Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I will give you that Loony Toons was not bad for its day. Days. Really anything they did before I was born (everything afterwards was godawful). I actually also kinda like Top Cat, but that could just be me.

But Scooby-Doo? Tom and Jerry? Ugh. You ask me, quite nearly all kids animation released on American television before 1990 fell somewhere on the spectrum between boring and offensively bad.
Well, the main problem with a lot of cartoons is that they're supposed to be funny and they generally aren't, especially ones that are targeted to a child audience.

I will have to say that for whatever reason, I really liked the original Scooby Doo series that ran from 1969-1971. It got progressively more stupid once they started revising it in its many iterations to come with "guest stars" like Batman and Robin and the Harlem Globetrotters and the always-dreadful Scrappy Doo. However, I think the thing that resonated with me the most in that show, however formulaic it may have been, was the notion that monsters aren't real. That's part of why the second Scooby Doo feature film was such a crushing disappointment--it completely subverted the classic SD paradigm (usually expressed by Velma) that there is a rational explanation to account for every phenomenon. Sadly almost all of television has veered wildly in the opposite direction recently, with such ostensibly-reputable networks as National Geographic, Animal Planet, and Discovery airing abysmally-fatuous shows about Bigfoot, Swamp Monsters, River Monsters, Aliens Among Us, Haunted Highways, Haunted Houses, Haunted Cesspits, Ghost Whisperers, and damn near every shade of tomfoolery under the sun.

Alrighty then, don't know why I got named. I don't take w/o saying. Dumbass.
All the lurkers get named after codes get lurked. Why are you so apprehensive? Lurker's remorse? ;)

EDIT:
WxfwZQe.png

Quick everyone, get him to come back!

All the lurkers get named after codes get lurked. Why are you so apprehensive? Lurker's remorse? ;)
I took them all so I can drop them later without any context. I was afraid a real CAG would get them and I can't allow that. We gotta take care of the lurkers.

Sadly almost all of television has veered wildly in the opposite direction recently, with such ostensibly-reputable networks as National Geographic, Animal Planet, and Discovery airing abysmally-fatuous shows about Bigfoot, Swamp Monsters, River Monsters, Aliens Among Us, Haunted Highways, Haunted Houses, Haunted Cesspits, Ghost Whisperers, and damn near every shade of tomfoolery under the sun.
im-not-saying-it-was-aliens.jpg

Is there any reason to play the GOG version versus the Steam version?
Not really. But it's nice to have a free DRM-free version. :mrgreen:

Can I get a free steam copy if I have a GOG copy? If not, why not?
I wish. If not, it's probably because the people behind GOG are the devs behind both The Witcher games, so, it makes sense for them to have the authority to give free GOG copies of their own game.

Some summer seal dates are stating to leak again, although this doesnt give us a start date. This is definitely one benefit of having all these amateur, indie devs from greenlight. It's just a matter of time before the actual dates are leaked.

EDIT: Spoder was quick to point out this was already posted. That's what I get for getting sidetracked with cartoons and pedophiles.

Steam-Summer-Sale-2014-Starts-in-Late-June-Leaked-Forum-Post-Says.jpg

I wish. If not, it's probably because the people behind GOG are the devs behind both The Witcher games, so, it makes sense for them to have the authority to give free GOG copies of their own game.
Is it unCAGly to want the Steam version for $1.99 when I own it on GOG?

Is it unCAGly to want the Steam version for $1.99 when I own it on GOG?
A little bit. I kinda wanted the Steam version of W2 after they added cheevos in and I'd already played my retail DVD version, but I'm not actually going to pay money for it. . . .

Daily Deal
Democracy 3 - 24.99 12.49 [customspoiler=DLC]

[/customspoiler]

Weekend Deal
Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition - 19.99 6.79
You missed:

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $139.99 $69.99 [customspoiler=Includes][*]Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Collection - $59.99 $29.99[/customspoiler]

EDIT: getting spoilers to work is the bane of my existence.

Don't feel bad. I picked it up on GOG during the Time Machine sale and I'm in the same boat. Was hoping I could just sell/gift the extra GOG version.
I do feel bad. I have a perfectly playable copy, DRM free, currently installed, and I want another copy on Steam for reasons I am unable to articulate. I actually owned the physical game from retail, and got the GOG key using the CD key.

Ugh almost tempted to pay $15 for the Divinity Humble Bundle since Dragon Commander hasn't been lower than $13.59 on Steam before and I don't have any of the other games except for Divinity 2.  But I should probably wait until it's $5 or something.

Thanks.. spoder'd it for Bobby.
Thanks again Spoder. And thanks Hefe for the giveaway.

I do feel bad. I have a perfectly playable copy, DRM free, currently installed, and I want another copy on Steam for reasons I am unable to articulate. I actually owned the physical game from retail, and got the GOG key using the CD key.
You're just a Steam hoarder like most of us, don't feel bad, you're among friends. :p

6734ded151e22190e89c46efa313719ea17c767adbe1108c532026fb62f3e7e4.jpg

Yes, let the Darkness of a CAG Hoarder flow...

BTW: I own 3 (or more) digital copies of King's Bounty (from bundles, sales and etc) and have no regrets because its a great game. If you think the game is worth it and want to support the developers, go for it. PC games are cheap

Actually I will give you that Loony Toons was not bad for its day. Days. Really anything they did before I was born (everything afterwards was godawful). I actually also kinda like Top Cat, but that could just be me.

But Scooby-Doo? Tom and Jerry? Ugh. You ask me, quite nearly all kids animation released on American television before 1990 fell somewhere on the spectrum between boring and offensively bad.
Some cartoons will stand up to the test of time. Looney Toons is one of them. The original Tom & Jerry cartoons are another (so you're wrong!!). It's just classic physical comedy and kids will always love that.

I have a real soft spot for Hanna Barbera cartoons because I grew up with them and a nearby theme park featured them for many years. But even I know that most of their stuff is disposable and you have to have a pretty heavy dose of nostalgia to enjoy them.

The best H-B cartoons are:

- The original Scooby Doo (horror and comedy - kids will always love that)

- The Flinstones (written as much for adults as kids)

- The Huckleberry Hound Show (the hound himself, Yogi, Pixie & Dixie, Hokey Wolf - all classics)

and that's about it.

Because H-B dominated television cartoons for decades, not much of it was truly great (but I love it). As competition increased with new networks the shows have gotten somewhat better, though there are still plenty of stinkers.

For my money, though, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, and a lot of the early Universal/MGM cartoons are among the best ever made.

iBomber is about the horrors of war, dumbass.
I thought it was an adventure game following the story of a young boy who's family was killed by the military occupying his country, and his trails and tribulations that lead him to becoming a suicide bomber.

Is there any reason to play the GOG version versus the Steam version?
DRM IS EVIL... so the talking toaster says.

Can I get a free steam copy if I have a GOG copy? If not, why not?
GOG is a toaster-haven, they don't dispense such DRM-filth

Not really. But it's nice to have a free DRM-free version.
DRINK Toaster

Witcher on GOG is a bit of a pain to patch.

Ugh almost tempted to pay $15 for the Divinity Humble Bundle since Dragon Commander hasn't been lower than $13.59 on Steam before and I don't have any of the other games except for Divinity 2. But I should probably wait until it's $5 or something.
h_EA95_C1_E2.jpg

Did they update the Dawn of War franchise pack? It didn't come with Space Marine when I bought it. But then again, I think it was $9.99 or something like that.

This paid patch thing is getting out of hands seriously. Both Metro games are getting one.

Basically fixing broken gameplay (better AI) & optimised graphics (Last Light engine) for first one,

At least they are nice enough to give 50% off for original owners if they preorder.

"Fans of the original game will notice new features and gameplay improvements, including new melee animations, the ability to check your watch and ammo supplies on the fly, and new full-body player animations."

"Fans of the original game will find the unique world of Metro transformed with incredible lighting, physics and dynamic weather effects.."

Nice job for $10 patches.

Ugh almost tempted to pay $15 for the Divinity Humble Bundle since Dragon Commander hasn't been lower than $13.59 on Steam before and I don't have any of the other games except for Divinity 2. But I should probably wait until it's $5 or something.
I think I might cave on this one and just pretend it was my intention to give fifteen bucks to Doctors Without Borders all along.

This paid patch thing is getting out of hands seriously. Both Metro games are getting one.

Basically fixing broken gameplay (better AI) & optimised graphics (Last Light engine) for first one,
At least they are nice enough to give 50% off for original owners if they preorder.

"Fans of the original game will notice new features and gameplay improvements, including new melee animations, the ability to check your watch and ammo supplies on the fly, and new full-body player animations."

"Fans of the original game will find the unique world of Metro transformed with incredible lighting, physics and dynamic weather effects.."

Yeah, I read about those. Obviously this was mainly done for consoles but, like Doom 3 BFG, needlessly intruded into the PC space as well. I mean, Metro 2033 is at least somewhat justifiable as the original version is a poorly optimized mess, but Last Light really doesn't need an upgrade, especially when the "original" version is due to be $5 on Steam any day now.

Yeah, If I hadn't gotten Metro: Last Light for free I would be so pissed... (Last Light is still a great game though)

But seriously, the DLC for Last Light (Ranger DLC especially) is ridiculous for the price.

They shouldn't be making the AI improvements only part of the upgraded version. The AI in 2033 was an absolute mess and needs to be fixed for everyone that owns the game, not just those willing to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back