Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
quote from the developer

Steam moderators are now posting fake screenshots saying that I am impersonating them, and spreading other lies. 

rating is adult only and English is not a supported language now

this just gets more and more silly

Steam just needs to outright ban people like this.  

For you closet console peeps...

Sony PlayStation TV - $29.99 +$3.99 shipping (with promo code EMCAWAK35)
Jokes on you. I'm not in the closet about it at all. I love them all - Black, White, Big, Small.

Icgy1Ri.jpg

Bunch of elitist and racist bastards in this thread.

Wanted to try sometime the online Magic from eons ago, but sounded like a massive money sink. This sounds kind of like that but (hopefully) not as sink-y and better looking, plus Steam.
I think the major difference is that the old online game has all the older cards whereas this one just has the most recent set. They'll be adding more cards as new blocks come out, something like 66% of reach new physical set will be imported into this game.

I haven't had connection issues yet but obviously other people have. The game AI seems okay but sometimes does dumb things like play creatures with "buff target when enters the battlefield" effects in the second main phase when combat is over. I'm about 75% for winning hard AI matches with a pretty slipshod deck as I haven't finished the campaign yet for the extra boosters. Only 50% on real duels though -- gotta get my extra "free" boosters

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not in the closet, very loud and proud about being a console-sexual

wut is playstation tv though
Vita that does output to a TV or monitor.

I have one hooked up to my computer monitor. It's decent especially if you can get it cheap and already have a PS3/4 controller.

For those who are NOT console kiddies, a PSTV makes a solid system for dipping your toes into Vita games without the shame in owning such a worthless system and not much else. Granted, most decent Vita games have console ports but Persona 4 is worth it. Shinobido 2, Ys Celceta are backlogged for me but I'm certain they would be worth it too. Research as to what's compatible is an exercise left up to the reader.

You'll need to supply a PS3 or PS4 controller though.

Also I stand with Hulk.

wut is playstation tv though
Not sure if srs?

Basically, a Vita without the screen and touch features that you hook to a monitor/TV and control with a DS3/4.

Edit: Also allows remote play of PS4 should you own one.

Edit2: MotokiSkull'd

For those who are NOT console kiddies, a PSTV makes a solid system for dipping your toes into Vita games without the shame in owning such a worthless system and not much else. Granted, most decent Vita games have console ports but Persona 4 is worth it. Shinobido 2, Ys Celceta are backlogged for me but I'm certain they would be worth it too. Research as to what's compatible is an exercise left up to the reader.

You'll need to supply a PS3 or PS4 controller though.

Also I stand with Hulk.
Ys Celceta won't work on NA PSTV. Falcom pushed a patch to enable it on the Japanese PSTV but XSeed keeps bugging them to do one for the NA one but they keep stonewalling.

Ys Celceta won't work on NA PSTV. Falcom pushed a patch to enable it on the Japanese PSTV but XSeed keeps bugging them to do one for the NA one but they keep stonewalling.
Are you fuck ing kidding? What the fuck good is this piece of trash box apart from playing Toukiden multiplayer without paying for shit like PS+? Hey guys let's make a Vita we can hook up to a TV but let's be sure NO GOOD GAMES WORK ON IT. The newest Hot Shots Golf doesn't work on it either and that blows Mario Golf away.

I've been told Danganronpa looks amazing on a TV and since it is all bright, bold, colorful sprites I imagine that's the case.

I've been told Danganronpa looks amazing on a TV and since it is all bright, bold, colorful sprites I imagine that's the case.
It does. I've been really surprised how well most of the Vita games look on a big screen.

Of course the PSP stuff looks like ass, but that's to be expected. You can always pretend it's indie retro pixel crap on Steam. I'm sure we're all used to that by now.

PS TV is a really good value at $30 for VNs. Virtue's Last Reward, and both Danganronpas work on it.. you'd still need a DS to play 999 though (the iOS version strips all of the puzzles out of it).

I have decided... my mind isn't what it used to be.  I spent the last 15 hrs trying to migrate 8.1 to 10 to a SSD and then convert the old HD to a spare data dump.  It's been a freakin' nightmare.  At some point Windows decided to do away with one partition, make 4, and then make it so that Windows can't delete said partition.  But one step at a time I finally got it (thanks to an old Hiram's disk).

They're making technology so complicated, it's no wonder people just leave all settings on (like the one that shares your wifi info with your friends on Facebook... even though you don't really want them to have that info).

Now to get my Steam library back up to snuff.

PS TV is a really good value at $30 for VNs. Virtue's Last Reward, and both Danganronpas work on it.. you'd still need a DS to play 999 though (the iOS version strips all of the puzzles out of it).
A lot more than that work on the PS TV too.

Here's the thread with a list, and some personal highlights:

Atelier Rorona/Totori/Meruru/Ayesha Plus

Danganronpa 1 & 2

Demon Gaze (think anime Legend of Grimrock)

God of War Collection

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd

Muramasa Rebirth (getting remade with sharper graphics)

Persona 4 Golden

Tales of Hearts R

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

And this doesn't include stuff that Steam people wouldn't care about on console, like Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

PSP games too, like Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, Harvest Moons, Jeanne D'Arc... PS1 games like Final Fantasies, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Parasite Eves, Suikoden...

I have decided... my mind isn't what it used to be. I spent the last 15 hrs trying to migrate 8.1 to 10 to a SSD and then convert the old HD to a spare data dump. It's been a freakin' nightmare. At some point Windows decided to do away with one partition, make 4, and then make it so that Windows can't delete said partition. But one step at a time I finally got it (thanks to an old Hiram's disk).

They're making technology so complicated, it's no wonder people just leave all settings on (like the one that shares your wifi info with your friends on Facebook... even though you don't really want them to have that info).

Now to get my Steam library back up to snuff.
Symantec System Recovery can clone your drive to another. It even works if you want to restore your image to different hardware with its Restore Anywhere feature. Just make sure you select to view hidden drives when creating the backup job.

Daily Deal:

Thief series = 75% off today on Steam.

Thief Collection =  $11.24

• Includes Thief (2014): Master Edition + ALL DLC's; and ALL Classic Thief games.

Thief (2014):

Thief (2014) - Base Game:

Regular Edition = $7.49

Master Edition  = $8.24

• Also includes Digital Art Book, Comic Book, Soundtrack, Opportunist Booster Pack.
Thief (2014) - DLC's:

Bank Heist DLC = $1.24

Forsaken Challenge Map DLC = $1.24

Booster Pack: Predator = 24 cents

Booster Pack: Opportunist = 24 cents

Booster Pack: Ghost = 24 cents

Classic Thief Games:

Thief: Deadly Shadows (AKA Thief 3) = $2.24

Thief II: The Metal Age = $1.74

Thief: Gold Edition = $1.74

@ Playstation nerds - I don't have a Vita, any games, or a DS3/4. Can I mod the PSTV to play pie rat games?

@ dev getting butthurt - LOL GOOD

@ Squeenix sale - WISH THEY BROUGHT BLOOD OMEN 1 TO STEAM

@ synnarc - stop being racist kthx

For you closet console peeps...

Sony PlayStation TV - $29.99 +$3.99 shipping (with promo code EMCAWAK35)
NewEgg deals for PC Gamers needing a mid-ranged graphics card w/ 4GB VRAM:

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 270X 4GB VRAM graphics card w/ 256-bit bus.

• Includes Dirt Rally promo code
$149.99 before rebate / $129.99 after mail-in rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202049&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=EXPRESS080115&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS080115&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS080115-_-EMC-080115-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14202049-S1A4A

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB VRAM graphics card w/ 128-bit bus.

• Includes: MGSV The Phantom Pain promo code:
$209.99 before rebate / $199.99 after mail-in rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487133&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=EXPRESS080115&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS080115&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS080115-_-EMC-080115-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14487133-S1A1C

NewEgg deals for PC Gamers needing a mid-ranged graphics card w/ 4GB VRAM:

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 270X 4GB VRAM graphics card w/ 256-bit bus.

• Includes Dirt Rally promo code
$149.99 before rebate / $129.99 after mail-in rebate:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202049&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=EXPRESS080115&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS080115&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS080115-_-EMC-080115-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14202049-S1A4A

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB VRAM graphics card w/ 128-bit bus.
  • Includes: MGSV The Phantom Pain promo code:
$209.99 before rebate / $199.99 after mail-in rebate:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487133&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=EXPRESS080115&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS080115&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS080115-_-EMC-080115-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14487133-S1A1C
I know I should not say this.... hopefully I don't regret tomorrow, but...

I have a 270X and I didn't think ever on getting the 4GB VRAM.

My 270X 2GB VRAM was around $230 a couple of months ago.....damn it, I wish Canary Islands could have those american prices.

Yeah in my dreams.... I know.

Edit. The MyD GeForce GTX 960 2GB???? VRAM was around $329 btw.

Grabbing Deus Ex one in the hopes that the guys making the Revision mod quit getting dicked around by Squeenix, it's been done for a month now.

If you guys bought a PS TV, keep in mind you will need one of their overpriced proprietary memory cards.

Grabbing Deus Ex one in the hopes that the guys making the Revision mod quit getting dicked around by Squeenix, it's been done for a month now.

If you guys bought a PS TV, keep in mind you will need one of their overpriced proprietary memory cards.
o

pass then

would rather cluster some Pis than pay $70 for lul xcloosiv soney memeree

If you're mainly using cards, which most of the console people do anyway because they have this eww cooties digital mentality which is so 10 years ago for us, then you can get by with a lot less.

But yeah, if you want to take advantage of the various PSN sales then you need storage space.

I ended up getting a 64GB card for next to nothing when Buy.com or Racoon Town or whatever they are calling it now had that get $75 when you open a new credit card account offer going on.

I know I should not say this.... hopefully I don't regret tomorrow, but...

I have a 270X and I didn't think ever on getting the 4GB VRAM.

My 270X 2GB VRAM was around $230 a couple of months ago.....damn it, I wish Canary Islands could have those american prices.

Yeah in my dreams.... I know.

Edit. The MyD GeForce GTX 960 2GB???? VRAM was around $329 btw.
FTFY - I have 4GB 960, not 2GB.

No way would I touch 2GB. Not enough VRAM to suit me, given how some PC ports been of late. I think it's only going to get worse.

If you're mainly using cards, which most of the console people do anyway because they have this eww cooties digital mentality which is so 10 years ago for us, then you can get by with a lot less.

But yeah, if you want to take advantage of the various PSN sales then you need storage space.

I ended up getting a 64GB card for next to nothing when Buy.com or Racoon Town or whatever they are calling it now had that get $75 when you open a new credit card account offer going on.
If you mean cartridges, PS TV has no slot for them, it's digital only with no on-board storage. The only stuff you might be able to do without a memory card is stream from not-Netflix since it isn't on there, and maybe us PS Now if you're an idiot. I assume you can still do the PS4 streaming too, so there's that.

I just don't see the value in the PS TV unless you're really heavily invested in Playstation already, even at dirt cheap prices, unless you want to be able to play like 50% of it's library and don't already have money invested in to physical games for it.

Look, if you're at all into Vita gaming, you're going to want a memcard for your overpriced piece of crap PSTV. Even a $20 8gb one can do in a pinch. Soul Sacrifice Delta is mediocre as hell but you're still gonna wanna TRY it because you can't get it anywhere else. Delta, the superior remake, never got a physical release so you're stuck with original SS or getting a memcard. Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3? Sayonara Umihara Kawase? All crap you can't get physical and are too big to do without a memcard. Digging deeper into the niche, the cheapest route to Sorcery Saga, maybe Killzone patches if you like that sort of thing. All stuff eating your space.

Just saying, I'm as stingy a Vita player as anyone. I think there are no games and the 3DS blows it completely away, but I still say if you want the Vita experience on PSTV you are going to be rejecting a LOT of potential to just use the system memory, not even counting the flash sales and the weirdos who pay for online getting "free" games every so often. If you can make that determination, more power to you.

If you mean cartridges, PS TV has no slot for them, it's digital only with no on-board storage.
This is incorrect. It has a slot for Vita cartridges. At least mine does.

bread's done
Back