Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
aYzZ4ns.gif
I think I was chased by those sparkler holding, dancing pizza people in the last Silent Hill game.

Anyone play Hearthstone that wants an 80g play a friend kwa-est rewardzzzzz?  Usual peeps in this thread and on my friends list haven't been logging in as of late.

I've got my eye on the G403. Wired for $35, Wireless for $40. Both seem pretty close to historical lows. Tried it out in store a week or so ago and was happy to find out that it felt comfortable to use and reasonably close to the MX518 that I've been on for ~10 years.
I have the G403 Prodigy (USB Wired). I love it. While I do wish it had more buttons on the side and/or on the top left (i.e. see the 502 Proteus' design; I really want *that* mouse) - it's easily the best 5-6 button mouse that I've ever used. Certainly beats my Rosewill Jet Gaming Mouse. Not even close.

It comes w/ a small 10g weight - so if you need the mouse to have more weight to it, you can throw that weight in there on the very bottom of the mouse. There's a little slot, where the weight can go. Or, if you like it lighter (which is how I like my mouse), just don't put the weight in there.

I also love the Logitech Gaming Software that you can use with it (you have to fetch that online) - you can set-up templates for games, use them for other games (good for if you want one FPS to play like another), create actual profiles for each game, or whatever you desire.

In Logitech, I trust.

EDIT:

I have the G600 MMO. It's bulky and has a real learning curve to get used to - since it's bigger than most mice and also has tons of keys on the left side of it. But, I only now really use that if I have a game where I really feel like I need to stick tons of keys on the left side of the mouse.

I really want that G502 Proteus (with 11 buttons all over the mouse), which looks like it could be a possible nice go-between for the G403 (around 5-6 buttons) and G600 (i.e. 12 buttons or so on the left and a few more elsewhere)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I could see where those people are coming from, but personally it doesn't bother me cause my G403 is plugged into the USB port on my G710+ keyboard so the majority of the mouse's cable is just lying bunched together on my desk. If I had it plugged into my desktop, though, yeah I suppose the cable's stiffness could be a little annoying.
I have the G710+. Love it.

I do like G710+ better than the G213 Membrane KB. G213 is certainly quieter and feels similar to the G710+, but the G710+ has an edge. G710+ just feels a little bit more responsive and I feel like I know better from the feels of the keys (and I can really hear it, since they are loud) when I actually hit the keys (since they're MX Blues on the 710+) - which feels very important for when I play shooting games like Mass Effect: Andromeda or Quantum Break.

Though, I do like the G213's RGB lighting schemes and other optional things I can do w/ the keyboard. Not a big deal, though - as I prefer performance (from the G710+) over the coolness factor of the lighting (on the G213).

Personally, I'm finding bundles less and less appealing. Like IG is all trash, I don't even check IG anymore. Not willing to pay $1 for one game I want that's probably worth .10 at most. Groupees been trash. The only good Bundlestars tend to be pay $3-4 for a game that would be $4-5 at 75% off and then get a ton of other games that aren't bad but you wouldn't have bought otherwise. Humble $1 tier can still be good from time to time, but the BTA and high tiers are never really worth it because I am paying for stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise.
First I cut Groupees, then IG. Bundle stars has been less interesting (wait does it even exist anymore?!), and Humble has been maybe $1 buys. I might give the monthly one shot under IGN, because I am a sucker.

No wonder my coin collection has been growing again...

Mooby blocked me PMing him on CAG so here it is

Hey man,
Sorry if I came across as a jerk there. I recognized the deck you were playing as discard warlock which is countered by my Quest warlock and was just having fun. Didn't realize that you were going to be so sensitive so I just want to formally apologize. My bad.

What are the fakey thoughts on Far Cry 5 from GamersGate using Zgold? I think I got an email about some such shit the other day, but cannot find it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccoj5lhLmSQ
I don't understand the reference Treybot, are you suggesting that my apology was somehow sarcastic or an non-apology?

It was 1 game of hearthstone that Mooby lost and felt immediately offended. Thus, he promptly blocked me (and made a post about his woeful experience) so I just want to be the adult here and let him know that I recognize I was being the jerk and tell him that I'm sorry.

If he still feels offended after that, then whatever, I've done what I can.

What are your thoughts on the braided cable? I've seen alot of people talk about cable drag and that it's too stiff and not flexible enough.
I love the 502, but the cable braiding is trash. I'm on my 4th or 5th 500 series mouse, all but one have had the same problem: Eventually, the braiding frays and has a very good chance of pinching the USB cable to the point of breakage.

Here's a pic of my current 502 Spectrum cable.

FILnph3.jpg

Average life expectancy is 18 to 36 months based on my abusage, so I always buy Best Buy's Indef Proof $20 warranty and swap it out for a new one every two years. I like the mouse enough to put up with the exchange hassle.

No, the Warlock stuff. Sorry, I don't play Magic.
I see. So for reference, in Hearthstone Mooby was playing Discard Warlock which centers around making your opponent discard the cards in his/her hand.

My deck, Quest Warlock, is center around this card.

55447-lakkari-sacrifice.png

It's a bad deck that I just play for fun because it rarely wins. So yeah, the match was pretty one-sided.

Call me crazy but could you not argue that buying 1 or 2 games you like is much better than buying many that barely qualify as games at all?

Every time I come here, I read saddening tales like this... and then someone posts a Coral JPEG :p
You deserve better than Coral jpegs, Carl.

ptUVlJj.gif

I love the 502, but the cable braiding is trash. I'm on my 4th or 5th 500 series mouse, all but one have had the same problem: Eventually, the braiding frays and has a very good chance of pinching the USB cable to the point of breakage.

FILnph3.jpg

Average life expectancy is 18 to 36 months based on my abusage, so I always buy Best Buy's Indef Proof $20 warranty and swap it out for a new one every two years. I like the mouse enough to put up with the exchange hassle.
The annual Indef family trip to Best Buy:

Grad-Party-Wagon-Ride-1250.jpg

Mooby blocked me PMing him on CAG so here it is

Hey man,
Sorry if I came across as a jerk there. I recognized the deck you were playing as discard warlock which is countered by my Quest warlock and was just having fun. Didn't realize that you were going to be so sensitive so I just want to formally apologize. My bad.
You jerk, don't you know how much money it costs Mooby to have the Geek Squad on the phone during the match to give him Hearthstone advice?

What are the fakey thoughts on Far Cry 5 from GamersGate using Zgold? I think I got an email about some such shit the other day, but cannot find it now.
Wait to see if it gets Nvidia GPU bundled and see if you can have someone activate it for you on your account unless you have a 1070 ot 1080 yourself. I mean it's not bad, but doing 10% off when they used to do 20% off Ubi pre-orders is kind of lame.

You jerk, don't you know how much money it costs Mooby to have the Geek Squad on the phone during the match to give him Hearthstone advice?
Are you kidding me? Mooby can't afford that! He just watches videos on YouTube.

Wait to see if it gets Nvidia GPU bundled and see if you can have someone activate it for you on your account unless you have a 1070 ot 1080 yourself. I mean it's not bad, but doing 10% off when they used to do 20% off Ubi pre-orders is kind of lame.
lol....stop it fox. :shame: I really felt bad. He was really quick with his deleting me from Battle.net and blocking me on CAG that I didn't even get the time to send a quick PM letting him know "sorry, my bad."

I never played multiplayer with Mooby before and didn't realize how hard Mooby was going to take losing so personally

If there is a GPU promo, it'll only be the base game, while the Gold version, with 20% ZGold discount is $65 vs $90. "Top Up", via ZGold, gives you 300 golds for buying 3000, which I assume equates to $33 real bux. If I can Top Up the 3000 twice, that would give me $66 and that'd be perfect.

BUT I dunno if you can get the same 3000 + 300 promo twice.

If there is a GPU promo, it'll only be the base game, while the Gold version, with 20% ZGold discount is $65 vs $90. "Top Up", via ZGold, gives you 300 golds for buying 3000, which I assume equates to $33 real bux. If I can Top Up the 3000 twice, that would give me $66 and that'd be perfect.

BUT I dunno if you can get the same 3000 + 300 promo twice.
I've done the $100 promo twice and got the bonus each time. Did it the same day. This was during the first promo run, but I assume it still works.

I never played multiplayer with Mooby before and didn't realize how hard Mooby was going to take losing so personally
Take losing bad?

Or take someone abusing the emotes and/or drawing something out bad?

Obviously I don't know what went down, but the way he said "snarky comments and slow roll" made me think you were spamming "Sorry" (or whatever the equivalent trolling emote is now that Sorry is gone) or had lethal and were keeping the game going for no reason when he just wanted a quick game to complete his quest.

Take losing bad?

Or take someone abusing the emotes and/or drawing something out bad?

Obviously I don't know what went down, but the way he said "snarky comments and slow roll" made me think you were spamming "Sorry" (or whatever the equivalent trolling emote is now that Sorry is gone) or had lethal and were keeping the game going for no reason when he just wanted a quick game to complete his quest.
Didn't spam the emote (though I did say "countered" at the end of the game which he may have misunderstood as "snotty commentary") and if he wanted a quick game, discard warlock that Mobby was playing is not the deck to play a "quick game." It's a troll deck with lots of setup. Pirate warrior, druid, or hunter are way better aggro deck for quick game. Also he could've msg in the beginning to say that he wanted to end the game quick for quest rewards and I would've complied. If he felt I was prolonging lethal (which I wasn't as I was ended the game in the last turn I was able to), the concede button exists and players do still get their quest rewards.

I felt that Mooby overreacted to a game of hearthstone but still felt compelled to apology which I have made.

Don't know what's your beef though

LOL Hearthstone drama !!!

Also several of those posts are some of the most insincere, backhanded apologies I have ever heard.

Didn't realize that you were going to be so sensitive so I just want to formally apologize. My bad.
It was 1 game of hearthstone that Mooby lost and felt immediately offended. Thus, he promptly blocked me (and made a post about his woeful experience) so I just want to be the adult here and let him know that I recognize I was being the jerk and tell him that I'm sorry.

If he still feels offended after that, then whatever, I've done what I can.
I felt that Mooby overreacted to a game of hearthstone but still felt compelled to apology which I have made.

I posted about it the other day, mainly because I was amused that the base game is a troll deal where you can't hit the game price with zGold unless you overpurchase by $10.

You can get the deluxe Season Pass edition for $60 when you take the extra zGold top-off bonuses into account which isn't a bad deal for 33% off if you were going to Fakey it anyway although it's a sad cry from the nearly 50% off you could get a pre-order of Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe for, back in the day. But at least you can spend $60 out of pocket and not "I bought $50 worth of Itchy & Scratchy Fun Money but the game only cost $43 -- savings!"

In my old post, I thought the Gold version was 26% off but that was bad math -- I was taking it off the sale price, not the $90 retail cost.

I posted about it the other day, mainly because I was amused that the base game is a troll deal where you can't hit the game price with zGold unless you overpurchase by $10.

You can get the deluxe Season Pass edition for $60 when you take the extra zGold top-off bonuses into account which isn't a bad deal for 33% off if you were going to Fakey it anyway although it's a sad cry from the nearly 50% off you could get a pre-order of Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe for, back in the day. But at least you can spend $60 out of pocket and not "I bought $50 worth of Itchy & Scratchy Fun Money but the game only cost $43 -- savings!"

In my old post, I thought the Gold version was 26% off but that was bad math -- I was taking it off the sale price, not the $90 retail cost.
I was a lazy forum sleuth, but I pulled the trigger on a game I would've fakeyed day 1 anyway, for $60 real monies. I want to thank Fox and Syntax and my mom and Tebow's mom and my wallet for making this happen. I'll never forget the experience.

Now watch the PC port blow fuck ing goat anus.

Because I don't want to buy/dispose of batteries.
Rechargeable lithium ion batteries have been a thing for a while. Heck my Logitech Performance MX came with a Sanyo Eneloop in it. I can recharge with the USB cable, or when I forget, take 10 secs to swap in a freshly charged one from the pile.

My mouse has a cord because it's never out of the 12"x18" area it stays in and the cord has never caused me any issues.

Batteries might be rechargeable, etc but it's still one more thing to think about for zero benefit.

FILnph3.jpg

I have an old desk I don't care about, so I screwed eyelets and a tool holder on the back and bottom of it to run my mouse and keyboard cables through. It allows me to keep the cables at a preferable angle and the rounded edges are far less abrasive than the edge of the desk.

Edit:
something like this on back of desk for mouse: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-3-1-2-in-Screw-In-Tool-Hook-01215/202305569

And this on bottom for keyboard(mine is on an under desktop tray): https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Hillman-Group-2-1-4-in-White-Vinyl-Coated-Cup-Hook-4-Pack-534170/300547208

So today a blue vertical line showed up on my monitor and it persists with the monitor disconnected from my PC so I guess the monitor has decided to commit suicide now that it's GPU friend kicked the bucket.  I bought it in 2010 so I guess it lasted long enough.  This does make me think I need to go 1070 or 1080 though instead of 1080TI.  Oh well.

So anywho...  I know some of you have ultrawide monitors and I was wondering how you like them.  Any complaints, any issues with games being annoying to play due to not supporting them?  I am leaning towards a 34" curved monitor in some flavor.  My dying monitor is a 27" so I am guessing switching to ultrawide would irritate me if I went smaller than that.  

bread's done
Back