San andreas already going for $100 on ebay

There's 6 million copies out there. This can only last a few days/weeks...

That's it. I'm selling mine and finally buying a copy of Rez.

I went into my local EB Games and they said I could buy GTA:SA on any system. They said they just can't advertise an AO rated game. While these folks are spending over $100 for a game they could easily get it for the asking price of $50.

I don' think people actually understand this.

People's stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Congrats to those who were able to sell some copies and make major profit. I am kicking myself for selling my ps2 copy on ebay a few months ago. Too bad I didn't have the forsight to see this.

WTF! Ebay cancelled all of my GTA auctions. I had one up for xbox for auction, that was one day, ending today, with lots of bids, and another ps2 new BIN. Why do they do this? They said it was a bootleg/unauthorized version. Huh? They did this to me once with a robocop criterion dvd b/c I said it was unrated, and somehow that made it illegal to sell? Arghhhh

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']It sounds like Ebay is going to start applying the screws.

Time to jump ship, I think.

The party is over and what not.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but why would ebay have a problem with this? I mean, when they re-release it in 3 months, there is still going to be the hot coffee content on it, and ebay has never not sold a U.S. released video game before. I sold the guy game a few weeks back, and they has an underage girl in it. I guess we'll have to see. I just relisted mine, without saying anything about them being recalled, or anything about the demo modification. Their search engine probably picked that out on mine and that's why it was removed, at least I hope that's why.

Congrats for all of those making good money off of this. Some people are just so stupid. How is a game that has 6 million sold for PS2 going to be rare?

I also just reported someone for using my picture on like 8 bin auctions that are priced at the same amount as what my first one sold for (they also stole the majority of my description)

[quote name='cyberlian']ebay canceled one of my auctions and said that it must be listed under the "mature content" category.[/QUOTE]

Does your description anything related to 'hot coffee' in it?

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Does your description anything related to 'hot coffee' in it?[/QUOTE]

Nope, mine say "Unfortunatly, due to a hidden piece of game code, this game has been removed from the shelves of popular retailers like Walmart, Target, EB Games, and Game Stop. With such limited availability, this game very hard to come by."

[quote name='cyberlian']I also just reported someone for using my picture on like 8 bin auctions that are priced at the same amount as what my first one sold for (they also stole the majority of my description)[/QUOTE]

The problem is, his auctions will be 'long over' before anyone actually reads your mail.

I'm about to go to FYE and pick up 4 PS2 copies with store credit, but should I or will Ebay remove them?

I notice they're going for around $60. Starting to question if it's even worth it after Ebay fees.

Went back to FYE, and returned my 5 xbox copies.....then bought them right back as single transactions so i could get my $10 off coupons.
Guess i need to take 1 back now, since eBay took off the auction =[

Nice, for those who are interested, Anaheim Fry's still got a lot of San Andreas in the back stock room. Most of the copies on the shelves are gone, but if you ask the rep they'll bring them out. They had PC, PS2, and XBox versions when I was there a few hours ago. I believe the console versions are $35, not sure if the PC version is the same price.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Went back to FYE, and returned my 5 xbox copies.....then bought them right back as single transactions so i could get my $10 off coupons.
Guess i need to take 1 back now, since eBay took off the auction =[[/QUOTE]

I have a question for you. I just went to FYE bought the last copy of San Andreas on PS2 for $49.99 (I thought it was $39.99, but whatever) And it comes with a $20 rebate.

How are you selling them sealed on ebay and sending in the Original UPC bar code from the package? it won't accept copies.

Or is yours an instant rebate?

I'm thinking about just saying screw it and take the game back. If it sales for sixty something on Ebay that's not much profit as I paid $54. Those idiots FYE CHARGE YOU TAX ON TRADE IN CREDIT. They're the only one I know that does that. I thought you're not supposed to tax trades by law. I ask them about it and they act like they've never heard of not charging tax on trade-ins. Rediculous.

Although I placed some online orders, I decided to look around B&M since my orders have a high chance of never going through. I knew the standard places would be out, so I hit up K-Mart and FYE...and nothing... Gainesville, Fl is outs :p

Damn, that must suck:

A guy was selling an open copy of San Andreas for XBOX with 22 minutes left to bid, and it was at a whopping $71 (highest I have seen for an open copy) and it got pulled down.

Where can I find the adult section of EBAY for when I go to sell it?

Dang! mine was killed too

Not a big deal . . . no action on mine . . . but you can't do a buy-it-now listing and you can't mention paypal in adult listings.

Anyway . . . I can always return it to ebgames.

I listed it in Mature Audiences . . . will be interesting to see where it goes in a week.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']

How are you selling them sealed on ebay and sending in the Original UPC bar code from the package? it won't accept copies.

Or is yours an instant rebate?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going for the rebate, i sold them as SEALED. Maybe if i had an xBox i would keep one, but i don't. The last copy that eBay took down is going back to FYE.

EBAY cancelled two of my GTA auctions, and left two of mine up. The two they left were for sealed GTA copies. The two they cancelled were for the used GTA Collection for Xbox and a used GTA PC. I don't get it. Oh well..i put the other ones up for Buy It now. Do you think 100 bucks for the three GTA games on Xbox is good. They're used...

For the curious:
[quote name='Da Man']We regret to inform you that your eBay auctions:

8207067262 GTA: San Andreas BANNED HOT COFFEE MINT LIKE NEW

have been ended. All fees associated with these auctions have been credited to your account.

The items you have listed do not appear to be consistent with eBay guidelines.

We wanted to call attention to a policy that you may have overlooked when listing your auctions. In order to maintain the safest and most equitable trading environment possible, we must have policies for items eBay considers to be "adult" in nature. Items that fall under this classification must only be listed in our Mature Audiences categories.

Items such as those you’ve listed are not permitted within eBay's general categories, even if they are cropped, edited or otherwise self-censored. Our Mature Audiences policies define materials to be adult in nature if they include, but are not limited to:

* Items that depict frontal nudity (with very limited exceptions)

* Images or representation of intercourse or other sexual activity involving humans or human-like creatures (such as in Anime or Hentai)

* Anything which requires the person purchasing the item to be 18 years of age or older

* Any materials where the sole purpose is to arouse or titillate the senses in a sexual manner

* Any items which are designed for sexual use (such as vibrators or bondage gear)

* Items that portray sexual characteristics

Some examples of what we do not permit within the general categories would be "Girls Gone Wild" style videos, Anime (Japanese animation) with adult subject material, most bondage related items, adult toys, and most adult magazines. Nudist magazines are also prohibited. We do make some allowances for certain collectible adult magazines.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone think the game would sell well in the mature audiences section? I'm not quite sure what to do..My auctions got pulled twice today and i don't really want to test the waters with Ebay and end up getting banned.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Does anyone think the game would sell well in the mature audiences section? I'm not quite sure what to do..My auctions got pulled twice today and i don't really want to test the waters with Ebay and end up getting banned.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they'll still sell as there will be many adults (or kids using their parents account) to buy a copy of this collectable.

I would ask for a scan of the winning bidder's ID when selling this game, if that falls within eBay's rules. Hopefully a responsible adult and not some dumbass kid will purchase titles from the CAG members selling them. I pray none of you end up in Chargeback Hell like myself (except the chargeback against me is over a Pokemon card... sad).

I have the xbox version. So how does one enable the scene? Is it an action replay download or do I have to put in a long string of codes? Is there a website that explaines all this?

[quote name='danny-o']I could never figure out how to get into the mature ebay stuff. [/QUOTE]

Easy.
Go to Buy
Go to Everything Else
Go to Mature Audiences

[quote name='joshthegreat69']How would the majority of idiots buying this game find the Mature Audiences section?[/QUOTE]

I think they will. Before I had no interest . . . in Mature, I have one bid (open at $9.99) and three watchers.

I have a link to the Hot Coffee mod trailer. It's really not that big of a deal to me, I just think it's funny. PM me if you want the link.

I would post it here but would I get in trouble?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I have a link to the Hot Coffee mod trailer. It's really not that big of a deal to me, I just think it's funny. PM me if you want the link.

I would post it here but would I get in trouble?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sending me the link.

After watching it . . . WTF is the big deal.

You can control characters who blow people's heads off but a little bit of sex (that is hard to get at in the game) causes a major meltdown? I thought San Andreas would be sunk because of the N-word or maybe the F-word . . . certainly violence in war-happy America is no cause for alarm.

bread's done
Back