Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is a game really in the backlog if you have no intention of ever playing it? I kinda consider backlog to be things you are interested in and aren't playing.
Yeah, "backlog" implies that you plan on getting around to it at some point. Unless people plan on actually installing all the IndieGala and Groupees trash they've bought over the last 5+ years, they can probably just ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, some day you might be out of things to play and your only option is http://store.steampowered.com/app/442190/Mind_Dead/
STIXcU6.png

Yeah my backlog is only around 50 games, and there's 6000 or more I'll never install. But I'm still buying about 30 new games a week from IG...

Mentioning cards reminded me I had a bunch of winter sale cards still in my inventory, turns out they are all expired and unmarketable now. Dammit. Shows how much effort I put into card monies I guess.

Anyone has an idea where can I get an Expansion pass for Destiny 2 as cheap as possible? I know I could get it from Gmg for around 32 bucks, but I wouldn’t really like to pay more than 20-25. Too bad the game is really addicting :<

Thanks in advance!

it's your in-house pc fighters game resident.

You love fighting games, you love cartoons such as mlp? Well I got the game I am marketing to you today
$20 has been deposited into your bank account -The Mane6™ developer team

The game has gotten Cease and desist from Hasbro early in development when using MLP assist.

Since then Lab Zero had helped with the funding and even allowed them to use the Skullgirl's engine.

The artist Lauren Faust from the hit TV show Foster home for Imaginary MLP helped design the new characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1FNzORTRs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/

I'm expecting the game to be in some Humble Bundle at some point since it's presented by Humble Bundle.
Overall if you liked Skullgirls and can get past or liked the cartoon style of MLP then you will enjoy this game. 

Neigh on that brony game. Don't play the video, you'll get MLP dakimakura suggestions.

Bundles, duh.

Buy bundles, farm cards, meet bitches, get laid.
Truth. Some teen girls on discord stalked my Steam profile and went omg it's so big. One of them said it was too big, even.

i don't know how but i managed to miss the necromancer dlc sale for diablo III for the 2nd time in 3 months. I missed the halloween sale. then there was no black friday sale even though i managed to snag overwatch directly from blizzard. and after randomly coming across another deals thread, i see that there was a january sale for just a day or two (weird) that i somehow missed wtf :bomb:

You guys know things about hardware occasionally, right? Every now and then? Sure, let's say every now and then.

I'm gonna be traveling for the next 6+ months straight, and I'm looking for an easily portable 1080p monitor I can hook my laptop up to, as well as some peasant crap via HDMI. Can anyone with any experience with that sort of thing make some recommendations? Can I get something decent for very roughly ~$100? Dare I hope less? Size isn't a major concern so long as it's not like 3" or something. I mean, I'm sorry guys, I just can't work with that.

Since travel is the main issue here, something that can be powered by either USB and a normal power cable would be nice, and something with a detachable or folding stand would be ideal.

CZNLK-7CRN3-LWAYW

BF3XK-YKBJQ-DABMZ

FZZDG-Z96R7-766GC

FEHBH-MW7X9-RCQW3

2JPH5-6W22L-DEVAB

3ZRAK-CCC94-FW7KR

49EZY-AIT5R-QPTL0
4B4NA-IXNX2-H9L9V

45A4X-6FK4Z-YQCBH

I'm gonna be traveling for the next 6+ months straight, and I'm looking for an easily portable 1080p monitor I can hook my laptop up to, as well as some peasant crap via HDMI. Can anyone with any experience with that sort of thing make some recommendations? Can I get something decent for very roughly ~$100? Dare I hope less? Size isn't a major concern so long as it's not like 3" or something. I mean, I'm sorry guys, I just can't work with that.
Is 5" ok?

I'm confused about the size doesn't matter. Are you only plugging your laptop in for dual monitor support? Or does it need to be bigger than the laptop?

I know ASUS has portable monitors, but some only have USB ports.

Gaems also has one, but they're more known for their portable peasant cases. I had two of them. I didn't like them because you had to setup wires every time, including unplugging the HDMI cable. Else it doesn't close. You can maybe buy a lower profile or angled HDMI cable, but I didn't try it. It's popular with people on deployment.

I'm looking for an easily portable 1080p monitor I can hook my laptop up to
I assume the main use is the peasant devices? If your peasant device is a PS4, you could try using PlayStation remote access and see how you like it. A wired connection over gigabit ethernet should keep you under 50ms latency which should be acceptable for peasant games.

Is 5" ok?

I'm confused about the size doesn't matter. Are you only plugging your laptop in for dual monitor support? Or does it need to be bigger than the laptop?

I know ASUS has portable monitors, but some only have USB ports.

Gaems also has one, but they're more known for their portable peasant cases. I had two of them. I didn't like them because you had to setup wires every time, including unplugging the HDMI cable. Else it doesn't close. You can maybe buy a lower profile or angled HDMI cable, but I didn't try it. It's popular with people on deployment.
Dual monitor support would be the primary thing with my laptop, yeah, though like I said, peasant poop is also a consideration. I'll look into the ASUS stuff, though I don't think the Gaems cases are going to work for what I have in mind. It doesn't have to be bigger than my laptop screen—actually, that would be pretty inconvenient for travel, since I have a large laptop—, but it has to be big enough that I could make out small text in 1920x1080. That honestly shouldn't be much of an issue, I've got sharp eyes, but probably 8" is the practical smallest screen I could use at that resolution. Not that I've ever seen an 8" monitor with a native 1920x1080 resolution.

I assume the main use is the peasant devices? Or is your laptop broken/really shitty? If your peasant device is a PS4, you could try using PlayStation remote access and see how you like it. A wired connection over gigabit ethernet should keep you under 50ms latency which should be acceptable for peasant games.
Dual monitor support is the main thing for my laptop, but yes, peasant devices are another major consideration. I'm still not entirely positive which ones, though. And I'm not sure remote access would work all that well, my home internet can be kind of spotty, and I'd be literally on the opposite side of the world for those 6 months.

Dual monitor support is the main thing for my laptop, but yes, peasant devices are another major consideration. I'm still not entirely positive which ones, though. And I'm not sure remote access would work all that well, my home internet can be kind of spotty, and I'd be literally on the opposite side of the world for those 6 months.
Honestly, I'd recommend forgetting about bringing a PS4 with you and just get an AOC 21.5" IPS LED from Best Buy for $89. Screen resolution is usually efficient relative to physical size, so 1600x900 is just right on 16" and so on. It's also cheap and decent enough that you might end up using it once you return. Any monitor you get should be stored with your clothing or in cushioned luggage.

I used a 10" Eyoyo for a while. It was the same price and only offered 1280x800 on HDMI. I used it for assembly and command line programming, and I assume a GUI would've looked terrible on it and 1920x1080 would be next to impossible to read or play PS4 games on.

I thought you were describing a situation where you would bring the PS4 with you, in which case the PlayStation Remote Play would stream over your local area network, not over the internet.

But anyway if the main point is dual monitors, my suggestion wouldn't be relevant to you.

I thought you were describing a situation where you would bring the PS4 with you, in which case the PlayStation Remote Play would stream over your local area network, not over the internet.
Oh, I see what you mean now. That might be a partial solution—I could at least get something with a slightly lower resolution or maybe that only connects via USB, at least. I kinda skipped the ethernet stage of networking, though, so how exactly does it work physically? What am I plugging the cables into?

Inmate, is the Apex Premium Edition a good buy at ~$5? I'm enjoying tooling around in FH3, but I hit a wall on the second event in the free edition of Apex. Please share your thoughts, here or in PM.

Oh, I see what you mean now. That might be a partial solution—I could at least get something with a slightly lower resolution or maybe that only connects via USB, at least. I kinda skipped the ethernet stage of networking, though, so how exactly does it work physically? What am I plugging the cables into?
Oh damn son, you should definitely get on a wired connection, especially for your PS4. The wifi chip on the PS4 is a disaster. Connecting over wifi more than doubles my download times compared to an ethernet connection.

If you have access to a router, just plug both your PS4 and laptop into the same router with ethernet cables.

If you're using wifi that for which don't have physical access to the router, connect your PS4 and laptop directly with an ethernet cable, turn internet sharing on for your wifi connection on your laptop. In the PS4 setting have it set to connect to the internet over LAN cable.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming to Steam on February 27th:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/546050/Puyo_PuyoTetris/

$19.99 MSRP with a 10% off pre-order discount. I've heard great things about this so I'm probably gonna end up picking it up, myself.
PC Master Race comments incoming!

"Am I crazy for thinking the $20 retail price for this game is insane? It looks like something you could get on your phone for &lt;$2. I know Tetris is a classic but sheesh."

"Can I only pay $5?"

People are always telling me — Trust me, they say "¯\_(ツ)_/¯, you're the most generous person." So, to prove my generosity I'm giving away 3 games. 

PM me for Life is Strange, Owlboy, or Tacoma.

Inmate, is the Apex Premium Edition a good buy at ~$5? I'm enjoying tooling around in FH3, but I hit a wall on the second event in the free edition of Apex. Please share your thoughts, here or in PM.
Getting Nurb alone is worth $5. I personally think Apex is a great "jumping point" to see if you would like the mainline series and at $5 is a no-brainer /planetterrorgifthatdoesn'texist

Oh damn son, you should definitely get on a wired connection, especially for your PS4. The wifi chip on the PS4 is a disaster. Connecting over wifi more than doubles my download times compared to an ethernet connection.

If you have access to a router, just plug both your PS4 and laptop into the same router with ethernet cables.

If you're using wifi that for which don't have physical access to the router, connect your PS4 and laptop directly with an ethernet cable, turn internet sharing on for your wifi connection on your laptop. In the PS4 setting have it set to connect to the internet over LAN cable.
WARNING- Avert your noble eyes from shameful (shameless?) console peasantry.

Funny you say this I've found that my D/L speeds are still quite good over Wi-Fi on the PS4. That being said, remote play doesnt work but half a damn. If the rest of the family is up and about on their devices, it wont work at all (says Upload speeds are too slow - &lt;5Mbps). Even when they are not, it works well in the room with the PS4 using the direct connection, but even when I ran an ethernet cable to the router (halfway across the house and up a flight of stairs - the wife was not pleased) and stood next to the router with my Vita, it only worked spotty; it said the same thing about UL speeds being slow.

I'm pretty pissed about this. I had visions of being able to play my family room PS4 in my bed, but that doesnt work as well as it should.

Oh well. Instead, I just use my Steam Link on the bedroom TV. PC Master Race wins again!

The Wi-Fi is only crap on the original PS4s. The Slim and Pro have a better chip.

Also, you don't really need a router. You can do direct connect, but you will probably have to do some settings fiddling, either with DHCP or static IPs.

There is a code out for Kingdom Come Deliverance on GMG for 25%off.   I know it's still high dollar and it's not out for another week, but just passing it on.  Code is EARLYBIRD25

The FH series is very different form the Motorsport series (which includes Apex) so if it's the more technical racing itself you don't like the 5 bucks could be spent better elsewhere.

That said it does include Nordburgring, which is one if the most beloved tracks in the world.

Second event: Is that the one with bowling pins? (If so, I thought that one sucked too.)

The Wi-Fi is only crap on the original PS4s. The Slim and Pro have a better chip.

Also, you don't really need a router. You can do direct connect, but you will probably have to do some settings fiddling, either with DHCP or static IPs.
If this was to me, I have a slim, a newer slim even as I got a new fold-out that no longer had a PSN savings code (grrr!). Direct Connect with the Vita works okay in the room as long as the kids arent also on their tablets. It just cannot reach upstairs to the bedrooms that way and the UL speed (according to them) is too slow. While I pay for 50 down/ 50 up, and get that on my wired and wireless PCs, I get something closer to 50 down 4 (four!) up on the PS4 (even when the PS4 is wired!). It's a side case to use Vita remote play anyway, but still disappointing.

I think the controls are perfect, just took a damn long time to get used to.
Yeah, I can see that being the case. The first world felt like an extended tutorial and I saw a lot of improvement by the end. I'm about 2 hours in and have gone from "What am I doing?" to "I think I know what I'm doing?", but I still have situations that leave me on the verge of madness. Still, the game does a good job of teaching you the mechanics by throwing you into progressively more difficult situations.

As far as games with gimmicky controls go, Snake Pass is more Octodad than I Am Bread (i.e. it's actually enjoyable).

I think the controls are perfect, just took a damn long time to get used to.
Agreed, I've been playing it the past few days and the controls really are great once you get used to them. They're just so unorthodox that for awhile you have no idea what to do with them, and you don't really get proficient at them until midway through the 2nd world where the levels get a little trickier and force you to really start to master them. I can't play too much of the game at once though because it can get tedious.

The FH series is very different form the Motorsport series (which includes Apex) so if it's the more technical racing itself you don't like the 5 bucks could be spent better elsewhere.

That said it does include Nordburgring, which is one if the most beloved tracks in the world.

Second event: Is that the one with bowling pins? (If so, I thought that one sucked too.)
No, I don't think so. This is just a normal race against 11 AI drivers in a "classic" muscle car, IIRC. I was fooling around with Apex about a week ago and ran this race around five times in a row without getting higher than around 10th place, although I came close once. Even when I've "dumbed them down," the Drivatars in Apex seem vastly more competent and skilled than the ones in FH3 (well, except for that one time I watched a guy take a curve at speed, careen off the track and crash into some barrels).

No, I don't think so. This is just a normal race against 11 AI drivers in a "classic" muscle car, IIRC. I was fooling around with Apex about a week ago and ran this race around five times in a row without getting higher than around 10th place, although I came close once. Even when I've "dumbed them down," the Drivatars in Apex seem vastly more competent and skilled than the ones in FH3 (well, except for that one time I watched a guy take a curve at speed, careen off the track and crash into some barrels).
Yeah, the AI in Forza is kind of cool in that try can wreck themselves.

If you want to keep trying you'll want to look at your assist.

Line: Full or Break (Start with full, it will help show you the typical fastest line around the track.)
Steering: Normal
Brake: ABS
Traction Control: Yes/On
Stability Control: Yes/On

Without looking that the ones I remember. Those setting dhould make the car more stable and easier to control and therefor much quicker.

Also some of the cars really aren't equal if your struggling in the race try the others. Be aggressive going into the first turn in short races you really don't have allot of time to pass the whole pack one car at a time.

Don't hesitate to use the rewind feature. You'really learning and taking that turn again can be a better learning experience than doing the whole lap.

Hope that helps!

If this was to me, I have a slim, a newer slim even as I got a new fold-out that no longer had a PSN savings code (grrr!). Direct Connect with the Vita works okay in the room as long as the kids arent also on their tablets. It just cannot reach upstairs to the bedrooms that way and the UL speed (according to them) is too slow. While I pay for 50 down/ 50 up, and get that on my wired and wireless PCs, I get something closer to 50 down 4 (four!) up on the PS4 (even when the PS4 is wired!). It's a side case to use Vita remote play anyway, but still disappointing.
There's like 3 different modes of remote play, and I think you're combining all three.

One is the ad-hoc, where your Vita connects directly to your PS4 without going through the router. This is typically the worst version, since the PS4 wi-fi signal isn't the greatest (PS4&lt;-&gt;Vita).

Second is direct connecting through your router. This is the preferred. This is heavily dependent on your router's speed and number of devices. The PS4 is recommended to be wired to the router (PS4&lt;-&gt;router&lt;-&gt;Vita).

Third is through the internet. This depends heavily on your upload speeds. It's typically how you'd play if you were at a hotel or something (PS4&lt;-&gt;router1&lt;-&gt;internet&lt;-&gt;router2&lt;-&gt;Vita).

Yeah, I kinda knew that.

Ad-hoc, though you say is the worst, and I'd think that it should be worst, is the one that works for me fairly reliably. Range is shit and pretty much only works in the room or one room over (open floor plan) but it does connect and stay connected often.

Direct connect through router (Fios Quantum Gateway AC1750; supposedly good?), I tried a different setup with the PS4 hard-wired to router and the Vita both in the room with the PS4 (distant from router) and in the room with the router (distant from the PS4). Connections were real sporadic with each failure spitting out the error message 'Upload speed to slow for remote play' (not exact text; paraphrased). This makes no sense to me as nothing is being uploaded to the internet, both devices are on the same local network.

Through the internet I've never tried. Vita doesn't support enterprise security protocols, so I cant use it at work and I'm rarely anywhere else with internet for very long. 

But maybe it the devices thing. I know the ad-hoc is really affected by others in the room. We have more devices than I care to admit, however, separate from this issue, the router seems quite adept at handing multiple simultaneous Netflix and youtube streams alongside gaming and video chatting without noticeable issue. 

Sorry to take up so much thread space. I'm basically just bitching and moaning with no real expectation of getting a solution.

bread's done
Back