Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Kind of glad I didnt bite on that Gat Out of Hell deal at Gamestop...everything I've read points to it being a bit of a disappointment.

Well I'm glad some people are pleased with themselves now, but nobody is saying it will be game of the year (in the real sense, not in the packaged with all the DLC fake sense).

It's a Saints Row stand alone DLC. If you run around and do stupid shit for a few hours or so then it's served its purpose.

We've all bought worse for more. It was $5 for a shot at a new release and if it goes through then it's $5 and so what and if it doesn't then oh well.

I don't exactly put a lot of stock in the thoughts of 'professional gaming reviewers' or Youtube celebrities either.

Hi, I'm new.. .
If that was directed at me, I'm sure I don't appreciate the cut of your jib, sir.

Also, /DoNotLike and have some of this:

4c33743c896b094c763b5cdf96c5abed.jpg

Otherwise, nevermind.

Ugh Big Fish.  I have already played that stupid Fishdom game for about five hours between yesterday and today.  I did what some of you did to get three game and had to resist buying more.  There were actually several games I wanted to pick up so I guess I'll keep the club thing for a month and see if any of them get dailies. If I knew they wouldn't be cheaper anytime soon I'd just close my eyes, pretend the discount was higher and buy that Kitten Sanctuary game and a few others today and then ignore that site from now on.  I have a bad feeling I have found another pit to throw my money into. 

As I checked my profile and see that Steam says I own 1825 games, I pondered what my 2000th game might be. Then it hit me! My 2000th game will be my last game.

Not sure how well this is going to work out, but that would leave me with 175 games I can add to my Steam account. I'm hoping to b a lot more selective with my game adds from now on, but we'll see how that works.

Of course I just bought the new Bundlestars to add another 10 to my game count, but we'll see.
I get where you're coming from. For a while now, I've only been activating games that I'm really interested in and will actually get round to playing. I have over 1400 and decided I'm really not happy with a good number of the games I own. Many of the games in my Steam library didn't represent my interest in games and have made my profile full of titles that I don't want to be associated with. On top of this, hiding them still makes them visible to others.

So I made a big list (around half my library) of games that I want removed and sent it to Valve. I'll be amazed if they accept it though.

Yes, yes I know I'm a terrible person, what a waste, etc etc :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I get where you're coming from. For a while now, I've only been activating games that I'm really interested in and will actually get round to playing. I have over 1400 and decided I'm really not happy with a good number of the games I own. Many of the games in my Steam library didn't represent my interest in games and have made my profile full of titles that I don't want to be associated with. On top of this, hiding them still makes them visible to others.

So I made a big list (around half my library) of games that I want removed and sent it to Valve. I'll be amazed if they accept it though.

Yes, yes I know I'm a terrible person, what a waste, etc etc :)
KEEP LIST:

Call of Duty

Goat Simulator

REMOVE LIST:

Baldur's Gate

Knights of the Old Republic

tgX3SLU.gif

As in you are doubting the front page, or think one of us is some super secret insider who knows when it will reallly be back up?
As in a week seems like a long time for a site to be down. The announcement heralds the new version of the site about a week from now, but does not indicate that the site will be down continuously until then.

Edit - Also, I did not see an announcement prior to the site going down, so I was hoping someone had the skinny.

So I guess buying on Humble Store is like the equivalent of having a Playboy mailed to you wrapped in unmarked brown paper.

So I guess buying on Humble Store is like the equivalent of having a Playboy mailed to you wrapped in unmarked brown paper.
And if you start another game before it, it doesn't show up on friends list. It's like putting another magazine on top of playboy ;)

I swear I checked the FAQ and didn't see mention of disable. thanks!
I've had mine set to private that requires people to ask before watching. I like to know who the curious people are before I randomly find out they're watching me through a window I left open.

[customspoiler=What you'll get if you click Watch Game for a CAG]
UNgiH1B.png
[/customspoiler]
I'm pretty sure that 5 people on my friends list of 100+ play actual games. Basically everybody on my friends list who isn't a CAG, which is probably more than 5 people.

In all honesty though, it's too hard to tell who's really playing a game and who's just jerkin it to cards without actually doing legwork.

Havent gone through the thread past few hours, but apparently Gamestop WILL be honoring the $5 Gat Out of Hell price, at least according to this:

"According to a few users who contacted Gamestop customer service for their site said they will honor the $5 price. We'll find out tomorrow when they're supposed to charge / email the code."

That was posted in a group Im a member of on Steam.

If anyone ordered it, and after seeing reviews doesn't want it any longer, I have some nice shiney paypal and will gladly take it for $5.

Reading the subpar reviews for Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, Gamestop may be doing me a favor if they cancel my preorder.

Or let the order go through and teach me a valuable lesson about preordering games.
I don't think this instance fits the "Preorders are Bad" paradigm. Shit, I would preorder more often at $5 (total).

Many of the games in my Steam library didn't represent my interest in games and have made my profile full of titles that I don't want to be associated with.
How so the bolded?

CAG ate my cheaplikeafox multiquote, but if what you're getting at is that you'll be done buying at 2000 in order to actually focus on the games you already have backlogged, that's very admirable. Futile, perhaps, but admirable.

I thought about doing a guess-the-number-of-jellybeans contest with a date for when I hit 2000, but I haven't figured out how not to bias the result. Is there a website or app that keeps info locked and private until a certain time?

Right, because some customer service drone for Gamestop is totally reliable.

Oh and Majoki yeah that shows up all the time when bundled games give out keys before they actually release on Steam. Really common. Well it is if you buy a shit-ton of bundles with non-Steam games and then stay on top of keys being distributed the second they come out anyhow.

Not saying it is, but considering everyone is now getting charged, its very possible.

If I was to bet, I'd bet on it being honored at this point. They could've mass cancelled all orders for it before processing charges without that hassle.

So, I have my free punch card coupon from Massive Sushi, but now I don't know what to get. Maybe that Criminal Minds game, since I'm at least a fan of the show (or at least I was the last time I watched it 3 years ago).

Edit: So, yeah. The vicious cycle has started. I'm two punches away from another free game.

Oh and Majoki yeah that shows up all the time when bundled games give out keys before they actually release on Steam. Really common. Well it is if you buy a shit-ton of bundles with non-Steam games and then stay on top of keys being distributed the second they come out anyhow.
Yes I know, but I have never got notification when game is available, like it promises.

I think it's just their awkward way of saying it will show up in new releases, and possibly old language from when Steam actually used to post most new releases to the news feed. *shrug*

I half want the pre-order honored because, well, I'm not sure. But, the other half of me wants to see it canceled just for the drama. That might be worth the $5 in itself.

It's MLK Day. Keep Hope Alive.

but I still am not underestimating Gamestop's incompetence so not really counting on it.
The impressive scale of all the refunds should be staggering. They better not try and do a switch for $5 in GS space bux instead. Those assholes would though. They certainly would.

So, I have my free punch card coupon from Massive Sushi, but now I don't know what to get. Maybe that Criminal Minds game, since I'm at least a fan of the show (or at least I was the last time I watched it 3 years ago).
Didn't really care for Criminal Minds, but I played that back when I still had ridiculously high standards for my pointandclickers. Next stupid TV tie-in game i'll talk myself into needing will probably be either Psych or Party Down.

bread's done
Back