibly for much less. It's just a shady business practice to claim a warehouse find when the truth is they received early shipments of a reprint.[/QUOTE]

Did they claim it was a warehouse find ?

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I guess I don't understand all of the righteous fury. They could have held on to all the copies and leaked them onto eBay over a slow period of time and maximized their profits by selling them at absurd amounts of money per sealed copy. Instead, they put a bunch on their site at more or less retail. How is this so evil again?[/QUOTE]

I'd gather that it's evil for those who bought 10 copies at $50 a pop, and they'd like to blame everyone but the people who made the decision to no longer put security stickers on the game cases. Now they have $500 invested in titles that will be treated with skepticism when sold on eBay, and are clearly distinguishable from the "original pressing" (if we are to believe that theory).

To which I provide a hearty :rofl:

I ordered one of each, for full disclosure purposes.

I could care less about the damn security sticker.
I just want the game to actually ... you know... play it and enjoy. :lol:

What a concept, playing games.

Anyways, this is still a great deal because I've seen complete USED copies go on ebay for as much as $160.

I think I am gonna keep this order, since they're two games that I've always wanted to play. Plus it puts me that much closer to a full collection of Atlus PS1/PS2 games.

That's what I get for being poor in middle and high school:whistle2:#

They didn't exactly claim a warehouse find, but when I talked to them on the phone to change my order (rhapsody had been OOS when I originally ordered Persona), the CSR was saying that the stocks are fluctuating because so many people are cancelling orders. The reality, it seems, is that the stock keeps getting replenished because they have a steady supplier.

I don't have a problem about spending $100 for these games, and I only care a little bit about their business strategy. However, I'll be treating GQD with caution from now on, as I'm sure many people will.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I guess I don't understand all of the righteous fury. They could have held on to all the copies and leaked them onto eBay over a slow period of time and maximized their profits by selling them at absurd amounts of money per sealed copy. Instead, they put a bunch on their site at more or less retail. How is this so evil again?[/QUOTE]

The reason why they try to sell them quick is because they need to get rid of them. They get the reprints first and then act like they found a case in the basement or whatever but then other video game specialty stores (such as GExpress and eStarland get them a week or so later) and sell them for less. That's why they can't hold on to them ...

This IS CAG, and I just hate the fact that the "rare" games always turn up elsewhere for cheaper a week or two later.

*Edit: for the record, I didn't buy any RE2s or Rhapsody's or Persona 2's.

if mine does not come with the seal on top im going to email the company and tell them to take them back with no 15% restock fee or i will disput the charges. It looks like these are opened copies and they just REWRAPPED THEM.

say hello to the chargeback

they said they are factory sealed without the seal they are not.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'd gather that it's evil for those who bought 10 copies at $50 a pop, and they'd like to blame everyone but the people who made the decision to no longer put security stickers on the game cases. Now they have $500 invested in titles that will be treated with skepticism when sold on eBay, and are clearly distinguishable from the "original pressing" (if we are to believe that theory).

To which I provide a hearty :rofl:

I ordered one of each, for full disclosure purposes.[/QUOTE]

I'm going w/ myke on this one, fuck it if it is a reprint, I've been looking for this game for a while, so I'm cool. LOLing @ those aholes who bought 50 plus of em for profit are really hurting right now, serves em right :) Another thing, if they are a reprint...why would they reprint Persona 2? I mean, Rhapsody I'd understand, but was Persona 2 that sought after?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']I'm going w/ myke on this one, fuck it if it is a reprint, I've been looking for this game for a while, so I'm cool. LOLing @ those aholes who bought 50 plus of em for profit are really hurting right now, serves em right :) Another thing, if they are a reprint...why would they reprint Persona 2? I mean, Rhapsody I'd understand, but was Persona 2 that sought after?[/QUOTE]

Persona 2 is part of the SMT series... since SMT is seeing a boost in sales due to the overwhelming demand for Nocturne and DDS, it would make sense to go ahead and reprint Persona 2 (since it was the better of the two ps one games).

But 50 bucks for Persona 2, even sealed, is a bit pricey.

[quote name='slidecage']if mine does not come with the seal on top im going to email the company and tell them to take them back with no 15% restock fee or i will disput the charges. It looks like these are opened copies and they just REWRAPPED THEM.

they said they are factory sealed without the seal they are not.[/QUOTE]

all the recent ps2 and ps1 releases no longer have the seals. Anyway if you look at the plastic seal, it does seem legit from the factory, not shrinkwrapped.

Those who bought tons of copies intending to sell, better act quick, before other places begin to sell them.

Sucks to those who bought them for 79.99 from ebay though.

[quote name='slidecage']if mine does not come with the seal on top im going to email the company and tell them to take them back with no 15% restock fee or i will disput the charges. It looks like these are opened copies and they just REWRAPPED THEM.

they said they are factory sealed without the seal they are not.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

If it's a reprint, I don't care. It's still new and factory sealed. WHich is exactly what I payed for. the wrapping looks exactly like my Makai Kingdom. ANd I ordered that from NIS America.

If used and just rewrapped like that lady on ebay does, then I don't know what to do or think. I guess just bitch that the company lied and hope for a nice discount or something (because I still want the game).

Really the only thing I would be worried about at all would be if this is a bootleg. I doubt it, but I'm sure they exist, especially for the valueable harder to find games.

At least Gamequest is sending something, unlike that other place, buyrite I believe it was called, would never send anything.

My only question is, if this is a reprint, why does no one else have them? I wouldn't have mind paying $20-$40 instead of $50, but I am not going to cry over $10 or less.

FOUND SOMETHING OUT

These are a VERY LIMITED REISSUE OF THE GAME only this company and they said around another 5 companies got this game Reissued. THese are NOT FIRST PRINTS OF THE GAMES. First prints will have the Seal the REISSUED games will not .... they are company sealed but since it was reissued That is why there is no SEAL....

Got to love how they didnt tell you think and they made everyone belive they found a BUNCH of old games just sitting around.

I just take the 15% hit on each and send them back

if you dont belive it call

Email - [email protected] or Phone - (949) 788-0353

they have said they have gotten over 50 calls in the past 2 days about this and knew what two games i was talking about before i even asked

PERSONA 2 IS THE SAME REISSUED

[quote name='slidecage']FOUND SOMETHING OUT

These are a VERY LIMITED REISSUE OF THE GAME only this company and they said around another 5 companies got this game Reissued. THese are NOT FIRST PRINTS OF THE GAMES. First prints will have the Seal the REISSUED games will not .... they are company sealed but since it was reissued That is why there is no SEAL....

Got to love how they didnt tell you think and they made everyone belive they found a BUNCH of old games just sitting around.

they have said they have gotten over 50 calls in the past 2 days about this and knew what two games i was talking about before i even asked

PERSONA 2 IS THE SAME REISSUED[/QUOTE]

Um, why would I send it back?

Unless it is $20 someplace that is.

So, who are the other companies?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Didn't people call Atlus though? Users here were told there were no reprints of Rhaps/Persona 2![/QUOTE]

lol, to maximize profits of course.

What's the real problem?

Take your $60 Persona 2 and dump it on eBay for $85. You make a tidy profit of $25 and learned the valuable lesson of not trusting GQD.

if anyone is really ambitious, bid on one that has the real seal and sell yours, i doubt the masses on ebay will quickly realize there has been a reissue, that way u will have the original one but probably paid the same as your reissue.

i probally find someone to take the persona off my hands. if i paid 50 for profile and i can 50 for rhapsody.... Just pisses me off in a way they knew this was a REISSUE yet they acted like these are first prints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidecage
FOUND SOMETHING OUT

i didnt ask who the other companies where but as soon as i say the name of the company i got the games off the workers went Yep that is one of them who got the REISSUED Games. i would love to call them back and see if they would tell me how big of a REISSUE it is but i doubt they tell me. THey said it was a VERY LIMITED REISSUE. Then again they called ogrebattle limited and look how many those were : )

i will probally end up with 3 1 persona 2 and 2 rhapsody

1 i will open and 1 i will trade off

[quote name='slidecage']Quote:
Originally Posted by slidecage
FOUND SOMETHING OUT

i didnt ask who the other companies where but as soon as i say the name of the company i got the games off the workers went Yep that is one of them who got the REISSUED Games[/QUOTE]

That's really odd. I am not calling you a liar or anything, but why would they give these reissues to a select group of retailers? And furthermore, why would gamesquest or whoever be one of them rather than a gamestop or eb (those could be the others though I guess)? The only thing I can think of would be to avoid a quick sellout.

[quote name='chickenhawk']That's really odd. I am not calling you a liar or anything, but why would they give these reissues to a select group of retailers? And furthermore, why would gamesquest or whoever be one of them rather than a gamestop or eb (those could be the others though I guess)? The only thing I can think of would be to avoid a quick sellout.[/QUOTE]

only reasons i can think is they didnt want them. I mean there are a few ebgames around here they dont even carry ps1 stuff. Many companies probally dont even touch Ps1 stuff even if its rare they dont have the room. Im going to try to call them back up later tonight and see if another worker confirms this or not but the first person said

IT WAS A VERY LIMITED REISSUE

Actually, I just got off the phone with someone from Atlus and he said "I can't get into specifics about our relationships with retailers" - *cough* and when I asked where I might be able to get one, he said the only place he knows of is gamequest. It does make a slight bit of sense to have a relationship since Atlus HQ and Gamequest are both in the SoCal area, especially if it is a "limited" number". But if that's the case, why wouldn't Atlus just sell them from their store directly?

I think the only bad thing abut this whole issue however is that they picked Rhapsody over Ogre Battle or Brigandine

Dave

Wow... did anyone check out gamequestdirect selling these on Ebay and Half.com? That feedback is HORRIBLE in the past month or so. People got raped for buying their 'rare' games in April/May only to never receive anything! Almost 1/2 FB of the last 100 are Neg/Neut...

I hope anyone who ordered this keeps a good eye out and makes sure their CC isn't charged before the item ships!

[quote name='slidecage']i probally find someone to take the persona off my hands. if i paid 50 for profile and i can 50 for rhapsody.... Just pisses me off in a way they knew this was a REISSUE yet they acted like these are first prints.[/QUOTE]

Think of it this way. You're getting miffed over a fucking sticker, dude. Did you want to sell this or play it? If the former, ha-ha, sucks to be you. If the latter, why get bent out of shape over it?

I just called someone from Atlus and he confirmed that this was a reprinting. He also said something about how Gamequest is the only authorized reseller selling them right now; I didn't even say antyhing about Gamequestdirect but he was suddenly like "Gamequest is the only place that's allowed to sell them right now." Sounds like they've been getting tons of calls about this, lol. He answered my questions before I even had a chance to ask them.

[quote name='jlkeeton']Wow... did anyone check out gamequestdirect selling these on Ebay and Half.com? That feedback is HORRIBLE in the past month or so. People got raped for buying their 'rare' games in April/May only to never receive anything! Almost 1/2 FB of the last 100 are Neg/Neut...

I hope anyone who ordered this keeps a good eye out and makes sure their CC isn't charged before the item ships![/QUOTE]

i dont see why people are bringing this up. How do we know the dude didnt get sick or there was something wrong with their family or business and it took a little longer to ship them out. Its werid its only a certain time frame it all went neg.... i got a shipping notice and not really worried. was a little Poed about finding out about Reissued but not that big of a deal now .

[quote name='vietgurl']I just called someone from Atlus and he confirmed that this was a reprinting. He also said something about how Gamequest is the only authorized reseller selling them right now; I didn't even say antyhing about Gamequestdirect but he was suddenly like "Gamequest is the only place that's allowed to sell them right now." Sounds like they've been getting tons of calls about this, lol. He answered my questions before I even had a chance to ask them.[/QUOTE]

maybe you got the same dude cause he knew the answers before i even asked them. maybe they did find a bunch of these in the basement of atlus or something and said " let just make a deal with local companies to get these out so Major chain wont get mad when they dont have a chance to do it "

wow $50 for a reprinted PS 1 game. They are pulling no punches on their fanbase this time.

Come to think of it, it makes sense these were the 2 games chosen for reprints.

Persona 2 because its part of the Shin Megami Tensei series,

and Rhapsody because of Disgaea, Lapucelle etc.

I guess they decided to reprint these along with the PS2 games.

[quote name='slidecage']maybe you got the same dude cause he knew the answers before i even asked them. maybe they did find a bunch of these in the basement of atlus or something and said " let just make a deal with local companies to get these out so Major chain wont get mad when they dont have a chance to do it "[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that idea if the games actually had the seal. No seal tends to lean more towards the reprint idea.

-Morpheus

Well, with the recent developments, I bit and picked up both. I realize that Rhapsody got bad reviews, but it sounds interesting. I am just looking to play these so I am not too worried that they are reprints.

Ok, so it has no sticker and is a re-issue. Once I open and play the game, thus the sticker is gone, who will know that it's NOT an original? Unless there is some "greatest hits" type advertising on it, or some other small number in a corner or something, who would know, or care? I can see where if you wanted to resell these as original new for a lot of money then there might be a problem, but otherwise how would you know?

[quote name='slidecage']maybe there is some atlus dude running around totally naked covered in rhapsody Seals[/QUOTE]

Watch him sell them on ebay. $50 a pop to make your reprint atlus games complete. :D

-Morpheus

[quote name='slidecage']maybe there is some atlus dude running around totally naked covered in rhapsody Seals[/QUOTE]

After reading page upon page of this saga, all I have to say is... :rofl:

:rofl:

gosh i hope he's hot

[quote name='Nutts'] I can see where if you wanted to resell these as original new for a lot of money[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly what some members want to do.

Anyone happen to ask the Atlus guy (the phone rep, not the naked one) what their MSRP for this new reprint was?

[quote name='MightySlacker']But if that's the case, why wouldn't Atlus just sell them from their store directly?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem like they have an online store designed to handle a large number of orders. Everything is done through the mail and envelopes are addressed by hand. For something that would elicit so many requests, it's probably a lot easier for Atlus to unload them on a local retailer.

[quote name='mykevermin']Think of it this way. You're getting miffed over a fucking sticker, dude. Did you want to sell this or play it? If the former, ha-ha, sucks to be you. If the latter, why get bent out of shape over it?[/QUOTE]

There are also collectors who wouldn't play or sell it. I'm guessing those are the people who will be most disappointed by the missing sticker.

I ordered one of each, im into RPGs, and i saw the prices on ebay...hell its like 36 preowned if you can find it at gamestop so why not 50 new. I was worried about this "seal" thing at first, as if its a greatest hits type thing but wow...

anywho im happy, maybe this will keep the hoarders away just enough so people can really pick up copies to play.

Well I certainly do feel sorry for people who bought a ton to resell, they are in trouble now....Well I wont be mad as I intended on playing my rhapsody, but if these start showing up for $20 elsewhere I will be pissed...

I ordered tuesday early afternoon and picked 2 day shipping (it was a gift for my cousin who is leaving for college on saturday). I called today and they still have not shipped, so i cancelled my order. They said it would be refunded in full within 24-48 hours because it had not shipped yet. we will see!!

[quote name='Jack']It doesn't seem like they have an online store designed to handle a large number of orders. Everything is done through the mail and envelopes are addressed by hand. For something that would elicit so many requests, it's probably a lot easier for Atlus to unload them on a local retailer. [/QUOTE]

How big is this reprint?

A stamp with the Atlus address would take 5 seconds to use. Even the most complicated US address would take no more than 90 seconds to write down. Sticking a PS1 game into a #0 type envelope (6"X10") and sealing the envelope would take no more than 15 seconds. Using a stamp machine would take no more than 60 seconds since postage will be the same for each package.

So, an employee with half a brain could prep at least 20 games per hour or 160 per day or 1020 per week.

Get 10 minimum wage people on it and you can handle 10K orders per week.

[quote name='Jack']There are also collectors who wouldn't play or sell it. I'm guessing those are the people who will be most disappointed by the missing sticker.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure of that; however, it *is* factory sealed. It will still have some value down the road, I'm sure. The thing is, if you *really* want a sticker-sealed original print, it is available (for a price) on eBay.

Collectors can still get it that way; I look at this scenario as pissing off (1) hoarders who resell (and good riddance to them!) and (2) collectors who thought they were getting the "authentic" deal; in this case, I'm a bit sympathetic because GQD did *not* specify that it was a reprint and did not have the sticker.

OTOH, if they reprinted it with the sticker and all, you'd piss off the collectors who bought the original item that cannot be distinguished from the new pressing.

The method Atlus chose, although it's probably more circumstantial due to no more games at all having the sticker seal *at all*, benefits (1) the original collectors (mostly) and (2) people who want to have the game for play or collecting. It probably pissed off some of the collectors in group (2), as well as hoarding reselling assholes. An *exceptionally* trivial group of disreputable people were made angry for the benefit of us having the ability to own this game.

And still nobody thanks the OP for offering CAGs free S/H.

bread's done
Back