So Contact is out right now!

[quote name='botticus']Holy hell... for anyone who's having issues dropping their karma for whatever reason: Put on the Shadow Thief outfit and start opening treasure chests. Whether or not they're locked, every time I open one, my karma drops 5 levels. Used to be up in the 90s, now I'm at 66. :whistle2:(

I should also add... playing through Habara with Shadow Thief is hard as hell. I may need to go find some potions and stock up.

And... the Castle just destroyed me. Time to go do some more level-grinding. I was actually able to get by without doing that since the first or second level.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already told you about the karma/chest thing - however, I think it drops regardless of the Shadow Thief outfit when in Habara. It was dropping even when I opened unlocked chests. And this only happens in Habara, not anywhere else it would seem.

I got killed at what I think is the end of the castle, so I am leveling too.

But, in the process, I finally got a girlfriend - woo-hoo! I got the flower one from Caldoaxa. She wants courage at 30, and I just hit that yesterday.

Now, the one on Le Chef Beach wants fame - not sure how much. But I just noticed something important - fame DROPS when you die! I had no idea until I was waiting for it to hit 20, died, then noticed it was 18 or so. At first I assumed you might lose money or something, but when that didn't happen I assumed there were no consequences. Oops... So it might take a while to get the bikini girl :D (if she wants fame to be 30).

I cannot find anything besides the 2 bugs (grasshopper and dragonfly). I'm assuming there are other ones?? The beetle-like bugs only drop those. Where do you get the others?

A tip - go back to Aegis, in front of the 10,000 pyramid. There is a guy there who wants one of each gem. He gives you a
flamberge, which is a 30 attack sword and boosts your fire resistance, which might be good for what I think is the end of the Castle, though no one answered my question about that :D. I mean the fire dragon thing than Mint rides

[quote name='io']Y

A tip - go back to Aegis, in front of the 10,000 pyramid. There is a guy there who wants one of each gem. He gives you a
flamberge, which is a 30 attack sword and boosts your fire resistance, which might be good for what I think is the end of the Castle, though no one answered my question about that :D. I mean the fire dragon thing than Mint rides
[/QUOTE]
yes that is the final boss.

[quote name='io']I cannot find anything besides the 2 bugs (grasshopper and dragonfly). I'm assuming there are other ones?? The beetle-like bugs only drop those. Where do you get the others?[/QUOTE]

At last, something I can help YOU with! You can get at least two other bug species (possibly three...can't rememeber) in the Caldoxa ruins from those pill bug things that spin. They give up beetles and stag beetles.

[quote name='Tybee']At last, something I can help YOU with! You can get at least two other bug species (possibly three...can't rememeber) in the Caldoxa ruins from those pill bug things that spin. They give up beetles and stag beetles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I figured it out last night ;). I actually got them off the beetle things in the cave on Le Chef Beach. Then I gave all the bugs to the girl at Ft. Eagle and she ignored me. I guess I'm not smart enough yet... And I spent a TON of time fighting with one of the staffs that helps your Intelligence go up. Does anyone know what level it needs to be. Apparently it doesn't count if you equip a stat-boosting weapon. My Intelligence was 20, and I had a +20 weapon equipped (something I stole off one of the mages in the final castle).

What I've been doing is fighting in the Shadow Thief outfit with that staff. Then I try to steal items whenever I can - so I'm boosting Intelligence and Theft skills.

OH, and I was also able to fish out the 2nd Treasure Map piece - it was in the sideways tub in Ft. Eagle where one of the save points is (there are 2 tubs there, one to refresh health, the other oriented sideways). Now if I could just find the FIRST piece...

Well, I'm going to give the castle one more shot before going back to level-grind a bit. I had about 20 potions, which let me get to the final boss, but I wasn't quick enough and died after dealing out about a quarter of damage. Got up to 40 potions this time, and throwing on my Nitro suit (losing 50 HP), so hopefully the defense bonus will help.

Tons and tons of sidequests I haven't completed, but I'm going to save those for future playthroughs.

I still have 2 spaces open on my friends list, so if anyone that I haven't already made contact with wants to just shoot me a pm or leave a message.

Crappy ending. Until you keep your DS on a couple minutes after the end screen comes up. :D Then it's a fantastic ending.

15 hours for me with probably another 5 or 10 if I tried to complete/unlock everything.

Since I will be keeping the copy of Children of Mana that I'm picking up from GR tomorrow and returning my EB copy, I guess I will go back to Magical Starsign next.

[quote name='botticus']Crappy ending. Until you keep your DS on a couple minutes after the end screen comes up. :D Then it's a fantastic ending.

15 hours for me with probably another 5 or 10 if I tried to complete/unlock everything.

Since I will be keeping the copy of Children of Mana that I'm picking up from GR tomorrow and returning my EB copy, I guess I will go back to Magical Starsign next.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... Do you mean a few minutes after it says "Fin"? I waited a while and then turned it off. Does something happen after that???

[quote name='io']Ummm... Do you mean a few minutes after it says "Fin"? I waited a while and then turned it off. Does something happen after that???[/quote]Yeah... someone mentioned it earlier, so I made sure to sit around for a few minutes... it was seriously a few minutes.
Mochi turns on the computer and you get a long note from the Professor. Very comical/heartwarming/thought-provoking.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah... someone mentioned it earlier, so I made sure to sit around for a few minutes... it was seriously a few minutes.
Mochi turns on the computer and you get a long note from the Professor. Very comical/heartwarming/thought-provoking.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, Damn, Damn - hopefully you can replay the end again??

So has anybody found a good way to level up the elements in a reasonable amount of time? Weapons weren't too bad, but man getting the spells and the jobs to level takes a ton of grinding.

[quote name='io']Damn, Damn, Damn - hopefully you can replay the end again??[/quote]

Yes, you just have to beat the boss again. I love that ending.

My new router is in and hooked up, so I'm looking make contact if anyone is available--shoot me a PM or leave a message. Thanks!

[quote name='Deiji']Question: How exactly do you get Mochi to roll over, and which suit is the digging suit?[/quote]

With the stylus point to a part of the room a little bit away from Mochi, then drag over him and he should roll over

and the Knuckle Mole suit is the digging suit

[quote name='AK85']With the stylus point to a part of the room a little bit away from Mochi, then drag over him and he should roll over

and the Knuckle Mole suit is the digging suit[/quote]

Oh fo' realz?!

I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Now hopefully I can get the Fisher King costume today.

Is Habara about the middle point of the game? My save time is around 9 hours, so I was wondering how many places I have left to go to.

Finally beat the game today. Took me 15 hours (but I did get all 4 girlfriend) The only thing left to do is the optional bosses, and it shouldnt be that hard if you use the trick.

Edit: beat the first optional boss without taking a hit. Wonder if it is worth the trouble to beat the other bosses and max my stat

I haven't been able to get the karma girlfriend. My karma's at -52, but she still won't join. I keep getting the blue text that she likes me. Does that mean I'm missing a game?

[quote name='grammarxcore']I haven't been able to get the karma girlfriend. My karma's at -52, but she still won't join. I keep getting the blue text that she likes me. Does that mean I'm missing a game?[/QUOTE]
you need at least 1 copy of each game, then 5 more of any other game.

[quote name='grammarxcore']I haven't been able to get the karma girlfriend. My karma's at -52, but she still won't join. I keep getting the blue text that she likes me. Does that mean I'm missing a game?[/quote]

There is one game you don't get from killing people. "Terry the Kid" can be found in a chest that requires Shadow Thief to pick.

[quote name='62t']Finally beat the game today. Took me 15 hours (but I did get all 4 girlfriend) The only thing left to do is the optional bosses, and it shouldnt be that hard if you use the trick.

Edit: beat the first optional boss without taking a hit. Wonder if it is worth the trouble to beat the other bosses and max my stat[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'll have to look at my time, but I think I'm way past that and have only gotten 1 GF (and will never get the -50 Karma one). How did you get the one that wants high intelligence? I've been fighting for the last 4-5 hours with a staff that raises INT, but it is so DAMN slow. I got it over 20, no dice. What does it need to be, and how do you play for only 15 hours and get it up so high?? Same with the one who wants fame - mine is just at 20, don't tell me it needs to be 30. That would be, like, 10 more hours of play without being killed once.

And please tell about these optional bosses and tricks! I still have to do the ending again and see the special thing. The first time I waited a while at the "Blue Screen of Fin" but nothing happened, so I turned it off.

And has anyone gotten all the treasure map pieces? If so, where is the first one, or are they just random fishing items?

I've also spent a TON of time fishing, stealing, and cooking, and have yet to hit level 2 in any of those things. It would be nice to be able to make 3/4 of the damn recipes I have and open those last few chests! What levels do you need in those?

Yeah, I could look in Gamefaqs, but I found too many spoilers last time I did that (I'd like the level 2 treasure chests, etc, to be surprises).

I just beat the game last night and was wondering what optional things that I could do. Any suggestions?

[quote name='io']
I've also spent a TON of time fishing, stealing, and cooking, and have yet to hit level 2 in any of those things. It would be nice to be able to make 3/4 of the damn recipes I have and open those last few chests! What levels do you need in those?

Yeah, I could look in Gamefaqs, but I found too many spoilers last time I did that (I'd like the level 2 treasure chests, etc, to be surprises).[/QUOTE]

I hate to break this to you, but you're going to be trying to get to level 2 for a long time. I think it's level 55 for Shadow thief, and I'm not sure about the others.

This game gets minus points for grinding and being too short. I think the grinding would be less detrimental if the main story were longer.

[quote name='io']Wow, I'll have to look at my time, but I think I'm way past that and have only gotten 1 GF (and will never get the -50 Karma one). How did you get the one that wants high intelligence? I've been fighting for the last 4-5 hours with a staff that raises INT, but it is so DAMN slow. I got it over 20, no dice. What does it need to be, and how do you play for only 15 hours and get it up so high?? Same with the one who wants fame - mine is just at 20, don't tell me it needs to be 30. That would be, like, 10 more hours of play without being killed once.

And please tell about these optional bosses and tricks! I still have to do the ending again and see the special thing. The first time I waited a while at the "Blue Screen of Fin" but nothing happened, so I turned it off.

And has anyone gotten all the treasure map pieces? If so, where is the first one, or are they just random fishing items?

Yeah, I could look in Gamefaqs, but I found too many spoilers last time I did that (I'd like the level 2 treasure chests, etc, to be surprises).[/QUOTE]

If you want to lower karma I would do it now as it is only going to get harder as your karma will be higher.

To raise INT use element base attack like rock

For frame you just kill those sheep enemies in Ft. Eagle

As for the trick with the optional boss, they are very powerful and can kill you in one hit. However with 2 of them you can sort of trap them, getting them stuck in a point where you can hit them but they cant hit you.

You thief skill has to be 70 to open lev 2 chest.

[quote name='62t']If you want to lower karma I would do it now as it is only going to get harder as your karma will be higher.

To raise INT use element base attack like rock

For frame you just kill those sheep enemies in Ft. Eagle

As for the trick with the optional boss, they are very powerful and can kill you in one hit. However with 2 of them you can sort of trap them, getting them stuck in a point where you can hit them but they cant hit you.

You thief skill has to be 70 to open lev 2 chest.[/QUOTE]

RF and 62t, thanks on the level 2 dealie... Yes, major gripe with the game is how unbalanced it is with respect to the skill set progression. You should have unlocked at least 2/3 of them by the time the game ends (and not 1/6 or whatever that I have now). It's fine to leave a bit for "after" the main game, but this is ridiculous. It probably means I'll never bother with it again after I see the "good" ending.

I guess I never even knew that you could cast spells in this game. Part of the problem was I was trying to level the job skills so I am always wearing one of those 3 outfits when fighting and almost never the Knuckle Mole, Nitro, etc... I guess I can play a bit more with one of those to get the INT high. And I guess I'll go kill the sheep in Ft. Eagle while I'm at it - should help for 2 of the girls.

Not sure what you mean by "do it now" on the karma thing as my Karma is currently maxed out at 100. The time to do it is VERY early in the game and you need to start being a badass from the very beginning, I think. Oh well, that's what I get for being a bit ahead of most people on a game (which I rarely am) :D.

OK, thanks to the tips here I was able to level my Intelligence and Fame pretty quickly from 20 to 30. It only took about 1/2 hour of fighting the sleepy sheep things at Ft. Eagle with a Moon Staff (which also helps build up Intelligence) and spells whenever possible. Then I got the other 2 GF's (leaving only the one in Habara off the ship :cry:), and finished the game again to see the good ending.

If there wasn't a wealth of other games to play (not to mention the Wii coming out in less than 2 weeks) I'd play this a bit more to level up and get all the items. But it seems kind of pointless now when it looks like it will take quite a bit of time.

The only thing I probably ought to try for now is the treasure map thing, since I already have 2 pieces.

I heard rumors about additional items available via WiFi, so if anyone finds out about that and wants to connect or reconnect (if that gets anything) just PM me and we can set up a time. I filled up all my slots but never tried removing someone and adding another back in - maybe that gets you nothing, or another of the same item (I gave away that one Sushi so I wouldn't mind getting that back), or even new items.

[quote name='io']OK, thanks to the tips here I was able to level my Intelligence and Fame pretty quickly from 20 to 30. It only took about 1/2 hour of fighting the sleepy sheep things at Ft. Eagle with a Moon Staff (which also helps build up Intelligence) and spells whenever possible. Then I got the other 2 GF's (leaving only the one in Habara off the ship :cry:), and finished the game again to see the good ending.

If there wasn't a wealth of other games to play (not to mention the Wii coming out in less than 2 weeks) I'd play this a bit more to level up and get all the items. But it seems kind of pointless now when it looks like it will take quite a bit of time.

The only thing I probably ought to try for now is the treasure map thing, since I already have 2 pieces.

I heard rumors about additional items available via WiFi, so if anyone finds out about that and wants to connect or reconnect (if that gets anything) just PM me and we can set up a time. I filled up all my slots but never tried removing someone and adding another back in - maybe that gets you nothing, or another of the same item (I gave away that one Sushi so I wouldn't mind getting that back), or even new items.[/quote]

Wait, there's a good ending?! How do you get it, if ya don't mind me asking?

[quote name='Deiji']Wait, there's a good ending?! How do you get it, if ya don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, bad choice of words - I simply meant waiting for (what seemed like) a long long time after the "Fin" screen comes up to see the additional (ie, good) content. The first time I finished I turned it off after a few minutes of the "Fin" screen.

[quote name='io']Sorry, bad choice of words - I simply meant waiting for (what seemed like) a long long time after the "Fin" screen comes up to see the additional (ie, good) content. The first time I finished I turned it off after a few minutes of the "Fin" screen.[/quote]

Ah ok. Would've been interesting to see what else Atlus would have thrown in.

[quote name='Deiji']Ah ok. Would've been interesting to see what else Atlus would have thrown in.[/QUOTE]
you mean grasshopper as Atlus is only the publisher.

This game gets minus points for grinding and being too short. I think the grinding would be less detrimental if the main story were longer.
Totally agree. $26 shipped for my copy if anyone's interested.

I haven't gotten around to making Contact with anyone yet. I'd be up for it later this week.

So, I just beat Ft. Eagle...how many more hours am I lookin' at, do you guys think?

Sounds good.

What should I invest the most time into leveling up? Bladed weapons or Blunt weapons? I was first starting out just using my fists, as I tend to like characters like that (like Final Fantasy monks.) But I was getting my ass kicked in the caves of La Naked Chef or whatever. So I found a bat and have been using that.

And about combat, do I just sit there and let him attack while occasionally throwing in some techs? Or is there a way to block/dodge the enemies?

[quote name='yukine']Sounds good.

What should I invest the most time into leveling up? Bladed weapons or Blunt weapons? I was first starting out just using my fists, as I tend to like characters like that (like Final Fantasy monks.) But I was getting my ass kicked in the caves of La Naked Chef or whatever. So I found a bat and have been using that.

And about combat, do I just sit there and let him attack while occasionally throwing in some techs? Or is there a way to block/dodge the enemies?[/QUOTE]
It really dosent matter because once you beat the game you can level up all your weapon skill easily. I would stick with blunt because you can get some pretty good hammer type weapon. If you level up your fist to 60, you learn a move death blow that can kill most enemies in one hit. (probably a lot easier to learn once you beat the game)

Yeah, I haven't made contact with anyone else yet, either. I haven't gotten too far in this game yet because Elite Beat Agents has consumed my gaming time recently. Hoping to get to more of this game and Clubhouse Games soon. It's too bad so many good games had to come out at the same time, not enough time for them all.

Yeah, I'm still looking to contact someone, too.

Let me know when you guys want to set it up and I'll make sure to be on.

I just got to Ft. Eagle too, so I'm not real far either. Been playing FFXII mostly.

Just finished the game. I have to say that it was money well spent, it sucks that it really didn't catch on (at least with my gamer friends), I can only hope that they make another one, or something similar.

let's make contact!

I'm also at Ft. Eagle or whatever it's called.

here's my info

1289 3240 8245

I nearly William Shatnered myself in laughter when the Prof. said :

"Weaksauce, as they say!"

Would someone mind telling me where all the friends are located on WiFiIsland? I can't seem to find one.

[quote name='Deiji']Would someone mind telling me where all the friends are located on WiFiIsland? I can't seem to find one.[/quote]It's a pretty decent maze. If you have 8 people contacted, it's pretty easy to stumble on someone, otherwise you have to go through every nook and cranny of that cave to find someone.

[quote name='botticus']It's a pretty decent maze. If you have 8 people contacted, it's pretty easy to stumble on someone, otherwise you have to go through every nook and cranny of that cave to find someone.[/quote]

In all honesty, I'm just looking for the second-to-last person in the cave.

Hep me, Hep me!

I was doing fine until Ft Eagle. I talk to the old guy with the dog at the campfire. Terry and the old guy take a stroll to where I assume is his home. When we get to the entrance at the bottom of the screen, the old man says he wonders where Hunt (the dog) is and can we go look for him.

The dog is still at the campfire. And he refuses to budge. Is there something I need to do to get the dog to join us?

I don't know if it's related or not, but the screen before the campfire, there is a guy who is looking for something but I haven't found anything on this island so far. ???

[quote name='guinaevere']Hep me, Hep me!

I was doing fine until Ft Eagle. I talk to the old guy with the dog at the campfire. Terry and the old guy take a stroll to where I assume is his home. When we get to the entrance at the bottom of the screen, the old man says he wonders where Hunt (the dog) is and can we go look for him.

The dog is still at the campfire. And he refuses to budge. Is there something I need to do to get the dog to join us?

I don't know if it's related or not, but the screen before the campfire, there is a guy who is looking for something but I haven't found anything on this island so far. ???[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the soldier looking for something wants an army knife. I missed giving that to him (he is gone after you finish Ft Eagle). Apparently you get a weapon that you can't otherwise get in the game.

As for the dog, I don't really remember. I know you have to get him to follow you and it is a pain because he often gets stuck and if you get too far ahead he goes back to the campfire. Just try talking to him, then see if he follows??

Yeah, io has it right- just touch the dog to get him to follow you. When you're navigating the maps don't get too far ahead of either companion and you should be fine.

Thanks guys. I had touched the dog about a million times. For whatever reason, he wouldn't follow. I left Ft Eagle and went back the Deserted Isle (picked a location at random) then sailed back. Sure enough, Hunt followed no problem.

*shrugs*

And yes, the Army dude at the first screen on Ft Eagle was looking for an Army Knife.

bread's done
Back