Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ansé Solis']Say what you will about how the sale went, but the entire, "people are just waiting until the last day to buy all that stuff not in the daily deals" was apparently just bullshit.

*Thumbs up.*

Now some of you people may say you have the right to buy whatever they want. And you would be correct. You do have the right to buy whatever they want. Just like I have the right to bitch about anyone who can't see past their own noses. That or they're too stupid to look past the front page and scour for great deals that were equal to anything on the daily deals.
[/QUOTE]
Did it ever occur to you that some of us already own most of the games you just bought? Or maybe looked and decided against them? Congrats on finally picking them up though. Should be fun.

Puzzle Chronicles
iWin Jewel Quest Collection
Yard Sale
iWin Mahjong Collection
Mystery P.I. - Lost in Los Angeles
PopCap Complete Pack
Mishap: An Accidental Haunting (not actually on sale, but I went ahead and bought it anyway)
SFI Complete Pack - Summer Sale 2011
Nancy Drew Collector Pack - Summer Sale 2011
Painkiller Complete Pack - Summer Sale 2011 (RoW)
Unreal Gold
NightShift Code
Valerie Porter
Sega Classics: Crack Down
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
Summer Sale Prize - Portal 2 Item
Summer Sale Prize - Killing Floor DLC
Poker Night
Gothic Complete Pack
King's Bounty: Collection
Killing Floor
Left 4 Dead
Summer Sale Prize - Homefront DLC
Wings of Prey
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Summer Sale Prize - Beat Hazard DLC
Beat Hazard Complete
Nation Red
Summer Sale Prize - Zombie Driver DLC
Zombie Driver
Homefront
Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
Fallout: New Vegas
Alpha Protocol
Star Wars Collection - Summer 2011
Two Worlds II
Summer Sale Prize - Team Fortress 2 Item
Saints Row 2 (from amazon, but it's steamworks, and I bought it during the sale, so I'm counting it)
Torchlight
MumboJumbo Complete - June 2011
Stubbs the Zombie
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2
Madballs in... Babo:Invasion
Team Fortress 2 - In-Game Upgrade
Summer Sale Prize - Alien Breed 2
The Heroes Pack
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem DLC
Meridian 4 Complete Pack - Summer Sale 2011
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Square Complete Pack - Feb 2011 (NA)
Super ID Software Pack
Spectromancer + League of Heroes + Truth and Beauty

I, um, might have gone a wee bit overboard...

My haul:
Back to the Future
Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money and Honest Hearts DLCs
Beat Hazard DLCs
C&C: Red Alert 3
Lara Croft and the Guardians of Light
Terraria (x2)
P.A.M.
Just Cause 2 + 4 DLC
The Mawesome Pack

Ticket Items:
Monday Night Combat Summer Gear
AaAaAA!!! Brutal Concussion Levels (Insanely hard!)
Beat Hazard Golden Ship
TF2 Summer Shades
Portal 2 Goo Gear Snorkels
Alien Breed 2: Assault

Seeing this all listed out, I think I was a lot less restrained than I initially thought. I've spent the week thinking I hadn't really bought much, which likely led to me justifying further purchases. Ah well, good deals all around. I'm sort of sad the sale is over. It's like the day after Christmas.

[quote name='mietha']...
I, um, might have gone a wee bit overboard...[/QUOTE]

Steam sales tend to have that effect! :)

Daily Deals:
Back to the Future: The Game = $12.49
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER = $2.50
SpaceChem = $5.09
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood = $19.99
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money = $2.99
Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts = $2.99
RUSE DLC2+DLC3 = $5.76
AI War: Alien Bundle = $4.49
Beat Hazard: Ultra = $1.24
King Arthur Roleplaying Wargame: The Druids = $1.50
Jamestown = $4.99
Sanctum (4-pack) = $2.47
Terraria (4-pack) = $1.88

Other/Last Day Buys:
Alien Breed 2: Assault = $0.00
Puzzle Agent 1+2 = $8.99
Nation Red (4-pack) = $2.55
Harvest: Massive Encounter = $2.50
Anomaly: Warzone Earth = $4.99 USD
Spectromancer + League of Heroes + Truth and Beauty = $4.99 USD

Total = $92.40! :whee:

You win again Steam!

I did good, only mistake was buying RIFT for 19.99 when it became a daily deal for 9.99

Rift: 19.99
Hoard: 2.25
Torchlight: 3.xx
Trine: 1.99
Magicka: 2.55
Defense Grid: 3.xx

All told, just over 30 spent...

[quote name='joeyshadows']Is it weird to have neglected all the other games that I bought because terraria is so addicting?[/QUOTE]

No, but wondering if you've neglected a game, which doesn't have thoughts, feelings, or emotions... THAT'S weird!!! :D

Final Haul:

Eets - 2.50 USD
Aquaria - 5.00 USD
The Mawesome Pack - 2.99 USD
Eversion - 2.49 USD
VVVVVV - 2.49 USD
Ben There, Dan That!/Time Gentlemen, Please! - 1.24 USD
Tiny Bang Story - 3.40 USD
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time - 1.25 USD
Zen Bound 2 - 1.00 USD
Rush - 1.24 USD
Flight Control HD - 1.25 USD
Penny Arcade Combo Pack - 1.80 USD

Empire and Napoleon: Total War - Game of the Year Edition - 10.19 USD
Universe Sandbox - 4.99 USD

King's Bounty: Collection - 6.99 USD
Atom Zombie Smasher - 2.99 USD

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - 8.74 USD

Torchlight - 2.99 USD

SpaceChem - 5.09 USD

Grand Total of $68.63

Way more then I planed on spending, I wanted to keep my spending to around $20-30. Prior to the sale I was hoping for SpaceChem, Atom Zombie Smasher, some sort of Total War pack, Fate of the World, and a King's Bounty pack. I was a bit disappointed Fate of the World wasn't a daily but other then that most of what I wanted was a daily. In the end though I just couldn't resist that Stalker bundle and all those indie games, that's what really killed my wallet.

As for disappointments and regrets, so far I'm regretting Atom Zombie Smasher and Universe Sandbox. Atom Zombie Smasher is just too damn hard and wasn't really what I expected it to be. I really hate the fact that on my second campaign I won met the goal for people rescued on every single city I played, yet still lost the campaign by a lot. That game just has a lot of poor design decisions and issues. Somewhere deep down though I think there is a good game trying to get out. At least it was only $3 and I did manage to get 3 hours out of it so it could be worse. Universe Sandbox I'm afraid I'll never use, but it still does seem neat and hopefully I can find a use for it still. I wish I would have jumped on Recettearr, Dragon Age Ultimate, and the Oblivion bundle. I thought for sure Dragon Age and Oblivion would be back on the last day. As for Recettear unfortunately it was a daily really early on and I didn't want to spend much until I knew I had enough to get the other stuff I wanted.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Say what you will about how the sale went, but the entire, "people are just waiting until the last day to buy all that stuff not in the daily deals" was apparently just bullshit.

*Thumbs up.*

Now some of you people may say you have the right to buy whatever they want. And you would be correct. You do have the right to buy whatever they want. Just like I have the right to bitch about anyone who can't see past their own noses. That or they're too stupid to look past the front page and scour for great deals that were equal to anything on the daily deals.

See you in the winter.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, by then you'll have found a way to pull that stick out. If you haven't noticed, people are still discussing last minute purchases. Others, meanwhile, have already spent their budget. And many of us already have several of the games that you believe yourself so cool for having purchased just now.

Anyways, last night I caved and picked up the Broken Sword and Fallout packs for another $16 bucks total. I'm officially done now with a grand total of about $120.

My damage:

Borderlands DLC Pack
Lume
Terraria
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Mafia
Worms Reloaded: The "Pre-order Forts and Hats" DLC Pack
Worms Reloaded
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Flight Control HD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Gumboy Tournament
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Doom 3 Pack
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Darksiders
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Specact DLC
JC2 Black Market Boom Pack
JC2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack
JC2 DLC - Chevalier Classic
Guns of Icarus
Starwars Battlefront II
Grand Theft Auto Classics
Garry's Mod
Rag Doll Kung Fu

Don't even want to get into the cost. I'm up to over 300 games on Steam now, I hope medicine figures out a way to extend our lives to age 1000+, since that's how long my backlog is now. At least my son has the time to play these...

Someone should design a site that takes your steam games and calculates the amount of time it would take to finish your purchased games. You could mark which ones you want calculated in and which ones you finished/time into playing. The game lengths would be reported by users, or if you steam allows devs to access the time played data use this for games users report they finished.

Would save people a lot of money when they see hundreds of hours of games they are never going to play no matter how many times they make posts about their backlog.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Someone should design a site that takes your steam games and calculates the amount of time it would take to finish your purchased games. You could mark which ones you want calculated in and which ones you finished/time into playing. The game lengths would be reported by users, or if you steam allows devs to access the time played data use this for games users report they finished.

Would save people a lot of money when they see hundreds of hours of games they are never going to play no matter how many times they make posts about their backlog.[/QUOTE]
Lmao yeah like the average gameplay times for each game. Steam should have statistics on gameplay completion times for many games based on the save's recorded total time. The average would be more varied on less linear games like the Grand Theft Autos, but more accurate for the more linear ones with set objectives like Doom 3,etc.

Well I think I'm through with this sale.

Some good return sales, but still no GTA:Classics, Trine, Terraria for $2.50, or Oblivion GOTY+DLCs for $8. :) Got all those but Terraria.
Don't have the Borderlands, but I don't know if I'd play it much having these 2 New Vegas DLCs. I think I'm more of a New Vegas fan anyways.

I find it funny, the last day the steam sale ends my gf breaks up with me and then says I spend too much on video games (actually she believes I spend all my money on them which is untrue at all, but hey some people can be crazy). :lol: It's funny because I don't drink, go out to eat, buy expensive clothes, so yeah I have a lot of spare change for CD's and Video games. Oh well.

My hoard
Alien Breed- Free
Amnesia- (trade for a worms key)
Receteer- $5
Beat Hazard- $3.49 with all dlc
Command and Conquer 3 (both versions)- $10
Heroes of Might and Magic V pack- $5
Doom Pack- $7.25
Empire and Napoleon Total War- $10
GTA Classics- $7.50
Killing Floor- $5 (I think the non dlc version was $5)
King Arthur Collection- $5
Quake Pack- $7.50
Serious Sam Gold- $8
Star Wars Kotor: $2.50
Trine- $2
Penny Arcade Pack and VVVVVV- (trade for a worms key)
Worms Reloaded- $9 roughly when things all worked out.

Final Cost- $96
This was my first real Steam Sale so yeah I went big but fuck, I got a shitload of stuff I always wanted and some stuff that looks good.

Who wants to trade Terraria for Two World II? Only jokin'. I still can't decide if I want Two World II. I've spent a little over $20, I'm not sure if I can squeeze in $17 more.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I find it funny, the last day the steam sale ends my gf breaks up with me and then says I spend too much on video games (actually she believes I spend all my money on them which is untrue at all, but hey some people can be crazy). :lol: It's funny because I don't drink, go out to eat, buy expensive clothes, so yeah I have a lot of spare change for CD's and Video games. Oh well.
[/QUOTE]

This is for you.
http://youtu.be/6KhUnu0T7G0?t=12s

Thoughts on:

TellTale Pack for $50: Already have Monkey Island and Puzzle Agent 1. Should I save my money for winter sale in hopes of Jurassic Park being added? I have a huge backlog as well....

Battlefield:BC2: Seems this sale has been me spreading my wings and venturing into the unknown of MP games. (Picked up Killing Floor, Monday Night Combat, and Magicka :lol:) Always been distant with any War MP games. Dont feel like getting spank all the time so to speak. So how is B:BC2 for a newb to MP? Is is worth a gamble for me? I Vietnam worth a pickup as well or should I focus on base game first to see if I even like MP? Thoughts for a older (seasoned) MP newb?

Assassin's Creed Collector Pack @ 27.19: From what I hear the deluxe version of AC:B is included in this. I feel if I miss this now the pack will be much more expensive at winter sale due to AC:Revelations probably being added then. Not sure I want to pay a premium for Revelations so close to its release. Anyone else in the same dilemma?

Thanks

Dang, I didn't know Oblivion GOTY Deluxe was only a couple more bucks than vanilla GOTY. That's the version I wanted, as I hadn't yet played any of the other DLC besides Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. Shoulda paid closer attention.

Oh well, I am new to PC gaming and having a lot of fun trying out different mods. Nehrim is almost like a totally different game, and it keeps me on my toes when you actually have to conserve resources, use your shield, and just generally have a strategy before you go out exploring.

My haul was meager, but should keep me busy for many hours.

Oblivion GOTY
Company of Heroes
Terraria

The only problem now is that I realize how crappy my laptop is for gaming. I may have to build out a better gaming rig, and will have a bastard of a time trying to sell that idea to the wife.

Ughh I want to get a few more games but my backlog is so big that I probably won't.

I still want:

Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Stubbs the Zombie
The Longest Journey/Dreamfall
realMyst
Syberia 1+2

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I find it funny, the last day the steam sale ends my gf breaks up with me and then says I spend too much on video games (actually she believes I spend all my money on them which is untrue at all, but hey some people can be crazy). :lol: It's funny because I don't drink, go out to eat, buy expensive clothes, so yeah I have a lot of spare change for CD's and Video games. Oh well.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that mate. Someone with a picture of ziltoid the omniscient doesn't deserve that. No one does, really, but I just had to point out your pic :p (Devin Townsend FTW)

But oh well... at least now you've got plenty of time to actually play all those games you bought :D

*Thumbs up.*

[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, get off your fucking high horse already.

[quote name='henryVIII']Dang, I didn't know Oblivion GOTY Deluxe was only a couple more bucks than vanilla GOTY. That's the version I wanted, as I hadn't yet played any of the other DLC besides Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. Shoulda paid closer attention.
[snip][/QUOTE]
Hmm.. I've heard people who supposedly bought the wrong Oblivion pack, contacted support, and informing support that they had bought the wrong item as they had meant to buy the deluxe edition. Supposedly it works. But as the sale will be ending in less than an hour, I'm not sure if you'll make it in time with Steam support.

[quote name='henryVIII']The only problem now is that I realize how crappy my laptop is for gaming. I may have to build out a better gaming rig, and will have a bastard of a time trying to sell that idea to the wife.[/QUOTE]
And once you get a gaming PC and the next Steam sales event lurks around.. you may as well forfeit your bank account to Valve. :lol:

[quote name='immanewb']Hmm.. I've heard people who supposedly bought the wrong Oblivion pack, contacted support, and informing support that they had bought the wrong item as they had meant to buy the deluxe edition. Supposedly it works. But as the sale will be ending in less than an hour, I'm not sure if you'll make it in time with Steam support.
[/QUOTE]

No it does not work. I tried Steam custom support and they said once bought there is nothing they can do. I bought the wrong one too.

*Thumbs up.*

[/QUOTE]

And just why are you so butthurt about it?

BTW did you buy the Stronghold Pack? If not then STFU and begone. Stronghold is awesome and you and your huge list are not.

See how rediculous that ^ sounds? Now look at your own post and go shame yourself.

[quote name='immanewb']And once you get a gaming PC and the next Steam sales event lurks around.. you may as well forfeit your bank account to Valve. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah the only thing that held me back from buying more was the fact that my PC couldn't run the games.

Perhaps finally delving into the PC gaming realm was not a wise choice as far as my wallet is concerned. Now its only whetted my appetite for more.

[quote name='eagles5769']No it does not work. I tried Steam custom support and they said once bought there is nothing they can do. I bought the wrong one too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I won't even bother then. Not a huge deal. I really only bought it to have some fun with the mods.

Went ahead and grabbed all the DLC for Magicka for $6. Steam continues to amaze me. Now if there was some way they could sell me time to play the games that I continue to purchase.

One full-priced retail game ($50-$60) is where I usually end up in terms of Steam sale budget and really with the amount of absolute shit that publishers try to sell at that price I never feel bad about buying something in collector mode only to not touch it for months/years.

I purchased Call of Pripyat only to end up downloading it, applying the Complete mod for it, playing it for a few minutes to get a feel for it, and then deleting it until I complete the first game.

I'm still going to play it but it's not going to haunt me when it was only $4 in the first place.

On another note I am totally digging Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines but I'm kicking myself for not just purchasing it on day one of the sale. I don't care about Vampire crap and I wouldn't even watch any of the silly shows about them were it not for my woman but this game is a humorous Deus Ex with bloodsuckers and it makes me happy to eat random people on the streets and make others vomit blood while I shoot them in the face.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Who wants to trade Terraria for Two World II? Only jokin'. I still can't decide if I want Two World II. I've spent a little over $20, I'm not sure if I can squeeze in $17 more.[/QUOTE]

I wait til the Holidays. Could be $10.

[quote name='jester55']Thoughts on:

TellTale Pack for $50: Already have Monkey Island and Puzzle Agent 1. Should I save my money for winter sale in hopes of Jurassic Park being added? I have a huge backlog as well....

Battlefield:BC2: Seems this sale has been me spreading my wings and venturing into the unknown of MP games. (Picked up Killing Floor, Monday Night Combat, and Magicka :lol:) Always been distant with any War MP games. Dont feel like getting spank all the time so to speak. So how is B:BC2 for a newb to MP? Is is worth a gamble for me? I Vietnam worth a pickup as well or should I focus on base game first to see if I even like MP? Thoughts for a older (seasoned) MP newb?

Assassin's Creed Collector Pack @ 27.19: From what I hear the deluxe version of AC:B is included in this. I feel if I miss this now the pack will be much more expensive at winter sale due to AC:Revelations probably being added then. Not sure I want to pay a premium for Revelations so close to its release. Anyone else in the same dilemma?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I was in the same situation. I already had Monkey Island and Strong Bad, looked at Telltale Complete, and realized I would only want BttF and Sam and Max. Both were dailies for $12.50 so I passed on complete and picked up Sam and Max. Assassin's Creed I also took a pass on because I know that Brotherhood's going to drop in price, so the next time it's on sale even if they add another game, I can pick up all three separate for less.

I wouldn't recommend BC2 to someone who is just getting into FPS multiplayer gaming. The learning curve is a bit rough, especially if you don't buy the DLC to start with your class unlocks.

I am also apparently the only person who didn't really like VVVVVV. Plenty of cheap games I would recommend over it (Flight Control, Faerie Solitaire, Toki Tori, to name a few)

[quote name='VexxedCS']I realize that, but with Steam's servers being crap today I figured I'd DL it from Amazon. The Amazon DL was over 7gb, then when you install it forces you to activate on Steam, yet Steam immediately starts downloading something that's just under 5gb...

So if the install is linked to Steam, why wouldn't Steam recognize that the game is already installed? Why is the Steam file 2gb smaller?

Just to be clear on what I'm dealing with here: If someone without Steam were to buy the game from Amazon as a DD, they would spend time and bandwidth downloading 7gb worth of game only to be forced to boot up Steam and download it again to be able to play it? That seems either completely borked, or I'm downloading a ridiculously sized update. Can anyone who only got the game through Steam verify the file size?[/QUOTE]

Hey VexxedCS - I can't verify the size for you, but I can explain what's going on. Is the same thing that happens when you buy a game in the store and then activate it in Steam. Like, say, L4D2, Civ 5, or COD Black Ops. When the publisher minted the CDs, it was the "gone gold" 1.0 release of the game. This is what Amazon has for DD, too.

Since release, there's been numerous patches to the game. Patches replace previous bits of code, and some developers are more surgical about how they patch. Valve, for instance, seems to work hard to minimize the size of their patches, only replacing the files that must be replaced, because they have a vested interest in the downloads being small (less bandwidth usage for Steam). Other devs don't care so much - some patches are a complete carpet bombing of the original game. That is the easiest way to patch, after all.

So your 7 GB was the original installation, and the 5 GB that followed from Steam was the cumulative patching since release.

As a rule, the smallest download is the one from Steam, because they always offer the very newest release. but you couldn't have known that the patches would be so huge before installing the base game that you from Amazon. And since Steam's servers have been so slow lately, who could blame you for using the Amazon installer first anyway, right?

If it's any consolation, I'm finding that the download speed from Steam improves if you just leave the game to d/l for a bit. Hope you got your 5 GB quickly. Peace.

Total purchases during the Summer Sale:
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Audiosurf
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
BioShock 2
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
Counter-Strike: Source
Counter-Strike: Source Beta (?)
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto IV
HOARD
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lead and Gold - Gangs of the Wild West
Left 4 Dead 2
Magicka
Monday Night Combat
Nation Red
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Ricochet
RUSH
Sanctum
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds: Survivor
Toki Tori
Trine

My prizes:
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity: Brutal Concussion
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4
Killing Floor: Steampunk Character Pack
Magicka: The Lonely Cruise
Monday Night Combat: Summer Gear
Team Fortress 2: Summer Shades

[quote name='Genocidal']I was in the same situation. I already had Monkey Island and Strong Bad, looked at Telltale Complete, and realized I would only want BttF and Sam and Max. Both were dailies for $12.50 so I passed on complete and picked up Sam and Max. Assassin's Creed I also took a pass on because I know that Brotherhood's going to drop in price, so the next time it's on sale even if they add another game, I can pick up all three separate for less.

I wouldn't recommend BC2 to someone who is just getting into FPS multiplayer gaming. The learning curve is a bit rough, especially if you don't buy the DLC to start with your class unlocks.

I am also apparently the only person who didn't really like VVVVVV. Plenty of cheap games I would recommend over it (Flight Control, Faerie Solitaire, Toki Tori, to name a few)[/QUOTE]
Thanks

[quote name='toldawg128']There's a demo for it. I didn't like the controls.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I thought this had a mac version, but I was wrong! I think I'll give the $5 I saved to the next homeless person I see.

[quote name='Genocidal']
I am also apparently the only person who didn't really like VVVVVV. Plenty of cheap games I would recommend over it (Flight Control, Faerie Solitaire, Toki Tori, to name a few)[/QUOTE]

You might be :D... I love VVVVVV. One of the best soundtracks EVER! I have always been a fan of difficult platformers though ;)...

Had my eye on a few games to get last minute, but I think I will hold off and see what steam has up their sleeve this Thanksgiving. Backlog is already MASSIVE!

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. Your input was received and appreciated.

And a BIG thanks to steam. Thanks for making PC gaming as affordable as possible!

I wish XBLA would take a hint from steam and run better deals. Discount those ancient games!

games
borderlands goty 5.64
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale $5,.00
Anomaly: Warzone Earth $4.99
Defense grid dlc $0.96
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition $10.20
beat hazard dlc + ai war dlc $3.57 total
jamestown $4.99
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall 6.24
Project Freedom $1.49
Fate of the World $4.99
$48.07
jamestown anomaly beat hazard ultra have enjoyed so far.

Tickets
ai war dlc
beat hazard ship
spacechem dlc
fate of the world dlc
winter voices dlc
alien breed 2 oh why not get the free game.

Tiny Bang Story decided to wait till I've finished machinarium
terraria was expecting to hit daily for $5 and me to not buy it, so missed the 2.50 price so didn't buy it.

[quote name='Wolfmight']Lmao yeah like the average gameplay times for each game. Steam should have statistics on gameplay completion times for many games based on the save's recorded total time. The average would be more varied on less linear games like the Grand Theft Autos, but more accurate for the more linear ones with set objectives like Doom 3,etc.

Well I think I'm through with this sale.

Some good return sales, but still no GTA:Classics, Trine, Terraria for $2.50, or Oblivion GOTY+DLCs for $8. :) Got all those but Terraria.
Don't have the Borderlands, but I don't know if I'd play it much having these 2 New Vegas DLCs. I think I'm more of a New Vegas fan anyways.[/QUOTE]

not sure but some of the really old gta games might be free now like the first couple C&C games.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']One full-priced retail game ($50-$60) is where I usually end up in terms of Steam sale budget and really with the amount of absolute shit that publishers try to sell at that price I never feel bad about buying something in collector mode only to not touch it for months/years.

I purchased Call of Pripyat only to end up downloading it, applying the Complete mod for it, playing it for a few minutes to get a feel for it, and then deleting it until I complete the first game.

I'm still going to play it but it's not going to haunt me when it was only $4 in the first place.

On another note I am totally digging Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines but I'm kicking myself for not just purchasing it on day one of the sale. I don't care about Vampire crap and I wouldn't even watch any of the silly shows about them were it not for my woman but this game is a humorous Deus Ex with bloodsuckers and it makes me happy to eat random people on the streets and make others vomit blood while I shoot them in the face.[/QUOTE]

I am basically new to PC gaming and spent several hundred in the steam sale (and bought both games you mentioned). Is there a go to site to check what mods are must add for games? I played Deus Ex back in the day and found out there were mods for that as well. Then saw the icenhancer mod for GTAIV and was blown away. Some of these mods are more appealing than any other benefit of PC over console.

[quote name='jester55']Thoughts on:

Thanks[/QUOTE]

bad company 2 isn't too terrible for new people, i just started playing it on the pc. they have a decent amount of servers for new people, most people are pretty nice and give tips. I say go for it

Well my haul, very happy with my log now lol

Poker night at the inventory: $3.33
Dawn of War 2: Retribution: $7.49
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum: $6.79
Terraria: $2.49
Empire and Napoleon: Total War - GOTY: $10.19
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: $4.00
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising: $4.00
Company of Heroes Complete Pack: $12.49
Atom Zombie Smasher: $2.99
King Arthur Collection: $4.50
Tropico 3 Gold: $4.99
Torchlight: $2.99
Magicka Complete: $8.49

Total: $74.74

Ticket Prizes

TF2 glasses
Magicka DLC
Dawn of War 2: Retribution DLC
Guardians of Graxia DLC

[quote name='vlv723']And just like that, everything is back to normal. =([/QUOTE]

Thank goodness. Stopped me from impulse buys that I won't have time to play. :D

Hopefully download speeds will be back to normal as well.

I was very proud of myself. Picked up:

Red Alert 3: Uprising
Defense Grid.
Used 4 tickets for a DLC for Defense Grid.

Stuff I SERIOUSLY contemplated:
Mount and Blade (Sort of regretting not getting that)
Dragon Age: Ultimate (Thinking this will get cheaper.)
Kings Bounty. (I have a ton of games like this...)

If I can knock out 1 of the 2 I purchased, I will jump at one of those 3 next sale.

Seriously, you all did a GREAT job reviewing games and helping me make my decisions. Thanks a TON!!

Just bought Assasins Creed II ($7.50, been waiting for a nice price for a few sales) and Civ 5 (For around $11 on a sale outside steam). I'm definitely getting wiser. Why buy something I won't play?

Other game I wanted to buy was Resident Evil 5, but that needs to be under $10. :D

[quote name='PenguinJim']Where is Steam's 24-hour Daily Deal?! D:[/QUOTE]

hopefully over because they did enough wallet rape in the past week and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back