Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
STEAM.

Shadow Warrior Complete-A-Bundle (CAB) = $7.20

This bundle includes:
-> Shadow Warrior Classic: Redux
-> Shadow Warrior (2013 Reboot)
-> Shadow Warrior 2 (sequel to the Reboot)
-> Shadow Warrior 3: Definitive Edition (third game in the SW Reboot series).

Notes:
-> B/c this is a CAB on Steam: this bundle gives extra discounts, based on how much you might own already.
-> I'm seeing $4.60 to get the rest (SW2 and SW3), as I own Shadow Warrior Classic: Redux and Shadow Warrior (2013 Reboot).

Shadow Warrior 3 deluxe was a better deal on Nuuvem a week ago for $6. I'll hold out a bit longer since I have the deluxe version of the rest. There is no deluxe upgrade for SW3

I got the 1500 Dell rewards this past week and randomly got on the Alienware Arena site and the rewards popped up again to claim. Just got another 100 points. Not sure if this is intended, but I figured I’d share.

I got the 1500 Dell rewards this past week and randomly got on the Alienware Arena site and the rewards popped up again to claim. Just got another 100 points. Not sure if this is intended, but I figured I’d share.
Since other parts of the Anniversary promotion are going on until the 30th, the dell points might as well...

"When does the Steam Summer Sale 2024 start?​

The weather outside is getting nicer and nicer, but here’s something that may brighten your day even more: the Steam Summer Sale 2024 starts on June 27 at 10:00 AM PT (17:00 UTC). This massive shopping event will run for a little over two weeks, ending on July 11. As usual, it should also be an opportunity to drop some cards and showcase those sweet badges on your profile."

The dates are announced publicly well in advance now, it's definitely starting on Thursday. Of course it's been nearly a decade since there's been a summer sale really worth getting excited about.
It sounds like you remember the good old days! Those discounts used to be deep, and it drove many more to join the PC crowd. Once digital prices became the same as physical, we knew the party was over.

The dates are announced publicly well in advance now, it's definitely starting on Thursday. Of course it's been nearly a decade since there's been a summer sale really worth getting excited about.
I hate to be pessimistic but the problem is that almost without fail anytime there’s a steam sale indiegala, humble bundle, fanatical, or any one of the other dozen key resellers has had or currently has it cheaper. It’s rare you go to gg.deals and the cheapest ever price comes back as being from Steam.

That having been said, discounted or GameStop trade credit supplemented Steam wallet funds are nice as well…

Honestly what I miss more than extreme discounts was when Steam sales were an event and had something going on besides just a storewide price reduction and a few pointless card drops. We all knew flash sales would die with the refund policy but we didn't know activities and real events would go away because Steam would get so big that Valve didn't care any more about attracting new users.

bJagO09.gif

My favorite Steam Summer Sale event (I hated that one with the robots haha....I could never get a high value on it) was the ticket one I think it was where you would gain tickets from completing achievements. It got me to buy games and play them and I think I got a decent free game from the event. Of course that event wouldn't work nowadays with achievement unlockers and such, which is also why Greenmangaming stopped giving bonuses for achievements too. Just remembering those things makes me feel older as that event was likely ages ago now.

I'll still likely do my usual cleaning of my wishlist and probably getting like 1 or 2 things if they look interesting and likely haven't had a sale in a while. There is a few games that reach new lows, but that's only really for those games that are on Steam and maybe like one other place. Just isn't a major event anymore for the sales, but I do love crafting at least one level of badges for Steam events.

Edit: Holy heck that sale was from summer 2011! How time passes....

Last edited:
I hate to be pessimistic but the problem is that almost without fail anytime there’s a steam sale indiegala, humble bundle, fanatical, or any one of the other dozen key resellers has had or currently has it cheaper. It’s rare you go to gg.deals and the cheapest ever price comes back as being from Steam.

That having been said, discounted or GameStop trade credit supplemented Steam wallet funds are nice as well…
I haven't even thought about gg(dot)deals in a while! I used to check all those sites you mentioned for new bundles. I got a lot of smaller games I was interested in through those sites. One example that comes to mind is Insecticide Part 1, which was a game I wanted and then never played.

It feels good to be a CAG.

Forza Horizon 4 will be delisted on December 15th. It's 80% off on steam currently and the sale ends right when the summer sale starts. $20 for the ultimate edition
Thanks for the heads up, I had it on my wishlist already so I got the notification it was on sale, the fact it’s getting delisted is enough of a push to grab it now rather than wait.

I guess they're making it free to try to get more people playing it, which is a sign that it's dying off. The offline mode that they're adding is also an indication of that. Behaviour has a tendency of trying to make multiplayer games (or games with heavy multiplayer elements) to try to make the next big thing (like Dead by Daylight) and failing miserably at it. This is another example of that. They're not very good at making games and just got lucky with DBD.

I've been curious but hesitant about the Forza Horizon series for a while. I just bought the Horizon 4 Ultimate edition due to the discount and delisting. Hope I can determine if the game is right for me within the 2 hour refund window. I'm using to a very casual type of racing game, like The Crew.

Came with 50 DLC items, but I think some are duplicates... like the car pass is its own entry but I think each car in the pass has its own entry also.

From what I understand, the only thing missing from this edition is a Hotwheels car pack.

So I love racing games and would like to get into the Forza Horizon series. Might as well take advantage of this FH4 discount while I can.

But do I really need the Ultimate edition? Even though I’m into racers I’m not really a car aficionado, so if the ultimate edition is mostly just more licensed cars, that’s not really worth it for me. So I dunno if I should just save the $8.

Ironically, if the hot wheels pack was included, I’d get the ultimate edition for sure. Hot wheels are awesome and I’ve been hooked on Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 lately, literally one of the best arcade racers around these days.

Can anyone provide first hand experience with FH4 on the steamdeck?

I'll admit it: I dual boot windows but my windows partition got all messed up so now I just have a chunk of my hard drive wasted on a useless environment. And prior to that I wasn't thrilled with the forza performance on the windows partition playing the Microsoft/games 4 windows version.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Well this is disappointing. I really was enjoying Forza Horizon 4, but after 99 minutes it started crashing and now it crashes on start-up every time. I can't spend any more time trouble-shooting the game or it will go over 2 hours of playtime and then I can't get a refund. I'm going to have to refund it, I'm so bummed out. It was a really cool game.

Well this is disappointing. I really was enjoying Forza Horizon 4, but after 99 minutes it started crashing and now it crashes on start-up every time. I can't spend any more time trouble-shooting the game or it will go over 2 hours of playtime and then I can't get a refund. I'm going to have to refund it, I'm so bummed out. It was a really cool game.
Most common reason for crashing that I've heard about is because of nahimic services, disabling it might be the fix.

Most common reason for crashing that I've heard about is because of nahimic services, disabling it might be the fix.

Thanks. I already refunded the game, do you think if I bought it again I'd have any issues troubleshooting it for another 2 hours and then still refund it again if I can't figure it out?

The sale ends in 23 minutes, I'm sure it will go on sale again soon though.

I checked and I don't have nahimic service.

The game's sale has been extended til July 11.

Last edited:
Thanks. I already refunded the game, do you think if I bought it again I'd have any issues troubleshooting it for another 2 hours and then still refund it again if I can't figure it out?

The sale ends in 23 minutes, I'm sure it will go on sale again soon though.

I checked and I don't have nahimic service.
They'd probably count the initial 2 hours from the first purchase. It's risky but if you bought it and wanted to refund it again, steam support might manually give you a refund if you contact them and explain the situation. You would have to submit a support ticket though, if you go through the auto refund thing they'd just deny you a refund I think.

Also it's on sale again for the same price

I sent steam a message asking if I rebuy it can i get an exception to the 2 hour limit and try more troubleshooting.

I can't find the free daily sticker from the steam sale. Okay I got the sticker.

Last edited:
I've been curious but hesitant about the Forza Horizon series for a while. I just bought the Horizon 4 Ultimate edition due to the discount and delisting. Hope I can determine if the game is right for me within the 2 hour refund window. I'm using to a very casual type of racing game, like The Crew.

Came with 50 DLC items, but I think some are duplicates... like the car pass is its own entry but I think each car in the pass has its own entry also.

From what I understand, the only thing missing from this edition is a Hotwheels car pack.
The forza horizon 4 mitsubishi car pack is back on Steam for free. https://store.steampowered.com/app/...ck/?snr=1_5_1100__1100&utm_source=steamwidget
The Mitsubishi Car Pack is not included in the Ultimate Edition, so grab it while you can. Otherwise, yeah the only thing missing is the Hot Wheels Car Pack.
STAR WARS: Bounty Hunter Remastered is coming August 1st everywhere, including Steam.

TRAILER:
Actually excited about this since this is one of the first PC ports for a console-only Star Wars game in a long time (and its first time being on an Xbox console). Hopefully they go back and do more ports for the other 6th-gen console exclusive games (though all of them are on modern Xboxes through backwards compatibility except for the Xbox exclusive Obi-Wan iirc).

Last edited:
Steam Summer Sale is a go and is loading slowly and not well. I claimed a sticker from clicking on the category but it said the steam backend wasn't responding well. You can get a free sticker a day from these categories. There is also a free Steam Summer Sale card daily for going through your queue.

I can tell my queue is going to be mainly junk when I go through it and it's either low effort adult games, low effort adult visual novels, random free games (These are not terrible), random new simulators (I can pre-order Farming Simulator 2025!), and that's about it.

GMG has a code, SIZZLE15
Anything else that code works on? I've tried a bunch of things and can't find any.

EDIT: Nevermind, found out myself after doing some testing. Basically, that code probably was never meant to work on anything that's already discounted. It only works on non-XP offers and anything that's not on their voucher exclusion list. Problem is, there's tons of games with XP offers right now, so there are very few games it works with. The only other halfway decent deal I could find that it applies to is Kunitsu Gami (preorder).

If anyone wants either of those deals, best to act now because the code will likely be fixed to not apply to them.

Last edited:
I sent steam a message asking if I rebuy it can i get an exception to the 2 hour limit and try more troubleshooting.

I can't find the free daily sticker from the steam sale. Okay I got the sticker.
I purchased Forza 4 today. I'll install it this weekend and see if I get those crashes and mess with it to see if I can fix it. I will be playing on the Deck as well. I'll let you know.

I purchased Forza 4 today. I'll install it this weekend and see if I get those crashes and mess with it to see if I can fix it. I will be playing on the Deck as well. I'll let you know.
Thanks. I'm playing on desktop and for the first 99 minutes it was running totally fine. So I hope you have better luck than I did.

I liked the game so much I am almost tempted to buy it again knowing a refund would be off the table and just hoping I can get it to work. But I don't want to risk my money, and shouldn't have to.

bread's done
Back