Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm glad I decided to hold off on the 3600 today... because this just happened?

attachicon.gif
2080.png
You get a cancellation yet? If any of these actually ship, I'm going to shit on my own head for not even trying.

The best cheap deal out there right now is that Microcenter $79 R5 1600 and mobo combo deal. I've heard people are walking out the door with chip, mobo and ram for $200 or so. Top price/perf there. Last year's chips, the 2000 series aren't too bad either. $149 for a 2600. These are the deals to watch out for in the next 2-3 months.

Graphics cards are still over inflated. The new Navi 5700/5700xt are better price/performance wise but we're still stuck with mid range cards at $350-400 when they should be $250-300 tops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snarf! That sounds like a pretty good deal. My current gaming PC is serving me well, but maybe once it dies on me, I should consider picking up one of these.

I'm having a hard time choosing Steam games, honestly. I mean, I want something, but I really don't know what. I do know I want it to be cheap and fun, though.
please refer to MysterD's sig

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

That is still too old.
Not sure if you're saying 32 is too old for you or grandma's can be younger.

But yeah, I thought about it after and remembered a chick I knew got pregnant in the 8th grade. So if her kid had a kid when she was in the 8th grade... that'd be 28.

The best cheap deal out there right now is that Microcenter $79 R5 1600 and mobo combo deal. I've heard people are walking out the door with chip, mobo and ram for $200 or so. Top price/perf there. Last year's chips, the 2000 series aren't too bad either. $149 for a 2600. These are the deals to watch out for in the next 2-3 months.

Graphics cards are still over inflated. The new Navi 5700/5700xt are better price/performance wise but we're still stuck with mid range cards at $350-400 when they should be $250-300 tops.

Snarf! That sounds like a pretty good deal. My current gaming PC is serving me well, but maybe once it dies on me, I should consider picking up one of these.
I had a 'hiccup' with my FX based PC and thought for a moment that I had fried the mobo. I was pricing out a 1600 based system from MC and even with a higher end X470 board and 16GB ram, it was well under $300. Would be a significant upgrade too with my 970 GPU.

But, then the PC revived itself and the wife vetoed the extraneous purchase (for now). But it was a fun 'thought experiment' anyway.

My final Steam Summer Sale haul: 0

Games on my wishlist were not discounted enough or not at all, and I decided to be strict and only stick to it instead of getting other games. For many titles, it might be better to wait for a future Humble Monthly or a random sale. Plus my backlog is too big.

My final Steam Summer Sale haul: 0
Same here. There were a few cheap wishlist games I might have bought, but I was in the middle of a move during the past couple weeks and too busy to peruse the sale.

Based on this thread, my Steam activity feed, and the "hidden gems" or "best deals" threads on reddit and SteamGifts, I didn't miss much.

I bought some stuff on Steam. None of it that I really wanted. I should play some of my new games, but I have to grind some more mats in Elder Scrolls: Blades.  Level 53 in sight.  

One game for me as well, Dog Gone Golfing for a whooping $0.49. Good game to play when I get bored at work, thanks josekortez for recommending it.

My Steam haul was just the Star Control collection. Put a couple hours into Origins so far and like it. The gameplay is a little questionable so far, but the writing has been surprisingly funny and some other aspects like the music have been pretty good.

I forgot to spend my tokens, but I guess all I would have spent them on is badge levels. Maybe they'll carry over to a future sale like the last tokens did.

I was planning on buying Divinity OS2 like I planned to a dozen times before, but just can't pull the trigger because I have too many other games to play. One of these days it will be mine.

My haul:

The Fox and The Flock - simple and cheap puzzle game with a fox in it.

Yet Another Tower Defense Game - Cheap TD game.  Looks nice and is fun from the tutorial I've played.

Planet Coaster - Been waiting for this to hit the monthly for about two years now so I finally said fuck it.  Need to watch the tutorial vids before I dive in, but game looks great.

My Friend Pedro - Had to buy this for obvious reasons, but also in loving memory of Tomasety who I fear is no longer with us.  I remember when this game was first announced years ago he would periodically remind me of it to make sure I bought it when I came out.  It's a fun twist to the shooter/platformer and pretty intense.

Gifts:

Fort Zombie - Zombie classic that came to Steam without my knowledge.

Valiant Hearts - Fun little platformer/puzzle history adventure game.  Nice art style and I am learning about WWI.

Russia Battlegrounds - PUBG clone scheduled for tonight in the Hoard Feelings discord.

Zero G Arena - Arena shooter with a few twists, like wall jumping and ragdoll physics.  Could be much better with a little work.  

100ft Robot Golf - Mini golf with giant robots who can destroy buildings Rampage style and interfere with other golfers.  It even has a weird anime story mode.  

The PU SSY Collection - I was "gifted" this as an obvious gag and then tried to play Wet Beach Pu ssies.  That consists of rock, paper, scissors against a crudely drawn woman and every time you beat her she removes a piece of clothing to reveal crudely drawn private parts.

I bought:
Friday the 13th (in case it gets delisted one of these days)
South Park Ruptured Anus Completely
The rest of the AoE2 HD DLC (please give free upgrades to the Definitive Edition)
The Payday 2 DLC not in the Ultimate Edition

As a bonus, I got a nice haul from GameStop. Fallout 4, Crash Trilogy and Call of Duty: IW for a total of $9. Thanks for bringing the deals this summer, GS.

And RIP Tomasety (probably). You may have doxxed me once, but you're sorely missed.

Not that anyone gives a shit...

Haul:

Steam

Deep Rock Galactic

Tower of Time

Dungeon Siege 2

South Park Fracture BootyHole

Everspace Deluxe

Xcom 2 War of the Chosen Deluxe

Humble:

Rimworld ($23)

Fanatical:

Total War Three Kingdoms

Other: (Square Enix)

2 level boosts for my FFXIV characters x.x

(Total.... ~$209)

Only got Dark Souls Remastered, figured it would last me a while since, hey, it's a big game. Then I started remembering every small detail and item location and enemy pattern from my first playthrough four years ago and beat it in five days.

Game was still every bit as good as I remembered (and Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith was still every bit as awful).

Lookit fellas, if you don't give Steam your monies now, how will Gaben put his great, great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren through whatever is the very distant future's equivalent of college?

My final haul updated (since I am not buying anything else):

Grim Dawn Steam Loyalist Pack 1 $7.19
Grim Dawn Steam Loyalist Pack 2 $8.99
Crypt of the Necrodancer $2.99
Ori and the Blind Forest $9.99

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut $4.49

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt $14.99

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition $11.99

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition $26.99

Hollow Knight $8.99

Hollow Knight - Gods and Nightmares $2.99

Titan Quest: Ragnarok $6.59

Titan Quest: Atlantis $13.49

Golf It! $4.49

Total $124.17

Purchased from Fanatical Beamdog (Nitrosmob's suggestion and added to my Steam library, thanks):

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition $3.33

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear $3.33

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition $3.33

Total $9.99

From wonderful people here:

Steam:

Moonlighter $3.50

Mega Man Legacy Collection $1.30

Rime $3

Kingdom Come: Deliverance $7

Total $14.80

On Battle Net:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 + DLC $6.50

On UPlay:

Assassin's Creed Origins $6.00 (wish this was on Steam)

Grand Total:  $161.46

I have been looking at Warhammer: Chaosbane since I got the video issue fixed messing with Utomik...

No, I am done.

One game for me as well, Dog Gone Golfing for a whooping $0.49. Good game to play when I get bored at work, thanks josekortez for recommending it.
My favorite part of this post was the shout-out to josekortez.

Anyway, I didn't spend much during the Summer Sale, but I think that using the CoinStar machine helped. By only buying Steam credit in smaller increments, I made a meta-game out of figuring out how many games that I could buy at one time. And I now have 0.00 in my account.

Dog Gone Golfing - .49

Feral Fury - .69

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - $1.99

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice 3 & 4 Bundle - .50

Fate Tectonics - .49

Curse of the Crescent Isle DX - .49

Super Destronaut DX - .49

Power Hover - .49

Stories of Bethem: Full Moon Edition - .49

Haunt the House: Terrortown - .99

Block Legend DX - .99

Oh Sir: The Hollywood Roast - .79

Oh Sir: The Insult Simulator - .59

Puzzler World - .74

Puzzler World 2 - .74

Cosmic DJ - .74

Jones on Fire - .74

Boot Hill Blaster - .59

Pichon - .59

Cargo Commander - .59

Dungetris - .51

Sky Force Anniversary - .99

Explodemon - .89

Overdriven Reloaded - .95

Flyhunter Origins - .59

Alchemist's Castle - .69

Polychromatic - $1.01

Lookit fellas, if you don't give Steam your monies now, how will Gaben put his great, great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren through whatever is the very distant future's equivalent of college?
If Steam doesn't get their pricing in order for CAG's like me, Tim Sweeney's great great great etc etc of grand-kids will be next in line to get our monies...

Dont do it
I got Wolcen a while back and it was fun before my character got wiped. I may play it again.

Edit:

I tried Warhammer: Chaosbane some more and all I can say is that it just feels boring. I hit level 9 and I am still killing rats and other garbage in the sewers. This just has an awful feel to it. Nothing has stood out in this whatsoever.

I am honestly disappointed.

You say that like the Earth will last that long

For myself, I ended up picking up only a few things: 
Dog Gone Golfing 

Dark Souls: Remastered

Payday 2: Ultimate

Firewatch

Toaster Jam

I did end up buy a number of games for my friend they'll be forced to game with only a mouse for pretty much all of July and August.  

As gifts, I bought: 
Toaster Jam

You Must Build a Boat
Reverse Crawl

One Finger Death Punch
One Finger Death Punch 2

Slay the Spire. 

They also picked up 
FTL
Don't Starve
Don't Starve Together
Mini Metro

Xbox Game Pass ended up just making this Steam Sale and probably a lot of upcoming Humble Monthlies worthless. A lot of the indie games I would have wanted to buy on this sale ended up already being part of it or in the short list of games soon to be added. 

I bought some stuff on Steam. None of it that I really wanted. I should play some of my new games, but I have to grind some more mats in Elder Scrolls: Blades. Level 53 in sight.
hey man may i ask when you play? like do you play on your phone when youre out and about? or do you play at home on a tablet or an emulator? i am curious.

I wasn't going to buy anything.

That all changed when I got the gift of shame, which I tried to hide with a massive $1.50 Borderlands 2 DLC bundle. I remember the gag gift used to be Coconut Queen. How young we were.  :oldman: 

Made a for-real purchase at the last minute when I decided I wanted a couple more quick strategy games. Got:

- Mushroom Wars 2 - pretty slick, easy to learn, fun to play

- Particle Fleet: Emergence - same guy that made the Creeper World games. Good fun.

Spent around $12, which is around $12 more than I spent in the Winter Sale. So I guess they can call this farce of a sale a smashing success.

For the sale I bought some cards on my alt because I wanted to zero out it's gabenbuck balance but couldn't find a game I wanted to spend $0.56 cents on.

hey man may i ask when you play? like do you play on your phone when youre out and about? or do you play at home on a tablet or an emulator? i am curious.
I typically play when I'm at home and have access to power as it is a battery killer, at least on my iPhone 7. I do open it when I'm out and about mainly just to open chests.

I ended up buying way more than I planned on.

Total War Warhammer 2: Vampire Coast (great game)

South Park the Fractured But Whole Gold

The Room 1-3

Tick Tock a Tale for 2

Orcs Must Die 1 and 2

Grim Dawn Ashes of Malmouth

Golf It!

Dark Souls Remastered

Monster Hunter World

Most of my purchases were for co op purposes and then I got peer pressured into buying Monster Hunter World the last night of the sale.  Only one I've put any time into so far is Golf It! and its great.  Five people miniature golfing with collision turned on is a good time.

bread's done
Back