Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
But in the IndieGala thread, didn't you say that you were going to play Animal Lover?
The thing is that those characters were previously animals and are now humans. Big difference.

Edit: I downloaded the stand alone version. I'll play it a bit and say what I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
picgifs-disgust-1784623.gif

Netherrealm Studios: We're adding the TMNT to Injustice 2!
Namco Bandai: Hold my beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
Totally looking forward to DLC 4 reveal of Dovahkiin or the Sole Survivor.

They're not female furries, so i'm not interested. Nitro passes!

The Steam store page says this: The story of Nekojishi contains same gender romance plots.

I guess the cross-species thing isn't a concern for anyone who might be triggered by a same-sex relationship.

Not sure if those are rose colored glasses or you're suggesting he cosplay as Jim Sterling.
No one wants that, I can assure you.

I think you meant "asshole", not "ass hole". My inner DrR0Ck or warreni is triggering.
FTFY

So in terms of Deadpool, what does this mean for Activision?
Are other marvel games at risk, or just Deadpool because it's X-Men?
I'm asking because I kind of want those Ultimate alliance games
Those are pretty good games, but they're also over 10 years old now. I think they were re-released on Steam and other digital platforms to make a fast buck rather than for any other compelling reason. To release a game that old at $40 is the height of absurdity. By the same token, waiting for a >50% sale is going to be a very long wait indeed. I'd recommend buying during a seasonal sale event or checking a shady site.

Netherrealm Studios: We're adding the TMNT to Injustice 2!
Namco Bandai: Hold my beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
Like I said in another thread I personally think Noctis is a dumb choice for a Tekken DLC character. They should have gone with someone much more fitting.

Tekken7Kazuma.jpg

For Soul Calibur
In the trailer he fights Yoshimitsu who also fights with a sword. Let's not forget Alisa who has retractable chainsaw arms, rocket punches and constantly removes her own head to use as a projectile is in Tekken 7. There is also Devil Kazuya a character that can kill you with laser beams shot from his eyes from across the fighting arena. Character customization also allows you to equip swords, guns and a number of other weapons on any character. This series stopped being about realistic hand to hand fighting a long time before now.

Killing Floor Incursion is coming out tomorrow.  It's a VR only, story driven game.  If any of you VR bros wants to invite me over to play, I'll bring beer.  

Star Wars BattleFront 2: You can play Vader for 60K in game credits - Buy or Boycott? Discuss!
I for one am thankful that our AAA overlords made what would otherwise be my more anticipated titles so goddamn unappealing.

There was way too much quality shit this year anyway. My backlog is already too big to add garbage to the pile

Star Wars BattleFront 2: You can play Vader for 60K in game credits - Buy or Boycott? Discuss!
It was on my anticipated list, but now it's on my hard pass list. When I need a Star Wars fix I'll just go see the new movie in December.

Is it a fair assumption to say that Star Wars licensing squeezed EA's balls ego a little too tightly? Or should we just chalk it up to straight up greed?

I get the sense of accomplishment aspect, but a game first and foremost needs to be extremely fun to play if the required amount of grind is that high. Even then it seems a bit outrageous and sets a high enough credit unlock range to entice people to buy credits instead.

Speaking of Wolfenstein II, the DLC will release on December 14th (Gunslinger Joe in Chicago), January 30th (Jessica Valiant in California) & March 2018 (Cpt. Wilkins in Alaska).

V9qFfibYT1uOOCnrkGZmvA.png
Am I reading that correctly?

23 people gave that comment reddit gold?

Why would anyone gold a corporate account?

what does the DLC cover (if you can say without spoiling)? Story or just additional characters to play?
So, what you're asking is...

Is the DLC content-content-dlc? or is the DLC non-content-dlc?

Considering I've heard about that from several unrelated sources and haven't tried to keep up with the drama, it's definitely a pretty big screwup.

G502 USB Wired mouse arrived. Checking it out right now. All fireware updated, everything's installed, all ready. Feels really nice, especially on the scroll-wheel. Gonna have to test it on some games.

EA is lowering it to 75% due to the grief they've gotten HA
So EA decided to add a little lube before they screw you....that's nice of them....

This is a reddit post I found interesting and absolutely believable (in Spoiler below):

Here is some information. Make whatever decisions you want with it.
EA spends tens of thousands of man-hours focus testing and doing market research on the optimum way to wring money out of your wallet. This means that one or two days (or weeks or months) of complaining will not get them to change their mind regarding the nature of the progression system. They will not truly "fix" it because they believe that it's working as intended and their accountants and marketing guys will tell them that it is. A certain amount of players are supposed to get sick of it and stop playing. That's built-in to the calculations, like when Wal-Mart assumes that there will be a certain amount of shoplifting.
That said, they understand that they have a clusterfuck on their hands, so since they are not interested in fixing it, they are going to use a technique referred to as "making the outrage outdated." This was very clearly what they did with the beta. The beta had a great deal of backlash and instead of fixing anything, they "made changes." The effect of these changes were negligible but it didn't matter because all the articles written about the flaws of the beta and the complaints by users became outdated and replaced by articles and comments about how they were making "changes." This allows them to control the narrative of their product without actually losing any money or making significant changes. The fact that the changes didn't help and potentially made the game worse didn't matter.
(Ubisoft did this in a much more elegant way with Assassin's Creed: Origins by the way - they prevented you from buying loot boxes with real money, knowing there would be a backlash, instead allowing you to purchase the currency needed for loot boxes with real money. The ONLY things that accomplished was allowing them to do interviews saying that you couldn't buy loot boxes with real money during pre-release and make people who wanted to use real money for loot boxes have to click two extra buttons. They didn't have to make the outrage outdated because they controlled the narrative from the jump.)
The reason this works is two-fold: 1. Journalists who cover the initial outrage feel that, ethically, they have to post the follow up but probably aren't going to do the research to figure out if the changes are substantial or effective at fixing the actual issue. (Edit: I've started seeing articles pop up already about the "changes" and at best, all they do is parrot the good research that various Redditors have done.) 2. Loyal fans who get fed up with it and decide not to buy the game are desperately searching for a reason to forgive EA so they can play their neato shooty game so they'll take any crumbs they are given.
Accordingly, I will guarantee this: They will "make changes" with a day 1 patch. That much is obvious, but specifically, the changes they make will be based around reducing the cost of heroes and loot boxes. Sounds good, right? Well, maybe. The actual reason why they're going to reduce it is because right now the complaints are that progression takes "too" long - specifically about 40 hours to unlock heroes. They will change it, negligibly, so that the story becomes "We fixed the 40 hour hero requirement!" Of course, the change will make it so that still takes about 37 hours (I'm obviously just making up a number here, but the point is that it's still an absurd requirement), but that will be lost in the news cycle of them "making changes."
And of course, inexplicably, forums will be filled with people who for whatever reason are desperate to point out that your outrage is outdated. You'll say "It takes too long to unlock heroes" and they'll pop up to tell you and everyone else that EA "made changes" to that. Complain about loot box percentages? They "made changes!" What changes? Who gives a fuck. Changes!!!! Every complaint you have will be met with someone who wants to tell you that the reason you have for being upset is outdated.
This is a very common strategy used for scandals that are linked directly to financials - they will fuck you a little less than you expected and hope that you don't do the math on just how much less it is. All the while they will take advantage of the PR resulting from the reduced fucking.
Edit: To clarify, you shouldn't feel like EA is "ignoring" you. They aren't. It's actually worse than them ignoring you. They have people pouring over these forums (And twitter, more importantly) trying to get a general idea of the negative sentiment. They will then try to quantify that negative sentiment and add it to the previous years of focus testing and market research they've done. The previous focus tests told them the the most financially viable thing to do would be to make the game as it is now, and they will add the current negative sentiment to that formula and come up with something like "reduce microtransaction costs by 1.5%" (Rounded up to the nearest 5 or 9 or 10, again, based on what focus testing tells them is most pleasing to the customer. They also will likely increase progression rather than decrease microctransaction prices to avoid alienating people who bought the microtransactions at the original price - of course, increasing progression speed and decreasing the cost are exactly the same thing, financially.)
Have fun playing!!!

Heh. (Kotaku) Most downvoted Reddit comment ever. Well done, EA.
Oh... That was the number of downvotes and not the RES thing...

Nice!

I couldn't remember how reddit displayed up/down vote counts.

I "turned off" up/down vote numbers months ago because it's pointless willy waggling.

Please like this post if you agree.

Of course. Duh.

Though, I have been really lazy these last few months and haven't taken pics w/ the G213, G403, G710+ and now the G502.

I should fix that, eh? ;)
For someone that refuses to buy games they obviously like until they hit some nebulous low amount and the playerbase is dead, had you just bought the nicest mouse to begin with you also could have bought all those games

For someone that refuses to buy games they obviously like until they hit some nebulous low amount and the playerbase is dead, had you just bought the nicest mouse to begin with you also could have bought all those games
I still could buy a lot of these newer games, but I often choose not to.

Plus, my huge backlog w/ The Witcher 3 (Base Game & Season Pass); MGS5: GZ & TPP; Divinity: Original Sin 1; Shadow of Mordor GOTY; AC: Syndicate Season Pass (already played through the base-game); Pillars of Eternity; Grim Dawn; Dragon's Dogma; DA: Inquisition DLC's; GTA5; and numerous other PC titles still looks pretty damn good.

I still have Mass Effect: Andromeda & Mafia 3: Digital Deluxe to work on, as well.

Duck Dynasty got removed from Steam today. Most people won't care about that particular game getting axed (justifiably so). But since it was published by Activision, and they'll also be removing Deadpool in a matter of days, it could be a sign that other licensed Activision games might be disappearing soon.

I couldn't even begin to guess which, if any, games might be in jeopardy. I'm just calling the possibility to people's attention. Make of it what you will.

Glad all this blowback is going on with EA and Battlefront II.  A whole new generation of people can now learn why they're a dogshit company. 

Glad all this blowback is going on with EA and Battlefront II. A whole new generation of people can now learn why they're a dogshit company.
Unfortunately, they still have much better support than Steam :( .Valve needs to get out of the F cesspool rank...

bread's done
Back