Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Steam wouldn't ban your whole account.

But it's just a matter of time, I give it until the end of the summer, before Steam announces a more favorable revenue split to publishers.  They're not going to just sit idly by and continue to lose market share to another platform.  Staying silent is the proper gameplan when you have a stranglehold on the market, but the game has changed.  Valve will need concrete stats from sales data to determine that the Epic store is actually doing some sales volume and then they'll respond. 

We don't really know if customers are buying substantial quantities of retail games on the EGS at this point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, your whole library shouldn't be taken away from you even if you're a filthy cheater.  This is an oversight.  Once Epic catches wind they'll fix it.  My main annoyance is that people "raging" about this don't really care.  They're never buying anything from Epic.  They're just mad their little RPG that is supposed to put Fallout 76 to shame got yanked from Steam so they are just finding any excuse to fake rage about Epic. 

Obviously, your whole library shouldn't be taken away from you even if you're a filthy cheater. This is an oversight. Once Epic catches wind they'll fix it. My main annoyance is that people "raging" about this don't really care. They're never buying anything from Epic. They're just mad their little RPG that is supposed to put Fallout 76 to shame got yanked from Steam so they are just finding any excuse to fake rage about Epic.
Big facts

Obviously, your whole library shouldn't be taken away from you even if you're a filthy cheater. This is an oversight. Once Epic catches wind they'll fix it. My main annoyance is that people "raging" about this don't really care. They're never buying anything from Epic. They're just mad their little RPG that is supposed to put Fallout 76 to shame got yanked from Steam so they are just finding any excuse to fake rage about Epic.
Is it still ok to legitimate rage at Epic thanks to anticonsumer practices, lax security practices and dubious customer privacy practices?

Bloodlines 2 is releasing on Steam, GoG and Epic and there has been no mention of it being an exclusive. :bouncy:

My main annoyance is that people "raging" about this don't really care. They're never buying anything from Epic. They're just mad their little RPG that is supposed to put Fallout 76 to shame got yanked from Steam so they are just finding any excuse to fake rage about Epic.
Circular logic. "Epic has sloppy/half-implemented features but you're only mad because certain games are Epic exclusive." This completely ignores the reason why people are mad that certain games are Epic exclusive: because the platform is bad. Epic knows the platform is inferior so that is why they have to force exclusives. Instead of waiting and releasing a polished platform they put that money into buying off developers/publishers for exclusivity to force people to choose their platform despite its flaws.

I'm struggling to understand why that is an illegitimate reason to dislike Epic. I'm going to need a better argument rather than what essentially boils down to 'lol, u mad?'

People complaining about the Epic ban are like people who shoot at cops and are surprised the cops shoot back.

Bloodlines 2 is releasing on Steam, GoG and Epic and there has been no mention of it being an exclusive. :bouncy:
I posted this like a day or two ago. Why are people surprised?

Edit: Whoops, posted that info on a diff forum :p My bad.

We still have to wait for the last minute irresistible Epic offer though...
I doubt it will go exclusive since it is already for sale on GoG and Steam and has been selling briskly. They saw an opportunity for a ton of preorders by putting it up for sale immediately in order to take advantage of the "Epic scare" and I doubt Epic wants to throw a pile of cash at a game that is already a bestseller on two rival platforms.

Circular logic. "Epic has sloppy/half-implemented features but you're only mad because certain games are Epic exclusive." This completely ignores the reason why people are mad that certain games are Epic exclusive: because the platform is bad. Epic knows the platform is inferior so that is why they have to force exclusives. Instead of waiting and releasing a polished platform they put that money into buying off developers/publishers for exclusivity to force people to choose their platform despite its flaws.

I'm struggling to understand why that is an illegitimate reason to dislike Epic. I'm going to need a better argument rather than what essentially boils down to 'lol, u mad?'
My argument is that unless you are a potential Epic consumer, all this outrage is fake. You guys are mad the game you want isn't on Steam and so you're nitpicking everything else.

I know this forum. You guys don't buy games year one at full price. Most of you guys won't even buy a game on Uplay or Origin and they both have decent clients.

So the point is, Epic could address all those "issues" and the main people complaining would still not buy a game from them. They could have come out the gate with a client on par with Steam and those people would still be mad the game wasn't on Steam.

I much prefer people just be up front about their outrage instead of trying to find other things to disguise it.

They would if they actually did something pro-consumer blah blah blah. What Epic does is pro-developer, nothing more. blah blah blah hamfisted blah blah blah.
When have they not presented it as pro-developer? They've said endlessly that their strategy is to attract developers with higher shares of the sale proceeds, and attract consumers at this very early stage with giveaways.

Epic is basically using the same strategy as the Michael Scott Paper Company. The main difference is that the latter was bluffing and had no money, while the former is flush with Fortnite cash. :p

Also, I don't see any "outrage" from Epic critics/detractors. I just see people sharing their views. Being a customer of a certain company is not a prerequisite for having an opinion on the business model of said company. "I don't like this and won't support it" is as valid a consumer position as any other (voting with wallet).

Again, it doesn't really matter what features Epic adds or what sort of discounts and deals they offer. People will still avoid them and stick with Steam.

My argument is that unless you are a potential Epic consumer, all this outrage is fake.
I own a computer, I buy games, in fact we all do.

We are ALL potential customers. Why we choose to not shop there can be be many reasons... Including how they handle cheating on their platform. (Even if we never have any interest or intent to cheat.)

Relevant recent anecdote:

One of my friends was trying to talk me into purchasing battlefield V to play its new BR mode tomorrow, but I'm somewhat jaded on the genre and refused to be peer pressured.  So he said 'maybe I'll stream me playing and you can see what you think' but as far as we are aware Origin doesn't allow such a thing whereas with steam it would be as easy as clicking watch broadcast.

I don't use a ton of steam features, but I like having the option on the off chance I happen to want to.  I also tend to ignore most of my games purchased on platforms other than steam since steam is where most of my games and friends are.  Its frustrating that games I may have been interested in were slated to come to then later taken off of my first platform of choice and put solely on my last platform of choice.  I imagine this is a feeling shared by many people here and it isn't outrage in the slightest, its more annoyance and is a valid complaint.  

What's people's thoughts about ranch (or blue cheese) dressing on pizza?

EDIT:

I meant dipping.

Consuming them both at the same time in some fashion.

Ranch belongs on salad and thats it. It has grown to become an abomination of the condiment world over the past 20 years. Its an overload of taste and completely drowns out anything that its put on so all you taste is ranch and it should be shunned

I'm more raging that you don't know that Fortnite has a single player/coop mode, it came before battle royale. You can only buy it through the game itself.

Also, $10-20 early access games can put FO76 to shame.

Ranch is the worst.

Though a chicken, bacon, ranch pizza does have it's place in the world.

And yeah...

blue cheese + wings = correct

anything other than blue cheese + wings = wrong

I have no use for blue cheese on anything other than a Cobb Salad. "Blue Cheese Dressing" is an abomination that should be blown out of an airlock.

Ranch belongs on salad and thats it. It has grown to become an abomination of the condiment world over the past 20 years. Its an overload of taste and completely drowns out anything that its put on so all you taste is ranch and it should be shunned
Ranch has no place on most salads. There are far better options.

But good ranch (not the stuff sitting on the shelf) is an excellent dip for fried foods. Onion rings, okra, pickles, mushrooms, cauliflower--most any vegetable that can be breaded and fried works with (good) ranch.

With wings I'd rather go with blue cheese, and that only with buffalo wings. Ranch on pizza? Nah. No cheese sauce for pizza dipping either.

You can get/make ranch dressing with almost no carbs so it is nice for eating low-carb.  Cayenne-ranch is nice with grilled chicken, regular ranch or blue cheese is nice with hot wings, in moderation.  Outside of that I eat neither.  For salad I want either Caesar or Greek dressing.  

I'll do blue cheese on a wedge salad. There's a vinaigrette called Garlic Expressions that's really good.

I've never been a fan of ranch and I find it's the most overused condiment out there.

Blue cheese and hot wings make a nice combinations IMO.

Easy

Blue cheese dressing + Wings

Honey mustard dressing + Salad

Ranch dressing + Cheap pizza

bread's done
Back