Silent Hill: The Movie (official thread)

[quote name='ITDEFX']People who laugh at non funny scenes in a non funny movie should be burned at the stake :p. I was more disturbed that amused...the only amusing part with laughing at is when she tells the cop "Don't worry its going to be alright..." or something like that.[/quote]

The whole slicing and exploding ppl using barbed wire thing at the end was so overblown it ended up maiking me laugh. The violence in SH games was never so overblown - Pyramid Head is the grand exception and that's why everyone loves the monster.

Also - the "I heard this place is haunted" line was funny.

[quote name='ITDEFX']People who laugh at non funny scenes in a non funny movie should be burned at the stake :p. I was more disturbed that amused...the only amusing part with laughing at is when she tells the cop "Don't worry its going to be alright..." or something like that.[/quote]

We were laughing because the shit for us made no sense, that everything was funny, especially the car not starting. My friend said "Of course bitch it ain't gonna start, it's a scary movie".

That movie was fucked up. I liked it. Little to gory for my tastes, but it was good. I never finished a SH game and it made sense to me. Hell I only played a little bit of the first. How astute of you for pointing out a cliche plot event. Anyway, good shit, gross shit and needed more nudity.

[quote name='ph33r m3']We were laughing because the shit for us made no sense, that everything was funny, especially the car not starting. My friend said "Of course bitch it ain't gonna start, it's a scary movie".[/QUOTE]

now i would have laughed if I heard someone in the crowd say that.

damn spoiler tags not working for me again...but at this point it shouldn't matter, as people should have already seen the movie by now....any ways i think the most disturbing scene, although not shown but defently implied is when the janitor molested the little girl.....i work with kids every day and i felt very disturbed by that scene. bastard janitor didn't get what he really desevered.

ITDEFX
damn spoiler tags not working for me again...but at this point it shouldn't matter, as people should have already seen the movie by now....any ways i think the most disturbing scene, although not shown but defently implied is when the janitor molested the little girl.....i work with kids every day and i felt very disturbed by that scene. bastard janitor didn't get what he really desevered.

The Hills Have Eyes discussion all over again.....

[quote name='Rags']ITDEFX

The Hills Have Eyes discussion all over again.....[/QUOTE]

lol now your quote tag isn't working lol. Never saw THHE..

[quote name='Rags']ITDEFX

The Hills Have Eyes discussion all over again.....[/quote]

Don't ever mention that movie again, that movie...I was speechless afterwards.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Don't ever mention that movie again, that movie...I was speechless afterwards.[/quote]

For what reason? Disturbing?

[quote name='Kendal']Anyway, good shit, gross shit and needed more nudity.[/quote]

It did need more nudity. When I saw the hot no-name cop actress taking off her jacket I was like rock on! Unfortuantely the acid monster ran out of ammo and her shirt was saved :cry:

WTF Christofer Gans - after all he gave us plenty of tits in Brotherhood of the Wolf.

[quote name='camoor']It did need more nudity. When I saw the hot no-name cop actress taking off her jacket I was like rock on! Unfortuantely the acid monster ran out of ammo and her shirt was saved :cry:

WTF Christofer Gans - after all he gave us plenty of tits in Brotherhood of the Wolf.[/quote]

Well, all the monster nurses were pretty stacked... they'd be hot without the latex face.

Great Movie, felt it showed wut it was like to Experience the games like amibiance and such lots of Gore id give it a 4/5.

As far as plot who knows, but they left it way open for a sequal.

just came back from my second viewing. Im starting to think that the only way to get into silent hill was to shed some blood..... both Rose and the cop were bleeding when they got there (the crashes)

More questions then answers :

WTF happened to Roses car in the real world? The cops said they found it empty but they never pulled it out?

Cybil said she went after a guy who took this kid and dumped him down a coal shute in SH, ok .......... if she was there, why didn't she say anything about the town?

Where the hell where the towns people hiding all this time? and if the church is the only safe place to go when the darkness comes, why venture out?

How does Rose get a hold of all those keys in the school? (may be a deleted scene?)

[quote name='ITDEFX']just came back from my second viewing. Im starting to think that the only way to get into silent hill was to shed some blood..... both Rose and the cop were bleeding when they got there (the crashes)

More questions then answers :

WTF happened to Roses car in the real world? The cops said they found it empty but they never pulled it out?

Cybil said she went after a guy who took this kid and dumped him down a coal shute in SH, ok .......... if she was there, why didn't she say anything about the town?

Where the hell where the towns people hiding all this time? and if the church is the only safe place to go when the darkness comes, why venture out?

How does Rose get a hold of all those keys in the school? (may be a deleted scene?)[/QUOTE]

She got the keys when she was going threw the drawers in the office, also where she got the flash light. Noob!

[quote name='Michaellvortega']She got the keys when she was going threw the drawers in the office, also where she got the flash light. Noob![/QUOTE]
pwned by the guy wearing the feathers :p

Saw it a 2nd time myself and I think the Mother(Rose) made a really bad choice letting the Reaper kill all those cult people. The Little girl's mom told her on the steps to the church that she(Rose) would have to make a difficult choice yada yada yada, but I guess she Rose didn't listen and or care. Now I think the little girl is one again(as opposed to good and evil) and that's what keeps Rose in silent hill/her home.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Saw it a 2nd time myself and I think the Mother(Rose) made a really bad choice letting the Reaper kill all those cult people. The Little girl's mom told her on the steps to the church that she(Rose) would have to make a difficult choice yada yada yada, but I guess she Rose didn't listen and or care. Now I think the little girl is one again(as opposed to good and evil) and that's what keeps Rose in silent hill/her home.[/QUOTE]

put yourself in her situation feather man,

your trapped in a ever changing hellish town. No way out. Cult vs the GR, with you in the middle.

She had no choice but to accept GR's offer. it knew it. I'm glad that rose wasn't given super powers or walking revenge, but more like a carrier to help GR slip into the church.

whats confusing is that, ok..... the fire started 30 some years ago.. the girl was about 8 or 9 when she was burned. yet dark allessa took the good part of her incarnation to the orphanage as a baby. She was adopted and eventually 8-9 years later, rose and sharron go to silent hill. so if I get this right, for nearly 40 years the GR been trying to get into that church all this time?!?!?

[quote name='ITDEFX']whats confusing is that, ok..... the fire started 30 some years ago.. the girl was about 8 or 9 when she was burned. yet dark allessa took the good part of her incarnation to the orphanage as a baby. She was adopted and eventually 8-9 years later, rose and sharron go to silent hill. so if I get this right, for nearly 40 years the GR been trying to get into that church all this time?!?!?[/quote]

However you are assuming that the mist world time marches along parallel to real-world time. However the games make it clear that the mist world doesn't obey the natural laws of real-world time and space, it is in fact a "super-natural" world.

[quote name='camoor']However you are assuming that the mist world time marches along parallel to real-world time. However the games make it clear that the mist world doesn't obey the natural laws of real-world time and space, it is in fact a "super-natural" world.[/QUOTE]

ok...so the towns people burn good allyssa but they fuck up and accidently start the fire unground. Im really suprised that the cult didn't come back to finish the job and therefore gave the GR the chance to make a deal with what was left of her. what of the police in that town, we do see them in the flash back but they just vanished.

so what your saying is that they "the towns people" rose, the cop, and everyone else was stuck between hell and heaven? thats most likely a possiblity.

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok...so the towns people burn good allyssa but they fuck up and accidently start the fire unground. Im really suprised that the cult didn't come back to finish the job and therefore gave the GR the chance to make a deal with what was left of her. what of the police in that town, we do see them in the flash back but they just vanished.

so what your saying is that they "the towns people" rose, the cop, and everyone else was stuck between hell and heaven? thats most likely a possiblity.[/quote]

Damnit! There was no fire underground! That was a cover story.

[quote name='Kayden']Damnit! There was no fire underground! That was a cover story.[/QUOTE]

thats a cheapass cover story....

[quote name='ITDEFX']so what your saying is that they "the towns people" rose, the cop, and everyone else was stuck between hell and heaven? thats most likely a possiblity.[/quote]

Hell is other people.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Nowhere is that more true then Silent Hill. I wouldn't say that they are all officially dead
(after all, people have come out of both the mist and blood rust worlds in the game)
, but the worlds are the creation of a tormented psyche with the help of occult rituals and powerful spiritual constructs/beings. As such they follow the rules set down by the creator - this is most evident in analysis of SH4.

[quote name='nickmad']just saw it tonight and enjoyed it. Red Pyramid was awesome!

kind of confused by the end....[/QUOTE]

The ending will be debated for a long time, that or until either the sequel comes out OR the director talks about it in the commentary on the dvd.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The ending will be debated for a long time, that or until either the sequel comes out OR the director talks about it in the commentary on the dvd.[/quote]

You'd like to think that, but given the subject matter, the director will probably drop some BS line about wanting to leave the ending open to the fans' interpretation in a weak attempt to sound deeply autistic.... er, artistic. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']You'd like to think that, but given the subject matter, the director will probably drop some BS line about wanting to leave the ending open to the fans' interpretation in a weak attempt to sound deeply autistic.... er, artistic. :lol:[/QUOTE]

oh lord, maybe i should be glad M. Night Shamalan didn't do this movie or else the movie would have stopped right as Rose enters the white light (dark alyissa's backstory)...it sure felt like it was going to end right there but good thing it didn't as people would have been pissed :p

I went to see it this afternoon finally.

Piece of shit. Not scary, moderately good aesthetics, but otherwise piss-poor. I didn't find the characters believable, the acting (especially the Gucci cop) totally wooden, and the "horror" was more or less some greasy, filmy "fear of the unknown." It works well for the game, I suppose, but it didn't translate onto film well at all.

I thought the introduction was hokey, too many "metaphysical" aspects simply unexplained, and the scene where elisa tells rose "the truth" to be a dreadfully overused film mechanic (where they stop the whole fucking story for ten minutes so they can begin to cover up the bullshit woven thus far).

Some of the gore was excellent, and in particular I cringed when the woman cop's skin split open above the fire.

At the end of the day, I'd just as much watch Horror Hotel in the comfort of my own home. It's about 65% the same fucking story. I was very disappointed with this farcical attempt at profundity. You know what they say: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance..."

[quote name='mykevermin']I went to see it this afternoon finally.

Piece of shit. Not scary, moderately good aesthetics, but otherwise piss-poor. I didn't find the characters believable, the acting (especially the Gucci cop) totally wooden, and the "horror" was more or less some greasy, filmy "fear of the unknown." It works well for the game, I suppose, but it didn't translate onto film well at all.

I thought the introduction was hokey, too many "metaphysical" aspects simply unexplained, and the scene where elisa tells rose "the truth" to be a dreadfully overused film mechanic (where they stop the whole fucking story for ten minutes so they can begin to cover up the bullshit woven thus far).

Some of the gore was excellent, and in particular I cringed when the woman cop's skin split open above the fire.

At the end of the day, I'd just as much watch Horror Hotel in the comfort of my own home. It's about 65% the same fucking story. I was very disappointed with this farcical attempt at profundity. You know what they say: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance..."[/QUOTE]

well this movie may have had its flaws, but it was better than that crap called RE and RE:A

[quote name='ITDEFX']well this movie may have had its flaws, but it was better than that crap called RE and RE:A[/QUOTE]

Relative good doesn't equate good. I'm glad you liked it, as you got your $7 worth. I got three thirty second naps, and the satisfaction that I no longer have the nagging feeling to see it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Relative good doesn't equate good. I'm glad you liked it, as you got your $7 worth. I got three thirty second naps, and the satisfaction that I no longer have the nagging feeling to see it.[/QUOTE]

more like 10 bucks in NYC do you recall what parts you dozed off on?

bread's done
Back