Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I jumped in on that Forza 4 deal at the last minute. I hope I don't run into those same audio crashes.

Via SteamDB:

510 games wishlisted
- 26 new historical low
-126 matching historical lows

I'm excited about the historical lows, but that means more than half the games on that list have been lower before. Publishers still seem to try to be hoping to ride that sales event wave while milking a few more percentage points. Shorter duration sales with a higher percentage outside these event sales seem to be the continuing trend.

I was pretty excited to see the DEEP DISCOUNT though. Brought back great memories.

Anything else that code works on? I've tried a bunch of things and can't find any.

EDIT: Nevermind, found out myself after doing some testing. Basically, that code probably was never meant to work on anything that's already discounted. It only works on non-XP offers and anything that's not on their voucher exclusion list. Problem is, there's tons of games with XP offers right now, so there are very few games it works with. The only other halfway decent deal I could find that it applies to is Kunitsu Gami (preorder).

If anyone wants either of those deals, best to act now because the code will likely be fixed to not apply to them.

Also works on Dragon's Dogma 2 for those who don't own it. Drops the price to $40.45 for standard, $46.23 for Deluxe.

Steam told me they're "pretty reasonable and we look at refunds on a case by case basis, so people are welcome to reach out and see what their options are" but wouldn't answer my question directly about whether I can spend time trying to troubleshoot the game and then still get a refund if I went over 2 hours. I don't know if I should risk it.

I checked out LossLess Scaling (LLS) [Steam key and DRM-FREE downloads] for like $5.59 or so from Humble with my 20% off discount (and also LLS is on sale on Steam straight-up at $5.59 too).

I have all kinds of ELEX 2 problems without LLS. ELEX 2 in DX12 mode performs good (i.e. 45-60fps often at 1080p), but you can get all kinds of weird graphical issues that get in your way to even get into areas (i.e. like at The Grotto, big weird boulder gets in the way of the entrance for me in DX12 mode) - so, that's a "no go" b/c of that sadly. DX11 has no graphical problems, but performs like crap at times - i.e. 25-30 frames in certain areas, such as Grotto and some places in the open-world.

Enter LLS. This app can use all kinds of scaling techniques (NIS, AMD FSR, etc)., force Frame Generation techniques on your GPU basically (this will be key for performance - as you can possibly double-to-triple framerates with this), and/or can force its own pseudo-like fullscreen (similar to what BorderLess Gaming app does).

A few things: you need a good & modern GPU with a good amount of VRAM to run this right; a high-end monitor (i.e. you want something with 120hz or better - so you can lock via MSI Afterburner or GPU's Software Panel to half of the monitor's supported framerate such as 60fps); run the game in Windowed Mode or Borderless Fullscreen (this app just doesn't work at all in Exclusive Fullscreen), and you need to in-game stabilize the framerate first (i.e go find the right settings to get it stable - stabilize that and you'll be good). Unstable framerates can cause in-game artifacts (think like DLSS does) and other graphical weirdness (framerate dips, slow-downs in performance, looks like someone at times threw Vaseline all over the screen like what TAA can do when you're not using FXAA with it, etc.) - so...find some settings you can run smooth fps at, most of the time and you'll be fine w/ this.

Also, MSI AfterBurner really won't tell you your new framerate via FG (Frame Generation); MSI AB shows me the OG non-FG framerate there on its display. LLS does show the FG-based framerate in the upper-left corner in-game when you enable the Show FPS Thing in the app, showing the new proper framerate with FG going in-game with its overlay/display. So, this app basically solved a lot of my ELEX 2: DX11 version performance problems, pushing it from 25-30 fps over (before LSS) to 60fps most of the time by enabling Frame Gen on my RTX 3060m laptop PC. Seems like a win there, so far. Running mostly at 1080p at Medium on ELEX 2 on my 3060m laptop, BTW.

I'm gonna have to test this on other games and all - but this looks to be a major performance booster, when it works right. And supposedly with locked 30fps or 60fps games, you can use Frame Gen to basically force it into 60fps (even if the game itself was locked at 30fps) or 120fps (if it was say locked at 60fps) - so this also could be really useful for old games that specific force framerate locks like that.

And definitely look at this LLS stuff on Youtube, if you're interested in this stuff. So, check Daniel Owens video on this app and Ancient GamePlays on this, for starters.

More to come.

Last edited:
Some people are finding that enabling Bluetooth stopped forza horizon 4 from crashing. I didn't try this.
So an update. I installed it on my Steam Deck and haven't had a crash yet. I did encounter an issue where the start up movies would play but no picture would show. I just let it run and it finally outputted video, so for anyone playing on the deck just do that to bypass it. I did have my bluetooth on by default so I'll play some more with it off and see if that has any affect.

Steam told me they're "pretty reasonable and we look at refunds on a case by case basis, so people are welcome to reach out and see what their options are" but wouldn't answer my question directly about whether I can spend time trying to troubleshoot the game and then still get a refund if I went over 2 hours. I don't know if I should risk it.

Frankly as long as it's not super abused anything under 2 hours is a pretty quick within 24 hrs refund. Anything over 2 hours you're likely to not get it unless it's broken, abandoned, or something like that. Just keep an eye on the time and use a timer or something and don't risk it over 2 hours. You're likely screwed if it's over 2 hours. I've been denied for being 12 minutes over 2 hours before and the game was pretty broken.

Last edited:
Frankly as long as it's not super abused anything under 2 hours is a pretty quick within 24 hrs refund. Anything over 2 hours you're likely to not get it unless it's broken, abandoned, or something like that. Just keep an eye on the time and use a timer or something and don't risk it over 2 hours. You're likely screwed if it's over 2 hours. I've been denied for being 12 minutes over 2 hours before and the game was pretty broken.
That is disappointing, I feel this Steam rep was basically telling me I could go ahead and do it, without saying it straight out.

So an update. I installed it on my Steam Deck and haven't had a crash yet. I did encounter an issue where the start up movies would play but no picture would show. I just let it run and it finally outputted video, so for anyone playing on the deck just do that to bypass it. I did have my bluetooth on by default so I'll play some more with it off and see if that has any affect.
I had a similar experience with my Deck. Running in game has been pretty smooth though.

It seems fairly likely that if you had it running before you'll be able to get it running again but I understand not taking that risk with a decently large purchase. The Game Pass version probably isn't identical but you could try a trial there to mess around with and test. You've got the better part of six months before it gets delisted so you could always wait and see if there's patches or possibly even a bigger sale.

It seems fairly likely that if you had it running before you'll be able to get it running again but I understand not taking that risk with a decently large purchase. The Game Pass version probably isn't identical but you could try a trial there to mess around with and test. You've got the better part of six months before it gets delisted so you could always wait and see if there's patches or possibly even a bigger sale.
The game pass version is technically superior since it supports impulse trigger feedback on the Xbox one/series controller. I think it actually performed better too vs. the steam version on launch.. but the steam version got patched up so it SHOULD perform the same as the MS store version now. The only thing the steam version is definitely missing is impulse trigger feedback.

I say all of this but still bought it on steam. I know if I ever want to play it on steam deck, buying it on steam is the way to go

394Qm3p.gif

24k4bp9.png

That's fine with me. I wonder if the different version would just work. Too bad the Microsoft version isn't on sale. If it just worked I'd buy that version.
Hopefully the Microsoft PC version will go on sale on the 15th with the xbox version. I'm going to install it tomorrow on my PC and run it in windows to see what it does. I think it running in steam OS is not giving me the same issues. What exactly was happening with yours? Was it just straight crashing at start up? Or would it run a bit then crash? Any errors?

Hopefully the Microsoft PC version will go on sale on the 15th with the xbox version. I'm going to install it tomorrow on my PC and run it in windows to see what it does. I think it running in steam OS is not giving me the same issues. What exactly was happening with yours? Was it just straight crashing at start up? Or would it run a bit then crash? Any errors?
So on startup I could enter the benchmark mode and it would run through the benchmark with no issues. But if I instead chose the "continue" button it would proceed to a black loading screen with a white loading circle and be displaying some of my stats at the bottom of the screen. It was always on this screen while the loading circle was animating that the game would just close, no messages or anything. There is an application crash log in windows event viewer, but it didn't seem to tell me anything, as far as I could tell.

I just subscribed to gamepass for 14 days. On sale on the 15th? Too bad my gamepass will be expired by then, maybe I could have gotten an extra 20% off.

Last edited:
Well I just played the microsoft store version of Forza Horizon 4 for like 3 hours with no issues. The only thing I can think of that I changed between refunding the Steam version and trying this version was I did "gaming services repair tool" in the xbox app. I don't know if that's what made the difference.

FYI it seems that the delisted hotwheels cars are available to buy in game with the in-game credits in this version of the game, in the DLC cars section. There were 6 cars. Unless those are different Hotwheels cars? In the xbox app you can't buy it. I got the mitsubishi pack for free in the xbox app.

I did not notice any different vibration/rumble in this version vs the Steam version. I have the series controller that I use with the PC USB dongle.

I guess I'll be waiting for them to discount the microsoft version and then buy the ultimate edition from them.

Last edited:
Well I just played the microsoft store version of Forza Horizon 4 for like 3 hours with no issues. The only thing I can think of that I changed between refunding the Steam version and trying this version was I did "gaming services repair tool" in the xbox app. I don't know if that's what made the difference.

FYI it seems that the delisted hotwheels cars are available to buy in game with the in-game credits in this version of the game, in the DLC cars section. There were 6 cars. Unless those are different Hotwheels cars? In the xbox app you can't buy it. I got the mitsubishi pack for free in the xbox app.

I did not notice any different vibration/rumble in this version vs the Steam version. I have the series controller that I use with the PC USB dongle.

I guess I'll be waiting for them to discount the microsoft version and then buy the ultimate edition from them.
The vibration is in the triggers. Vibration itself works just fine in both versions, but MS Store version is the only one with trigger feedback AFAIK.

The vibration is in the triggers. Vibration itself works just fine in both versions, but MS Store version is the only one with trigger feedback AFAIK.
I didn't notice anything like that. I don't think I've played anything with this feature, so I think I would have noticed. There is a chance it's doing it and I can't tell the difference, but I really doubt it. I'll try to pay even closer attention next time I play.

Pc gaming wiki does say the game has it. I wonder if I don't have it set up properly.

Last edited:
I didn't notice anything like that. I don't think I've played anything with this feature, so I think I would have noticed. There is a chance it's doing it and I can't tell the difference, but I really doubt it. I'll try to pay even closer attention next time I play.

Pc gaming wiki does say the game has it. I wonder if I don't have it set up properly.
Might be a driver you have to install. Go to steam controller settings and install the Xbox Extended Feature Support driver. I think that should enable it for the Xbox app games too since it's just a driver but I'm not sure. I saw on reddit that it fixed the issue for someone

I would think it'd definitely be noticeable. It makes the actual triggers vibrate.

EDIT: Yeah, that driver definitely adds trigger rumble. This is a full list of what it adds. Still not sure if it only affects Steam games

Added a setting for extended Xbox controller support. The option can be enabled in the General Controller Setting section of your Steam settings and requires a driver installation and restarting your computer.
Extended Xbox features include:
  • Support for more than 4 Xbox controllers
  • The ability to bind the Xbox Elite controller paddles in controller configurations
  • The ability to bind the Xbox Series X controller share button in controller configurations
  • Support for trigger rumble in games using Windows.Gaming.Input API

Last edited:
Might be a driver you have to install. Go to steam controller settings and install the Xbox Extended Feature Support driver. I think that should enable it for the Xbox app games too since it's just a driver but I'm not sure. I saw on reddit that it fixed the issue for someone

I would think it'd definitely be noticeable. It makes the actual triggers vibrate.

EDIT: Yeah, that driver definitely adds trigger rumble. This is a full list of what it adds. Still not sure if it only affects Steam games

Added a setting for extended Xbox controller support. The option can be enabled in the General Controller Setting section of your Steam settings and requires a driver installation and restarting your computer.
Extended Xbox features include:
  • Support for more than 4 Xbox controllers
  • The ability to bind the Xbox Elite controller paddles in controller configurations
  • The ability to bind the Xbox Series X controller share button in controller configurations
  • Support for trigger rumble in games using Windows.Gaming.Input API
Thanks, I'll make figuring this out a priority.

I installed that controller driver through Steam and then I'm pretty sure I experienced the trigger vibrations in Forza Horizon 4 gamepass. It was more subtle than I expected, and I forgot about it after a few minutes. Still a cool thing to have, but it's no DualSense haptics.

It's possible the trigger rumble was working all along in the game and I didn't notice.

I said before that you could buy the hot wheels cars in-game, but when you try there's just an error message. But the Mitsubishi pack works. I think you can buy codes for the hot wheels pack.

The trigger vibration is more noticeable when driving in off-road environments.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back