Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
People are saying they're being charged (haven't been myself) but keys still aren't out so there's still time to cancel the orders. 

People are saying they're being charged (haven't been myself) but keys still aren't out so there's still time to cancel the orders.
Whaddya know, I've been too (shows "processing" tho). I thought people were saying they didn't charge pre-orders before providing the product. Although, I haven't pre-ordered from GS since L4D2. fuck it, keeping expectations low.

http://www.pcgamer.com/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-review/

The major problem with Gat Out of Hell is that the series' other traditional methods of delivering jokes – its mission design and scripting – are almost entirely absent. Instead, its mission givers offer playlists of open world mini-game activities. Saints Row IV did this too, but only as a diversion between the main missions. Here, there are no missions. Your job is to complete activities until you've caused enough carnage to attract Satan's wrath. Do so, and you'll unlock the final boss fight. The entire process took me around five hours – albeit with plenty of other activities left on the map.
You're so lucky with gamestop not honoring those orders

My favorite part is where Shrike mentions that the Winter sale was unusable due to "clicquish" things but ignores that fact that there was almost ZERO/NOTHING/NADA worthy of being called a sale on there... And then they point to Frisky in the PSN thread but that thread gets WAY more out of control (and has had members banned far more frequently) than this one.
Goodness, YES! The PSN thread is full of mostly assholes who are snarky and condescending to anyone not in their clique, but Frisky is fine with so apparently that's the model for us to follow. Let's form one overbearing clique to be in charge of this thread and make everyone else uncomfortable and make anyone new feel unwelcome. That is the CAG the mods want.

Looks good enough to wishilst, in hopes of a future bundle or a big sale/glitch. I like the idea of an open world police "sim". It looks a little basic, but the user reviews are mostly good and it seems like it could be fun harassing the locals.

http://www.pcgamer.com/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-review/

You're so lucky with gamestop not honoring those orders
I haven't played IV yet, but I'm kinda ok with a list of SR activities and a boss fight - for $5. For $20, I'd be pretty pissed.

Goodness, YES! The PSN thread is full of mostly assholes who are snarky and condescending to anyone not in their clique, but Frisky is fine with so apparently that's the model for us to follow. Let's form one overbearing clique to be in charge of this thread and make everyone else uncomfortable and make anyone new feel unwelcome. That is the CAG the mods want.
Most of CAG is filled with disrespectful, rude, and downright unintelligent little shits. But what do you expect? Look at the type of people that exclusively console. It's the reason I never uttered a word for the several years that I was on CAG before getting into PC gaming; it seemed like, outside of a handful of users, 9/10 of the population acted like stereotypical youtube 12 yr old COD'ers.

Meh, I say take the higher-ish road and let's just drop the comparisons and stereotypes (no matter how applicable they may actually be). The only way for CAG to improve is though the actions of its users. There's always going to be a rift and some animosity between console and PC, young and old, let's just not contribute to widening it. This is the last I'll speak on the matter...publicly...for now. Can we just get back to our normal OT behavior?

As I checked my profile and see that Steam says I own 1825 games, I pondered what my 2000th game might be.  Then it hit me!  My 2000th game will be my last game.  

Not sure how well this is going to work out, but that would leave me with 175 games I can add to my Steam account.  I'm hoping to b a lot more selective with my game adds from now on, but we'll see how that works.

Of course I just bought the new Bundlestars to add another 10 to my game count, but we'll see.  

Reading the subpar reviews for Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, Gamestop may be doing me a favor if they cancel my preorder.

Or let the order go through and teach me a valuable lesson about preordering games.

Can we just get back to our normal OT behavior?
giphy.gif

As I checked my profile and see that Steam says I own 1825 games, I pondered what my 2000th game might be. Then it hit me! My 2000th game will be my last game.

Not sure how well this is going to work out, but that would leave me with 175 games I can add to my Steam account. I'm hoping to b a lot more selective with my game adds from now on, but we'll see how that works.

Of course I just bought the new Bundlestars to add another 10 to my game count, but we'll see.
It won't work, due to bundles.

As I checked my profile and see that Steam says I own 1825 games, I pondered what my 2000th game might be. Then it hit me! My 2000th game will be my last game.

Not sure how well this is going to work out, but that would leave me with 175 games I can add to my Steam account. I'm hoping to b a lot more selective with my game adds from now on, but we'll see how that works.

I'm thinking your dog's steam account backlog is going to start growing soon.

In b4 everyone else

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

You could always do what Carlmundo is doing and ask Steam to remove like 1,000 games from your account.

Seriously, he's doing that.

You could always do what Carlmundo is doing and ask Steam to remove like 1,000 games from your account.

Seriously, he's doing that.
I've asked them to remove like 100 games over the years.

Unfortunately I can't have a certain game removed because I've got time played on it and that info isn't removed from your account. Bleh.

Is that a cry for help? Whatever you're going through, it's going to get better. No reason to be speaking in finalities and absolutes. Just keep adding games 1 or 2 or 10 at a time. Keep on plugging away. These thoughts will pass...

Okay since Neuro broke the seal, [customspoiler=I went for it.]
GtkiBY8.jpg
[/customspoiler]

*Edit: Why am I not shocked that you can play as a lesbian in this game?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm at 1981, My only goal was to not let 2k be bundle crap.

I can't imagine going cold-turkey.

So does the writing in huniepop manage to hold up throughout? I don't want to buy and be disappointed that the clips posted here were the best stuff.

I'm not sure to yellow sans that or not on second thought. I may actually be interested at picking it up some day in the sub $2 range if it's a decent puzzler and keeps making me laugh.

Oh! Oh! I want to play too! Here's mine.

Did I do it right? Did I?

Last edited:
I know I sound like a total FakeCAG, but I feel like I have a lot of games in my backlog at 183, most of which I'll never play. In my defense, I didn't really start using Steam until ~3-4 years ago. I don't know what should be my 200th let alone 1000.

I know I sound like a total FakeCAG, but I feel like I have a lot of games in my backlog at 183, most of which I'll never play. In my defense, I didn't really start using Steam until ~3-4 years ago. I don't know what should be my 200th let alone 1000.
How long do you think most of us have been using it exactly?

And no, having one or two Valve games because that was pretty much all there was and then not touching it again for 6 or 8 years doesn't count.

Steam has only really been 'a big thing' for about that time frame anyhow and bundles to any significant degree didn't really exist before that.

I just don't buy every bundle just for the +1's. I'll only buy something if I'm sure I'll play it at some point or if I think my wife will be interested in it. That being said, I have gotten a lot of games from drops/giveaways, so I really shouldn't even have that many. I really pale in comparison to most people here and I'm really in awe of many of you.

I've been using Steam regularly for about 3 months and I'm ready up to 150 games. That's including the fact that, like you, I only pick up bundles that have games I'm interested in. I....uh...may have a problem.

Not that there has been anything worthwhile there, but here's a promo code for Direct2Drive:

US: THANKYOU2014 / UK: THANKYOU2014UK
10% off your entire purchase of $39.99 or more. Coupon expires January 31, 2015

Not that there has been anything worthwhile there, but here's a promo code for Direct2Drive:

US: THANKYOU2014 / UK: THANKYOU2014UK
10% off your entire purchase of $39.99 or more. Coupon expires January 31, 2015
hGEc3HX.gif

They sent me that I while back but I didn't think it was worth mentioning. We should all take bets on how long until this incarnation goes tits up and whether it will get sold before Desura or Gamestop.

In other (slightly less but still) shitty useless discount news, UPlay sent me a 30% off code via email for participating in their lame 15 days promo, which was sadly still better than anything Steam had going on during their winter sale*.

* gem auction don't count cuz it was prior to the winter sale

If you participated in the Uplay 15 day promo, you should get an email with a 30% off coupon soon.

"We would like to thank you for taking part in Uplay 15 Days. Please find below a 30% discount available from the Uplay Shop*:

*PC Digital only. Discount excludes pre-orders and new releases."

EDIT: Motoki'd

But won't work with discounts? like last year. So it's nothing unless you like preord... no wait those are excluded too.
I've yet to find anything in their store it works on even trying old not on sale stuff from Ubisoft. It doesn't give you an error message either. It just doesn't do anything an the price doesn't go down.

I've yet to find anything in their store it works on even trying old not on sale stuff from Ubisoft. It doesn't give you an error message either. It just doesn't do anything an the price doesn't go down.
Now I know why they didn't list an expiration date.. it was never valid to begin with!

Someone who's been at it for a few years and has less games, finally feel better! =p.

I'm on 7 years(?) now, and around 350+ now, most of it I've never played and likely will play at most an hour of. Quite a few of my games are from when they'd put indie games up for a buck or two and do sale games where you had to get an achievement for them. Rest is some humble fodder and a bit of indiegala fodder with, of course, games I played/wanted to play/plan to play mixed in.

And likewise don't get into the +1 stuff, my worst is I'll buy bundles sometimes to get cards to sell, though that was much more so when I had bitcoin I wanted to turn into video game spending money.

bread's done
Back