Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the Radical Roach dev is trying to pull off a "It's a Deluxe edition so the game is different now" excuse.. but it seems that he'll be putting up the "old" version on the store in the future so everyone will get steam keys for that version if you bought it in a bundle, but not the deluxe version.

I doubt many people will care about this, because it's Radical Roach.. terrible game to begin with.. but I'm just putting it out there.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/301750/discussions/0/540741858852408000/#c540741858900294541

I'm starting to think there's a bunch of closet FakeCAGs up in here.
Pfft' Not me, the most I've ever spent on a CE is $70, and that includes the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary's Collector's Set (MSRP $150).

I did spend an ungodly amount on a Halo 4 code that only came with Limited Edition consoles though... for it to only be included in the Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition (a first for the series) later on.. :wall:

Man, there are a lot of goofy named games, but that one is pretty ridiculous.

My 200th game on Steam, thanks x2.
Thought Banzai Pecan looked cute, so I tried playing it last night. Tutorial text is super tiny and the wrong color, so I can't even read it, and the characters move too fast. Ruins the flow of the fighting.

Not surprised, but was naively hoping for a hidden gem.

You guys are buying CEs wrong. Buy them on clearance, like I do. I have a sealed Starcraft 2 CE that I bought for $25 ;)
Sometimes I do. It depends though some of them do sell out and never get restocked. With the D3 expansion, I was peer pressured. :p That game is addicting. It pretty much shut down Jake's 'business' because he's constantly playing on Torment IV and getting 20 or legendary drops an hour.

As for wanting the CE, I blame Drabes for making me want that damned skeleton dog.

I guess I'm part of the problem because I bought into Nuclear Throne Early Access and it's the first thing I've bought on Steam in a long time. But it is awesome and they seem to be doing early access right.

Sometimes I do. It depends though some of them do sell out and never get restocked. With the D3 expansion, I was peer pressured. :p That game is addicting. It pretty much shut down Jake's 'business' because he's constantly playing on Torment IV and getting 20 or legendary drops an hour.

As for wanting the CE, I blame Drabes for making me want that damned skeleton dog.
Speaking of which, this is back down to $13ish:

http://www.amazon.com/Deadfall-Adventures-Collectors-Edition-PC/dp/B00CPKURVU/

I guess I'm part of the problem because I bought into Nuclear Throne Early Access and it's the first thing I've bought on Steam in a long time. But it is awesome and they seem to be doing early access right.
What exactly is so great about Nuclear Throne or the way they are doing Early Access?

The game is a super fun rogue-like. If you like rogue-likes you will probably like it. It's pretty challenging, but it ramps up nicely. Watch a video to get the idea of what it is like? I'm bad at describing games. Ha ha! As far as the early access - they are doing weekly updates to the game that make significant additions and improvements. They also have a twice-weekly twitch stream and you can interact that way. Dev notes. Etc. It's fun seeing the game grow. I actually only just bought it, but I've been watching it.

You guys are buying CEs wrong. Buy them on clearance, like I do. I have a sealed Starcraft 2 CE that I bought for $25 ;)
I've never seen that one that low, but I usually see Blizzard stuff go for at least half of what it started at 6-9 months after release. You can usually catch some pretty good deals on CEs at Amazon (and occasionally Newegg, but their stuff tends to dry up faster than Arizona in the spring) after stuff's been out for a while. That Wings of Liberty CE was the last one I actually bought at full price (and I had a little extra dough at the time for one reason or another; tax refund?); I felt like a sucker later when it was selling a ton of places for $50. Uncharted 3 was going for about $30 at one point. I got an Arkham Asylum PS3 CE at GameStop for $25 a long time ago. I bought the Rift CE from Amazon a few months ago for $20 (I mostly wanted the Inon Zur soundtrack).

Even cheap CEs are usually too pricey for me, but most of them tend to be crap anyway. Your average CE is just a fancy box, a couple of in-game gemgaws, a soundtrack, and a map. Some of them don't even have that, but they still want to charge an extra $10-50 for it. I can only assume the people who are buying these don't care about money/live under bridges so they can feed their gaming habits or are independently wealthy.

Hm. Kind-of want that; didn't Motoki get it and say it was pretty good?

Hm. Kind-of want that; didn't Motoki get it and say it was pretty good?
It's been sort of hovering around that price for a while now but it fluctuates sometimes. The CE is nothing to write home about, it's basically the digital deluxe edition with the making of videos, soundtrack and the extra gun DLC but everything is on disc, if you care about that. Still, it's the cheapest it has gotten compared with the DD

I like it. It's a fun game in a sort of cheesy Indiana Jonesy sort of way. It's nice that some adventure games are more than just 2D point and clicks. There's some shooting elements but their pretty mild. I wouldn't call it a Collector's Edition but I don't regret getting it for $13 + free prime shipping.

What exactly is so great about Nuclear Throne or the way they are doing Early Access?
Curious about this as well since it was in that Mojam Humble Bundle and they pulled that 'Oh this is the deluxe/different/special/more bonusy/you-don't-get-a-Steam-key-so-STFU edition' shit. Those jam bundles are lame but I feel like if something actually does come out of one of them then the people who contributed should get it.

It's also, no surprise, been in Early Access for ages and will probably remain there for ages longer.

I bought the original diablo 3 CE and that sold out fast. Now if you want it you're looking at well more than the 100 it sold for. I think it sold out during preorders.

Now I get to swing my epeen around with the special CE wings from vanilla and the two dyes you can't get from a vendor.

I didn't buy the CE for the xpac, I just got the digital deluxe edition for the new wings, the dog and extra character slots.

I also upgraded my star craft 2 HoS for the skeleton wings in D3.....

Bought for Sweezy Gunner.
It would be so sad if you didn't actually end up getting a key from them.

A new Indie Gala.

Pay $1 for the first 24 hours for:

Not bad for a buck if you don't have most of these already (I have Level 22, Sweezy Gunner and Clickr), . I wish they'd done this while Slip was still a Playfire reward, but oh well.

If you don't have Sweezy Gunner from Carl's promo, it's an easy buy.

The game is a super fun rogue-like. If you like rogue-likes you will probably like it. It's pretty challenging, but it ramps up nicely. Watch a video to get the idea of what it is like? I'm bad at describing games. Ha ha! As far as the early access - they are doing weekly updates to the game that make significant additions and improvements. They also have a twice-weekly twitch stream and you can interact that way. Dev notes. Etc. It's fun seeing the game grow. I actually only just bought it, but I've been watching it.
While I'm not the biggest fan of roguelikes, the idea of them keeping to a weekly update for Early Access does sound like the way EA should be handled by most devs.

It would be so sad if you didn't actually end up getting a key from them.

Not bad for a buck if you don't have most of these already (I have Level 22, Sweezy Gunner and Clickr), . I wish they'd done this while Slip was still a Playfire reward, but oh well.

If you don't have Sweezy Gunner from Carl's promo, it's an easy buy.

Crapsule would actually be smart to schedule these bundles with Playfire rewards, they'd probably sell a ton more.

I hope no one is planning to play idle Radical Roach anytime soon on Steam. The only version of the game on the store atm is "Deluxe". They dev doesn't want to give keys for that to bundle purchasers, so he's planning on adding a "normal" version to the store eventually after "all updates are out" and wants to give us keys for that version. It's confusing. The dev ended up flipping out and locking the Steam key/bundle thread here. He said we won't be getting keys for weeks.

lol, apparently he changed his mind. He deleted the old thread, made a new one, and said he'll be sending out steam keys for the deluxe version soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/301750/discussions/0/540741858960127008/

One of my local Walmarts still has two on clearance for 73 bucks each...

(Not sure why they haven't sold... And not sure why I bothered to tell you all this.)

Curious though... Does anyone know why Decent Free Space The Great War isn't on sale anymore on steam...? Wasn't it part of the weekly? (Anyhow, if anyone bought it but only added it to their inventory I would be interested in it.)

One of my local Walmarts still has two on clearance for 73 bucks each...

(Not sure why they haven't sold... And not sure why I bothered to tell you all this.)

Curious though... Does anyone know why Decent Free Space The Great War isn't on sale anymore on steam...? Wasn't it part of the weekly? (Anyhow, if anyone bought it but only added it to their inventory I would be interested in it.)
Might be worth grabbing those, they seem to sell at around $250-300 so you could easily make some profit back, as long as you're talking about SC2 and not the expansion.

Man, just for s&g I went to my local Walmart, Micro Center and TRU and they have a holelottanuthin.  Micro Center was the only one that had D3 stuff and it was MSRP+.  I guess Amazon it is. 

Man, just for s&g I went to my local Walmart, Micro Center and TRU and they have a holelottanuthin. Micro Center was the only one that had D3 stuff and it was MSRP+. I guess Amazon it is.
Likely not worth the trouble to save a few dollars more but eBay has a a few sellers around 30-32 shipped with buy it now.

MK: Komplete was just recently that price on Humble, glad I'm getting a second chance.

Odd that certain sites haven't dropped the MSRP to $20 yet.
Weak weak ehhhe ew already have mkk got it on tremor games and injusticie haah i got on gmg same price ahhah lol i wish i can punch my past me to add more credits neuro fault he need meatballs punchy

Weak weak ehhhe ew already have mkk got it on tremor games and injusticie haah i got on gmg same price ahhah lol i wish i can punch my past me to add more credits neuro fault he need meatballs punchy

TremorGames has MK: Komplete for like 5k coins and they're out of stock. Would rather save my coins for delisted games they have.

i was talking bout myself yo and brought when it was higher lol when it wasnt 75% lol and u bad
soudns lyk a sertin bobbifly neds a spnasy

Edit:

Two Assassin's Creeds this year? Jesus. While I don't mind the series, even enjoy it to an extent, this is just ridiculous. That will make 8 full fledged titles. Although, the idea of playing as a Templar is interesting.

I held out for a bit then caved of the Digital Deluxe upgrade for the non-combat puppy, a few more character slots (used them all), and the WoW pet. By which point I already had sunk 100+ hours into, so it wasn't a gamble.

A new Indie Gala.

Pay $1 for the first 24 hours for:

Ooh, Tr-Zero looks cool (even though it's Desura, not Greenlight).

Two Assassin's Creeds this year? Jesus. While I don't mind the series, even enjoy it to an extent, this is just ridiculous. That will make 8 full fledged titles. Although, the idea of playing as a Templar is interesting.
Templars are dicks.

I can see why it appeals to you. ;)

It's easily worth the buck all by itself... but I'm shocked you don't have a key after all you did. Someone here would've at least hooked you up with an extra from the new bundle, I'm sure!
I thought he was joking, but if he seriously doesn't have the game, he can have my spare.

Does anybody know where the shady folks in the trade thread migrated to? I haven't seen any of them posting in a while--are they all playing Diablo III?

I held out for a bit then caved of the Digital Deluxe upgrade for the non-combat puppy, a few more character slots (used them all), and the WoW pet. By which point I already had sunk 100+ hours into, so it wasn't a gamble.
Ashes, What's the deal with the pet in the digital deluxe? I probably wouldn't get close to using that many char slots and don't play wow. Any reason to spend the $20 for the DD upgrade?

Thanks!

Tone doesn't always transfer well in text. For instance, right now I am laughing hysterically.
Whenever someone says they are laughing hysterically I picture a psychopath about to murder someone.

I've been told I'm a little morbid.

I found a Half-Life retail disc while cleaning out my closet and decided to try the cd key on Steam.  It redeemed as the Platinum Collection and bumped me over the 1000 game mark.  I guess that's not a bad way to get there.  Now I can add the bundle fodder I've been collecting over the past few weeks without worrying that something icky will claim the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back