Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not to interrupt this talk of vaginas and buttholes, but does anyone have experience with closed loop coolers? I know, I know "They're junk compared to a home built system" but I'm not spending that much time dicking around on this box. I'm just trying to cut back on some of the wind farm going on inside my case. With the new stuff in there last night it's becoming deafening and I figure that knocking out a few fans -- such as the two on my Coolermaster rig and maybe one of the case fans -- would be a good way to go.
I've had one of the Corsair ones on my CPU for about 2 years without any issues. I previously had a home built system but it was a huge pain in comparison.

I forgot all about Fry's. I have a Microcenter "near" me but there's a Fry's about as far so I've got options. Corsair seems to be the name in them but I don't know if that's because they're actually the best or just because they crank out a ton of different models but someone else sells better/cheaper.

Fry's also sells refurbished closed loop coolers which sounds like a real adventure :speaktothehand:
Yeah, I wasn't brave enough to venture into the refurbished ones. They have the non-refurbished ones sometimes around the same price as the refurbished ones.

I swapped out the stock fans (they're apparently quite loud, even at low RPMs) for some Scythe Gentle Typhoons. There's a definite hum to my rig though. Not a massive inconvenience but I'm tempted to go back to air, probably a Noctua, sometime soon.
Yeah, I've read in several reviews that an aftermarket (quieter) fan is a good idea. That said, my case doesn't have a hum so much as a roar. It's overclocked on air and between the two fans on the CPU heatsink tower, four case fans, the three fans on the GPU and the PSU fan, it's gotten obnoxiously noisy. I also sort of feel like the fans are running louder with the new PSU but that might just actually be a louder fan IN the PSU. But changing the PSU wiped out my overclock settings in the BIOS so I had to start all over with that and now, much like when you get your car fixed, every sound becomes suspicious until you acclimate to the new normal.

Not to interrupt this talk of vaginas and buttholes

dicking around on this box
f6906f5a8cbf672b38e06dba65495b40_400x400.jpeg

So there's something called ESL, which I gather means E-Sports League or something equally retarded, and SpeedRunners was just inducted into it as an official e-sport. Can we all take a minute to marvel at the difference between real athletes and e-athletes?

Real athlete:

STOKKE71.jpg

E-athlete:

wow-guy-2.jpg

As far as I'm concerned e-sports is a running joke. A competition isn't necessarily a sport and that seems to confuse these "e-athletes" or maybe just the asses who only see the $$$ in such activities.

So there's something called ESL, which I gather means E-Sports League or something equally retarded, and SpeedRunners was just inducted into it as an official e-sport. Can we all take a minute to marvel at the difference between real athletes and e-athletes?
Though to be fair, there isnt much difference between these "real athletes" and their "e-athlete" counterparts.

China+squad.jpg
2c4ee16.jpg

If it helps...

I did have some bad Corsair memory.  It was causing a blue screen on my computer.  (F you windows for adding a :whistle2:( emoticon to the blue screen)

Anyways, I ran Memtest and was able to show it was the memory.

Called them up, had the memory within a 2-3 days, replaced, and returned.  The only thing that sucked is they had to hold my credit card hostage until they got it back.  But honestly, it was super easy to deal with them.

Way easier than those a-holes over at Asus.  I love their computers.  I hate their everything else.

P.S.  I don't liquid cool.  I air cool.  There's about 10 fans in my system and the only time you hear it is during the initial boot up.  Then the fan monitor kicks in and everything happy.  When one of mine makes noise, it's because the bearing is failing so I replace it with about 15 dollar quiet fan and I move along.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I'm concerned e-sports is a running joke. A competition isn't necessarily a sport and that seems to confuse these "e-athletes" or maybe just the asses who only see the $$$ in such activities.
Yeah, you can compete in something without being an athlete and without that something being a sport. League of Legends, chess, and spelling bees aren't sports and the people in them aren't atheletes despite whether they're on ESPN or not.

is the first witcher worth playing?
I actually prefer it oddly enough. It's different though. More RPGish and less actiony I guess. The biggest difference is the chain hits combat. It's timing based and not bad once you get used to it but if you go in expecting to spam buttons it won't work.

There's a fair bit of running around back and forth in spots that can get tiring but overall I think it's a good game. You should be able to catch it dirt cheap on a sale these days.
What Motoki said.

Eurogamer -> Zombi (versions for PS4, X1, PC) cuts MP portion; but adds some new weapons, has additions & changes.

-> New versions should have faster load times + technical improvements
-> Multiplayer portion removed in Zombi for PC, PS4, X1
-> New short-range weapons: shovel + nail bat.
-> Shovel is longer weapon, used for long-range + hitting multiple foes.
-> Nail Bat is like shovel, but also has additional damage + increased chances for critical damage.
-> Mini-map will be in corner of the main-screen.
-> Opening inventory still doesn't pause the game.
-> Dedicated button to accessing the inventory + now can assign hotkeys/shortcut keys for them.

Eurogamer -> Zombi (versions for PS4, X1, PC) cuts MP portion; but adds some new weapons, has additions & changes.

-> New versions should have faster load times + technical improvements
-> Multiplayer portion removed in Zombi for PC, PS4, X1
-> New short-range weapons: shovel + nail bat.
-> Shovel is longer weapon, used for long-range + hitting multiple foes.
-> Nail Bat is like shovel, but also has additional damage + increased chances for critical damage.
-> Mini-map will be in corner of the main-screen.
-> Opening inventory still doesn't pause the game.
-> Dedicated button to accessing the inventory + now can assign hotkeys/shortcut keys for them.
Welcome to the world of tomorrow! Where removing entire gameplay modes but improving graphics is seen as an improvement!

If it helps...

I did have some bad Corsair memory. It was causing a blue screen on my computer. (F you windows for adding a :whistle2:( emoticon to the blue screen)

Anyways, I ran Memtest and was able to show it was the memory.

Called them up, had the memory within a 2-3 days, replaced, and returned. The only thing that sucked is they had to hold my credit card hostage until they got it back. But honestly, it was super easy to deal with them.

Way easier than those a-holes over at Asus. I love their computers. I hate their everything else.

P.S. I don't liquid cool. I air cool. There's about 10 fans in my system and the only time you hear it is during the initial boot up. Then the fan monitor kicks in and everything happy. When one of mine makes noise, it's because the bearing is failing so I replace it with about 15 dollar quiet fan and I move along.
Yeah Corsair has amazing customer support. They're similar to Logitech when it comes to reliable warranties and customer service.

Oh, I know..

I've got a good question for you guys....

I have a gaming desktop with a GTX 780.  I'm looking to get something portable.  I've previously owned ROG by Asus and had some issues but it was probably one of the coolest (to the touch) laptops.  The 780 still outperforms the GTX 970Ms.

So I was thinking about trying to stream from my computer to my laptop to play my games (since 90% of my games are Steam anyways anymore).  I have an AC router that should be able to handle it (especially since my 5G is basically there and not being used).

My question is.....

If I'm doing this... is it worth ponying up for the 970M laptop or should I save the money (about $500 bucks) and get the 965M?  The difference between the laptops (for the $500 savings) is no SSD, 965M v. 970M, and 8 GB RAM instead of 16 Gb.

I'm pretty sure that it has a spare bay for a second HD which I could slide the 1Tb into and buy a SSD.

What do you guys think?

Oh, I know..

I have a gaming desktop with a GTX 780. I'm looking to get something portable. I've previously owned ROG by Asus and had some issues but it was probably one of the coolest (to the touch) laptops. The 780 still outperforms the GTX 970Ms.

So I was thinking about trying to stream from my computer to my laptop to play my games (since 90% of my games are Steam anyways anymore). I have an AC router that should be able to handle it (especially since my 5G is basically there and not being used).

My question is.....

If I'm doing this... is it worth ponying up for the 970M laptop or should I save the money (about $500 bucks) and get the 965M? The difference between the laptops (for the $500 savings) is no SSD, 965M v. 970M, and 8 GB RAM instead of 16 Gb.

I'm pretty sure that it has a spare bay for a second HD which I could slide the 1Tb into and buy a SSD.

What do you guys think?
Trash. If you don't spend at least $5000 on it, then it isn't a gaming laptop.

My question is.....

If I'm doing this... is it worth ponying up for the 970M laptop or should I save the money (about $500 bucks) and get the 965M? The difference between the laptops (for the $500 savings) is no SSD, 965M v. 970M, and 8 GB RAM instead of 16 Gb.

What do you guys think?
I have no clue, honestly.

But, I am curious what laptops you're looking at.

I saw a Asus ROG 970M Laptop for $1300 recently on Tiger:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9514707&CatId=3998

GMG has a Flash Sale going on. You have to login to see the deals.

Dark Souls II $22.99

Far Cry 4 $24.99

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare $25.99

Battlefield Hardline $26.99

Dragonball XV Xenoverse $30.99

These are VIP deals so coupons don't work etc.

Oh, I know..

I have a gaming desktop with a GTX 780. I'm looking to get something portable. I've previously owned ROG by Asus and had some issues but it was probably one of the coolest (to the touch) laptops. The 780 still outperforms the GTX 970Ms.

So I was thinking about trying to stream from my computer to my laptop to play my games (since 90% of my games are Steam anyways anymore). I have an AC router that should be able to handle it (especially since my 5G is basically there and not being used).

My question is.....

What do you guys think?
might as well buy a dell steam box for that amount

I thought it was pretty implied that I was being sarcastic. I'll make it yellow when I get home. I'm sorry to offend everyone except our bilingual buddy.

I thought it was pretty implied that I was being sarcastic. I'll make it yellow when I get home. I'm sorry to offend everyone except our bilingual buddy.
nobody was offended, getting called a douche is par for course around here

now apologizing is an extremely douchey thing to do though

I have no clue, honestly.

But, I am curious what laptops you're looking at.

I saw a Asus ROG 970M Laptop for $1300 recently on Tiger:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9514707&CatId=3998
It's little brother:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/2995081.p?id=1219567191152&skuId=2995081

That sucks. I was using the 18m no interest through BB to get it. But now yours looks (and acts) so much better.

bread's done
Back