Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I am Melissa Joan Hart's father. That was the Shymalan twist at the end of series in the deleted scenes.

Want another Shymalan twist?

Spider-Man was black the whole time.

Yeah, it was funnier in my head.
Next you'll be trying to prove that George Washington didn't fly jets in the Revolutionary War. Nice try, libtard, you can't fool me.

wow, actually got that hitman 2 gold deal to work. had to reload pages a few times, but finally got my key. dunno how long deal will last, but worth trying if you wanna save 15 bucks off steam sale price

https://www.allyouplay.com/en/hitman2-gold-edition-launch-ww
Anyone have any experience with this site? I've found some complaining about pending Paypal charges (due to automatic refund) when not using the same email address between the Allplay account and paypal but not much else so far.

Anyone have any experience with this site? I've found some complaining about pending Paypal charges (due to automatic refund) when not using the same email address between the Allplay account and paypal but not much else so far.
I tried ordering Wargroove via PayPal and got instantly refunded despite my PayPal email being the same as my allyouplay account email. Same thing has happened to other people as well. Some people have no issues though

I'm already pretty much done with Neoverse. I unlocked all the costumes and beat hunter mode with the Paladin. Game got extremely buggy (still in early access) when my force (more power for each attack for each stack of it) went over 20 I think. My attacks became so weak I could barely do damage. I'm just lucky I was so well off with other buffs I still finished the game. Should have been much easier. I think that's the issue with the game. The game feels easy compared to Slay the Spire. I love the quest system to unlock buffs and having the shop available always, but the Skill system I think makes it too easy. You may not have all the skills at all times, but strong ones are available always. I also feel that the graphics are nice, but they're still somewhat bland in a way. The music is also mainly forgettable. I enjoyed it honestly, but felt that at some point you get so many skills that it makes a bit easy except for harder stages in Hunter mode. Also the paladin and summoner are extremely powerful. 4 of their wins for me were trivial. A pretty good games overall I would rate around an 8/10, but it's not better than Slay the Spire. Still a very decent game. I got my moneys worth already. I also need to mention the combo system is kind of cool, but the parry system isn't easy to do. Also defense as fights go on is only good once you have defense cards that give a mass amount of defense. The enemies do way too much damage at that point even weakened. 

Last edited by a moderator:
the x370 taichi
also have a x370 taichi. Love that board. Since I already have a 9700k for gaming I might wait a bit on the 3000 series. For me, Ryzen is for workstation tasks. My microcenter has $50 off with a combo on the 3600 so that's pretty decent.

Checked out the Ryzen 2 launch at Microcenter this morning.  Dude there hooked me up

Ryzen-tee.jpg

I only got the 3700x because I had to buy a mobo and memory with it so I still spend $750 (so far)
This launch was pretty amazing. They had -$50 bundles and $159.99 X570 mobos at MC. So a person could get a really reasonable Ryzen 3600 setup ($199.99) for about $310 + tax out the door. The value these processors are providing is excellent. Need to see some gaming benchmarks now.

I only got the 3700x because I had to buy a mobo and memory with it so I still spend $750 (so far)
The 3700x almost performs identical to the 3900x so you really don't lose much

Only reason I got the 3900 is because I had 10% off for my Bday at best buy and $150 in Reward Certs (so $324 for it)

Yeah, I believe the 3700x is going to be the sweet spot for most buyers.   $329.99 and 8c/16t.  Seems ideal. 

Staples sells graphics cards... learn something new everyday

Think I'll wait for whatever is next. My 1080 is still hanging in there strong enough and only by spending ~$1200 will I get the ray tracing performance I want.

alright cool I won't submit the order then.   Don't want to deal with in-limbo charges or refund nonsense. 

It was nice to get a deals high for a few minutes at least. 

Started playing watch dogs last week. It's pretty much like every other ubisoft game, competent gameplay, story i don't care about, repetitive side quests, tower unlocks, etc. Something about ubisoft games though where i'm playing it and i'm semi-sick of it 6 hours into the game but can't stop playing, either. It's really weird

anyway i give it like a 6.5/10 or so

Finished up Heavy Rain (PC / Epic) in one day (July 4th) recently; and today finished-up Metro: Exodus (PC / Xbox for PC Game Pass).

I'm on a roll w/ finishing games!

Heavy Rain was good, but could've been great if it didn't have issues - which sounds like pretty much every David Cage and Quantic Dream game that I've played. Some issues included performance issues in a few scenes/chapters (no matter what settings, it just hit a crawl/slideshow at times); some stilted writing, dialogue, and voice-acting; and the game's story & game itself takes a bit (like 2 hours) before it really gets going.

Metro: Exodus was just an overall excellent shooter. This series just can't seem to do any wrong...and that tradition continues with Exodus. Looks, plays, and runs great - 1080p at High, easy hitting 60-80fps without any issues; locked it down to 60fps just to keep it smooth. At Ultra, around 40-60fps. With some more open levels here and there; lots of open-space environments; some linear levels; and it actually does a good job w/ its storytelling and narrative - Exodus really nails this one. Really enjoyed the heck out of this one.

Started playing watch dogs last week. It's pretty much like every other ubisoft game, competent gameplay, story i don't care about, repetitive side quests, tower unlocks, etc. Something about ubisoft games though where i'm playing it and i'm semi-sick of it 6 hours into the game but can't stop playing, either. It's really weird

anyway i give it like a 6.5/10 or so
I got a similar feeling from Assassin's Creed Origins. I have mixed feelings about the RPG like elements and leveled enemies, but the open world is very detailed and general movement is a lot smoother than the older games. Ubisoft's open worlds are quite strong, but the collect-a-thon elements are annoying. I still like their games though, and I've got a decent track record of finishing their games, versus more hardcore oriented titles from other developers/publishers. Maybe that's why I decided against getting Kingdom Come Deliverance from the next Humble Monthly and remain very hesitant about getting Dragon's Dogma from the Steam sale (hasn't been re-bundled unlike some other Capcom games).

I'm having a hard time choosing Steam games, honestly. I mean, I want something, but I really don't know what. I do know I want it to be cheap and fun, though.

I got a similar feeling from Assassin's Creed Origins. I have mixed feelings about the RPG like elements and leveled enemies, but the open world is very detailed and general movement is a lot smoother than the older games. Ubisoft's open worlds are quite strong, but the collect-a-thon elements are annoying. I still like their games though, and I've got a decent track record of finishing their games, versus more hardcore oriented titles from other developers/publishers. Maybe that's why I decided against getting Kingdom Come Deliverance from the next Humble Monthly and remain very hesitant about getting Dragon's Dogma from the Steam sale (hasn't been re-bundled unlike some other Capcom games).
I really prefer games like Dragon's Dogma, I find them a lot more engaging. Ubisoft games are decent enough but I find them really mindless. Half the time when playing one of them I mute it and put on a podcast or something. I think it's just because their maps are so dense with icons collectibles and identical objectives that it kind of feels like you're just sleep walking through the game. I enjoy them well enough but the only Ubisoft games I've played in the last 15 years or so that I thought were truly great were Rayman Origins/Legends, which are obviously a whole different thing than the typical open world ubisoft title

Definitely wanna hear more about these Ryzen builds, would love to get something similar before the end of the year.
I mean, what are you looking for? Clean build? Upgrade? If it's pure value, a 3700x is what you wanna aim for. Takes the 9900k to task for any use case that ain't literally only using a computer as a console replacement. For mobo's you could go with X470/B450 but honestly since you can get X570 for only like ~$30ish more, why the fuck not? Splurge.

Need to do more research on memory, but I think the current consensus is it's not as imperative as it was for the AMD 2000-series. 2x8 GB 3200-3600 should do you quite nice. 3733 is about as high as you wanna go unless your goal is to fling dollars at your monitor, and then you're not even in the same ballpark as the 3000-series builds.

I think it's just because their maps are so dense with icons collectibles and identical objectives that it kind of feels like you're just sleep walking through the game.
This is exactly how I feel about every open world game.

I'm paying for someone to paint me a story, not for me to choose from a vast array of possible stories. A tangential little excursion to break up the pacing so as not to finish the game too quickly is fine; but when GTA-like games just plop you on a road and give you the choice to either drive 5 minutes to the next objective or fuck off for an hour killing hookers and taking cool whips back to your shop, you damn well know I'm doing the latter until I get bored of the entire mechanics of the game and turn it off.

Make sure I'm invested in the main story, and don't give me 270 side quests about finding Napoleon's lost pocket watch or collecting chamber pots or any other stupid shit that nobody enjoys. We only tolerate them because we think we'll miss out on the full experience if we don't.

This is exactly how I feel about every open world game.

I'm paying for someone to paint me a story, not for me to choose from a vast array of possible stories. A tangential little excursion to break up the pacing so as not to finish the game too quickly is fine; but when GTA-like games just plop you on a road and give you the choice to either drive 5 minutes to the next objective or fuck off for an hour killing hookers and taking cool whips back to your shop, you damn well know I'm doing the latter until I get bored of the entire mechanics of the game and turn it off.

Make sure I'm invested in the main story, and don't give me 270 side quests about finding Napoleon's lost pocket watch or collecting chamber pots or any other stupid shit that nobody enjoys. We only tolerate them because we think we'll miss out on the full experience if we don't.
I can get that. I typically really like open world games, Ubisoft ones though seem to take the repetitive missions and icon filled map to an extreme, and neither the gameplay/immersion of the world/story ever seem to stick out well enough to really make the game any more than just okay for any of their titles

Ubisoft publishes games that are so derivative of each other and samey that their own games fall under the umbrella of the genre "Ubisoft-likes". They are simulacra; a copy of something without an original. 

I believe the Ubisoft formula got heavier right around Far Cry 3. The worlds in Ubisoft games are very well built but they do get undermined by some of those elements. The towers do work better in the AC games, as they fit well with the gameplay, while they were frustrating in Far Cry 3. The games also work better if you take some breaks in between. And I don't believe these games would work well with a subscription service, as they are not ideal for a binge playthrough. The Witcher 3 feels inspired by Ubisoft, with it arguably being filled with even more question marks to find than those games.

Conversely, playing something like Yakuza 0 shows how small districts filled with content allows for more meaningful locations than open world games spanning across entire continents.

I'm having a hard time choosing Steam games, honestly. I mean, I want something, but I really don't know what. I do know I want it to be cheap and fun, though.
If you're looking for something to play with other people I suggest golf it. Picked it up a couple days ago and already have around 6 hours in it. Thousands of courses too from the workshop and its under $5.

I'm already pretty much done with Neoverse. I unlocked all the costumes and beat hunter mode with the Paladin. Game got extremely buggy (still in early access) when my force (more power for each attack for each stack of it) went over 20 I think. My attacks became so weak I could barely do damage. I'm just lucky I was so well off with other buffs I still finished the game. Should have been much easier. I think that's the issue with the game. The game feels easy compared to Slay the Spire. I love the quest system to unlock buffs and having the shop available always, but the Skill system I think makes it too easy. You may not have all the skills at all times, but strong ones are available always. I also feel that the graphics are nice, but they're still somewhat bland in a way. The music is also mainly forgettable. I enjoyed it honestly, but felt that at some point you get so many skills that it makes a bit easy except for harder stages in Hunter mode. Also the paladin and summoner are extremely powerful. 4 of their wins for me were trivial. A pretty good games overall I would rate around an 8/10, but it's not better than Slay the Spire. Still a very decent game. I got my moneys worth already. I also need to mention the combo system is kind of cool, but the parry system isn't easy to do. Also defense as fights go on is only good once you have defense cards that give a mass amount of defense. The enemies do way too much damage at that point even weakened.
You had talked me into getting this before the sale ended and now you have just about talked me out of getting it. Stop confusing me!

If you're looking for something to play with other people I suggest golf it. Picked it up a couple days ago and already have around 6 hours in it. Thousands of courses too from the workshop and its under $5.
Oh good, another game that sounded interesting only for me to find I already have it and yet do not recall ever even looking the game before much less purchasing. :wall:

Oh well, at least the all-night noise holiday is over. Also glad my dog is not hearing as well anymore and just sleeps through the fireworks instead of running around growling and barking at them all night.

I need to actually find time to play some games this week, other than some stupid Match 3 game that I played for thirty minutes because I was too tired to think and wanted something mindless, I haven't been playing anything at all. And yet I still buy more games. I be a dumb arse.

Reply - Open World Talk:

I have no problem w/ companies littering side quests everywhere, if they so choose to. These are good for gamers that want to stay in the game-world and have stuff to do.

My problem is when the player is actually dependent on those MMO-like side quests (Kill X guys, beat up X guys, destroy X things, make damage worth X amount of dollars, etc) and collect-a-thons to grind to level-up just to take on the next important main quest first, as that can be boring b/c it's padding out the game to get to the good stuff (i.e. the unique quests, which are found in often the main quest).

If I can do just the main stuff and ignore the side stuff or just do a few side things that don't really effect leveling-up to get to next main mission, great.

Yakuza 0 is a great example of how to do side quests, as HBX pointed-out - as around every corner, there's a quest; and the game-world ain't big. Makes the game feel much closer to the player. Also, with real full-fledged side-quests that are entertaining and have their own quest-strings & stories; and tons of mini-games w/ lots of variety - yeah, it's one of the betters ones in recent years on how to offer up side-stuff and make the player actually want to do them.

I actually did play another game on of Neoverse on the higher difficulty and got beaten badly (equivalent to ascension 3). I still think defense doesn't scale well for attacks. Pretty strong attacks and me not being able to block enough meant I kept losing life quickly. I still do recommend the game. There are some balance issues for sure though. Acension 3 I believe gives enemies 10 or 15% extra attack power.

I mean, what are you looking for? Clean build? Upgrade? If it's pure value, a 3700x is what you wanna aim for. Takes the 9900k to task for any use case that ain't literally only using a computer as a console replacement. For mobo's you could go with X470/B450 but honestly since you can get X570 for only like ~$30ish more, why the fuck not? Splurge.

Need to do more research on memory, but I think the current consensus is it's not as imperative as it was for the AMD 2000-series. 2x8 GB 3200-3600 should do you quite nice. 3733 is about as high as you wanna go unless your goal is to fling dollars at your monitor, and then you're not even in the same ballpark as the 3000-series builds.
Thanks Dark_Sage, I'll probably go with the 3700x. Does Newegg or Micro Center tend to have black friday deals on mobo's and cpu's?

Thanks Dark_Sage, I'll probably go with the 3700x. Does Newegg or Micro Center tend to have black friday deals on mobo's and cpu's?
newegg probably, microcenter not so much, they only do a monthly set of deals and thats it, almost never one off time limited deals. They do always have the mobo+cpu combo deals though, and sometimes they stack on more. I.e. last time I built one there years ago I had multiple stacking discounts from mobo+cpu+ram+ssd

Does Newegg or Micro Center tend to have black friday deals on mobo's and cpu's?
Microcenter is best for the always-going combo deals. Which sometimes can be great if a particular component drops really low (e.g., the $79.99 1600 or the $49.99 Asus Prime x370).

Newegg will have different promotions daily/weekly.. and they've starting doing more hand-picked combo discounts to compete with MC. They also run some great BF deals, but there's a good chance it will be for clearing out the 2000 series. For instance, last BF on newegg I bought a 1700 and x370 combo for $150 total.

I wouldn't expect crazy deals on Zen2 products this BF. The first promo we'll probably see is an AMD game bundle getting attached at some point later in the year.

bread's done
Back