Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! You've just explained most Western Fantasy/Sci-Fi fiction as well. You did however forget to mention that both Western and Eastern fiction also suffers from plot holes big enough to drive a semi truck convoy through.
Um, okay, I'm just going to leave this here:

Serge, the game's protagonist, is a 17-year-old boy with blue hair who lives in the fishing village of Arni. One day, he slips into an alternate world in which he drowned ten years before. Determined to find the truth behind the incident, he follows a predestined course that leads him to save the world. He is assisted by Kid, a feisty, skilled thief who seeks the mythical Frozen Flame. Portrayed as willful and tomboyish due to her rough, thieving past, she helps Serge sneak into Viper Manor. Kid was raised by Lucca as a child, and vows to find and defeat Lynx, an anthropomorphic panther who burned down Lucca's orphanage. A sadistic and cruel agent of the supercomputer FATE, Lynx is bent on finding Serge, with and succeeds in taking his body. He travels with Harle, a mysterious, playful girl dressed like aharlequin. Sent by the Dragon God to shadow Lynx and one day steal the Frozen Flame from Chronopolis, she painfully fulfills her duty though smitten with Serge. To this end, she helps Lynx manipulate the Acacia Dragoons, the powerful militia governing the islands of El Nido. As the Dragoons maintain order, they contend with Fargo, a former Dragoon turned pirate captain who holds a grudge against their leader, General Viper. Their home base, Viper Manor, is also infiltrated by Serge, Kid, and one of three characters—Nikki, a musician, Pierre, a hero-in-training, or Guile, a mysterious magician. Though tussling with Serge initially, the Acacia Dragoons—whose ranks include the fierce warriors Karsh, Zoah, Marcy, and Glenn—later assist him when the militaristic nation of Porre invades the archipelago. The invasion brings Norris and Grobyc to the islands, a heartful commander of an elite force and a prototype cyborg soldier, respectively. As they too seek the Frozen Flame, the plot unfolds amidst several other characters.

I got a headache and my eyes started bleeding around the fifth or sixth sentence. I have a feeling if I read about 9-10 of these JRPG plot synopses, my face would melt like the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Serge, the game's protagonist, is a 17-year-old boy with blue hair who lives in the fishing village of Arni. One day, he slips into an alternate world in which he drowned ten years before. Determined to find the truth behind the incident, he follows a predestined course that leads him to save the world. He is assisted by Kid, a feisty, skilled thief who seeks the mythical Frozen Flame. Portrayed as willful and tomboyish due to her rough, thieving past, she helps Serge sneak into Viper Manor. Kid was raised by Lucca as a child, and vows to find and defeat Lynx, an anthropomorphic panther who burned down Lucca's orphanage. A sadistic and cruel agent of the supercomputer FATE, Lynx is bent on finding Serge, with and succeeds in taking his body. He travels with Harle, a mysterious, playful girl dressed like aharlequin. Sent by the Dragon God to shadow Lynx and one day steal the Frozen Flame from Chronopolis, she painfully fulfills her duty though smitten with Serge. To this end, she helps Lynx manipulate the Acacia Dragoons, the powerful militia governing the islands of El Nido. As the Dragoons maintain order, they contend with Fargo, a former Dragoon turned pirate captain who holds a grudge against their leader, General Viper. Their home base, Viper Manor, is also infiltrated by Serge, Kid, and one of three characters—Nikki, a musician, Pierre, a hero-in-training, or Guile, a mysterious magician. Though tussling with Serge initially, the Acacia Dragoons—whose ranks include the fierce warriors Karsh, Zoah, Marcy, and Glenn—later assist him when the militaristic nation of Porre invades the archipelago. The invasion brings Norris and Grobyc to the islands, a heartful commander of an elite force and a prototype cyborg soldier, respectively. As they too seek the Frozen Flame, the plot unfolds amidst several other characters.

I got a headache and my eyes started bleeding around the fifth or sixth sentence. I have a feeling if I read about 9-10 of these JRPG plot synopses, my face would melt like the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
ftfy

I'm now blind.

So, in case I forgot to mention it the other day, I found out that purchasers of IG9 are entitled to a Steam key for Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Lands (Android version was in IG9) if they email proof of purchase to the dev. Just got my response (took less than 24 hours):

Hi Bobby,

Here is your Steam key for Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land:
[Key redacted]
We've posted some help guides into the Steam forum if stuck. Any Steam reviews, upvoting reviews you like and kind words in the forums would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Tomas

Now that's good customer service, didn't have to say anything besides the initial email I sent, and they didn't claim "But it's the Android version!" akin to this bullshit from the QUBE dev. They just gained a new fan.

tumblr_ldi0vyRWmy1qzkzypo1_500.gif

Steam just got an update. Looks kinda different.

Edit: The ability to only install certain DLC is now enabled outside of beta.

I'm a writer myself, and I can tell you that the vast majority of lengthy stories are always going to sound like that when they're compressed into a block of text like that. I know the story of Chrono Cross inside and out, and that block of text does a terrible job of explaining things.

Chrono Cross's story can be summarized much more simply. It comes down to two themes, man and nature. Man plays God in creating a computer system so advanced (using alien technology, basically) they control the lives of the common people. Nature is seen through the dragons, which have their own dark agenda. You're put in between the two, and slowly you unravel the mystery and learn the truth behind things, ultimately thwarting all attempts to take over the world, more or less.

It's a complex story, and it has some flaws, but the best stories around are complex. Western RPGSs don't escape that rule and have problems of their own.

I'm betting Watch_Dogs is gonna flop as a full price AAA game. Poor reviews and disappointment inbound.

Though, I hope I'm wrong.
it'll sell plenty regardless of quality due to non stop hype. if hype was equivalent to quality watchdogs would be goty for the next two decades

Tried the in-home streaming, it works much better than I thought.  Although some games I had to change them to windowed mode so they'd work correctly.  On my main desktop the game was running windowed, while on the tablet and laptop they ran fullscreen.

I would agree that the worst of the stories are almost as convoluted as what I posted, but the basic narrative of Who is not that tough to understand.
Yes The basic narrative of Doctor Who is not that tough to understand if you actually watch it and not come into it with preconceived notions brought on by random other people's poor attempts at explaining it. Then again I like to judge things based on actual direct experience with them. An unbiased approach is best. I'm sure you've dealt with your share of people who blindly hate on Doctor Who just as much. It ain't fun is it. Of course I could prove my point by dragging up some poorly written fan synopsis as well but all that proves is inexperience with the subject matter. I'm not one for proving my ignorance so readily. I am a fan myself of Doctor Who but maybe not to the same level.

Actually, it seems that the hype has been relatively subdued in comparison and being so close to launch it seems odd.
That's because of what I posted about earlier. There's a review embargo until release, which is almost never a good sign for a game, especially after said game has seen delays.

That's because of what I posted about earlier. There's a review embargo until release, which is almost never a good sign for a game, especially after a game has seen delays.
I was unaware of that. But, yeah, not a good sign indeed. It seems like there was more publicity when WD was delayed time after time as opposed to now when I would normally be expecting some previews or even some initial thoughts of the game.

Yes The basic narrative of Doctor Who is not that tough to understand if you actually watch it and not come into it with preconceived notions brought on by random other people's poor attempts at explaining it. Then again I like to judge things based on actual direct experience with them. An unbiased approach is best. I'm sure you've dealt with your share of people who blindly hate on Doctor Who just as much. It ain't fun is it. Of course I could prove my point by dragging up some poorly written fan synopsis as well but all that proves is inexperience with the subject matter. I'm not one for proving my ignorance so readily. I am a fan myself of Doctor Who but maybe not to the same level.
Totally.

5355526489_362401cedf_o.jpg

Totally.

{inaccurate nerd tutorial of Doctor Who redacted}
That's all wrong, btw.

He's over 2000 years old, can regenerate 12 times within one cycle, and can regenerate even more with enough energy. His real name is mentioned numerous times (Christos-something), he isn't the last of the Time Lords, and he doesn't destroy Gallifrey with the Doomsday weapon.

That's all wrong, btw.

He's over 2000 years old, can regenerate 12 times within one cycle, and can regenerate even more with enough energy. His real name is mentioned numerous times (Christos-something), he isn't the last of the Time Lords, and he doesn't destroy Gallifrey with the Doomsday weapon.
I think you and your fellow nerds need to have a lan party or something because you guys can't seem to agree on some pretty simple facts here from a pretty simple show.

That's because of what I posted about earlier. There's a review embargo until release, which is almost never a good sign for a game, especially after said game has seen delays.
Release day embargo is very common now, it doesn't mean anything.

I was unaware of that. But, yeah, not a good sign indeed. It seems like there was more publicity when WD was delayed time after time as opposed to now when I would normally be expecting some previews or even some initial thoughts of the game.
There is one review out and a lot of leaked footage, most footage is from the beta but there is some retail as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back