Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So now I'm at the point of Derpablo 3 where I can spam one ability and clear level 30 greater rifts (I know, level 90 or gtfo).  Overall I think I enjoyed Torchlight 2 more.

I'm enjoying Diablo 3 A LOT. Much more than TL2. It was a bit boring until I decided to raise the difficulty. Now it is amazingly fun. Fighting The Butcher using the monk was really great xD

So now I'm at the point of Derpablo 3 where I can spam one ability and clear level 30 greater rifts (I know, level 90 or gtfo). Overall I think I enjoyed Torchlight 2 more.
debbie-downer.jpg

Both the Torchlight series + Diablo series are great.

Of course, Diablo 3 is great namely once you also install RoS, but D3 is great for much different reasons than TL1+2 & D1+2.

Also, while I'm at it w/ ARPG's - Hellgate: London is still underrated.

Really cool to see modders still working on SP mods w/ Hellgate: Revival and that they also plan to finally launch the MP again w/ London 2038.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankenstein is free DLC for Stern Pinball Arcade, and it gives you the Pro version in regular Pinball Arcade
It says i can download it, But it doesn't popup an install window or anything. No error or anything Though. Do you have to Have pinball Arcade or stern pinball arcade installed for this to work?

It says i can download it, But it doesn't popup an install window or anything. No error or anything Though. Do you have to Have pinball Arcade or stern pinball arcade installed for this to work?
Oh so that's why it's not working for me. Steam just errors out (on my alts.)

So now I'm at the point of Derpablo 3 where I can spam one ability and clear level 30 greater rifts (I know, level 90 or gtfo). Overall I think I enjoyed Torchlight 2 more.
it's only after the first 1000 hours that you start to like it, or go crazy, maybe both.

It should show on the store page for Stern Pinball that you have Frankenstein, or the DLC section of the client if you have it installed. Once it's on your account you should be able to play it in Pinball Arcade even without the Stern one installed

It should show on the store page for Stern Pinball that you have Frankenstein, or the DLC section of the client if you have it installed. Once it's on your account you should be able to play it in Pinball Arcade even without the Stern one installed
Thanks, It Says i Own it. Neat. Just Felt Odd because most DLC will either give you a message saying it's been added to your account or popup the installation for/ open the specific game. The fact that it didn't do either, i thought something was wrong on my side.

You guys watch Obama's farewell? It filled my eyes with tears. Not because of the speech, but because I had to use onboard video since my GTX 1060 suddenly died. Pray for a speedy RMA for me bros. 

Pro means you get cards, no? Or am I mistaken and I'm just wasting HD space for nothing? :p
Just checked, and I don't have any additional card drops coming for Pinball Arcade. Pretty sure drops are tied to purchasing the season packs (regular or pro). I have the first four seasons and have gotten about 18ish cards or so.

Also, while I'm at it w/ ARPG's - Hellgate: London is still underrated.
Hellgate: London? that piece of .. nvm. I remember that you also have favorable opinion about DARK. :drool:

but seriously, friends don't let friends play Hellgate: London. It was overhyped, under-delivered and deservingly died a silent death.

There were and are far more better ARPG then and now like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, the Diablo series, Path of Exile etc.

I remember that you also have favorable opinion about DARK. :drool:
No. I namely likely Doug Cockle's voice-work; the art-work/art-direction; atmosphere. That's...about it.

I gave DARK a "thumb down" on my Steam review.

It's all over the place.

If you have to play a stealth game, you're better off w/ Dishonored series + Hitman series.

Go re-read my review:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/225360

EDIT:

Hellgate: London? that piece of .. nvm.

but seriously, friends don't let friends play Hellgate: London. It was overhyped, under-delivered and deservingly died a silent death.

There were and are far more better ARPG then and now like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, the Diablo series, Path of Exile etc.
Are all those except Path better than Hellgate? Yes.

I can't speak for Path of Exile, though; never played it.

I think Hellgate got a bad wrap b/c most PC's when it came out had issues with running it & it was buggy + un-stable upon release. Basically, Homefront: The Revolution got similar treatment.

Luckily, I played it when Hellgate when it was patched-up quite a bit online - and had a blast with it.

Well, I actually think you're reading into that story a bit. . . the author states that he's idly speculating because he can and because he wants to about how and why it came about.

Having said that, I'm intrigued by your story about boxes that take up space in my house and would like to learn more about how I can contribute to your cause.

No. I namely likely Doug Cockle's voice-work; the art-work/art-direction; atmosphere. That's...about it.

I gave DARK a "thumb down" on my Steam review.

It's all over the place.

If you have to play a stealth game, you're better off w/ Dishonored series + Hitman series.

Go re-read my review:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/225360

EDIT:

Are all those except Path better than Hellgate? Yes.

I can't speak for Path of Exile, though; never played it.

I think Hellgate got a bad wrap b/c most PC's when it came out had issues with running it & it was buggy + un-stable upon release. Basically, Homefront: The Revolution got similar treatment.

Luckily, I played it when Hellgate when it was patched-up quite a bit online - and had a blast with it.
it wasn't me who first commented that "you were probably one of the very fews with favorable opinions of DARK". I think it was passport. Maybe you have revised such opinion since then.

Not sure about the Hellgate revision or re-release but look like the original vision of the original creator is not there anymore. It is likely just "Hellgate: London" in name any how. Last I heard of Hellgate, its carcass was sold off to some Korean company to pay off the debt and the developers scattered to freelance somewhere else. Glad to hear that you enjoy the current "Hellgate" at least.

p.s. how can u NOT at least try Path? It's free :drool:

it wasn't me who first commented that "you were probably one of the very fews with favorable opinions of DARK". I think it was passport. Maybe you have revised such opinion since then.

Not sure about the Hellgate revision or re-release but look like the original vision of the original creator is not there anymore. It is likely just "Hellgate: London" in name any how. Last I heard of Hellgate, its carcass was sold off to some Korean company to pay off the debt and the developers scattered to freelance somewhere else. Glad to hear that you enjoy the current "Hellgate" at least.

p.s. how can u NOT at least try Path? It's free :drool:
Nope. My opinion on DARK has remained the same - namely b/c of difficulty spikes; little to no explanation of difficulties; stilted story/writing; all over the place voice-acting; and the list goes on and on. That game should've stayed in the cooker quite a bit longer.

I never played Hanbit's version of HGL. Only played what Flagship put out, while their online servers were still active + the (Single Player) Revival Mod.

It's a good question why I never got to Path. Probably b/c it's free and often I only touch the games that I actually spend money on the soonest + quickest.

Hellgate London was trash, it was an awful game that didn't even last a year before it was dumped. All the poor people who paid for lifetime subs for that pile of shit

Whoa there - I did not vote for Trump.

I just appreciate business management sims. Where you get to be a pimp.
Nothing wrong with grabbing a cat, as long as you don't hurt it.

I spank my monkey all the time....he enjoys it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYaAHFt46V0

Shovel Knight news:

Soon, the game you now know as Shovel Knight will become Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. When that happens, you’ll also have new options to purchase each campaign as separate, standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch:
Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope – Shovel of Hope is our new name for the original Shovel Knight game, since it needed a title like the others. What do you think!? Rewatch the adventure here.

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows – Plague Knight’s Campaign emerges from the Shadows to hopefully get some recognition this time! Watch it all here.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment – Specter of Torment is our most expansive campaign yet. We’re so excited for you to become the reaper! See Specter Knight in action here.

Later in 2017 the following will release (names TBD):

Shovel Knight: King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!

Shovel Knight: Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (3DS/Vita not included)
All owners of Shovel Knight on all platforms will automatically own Shovel Knight:Treasure Trove instead and will continue to get each of the planned free campaigns and features via updates. It will work exactly like how Shovel Knight was updated to include its first campaign addition, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Don’t worry!
In the spring, we will be raising the price of Shovel Knight. If you haven’t picked up Shovel Knight yet and want all the content included within Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, buy it now before the price increases this Spring! Or pick a selection of the standalone versions for a cheaper price!
My head hurts...

Unless I'm mistaken the current version of Shovel Knight (original game aka Shovel of Hope + Plague of Shadows + Specter of Torment) is becoming Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. In the spring the campaigns will be available to purchase separately but the overall cost will be higher than what it is now. Current owners will continue to get future campaigns for free. People who buy after the split and price increase will presumably have to buy any forthcoming content (King Knight's Campaign, Battle Mode) separately.

Call me crazy but I smell a bundlin' on the horizon, maybe sometime in the summer. This way people will only get the original base game (to be renamed Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope), and they'll have to buy the other content/campaigns separately unlike people who own it before the split/increase.

Why couldn't they have said that during the Winter Sale?

So, if you don't already own it, you're stuck paying full price or, in the future, buying the fuck you edition. I've waited a long time to buy their game -- which they've rarely sold for much of a discount and I just can't see being bundled as a complete product for a long time -- so I guess I'll wait even longer for all of their micro-games to be equal to or less than the lowest price to-date.

I hate developers that play these raise-the-price games.

In the spring, we will be raising the price of Shovel Knight. If you haven’t picked up Shovel Knight yet and want all the content included within Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, buy it now before the price increases this Spring! Or .....
wait for when its in a summer humble? Fall for full package humble?

Why couldn't they have said that during the Winter Sale?

So, if you don't already own it, you're stuck paying full price or, in the future, buying the fuck you edition. I've waited a long time to buy their game -- which they've rarely sold for much of a discount and I just can't see being bundled as a complete product for a long time -- so I guess I'll wait even longer for all of their micro-games to be equal to or less than the lowest price to-date.

I hate developers that play these raise-the-price games.
It's been out since 2014, they have released numerous free updates, continue to support the game, have been incredibly transparent about costs, dev, and future plans and that makes you hate them?

bread's done
Back