Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Assassination Station

54VR0-3FJ45-Z0GYD

Containment Corps

54JD8-W8HQ8-F0N4G

DEFECTIVE

5JYNI-N8FHP-R3WAD

Guns of Icarus Online

J4BE2-GQC6Q-2QB5J

Guns of Icarus Online

RNT97-KKM8N-4B9TY

Hard Minus

5JBHM-W9M8X-2LEQJ

HORDE ATTACK

552J2-KL73D-M0H9H

iHUGU

567XI-5J9LK-C3XQB

Lethal League

J0GE7-2606C-A2JT5

Lethal League

QYC9L-BDD4A-E6NR4

Marty Thinks 4D

59K9Z-TF0VV-XCAR6

My Name is Addiction

5AA8F-5GKEE-E9E7C

Neon Chrome

73PCL-P9LZ9-L490E

Petrichor

55308-I5XA0-E2QHG

Project Explore

50FBN-C7M4C-K3CCH

Resurgence 

48XM5-PMIV8-7G5R3

Super Chibi Knight

3VK2N-23N0X-AKN4Z

Tempest

IQJBW-H2CMV-38P83

The Adventures of Capitano Navarro

57TW3-HJ9VL-AEKLW

The Journey : Bob's Story

5KN7B-IN32N-N3GTB

The Quest for Achievements II

53NJ2-KGVRA-B8VXV

Yet Another Zombie Defense

IVCZW-ZHPVH-V3BDP

Yet Another Zombie Defense

RQQTI-LX2LE-EC49L

Doesn't matter, someone lurked most if not all of them anyway
photo-thumb-40112.jpg

Even if Spoder were the type to lurk, he has over 6600 games on steam. When you have that many games, it's not easy to find games from a drop that you don't already have. I know this first-hand as I'm only about 45 games behind Spoder.

There should be a loyalty discount (for owning the original game) that'll kick in later today. 30% off so it should be 45% off after stacking with the current sale
I just read that the discount is not live yet, so if you own Outcast 1.1, hold out for that extra loyalty discount. Or support the dev and buy it NAO!

Shaq-Fu that.
It's because the game is almost out so they've charged cards, and once a charge has occurred you have to call to cancel and get a refund.

I mean, look, Battlefront 2 is a goddamn mess, but this isn't some sort of insidious trick. Everything else about the game is.

right, why bother with common sense when you can ride an outrage train instead
I mean, look, Battlefront 2 is a goddamn mess, but this isn't some sort of insidious trick. Everything else about the game is.
I would argue that hiding the option to even request a refund is fairly insidious in and of itself. Whether or not they've been doing this for years, months, or the last few days is irrelevant.

I would argue that hiding the option to even request a refund is fairly insidious in and of itself. Whether or not they've been doing this for years, months, or the last few days is irrelevant.
For digital preorders I can understand it. The issue is more that, with all of the problems plaguing Battlefront 2, why focus on their site UI? The loot boxes are still completely fucked, as are the costs for the heroes even after the 75% reduction. Get mad about that, not that they disable cancelling shortly before release, like pretty much any other retailer would do.

For digital preorders I can understand it. The issue is more that, with all of the problems plaguing Battlefront 2, why focus on their site UI? The loot boxes are still completely fucked, as are the costs for the heroes even after the 75% reduction. Get mad about that, not that they disable cancelling shortly before release, like pretty much any other retailer would do.
1) Don't forget that with the 75% reduction to point cost, MANY sites are reporting they also reduced total point GAIN by 75%. (i.e. Reportedly the story gives you 20,000 for completion. Now it gives you a paltry 5,000)

2) "any other retailer" gives me back my money. Amazon? I can cancel until it ships/emails. Old D2D? Same thing. Best buy? Same. For digital codes, no site has ever "locked" me in. Hell even STEAM lets me cancel up to 2 hrs played (and sometimes more).

It's just the shenanigans as a whole that is just maddening. I knew this was going to be how things turned out when Disney signed EA. And then EA has done nothing with regards to their image for years. But this time... man... enough is enough.

1) Don't forget that with the 75% reduction to point cost, MANY sites are reporting they also reduced total point GAIN by 75%. (i.e. Reportedly the story gives you 20,000 for completion. Now it gives you a paltry 5,000)

2) "any other retailer" gives me back my money. Amazon? I can cancel until it ships/emails. Old D2D? Same thing. Best buy? Same. For digital codes, no site has ever "locked" me in. Hell even STEAM lets me cancel up to 2 hrs played (and sometimes more).

It's just the shenanigans as a whole that is just maddening. I knew this was going to be how things turned out when Disney signed EA. And then EA has done nothing with regards to their image for years. But this time... man... enough is enough.
But they didn't always do that. Steam refunds are a relatively new thing. PSN, I'm pretty sure, doesn't let you cancel ever without jumping through some hoops. I don't know, because I've never preordered anything from PSN. No idea what the situation is on Xbox, either. And sure, you can cancel from Amazon... Before it ships. I would guess, on EA's part, they've marked this as the cutoff ("ship", metaphorically) date because of preloading or something.

Digital purchases have been virulently anti-consumer in almost every way possible until recently. They still are in many ways.

Again, I'm not saying they SHOULD do this. You seem to think I'm endorsing it. I'm saying I understand why this would happen, and it's far from the most predatory thing in this saga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Presumably the people canceling are already mad about that, thus the (stymied) attempts to cancel.
Well sure, but you still can -- there's even a way to get around talking to customer support, shown in a post on reddit (which I had to look at to see this mythical downvoted EA post. It was worth it), but I think a lot of the outrage is from people on the outside watching it go down. I doubt more than 5% of people have cancelled, and even that number seems high for such a big release.

Right now it seems like they're beating the "PROMOTING GAMBLING IN A GAME TARGETED AT CHILDREN" drum, which is a very Maude Flanders approach, but it might work. I dunno.

e: also that post reminds me that Origin does have a refund policy, and had it before Steam did. So really that handwringing is extra moot because you could just refund it immediately upon release. And you should.

Pretty sure preorders could start playing the game a few days early and that's why they did this. Makes sense. Other companies have done the shitty unlock grind wall before. RSS starter pack is pretty damn horrid. People just hate EA, fanboy over Star trek, so that's why we have all the nerd rage.

Everyone had a right to rage over EAs shit tactics. They lied about everything. Even their showcase of tip and tricks showed 1/4 of the cost of items...then release comes out and BAM! Shit costs 5-6x the price.

Oh. Also a limit on how much acres it you can get via playing the game?! Upon hitting said cap you won’t gain more for a set amount of time (hours...)

Pretty sure preorders could start playing the game a few days early and that's why they did this. Makes sense. Other companies have done the shitty unlock grind wall before. RSS starter pack is pretty damn horrid. People just hate EA, fanboy over Star trek, so that's why we have all the nerd rage.
The rss starter is pretty bad, but at least its at a pretty steep discount, Im sure this outrage would be different if EA offered a BF2 version at 65% off with the high grind wall vs. full price for no grind, which doesn't even exist in this case. Besides the option of the high grind was added long past the initial release as well, its not like it was ever there by default

Plus (if I recall correctly) the R6 starter pack came out well after the game launched.  It was a way for people to get into the game who already decided that they didn't want to pay for the base game.

For the whopping two other people in here who might care, GamersGate has the .hack remaster that was recently released on sale for 19% off.  If you pay with Razer zGold funnybucks, you can get the price down to $30 thanks to the additional discount and the top-up sale Razer is running right now.  Not a horrible deal from a content/price ratio if you're into games like this.

Now back to your regularly scheduled EA poopathon...

What's the most Steam bux you've ever banked at one time? I'm about to go for $350 and I don't know why.
had a little over 150 at one point, had a gift card from somebody for 50 and bought a gift card from ebay when there was a discount in addition to banked card money. that was about 2 years ago, have like 25 still in my account now

bread's done
Back