Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
and of course

racist1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Fooled around a bit with the Injustice 2 MP. After tinkering with the settings a bit, I was able to get an average FPS of 39. Don't laugh, that's actually pretty good for this machine. The online optimizations are slightly above the level of the Mortal Kombat reboot. The community appears to be full of people who randomly quit matches because they're not winning or the conditions aren't quite right, but NetherRealm and QLOC can't fix those issues. If I can get the MP to run this well (read playable) on my computer, the offline modes should be smooth as Shedd's Spread. 

Fooled around a bit with the Injustice 2 MP. After tinkering with the settings a bit, I was able to get an average FPS of 39. Don't laugh, that's actually pretty good for this machine. The online optimizations are slightly above the level of the Mortal Kombat reboot. The community appears to be full of people who randomly quit matches because they're not winning or the conditions aren't quite right, but NetherRealm and QLOC can't fix those issues. If I can get the MP to run this well (read playable) on my computer, the offline modes should be smooth as Shedd's Spread.
Online is going to be worse if your FPS isn't a constant 60 FPS. I think both people will suffer because of that, so you might wanna try turning down some settings to get 60. Netcode performance seemed fine to me. Had the occasionally random lag spikes but other than that it was pretty smooth. Real problem is they promised DLC characters in the beta but didn't deliver on that, and mic is forced ON with no option to turn it off or PTT in game so you're going to see people using their mic without realizing it.

Online is going to be worse if your FPS isn't a constant 60 FPS. I think both people will suffer because of that, so you might wanna try turning down some settings to get 60. Netcode performance seemed fine to me. Had the occasionally random lag spikes but other than that it was pretty smooth. Real problem is they promised DLC characters in the beta but didn't deliver on that, and mic is forced ON with no option to turn it off or PTT in game so you're going to see people using their mic without realizing it.
Yeah, I read about the microphone thing in that PC Gamer article, so I just made sure there was no significant ambient noise at the time.

I'm not sure I can get 60 on this machine. I could try tweaking it a bit more, but I'll worry about that after I buy it. I'm still deciding whether I want to fakey it over at GMG. Besides, I mostly wanted to test my hardware to see whether it would hold up well with the SP modes and based on what I saw earlier, it should be fine.

The community appears to be full of people who randomly quit matches because they're not winning or the conditions aren't quite right, but NetherRealm and QLOC can't fix those issues
Yes they can. Ask Blizzard. You get some kind of penalty if you quit from a running match

Last night the bros returned to (and it looks like finished) Human: Fall Flat.  I wasn't there for the best of old man reasons: I fell asleep on the couch. One moment I was reading something on my tablet, the next I had my hands folded serenely atop my belly, a hat pulled low over my eyes and a tiny feather floating aloft over my lips as I made gentle snoring noises.  I'd feel bad but it was glorious and I woke up just in time to go to bed.  I did miss my nighttime KF2 ticket though.

Tonight, assuming that I don't succumb to the somnolent effects of my 1960s meatloaf and mashed potato dinner and traditional post-supper Tom Collins, I'll be with the manliest of the bros playing Squad which looks a lot like Battlefield only with "base building".  It's also free this weekend which isn't something you can say about Battlefield.  Supposedly the game uses "communication and team play" but it's also 50 v 50 so let's be honest about how that'll play out, especially during a free weekend.

Last night the bros returned to (and it looks like finished) Humans Fall Flat. I wasn't there for the best of old man reasons: I fell asleep on the couch. One moment I was reading something on my tablet, the next I had my hands folded serenely atop my belly, a hat pulled low over my eyes and a tiny feather floating aloft over my lips as I made gentle snoring noises. I'd feel bad but it was glorious and I woke up just in time to go to bed. I did miss my nighttime KF2 ticket though.

Tonight, assuming that I don't succumb to the somnolent effects of my 1960s meatloaf and mashed potato dinner and traditional post-supper Tom Collins, I'll be with the manliest of the bros playing Squad which looks a lot like Battlefield only with "base building". It's also free this weekend which isn't something you can say about Battlefield. Supposedly the game uses "communication and team play" but it's also 50 v 50 so let's be honest about how that'll play out, especially during a free weekend.
Yeah, the bros were like "Where's Syntax?" and I was like "probably dead" but glad to see it was only partial.

We played 3 hours of HFF and finished the game, that's like a bro night second. For all the frustration and yelling and Bah trolling us until we reminded him that tab showed us who was who, we enjoyed this alot and I think it set the record for bronight screenshots.

Hopefully BFridays return next week.

I smile at how ironically perfect that is...
In all sincerity its not that bad of a game. It ran really well, just written poorly and as generic as anything. Considering the brand name and hype (I remember the Game Informer cover story from like 5 years before it released) it was garbage. At least when we played it, we had no issues, it was just really generic.

It played fine, it just wasn't any fun (aside from playing with bros and mocking it).  I remember the weapons all felt really lame and all the enemies were bullet sponges so you never had an awesome "Tear this shit up" moment, just tediously grinding down enemies.  And 50% of the bad guys were generic W-Y mooks instead of fighting, you know, aliens.

Also, I remember that all the 'special' weapons were terrible.  You'd locate Vasquez's pistol from her final holdout in the ducts and it was objectively worse than the pistol you got stock.  Yaaaaayyyy....

Just to add to the website crashing fun, GMG is giving away free games every six hours here:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Must have account, log in, etc.  When I tried, it just kept giving me errors, and when it finally worked I missed the free game.  Of course. 

They have some decent coupons.  20% off PUBG and Cuphead and a few other things. 

Just to add to the website crashing fun, GMG is giving away free games every six hours here:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Must have account, log in, etc. When I tried, it just kept giving me errors, and when it finally worked I missed the free game. Of course.

They have some decent coupons. 20% off PUBG and Cuphead and a few other things.
The first game was Save The Ninja Clan. I didn't get it either, but owned it already anyway. I never saw it live, but they mentioned it when someone asked on Facebook while the site was down when the sale first launched.

I wouldnt be surprised if they've delayed the launch of the free game and we see that sometime soon. There were login errors for the first 45 minutes. I've not read anyone confirm that they got it.

A bunch of new KF2 stuff was extracted from today's patch before going live for the Christmas update if you want to know what you'll be spending the next 6-8 weeks chasing.

I'm guessing the Wasteland Warrior type suit & accessories will be like the Chicken suit and be paid DLC.

Yeah I figured as much.  Guess I'll keep watching 1080/1080TI sales.  My poor wallet.  At least I know I won't want to spend real money in the Steam winter sale, that is an upside I guess.

A bunch of new KF2 stuff was extracted from today's patch before going live for the Christmas update if you want to know what you'll be spending the next 6-8 weeks chasing.

I'm guessing the Wasteland Warrior type suit & accessories will be like the Chicken suit and be paid DLC.
Wow, that raider skin is sick. Mad Max in KF2 jeje.

That 1070 is tempting. I'm going to stay on 1080p for a while and I can try mining. Ppl on SD are saying $40-45 a month?

That 1070 is tempting. I'm going to stay on 1080p for a while and I can try mining. Ppl on SD are saying $40-45 a month?
Mining on one GPU isn't really cost efficient. Mining also pushes the GPU very hard and you will wear it out a lot quicker. You also have to be aware of mining pool costs, electricity, and exchange fees when mining. Take that into account. Its not worth it unless you're going multi-gpus and dedicated hardware. I'm talking about Etherium btw. BTC is a straight up don't bother.

What are people using to list cardz on the steam marketplace since steam inventory helper went to the dogs?  Im trying to use Enhanced Steam,  but I tried it on chrome and firefox and it is painfully slow,.   Like it takes 20 minutes or more to post 30 cards.   its doing some crazy slow calculations on market value of cards and bringing the browser to its knees.

What are people using to list cardz on the steam marketplace since steam inventory helper went to the dogs? Im trying to use Enhanced Steam, but I tried it on chrome and firefox and it is painfully slow,. Like it takes 20 minutes or more to post 30 cards. its doing some crazy slow calculations on market value of cards and bringing the browser to its knees.
I use your mom. She's free and keeps my steam inventory nice and tidy.

I had it at 1440p 60fps w/ a mix of Medium and High on GTX 970. Ran and played great, if you ask me. Had fun with it.

What settings you running it at w/ 39fps and what vid card you running?

What are people using to list cardz on the steam marketplace since steam inventory helper went to the dogs? Im trying to use Enhanced Steam, but I tried it on chrome and firefox and it is painfully slow,. Like it takes 20 minutes or more to post 30 cards. its doing some crazy slow calculations on market value of cards and bringing the browser to its knees.
Anytime I open a steam page in my browser it is painfully slow as well. I'm not sure if Enhanced Steam or Steam Economy Enhancer is the culprit.

I had it at 1440p 60fps w/ a mix of Medium and High on GTX 970. Ran and played great, if you ask me. Had fun with it.

What settings you running it at w/ 39fps and what vid card you running?
It's a weird Radeon laptop card: AMD FirePro W4170M 1Gb.

I don't remember the exact settings (I've subsequently deleted the beta); a mixture of low and medium settings at the lowest 16:9 resolution supported by the game. I could have probably pushed it and gotten some better framerates if I'd turned a few things off but I didn't go that far.

EVGA 1070 FTW for $399 at Newegg probably the lowest it has been since the mining craze started. I am tempted but if I am going to get a 1440p monitor it might be wise to just spend the extra hundred and get a 1080 on sale.
Personally I would be unhappy with anything less than my current 1080.. it barely gets me by in 4k on the games I play. Then again, I haven't followed prices since I bought it this spring at ~$380. To this day I do not see the point in mining.

On a similar note.. does anyone have an opinion on when to buy an ultrawide monitor? Right now I game on either a QHD 27" or my 55" KS8500 samsung at 4k. I would consider an ultrawide purchase if one of those "right product, right time" windows appeared sometime over the next two weeks. But then I hear people saying wait for some crazy line of 200hz panels coming.. so I'm not sure what to think.

I'd be looking for 32"+, gsync (since I've already bought into a 1080) and 100hz+ (I think? But honestly I've never gamed over 75hz so I don't really know what I'm missing)

gsync is nice. I recently replaced one of my 24in'ers with a 27in dell 1440p gsync and it's fantastic, also for work stuff since I can work at home now, yea thats the excuse Ill go with.

It does seem more fluid to me when there are wider fps swings. On my 1080p144hz you could still notice them but gsync seems to smooth them out that they aren't really noticeable anymore

bread's done
Back