Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, should I wait for it to be really cheap or for it to be in a Konami Humble Bundle?
My opinion? You? You should wait for the bundle. I paid $6 for it and don't know how I feel about it.

What kind of huge files are you moving between devices that necessitates a 64gb usb drive? Just curious. I find it easier to use cloud storage since most of the stuff I need to move/access across devices is relatively small stuff like pictures, mp3s, documents, and the like.
Well, the 64gb was/is actually going to be a 'hard drive' for my tablet. There are utilities available that will make windows see USB drives as fixed, allowing for installs and the like (steam and a few older games was the idea). Windows takes up a lot of space and the 32gb internal storage on that tablet isn't really all that much when all is said and done. Install the free Office 360 on it and you're more than half full.

Yes it has an SD card slot, but that is where I was planning on storing my media - comics, movies, books, MP3s, etc.

I really don't like to rely solely on cloud storage for things since I often take a tablet (currently my nook or touchpad) with me when I take my gf shopping or whatever (she doesn't drive) and I never know if I'll have wifi access.

I was really just planning on covering my bases with the USB. When I bought it I think the 64gb was like $5 more than the 32gb so it was a no-brainer... of course 3 months later I still haven't pulled the trigger on the tablet so maybe the jokes on me.

I wasn't really suggesting he get the 64gb for his wife unless he planned on doing something similar. But having a full-sized USB (in addition to a micro) on a tablet is very useful as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Origin steam machine, any chance you can install origin on a steam machine?

ss_b1df07378edc53fc6d53a0a9867edaef2cb1e6d8.1920x1080.jpg

In fact, I'm gonna spend my morning at work figuring out which case that's based on.
I know this isn't the direction that comment was intended to go in, but I have to say, I've become a bit obsessed with the cube case form factor. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm tired of the typical tower design or not, but every aspect of the cube I find more appealing. Maybe it's the symmetry or the segregation of components. I never did like letting my peas mingle with their neighboring mashed potatoes.

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out, the image is of the older Origin Chronos inside a Silverstone SG08 case.

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out, the image is of the older Origin Chronos inside a Silverstone SG08 case.
I knew it was a SilverStone, but couldn't put my finger on which one! They've done some other work for Origin as well I think.

Re: cubes, I like them too. I'm about to pick up a Bitfenix Phenom to build my NAS in, but other stuff like the Corsair Air 240 also floats my boat.

I've got a Cooler Master Elite 130 at the moment for my HTPC but it's not a looker. Can't wait to get rid of it.

I knew it was a SilverStone, but couldn't put my finger on which one! They've done some other work for Origin as well I think.

Re: cubes, I like them too. I'm about to pick up a Bitfenix Phenom to build my NAS in, but other stuff like the Corsair Air 240 also floats my boat.

I've got a Cooler Master Elite 130 at the moment for my HTPC but it's not a looker. Can't wait to get rid of it.
Damn, that Bitfenix supports a 230mm fan? Dats huge!

I'm running the the Air 540 as my main rig and absolutely love it. And my new Node 804 fits in quite well with the rest of my HT components.

Are there any Steam machines that aren't a ripoff?
Compared to sourcing you're own components or pseudo Steam Machine build, no. And I doubt there ever will be any that would be considered CAG worthy. Many, however, seem in close proximity with console pricing/markup if you consider the already last gen tech inside the PS4 and XB1.

Damn I just want a box with the same logo(close enough) as the origin client and name on a steam machine...  My trap worked!

Being serious for a moment.  

Why would anyone who visits this site buy anything other than the steam link?  That seems to be the CAG option.  I've been looking at building a cube style PC for the family room to play my steam games on the big screen, but why would I now that I can stream that to the tv for 49.99.  Then I could really upgrade my PC and not have to spend extra building a new machine for the family room.  

I don't get what they're doing. I think they live in an ivory tower of overpaid Seattle nerds where they work in some crunchy Kumbaya do what you want, there are no bosses work environment and so there's no one to tell the emperor he doesn't have any clothes.

The market for these machines is very niche. Dell has been selling them for a while under their acquired Alienware label and those machines are better values and Windows so you've got way more games you can run and it still hasn't caught on.

The link thing is useful and reasonably priced for those who don't already have that functionality and the controller might be decent but the rest of the stuff is just pie in the sky we didn't feel like working on Games kid at Christmastime for nerds projects. It sounds cool and all but for the real world they'll only sell to a few nerds with money to burn who are too lazy to build their own machine, which isn't very nerdy of them. 

As someone who lives in an absurdly hot area, these tiny boxes bother me. I can't have the amount of cooling fans I want in those.

I wonder if that Steamlink will work with the Xbox 360 wireless adapter. Could make for some instant local co-op party game fun.

edit: Has anyone tried using the Steam streaming function for non-Steam games?

As someone who lives in an absurdly hot area, these tiny boxes bother me. I can't have the amount of cooling fans I want in those.
You don't even have to live in an absurdly hot area. I'm starting to hate my Corsair Air 540 cube. Using 2 980s with 3rd party coolers that dump hot air right into the case is making me seriously doubt my decision to drop my HAF X monster case. The only real fix I have is to get OEM style cooler that exhaust the air out the back of the case which, of course, Nvidia isn't making anymore of.

You don't even have to live in an absurdly hot area. I'm starting to hate my Corsair Air 540 cube. Using 2 980s with 3rd party coolers that dump hot air right into the case is making me seriously doubt my decision to drop my HAF X monster case. The only real fix I have is to get OEM style cooler that exhaust the air out the back of the case which, of course, Nvidia isn't making anymore of.
I'm slightly disappointed that you of all people don't have some hideously overcomplicated customer water loop involving a pump, several feet of tubing, several radiators and a goldfish.

And some UV lighting.

I wonder if that Steamlink will work with the Xbox 360 wireless adapter. Could make for some instant local co-op party game fun.

edit: Has anyone tried using the Steam streaming function for non-Steam games?
I know the 360 controller can work on Linux, but I'm curious if Valve will include actual support with custom/reworked drivers and software. And yes, non-Steam game streaming has been an added functionality, but from what I hear, not everything works with it. I haven't tried it myself and just ended up installing Steam straight on my HTPC.

I'd imagine the radiator in the top position is a contributing factor. Being that the case is much shorter than the HAF X, it allows for potentially hot(er) air to be in closer circulation around the GPU if not being adequately exhausted.

Daily Deals
75% off Miner Wars 2081 (Other DRM) - $2.50
50% off Miner Wars Arena (DRM Free) - $2.48

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
66% off Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage (Steam) - $3.39
80% off Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory (Steam) - $1.39
80% off The Sun at Night (Steam) - $2.99
50% off Knights of Pen & Paper titles
Up to 75% off Women in Games Sale
GMG VIP
Current Voucher: 23% off H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC (Expires 3/9 1600 UTC)

75% off Might & Magic Sale
Up to 75% off Relic Day
Up to 75% off Shooter Weekend

The controller, if you believe the hype on the webpage, is supposed to allow you to play keyboard-based games on it.  I'm interested to see if/how that works although I play my games at a desk anyway so it's more curiosity than need from me.

Link sounds halfway useful.  Not to me personally, but I can at least see a use for it.

Steam Boxes continue to look like an overpriced and underpowered solution for a problem that doesn't exist.  I'm still hung up as well on the limited Linux catalog, even if it does have a few choice modern AAA titles. 

SteamVR just isn't in my demographic.  The idea of sitting around my living room wearing a Captain Dork Gaming Helmet while my family lives life around me is a complete nonstarter.  My wife gets annoyed if I have headphones on and she can't just call me from the other room.  If you think your significant other or spouse barely tolerates your gaming habits now...

I'm slightly disappointed that you of all people don't have some hideously overcomplicated customer water loop involving a pump, several feet of tubing, several radiators and a goldfish.

And some UV lighting.
There you go slut shaming. I change my video cards too often to buy water blocks for my GPUs. It's a future project (maybe) but the newer Swifttech H240x is really tempting.

My wife gets annoyed if I have headphones on and she can't just call me from the other room. If you think your significant other or spouse barely tolerates your gaming habits now...
If your wife divorces you then you could always get a vr one who wont bitch at you call you from the other room every five minutes

I'd imagine the radiator in the top position is a contributing factor. Being that the case is much shorter than the HAF X, it allows for potentially hot(er) air to be in closer circulation around the GPU if not being adequately exhausted.
I don't really have a choice since I refuse to use the top rad to exhaust the hot air. Not only does that create a negative pressure setup which gets everything more dusty, it's a pain to clean the rad in an exhaust setup with this case.

Unfortunately, a key could not be assigned to you. This can occur for one of several reasons, including:

1) We've ran out of keys before we could assign one to you while you were in the queue.
2) You are in a country or region that is not eligible to receive a key.
3) A key has already been assigned to you.
Please check back later as more codes may be added!

Decided to pre order my first PC game ever. I got Cities Skylines on GMG. I get a code correct? Then do I enter it in Steam, when the game releases?
You'll get a Steam key ahead of time (usually). You can enter it as soon as you get it, but you won't be able to play the game until it "unlocks". There may or may not be a pre-load period before hand so you can have the game installed, loaded up and ready to go the moment it officially launches.

With GMG it just depends on the game, some will give you a key ahead of time and you can preload, others (like i think skylines is) they say on the order page that you wont get a key until its released.  Thats also the point at which your charged

Yea I did along with skylines. Figured I already own BE and enjoy it well enough, and can always use another space strategy so if its integrated it may be cool.  Skylines, well, been wanting a good city builder as always, cities xxxxl2000 or whatever the  latest incarnation is still sucks and cities in motion was pretty good, so figured they could probably do a good job on skylines.  At least paradox will support it more than cities xl ever was

You'll probably get more out of it if you own Beyond Earth, so if you own Beyond Earth, that'd strengthen the reasons to buy it.
I don't own BE but Sid says you can carry over stuff which sounds interesting. Apparently SS is supposed to start at the end of BE but in the video they are playing without any BE influence and the game still looks fun to me.

Yea I did along with skylines. Figured I already own BE and enjoy it well enough, and can always use another space strategy so if its integrated it may be cool. Skylines, well, been wanting a good city builder as always, cities xxxxl2000 or whatever the latest incarnation is still sucks and cities in motion was pretty good, so figured they could probably do a good job on skylines. At least paradox will support it more than cities xl ever was
I was looking at Skylines too. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I will check out more play video before committing to either.

Never actually seen Sid before. I expected him to be ancient but of course he's not.

I need some direction.  Guild Wars 2 is on sale for $10 reg. ed.  I remember it went on sale, what 1 or 2 weeks ago?  Is this the same price or was it even cheaper? 

K...sorry about this folks, but I had to use the search topic function.  I've evolved *takes bow*.

Anywho, it was a month ago, and 75% off $10 for regular, $15 for other.  New xpac on way in case anybody is thinking about this.

bread's done
Back