Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
txthf08.png
tumblr_mzqam7GXR71reqpbro1_400.gif

So I can finally add Sniper Elite V2 to the complete complete category.  I hadn't gone back to completely finish the DLC missions.  They are TOUGH.  I had to lower it down to the easiest difficulty to finish them up and I passed the game on the medium difficulty.  The hitler one I had already finished and is fun just due to him being a moving target.  Neudorf Outpost is great if you wanted more stealth out of the game.  They actually have an achievement for not being spotted once during the level (which i didn't come close to).  Landwehr Canal focuses more on stealth snipe shots (using the bombs and planes to mask your shots) and long range sniping.  St. Pierre is the only one that maybe isn't the best.  I had fun on it, but it's shorter than the first two and doesn't really have a focus.  I guess it focuses a little on quick sniping headshots.  I will say I recommend you go straight from finishing the game to the DLC.  You really hone your sniping skills as you play and get used to the physics.  I took a big break and these DLC are at higher difficulty so the learning curve was not forgiving at all.  

Takedown is the only one I've played that he listed, and I can confirm it's much worse than Yet Another Zombie Defense.

I really don't think the game deserves that much hate. We got it free, the dev is selling it very cheap, and it comes with cards. What other $1.99 MSRP game has cards? I don't think I've seen any. The dev never tried to rip anyone off, at least.
At least the developer made the effort to send out the free codes during the first day of his game release unlike some developers and with trading cards, it is hard to nipick when it is free money for everyone.

On my laptop I have integrated graphics and I haven't had a single problem running any games. Of course, I only run games that are at least two years old on it, but I haven't had any problems with demanding games at all.
I have an integrated graphics solution atm (AMD A8-3970k Llano APU). The only game that refused to ever run was The Saboteur. It outright said something to the effect of "Graphics Card not detected", and the readme's specifically said it wouldn't run on integrated graphics (alot of games say they don't support integrated chipsets, but this was the first and only time I ever had any issue doing so).

You know why I don't own any of the Half-Life games....because I do not want to get sucked into waiting for Half-Life 3

To Hell with the Price!
CAG membership rescinded.

I have a hypothetical question: say I wanted to get the Dungeon Siege Complete Pack. How easy would it be to get my hands on the expansions for the first two Dungeon Siege games? As near as I can tell, nobody has any intention of offering those on Steam.
First off - DS1: LOA was a re-release. To get that expansion, you had to buy THAT re-release LOA Edition to get the expansion content. Can't buy DS1 then LOA separately. LoA re-release always contained everything (base-game + expansion). Nice way to slap your customers in the face, Microsoft.

Whereas - you could buy DS base-game + BW expansion separately piece-by-piece;

or just flat-out buy DS2: Deluxe (that edition contains everything).

DS1: LoA Edition; DS2 (base game) + Broken World (Expansion); and DS2: Deluxe are all old now. Since retail these days often sucks at having old games - good luck w/ this (well, at least in my area - ain't seen those in years anywhere). So, you unfortunately might have to go check Ebay for Retail copies or bother anybody who doesn't want their Retail copies anymore. Since they're all old - I don't expect them to be easy finds at your local retailer. :(

Also where it also gets even more complicated, was its publishing wasn't always w/ Microsoft + dev's did differ on one occasion. So, I do wonder if there could be legal reasons why we ain't seen Square Enix push DS1: LOA and DS2: BW; or if SE are just bloody lazy here (and haven't secured rights for either expansions); or if SE don't have builds w/ the expansions (and ain't Got them); or they're sitting on final builds w/ expansion and just ain't released them; or God knows what.

At the Retail level:

DS1 original + DS1: LoA Edition + DS2 base-game was published by Microsoft;

and Take-2 published both DS2: Broken World (expansion) + DS2: Deluxe.

(DS2 Deluxe contains both DS2 base-game + Broken World expansion).

For who developed what here:

Gas Powered Games developed (almost) all of the DS content, except for the DS1: LoA expansion content.

The DS1: LoA expansion content was from Mad Doc Software (which later became Rockstar New England, when Rockstar bought them out, BTW).

I have a hypothetical question: say I wanted to get the Dungeon Siege Complete Pack. How easy would it be to get my hands on the expansions for the first two Dungeon Siege games? As near as I can tell, nobody has any intention of offering those on Steam.
Its as easy as buying them from eBay and installing them in the proper directory in your steamapps... Or at least it should be that easy. (I got the complete Pack for the DSIII when it was really cheap but already had the DS and DSII via retail... So I completely replaced my steam directory with the retail installs. Steam copies of DSI and DSII do not feature MP.)

Heads up, if you grabbed the Blink Bundle, the last game is unlocked: Alien Zombie Megadeath.
Still haven't decided what to do with that bundle... Seems like they are just trying to get you buy more stuff a retail. (extra episodes)

Not a big lost.

Maybe Microsoft should think about not screwing over PC gamers first with their GFWL (and then closing it down leaving the games with the dumb DRM intact SOL) before thinking about bring over a "console shooter" series to PC.
I undoubted agree with your follow up comments but I think your a bit quick to sell Halo so short. It may not be for you, and I'm not trying to tell you it is, BUT Halo on Steam would be huge... Few series have sold as many consoles as Halo. They've sold two generations of consoles and likely will sale a third and their inclusion on modern PC would have to make every publisher who chooses to ignore the PC platform to double think that stance. (I think you would likely only see the original trilogy, ODST, and Reach on PC...)

I'd like to think that Spartan Assault is one of those bullshit "toe in the water" moves to see how well Halo sells on PC nowadays (on Steam, now that GFWL is gone). Seriously.
Very much could be... and as much as Halo is their flagship moneymaker I almost wonder if Forza would make them more money... It not like PC FPS players are accepting of console FPSs.

Its as easy as buying them from eBay and installing them in the proper directory in your steamapps... Or at least it should be that easy. (I got the complete Pack for the DSIII when it was really cheap but already had the DS and DSII via retail... So I completely replaced my steam directory with the retail installs. Steam copies of DSI and DSII do not feature MP.)

Still haven't decided what to do with that bundle... Seems like they are just trying to get you buy more stuff a retail. (extra episodes)

I undoubted agree with your follow up comments but I think your a bit quick to sell Halo so short. It may not be for you, and I'm not trying to tell you it is, BUT Halo on Steam would be huge... Few series have sold as many consoles as Halo. They've sold two generations of consoles and likely will sale a third and their inclusion on modern PC would have to make every publisher who chooses to ignore the PC platform to double think that stance. (I think you would likely only see the original trilogy, ODST, and Reach on PC...)

Very much could be... and as much as Halo is their flagship moneymaker I almost wonder if Forza would make them more money... It not like PC FPS players are accepting of console FPSs.
I understand M$ needs to sell consoles w/ Halo 4 + 5 being on their XB consoles platforms, so I'd be fine w/ more of the older Bungie titles coming here - i.e. Halo 3, ODST, and Reach.

All that matters to me - is they eventually at least do bring it here to the PC, even if its some years down the road.

And yes; the more games & companies that port stuff to the PC - the better, IMHO. M$ porting Halo would be a big deal.

Same situation here. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm gonna wait for the bonuses/mystery game to show up since the price won't increase between now and then.

As for the Valve sale on GameFly, The Orange Box would be a good deal.. if I didn't already have Portal and TF2 for free. I have it for 360 though. Is Half-Life Complete worth it? $8* seems kinda steep.
The orange box is only showing up as $5 (so $4) for me (Aus). Don't know anything about region locks.

The orange box is only showing up as $5 (so $4) for me (Aus). Don't know anything about region locks.
Half Life Complete is a different thing than the Orange Box, but thank you for letting me know regardless, nice person. :)

Yes, the Orange Box is $5 here ($4 with coupon), but I'd rather just spend the extra 4 and get all the Half-Life shit since I have everything non-Half-Life related in it (because Valve has given it away on Steam for free, the generous fucks :bouncy:).

Daily Deal
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $29.99 $7.49

New SquareEnix Deals
Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]

Random Deals
Tiny Brains - $9.99 $2.49
Agricultural Simulator 2013 Steam Edition$9.99 $0.99
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming - $14.99 $1.49
Daikatana - $6.99 $2.79

That sounds terrible. No wonder there was never a Gunstringer 2. :whistle2:(

What? The Tomb Raider Collection doesn't include the GotY Edition of Tomb Raider '13? What the fuck?

At least the DLC is sold separately in a collection (for $5 at the moment).
None of the DLC for Tomb Raider feels necessary in any meaningful way. The only one I can see an argument being made for is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer ($0.75), as it is the only DLC that adds on to the single-player experience, but even that is fluff that lasts about 10 minutes. The rest of the DLC is either cosmetic outfits, abilities you can already earn in-game, or multiplayer content.

Yeah, we really need Myth: TFL and Myth II: Soulblighter on Steam or GOG.

OOH, Oni and Minotaur: The Labyrinths of Crete would be great, too. Never had a chance to play those.
Amen to all of this.

I ain't played ANY of those, BTW.

Though, I'd rather all of those games be available on BOTH Steam AND GoG.

PC Gamers do deserve their choices & preferences, IMHO.

None of the DLC for Tomb Raider feels necessary in any meaningful way. The only one I can see an argument being made for is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer ($0.75), as it is the only DLC that adds on to the single-player experience, but even that is fluff that lasts only about 10 minutes. The rest of the DLC is either cosmetic outfits, abilities you can already earn in-game, or multiplayer content.
Good point. I was more just surprised they didn't include it in their big Tomb Raider bundle. It's kind of a cheap move, imo. (The Collection's already $70, and the DLC bundle is $20). Shame on you Squeenix.

PC Gamers do deserve their choices & preferences, IMHO.
You're wrong. So, so wrong. Haven't you paid attention to Microsoft, Capcom, and the others? PC gamers deserve shit. They're allowed shit. They're sold shit. They buy shit. The only thing they're entitled to is shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTU4dKpoB8

Good point. I was more just surprised they didn't include it in their big Tomb Raider bundle. It's kind of a cheap move, imo. (The Collection's already $70, and the DLC bundle is $20). Shame on you Squeenix.
They're probably hoping to sucker some people in, who ain't aware to rope them into buying the DLC Pack for whatever the cost is (currently $5 - the same cost of the base-game). Of course, we're CAG's - we are supposed to ALWAYS be aware. That's $5 we can spend on some other big base-game, bundle, or whatever. ;) And if we ain't - surely worth asking around here b/c somebody else here on CAG likely knows the score.

We should be thankful that the TR 2013 DLC is considered unnecessary, according to many. When that's the case, I think it's easy to just say, "Screw the DLC then" and just buy what we really need.

Of course, when there's games that have supposedly really good + meaningful DLC's - i.e. see Skyrim + Dishonored - then that can muddy the waters w/ "Should we purchase this or just wait for a better bundle to come out" or not?

You're wrong. So, so wrong. Haven't you paid attention to Microsoft, Capcom, and the others? PC gamers deserve shit. They're allowed shit. They're sold shit. They buy shit. The only thing they're entitled to is shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTU4dKpoB8
And that's why I often don't pay full price for anybody's "shit." With horrible business practices - such as copious DLC amounts (see SR:TT); re-releases coming later w/ everything (insert any edition of a game that later comes w/ ALL content - i.e. see SR:TT Full Package); releasing games that ain't ready in early states that sound like Alpha or Beta (see Battlefield 4 PC); the way some companies aggressively drop prices on their games (Square Enix does this a lot; 2K does this here and there); "basic PC ports" (see Dark Souls PTD PC); modders being the ones who really fix the PC version (see Durante for Dark Souls PTD PC + Deadly Premonition PC); the way some companies discount re-releases w/ everything better than they do buying each piece separate in the same exact sale time-period (see how Zenimax and Bethesda w/ how they treat pricing on Complete versions of Skyrim + Dishonored vs. how they discount each DLC); the way many digital stores aggressively compete w/ each other for the better price; and the way DRM schemes could make certain games likely future-proof - then why should I even think of dropping that full MSRP of normally $60 on a base-game for pre-order or week of release for a PC game?

This is the real question I ask myself - "At the full-price of $60 or close to it, am I likely being screwed here?"

Given what I said above; and also telling you that I am someone who doesn't replay very many games; given the length of many games today (i.e. not super-long in many instances - i.e. maybe somewhere around 5-15 hours); and that I always likely am going to move onto the next game...

...you could guess my answer is most of the time, "YES."

And that's why I often don't pay full price for anybody's "shit." With horrible business practices - such as copious DLC amounts (see SR:TT); re-releases coming later w/ everything (insert any edition of a game that later comes w/ ALL content - i.e. see SR:TT Full Package);
I don't get the hate for SR DLC -- 90% of it is garbage anyway unless you have a burning desire to dress as a vampire nun or a hot dog or have crudely animated Penthouse models following you around or whatever dumb shit. Why be bitter that you don't get garbage unless you pay for it?

I don't hate the SR TT: The Full Package because it was included in the Humble Bundle for dirt cheap, and because they have a retail release of it for consoles. If I bought the full game and the Season Pass, and the Full Package came out.. then I might be mad (because these little things should have been included considering the price paid(it's $80 for both at launch)), I assume that's where the hate comes from. :bouncy:

Edit: Also, another problem with all the minor DLCs is that they're basically selling you cheats.. which used to be free bonuses included with games. The monetization of cheats is just.. bleh.

And the Full Package is missing 2 DLCs... (one of them is actually just early unlocks in-game).

The DLCs altogether cost ~$63, by the way.

I'm tempted to buy Tiny Brains, it's something I'd play right away.. but the 2 pack isn't discounted, and there's no 4 pack. I don't think they thought this through.

DLC, DLC? DLC!?!

If DLC were physically collectable I'd probably buy more of it, that said I don't understand why some consumers won't buy a game unless it comes in a GOTY or a complete package when it will come with everything. The CAG justification for it being on sale eventually at a reduced price makes sense, especially when story driven DLCs are included. However, most of the time DLC is utter garbage anyway with extra player skins, weapons, multiplayer maps, unnecessary early weapon/item unlocks, cheats, etc... DLC is just extra marketable game content fodder that can best be described as post-purchase regret.

*Looks at Steam profile for DLC owned* ...516 DLC owned! What the fuck !? :whistle2:

I don't hate the SR TT: The Full Package because it was included in the Humble Bundle for dirt cheap, and because they have a retail release of it for consoles. If I bought the full game and the Season Pass, and the Full Package came out.. then I might be mad (because these little things should have been included considering the price paid(it's $80 for both at launch)), I assume that's where the hate comes from. :bouncy:

Edit: Also, another problem with all the minor DLCs is that they're basically selling you cheats.. which used to be free bonuses included with games. The monetization of cheats is just.. bleh.

And the Full Package is missing 2 DLCs... (one of them is actually just early unlocks in-game).

The DLCs altogether cost ~$63, by the way.
The other DLC that doesn't come in the Full Package is a bit of a cheat, at least early in the game, and you can't turn it off.

Just tried Guardians of Middle-Earth. The tutorial made me sick

"You are ready

[press enter]"

"To regain energy, you can use potions

[press enter]"

"To Drink potions press the shortcut buttons

[press enter]"

"Now drink your energy potion. Press 1

[press enter]"

"You just used a potion. Look at the green lights

[press enter]"

"Your character is beign healed

[press enter]"

"Now wait until...

[press enter]"

[press enter]

[press enter]

[press enter]

[press enter]
OMG!!!!!. I HATE IT!!!!

Have the Sleeping Dogs prices changed today?  Or has its DLC been 75% since the start of the Weekend Sale...?

I may want to pick up some of its DLC, but if today's prices aren't any better than before....than I should just wait 'til tomorrow to see if it gets its own special sale day.

Have the Sleeping Dogs prices changed today? Or has its DLC been 75% since the start of the Weekend Sale...?

I may want to pick up some of its DLC, but if today's prices aren't any better than before....than I should just wait 'til tomorrow to see if it gets its own special sale day.
I wonder if and when we might see Sleeping Dogs + DLC at over 90% off glitch ever again. ;)

EDIT:

If you look closely, you can see "POOP" and "EA" on the same sign. Coincidence?
Absolutely not. ;)

DLC, DLC? DLC!?!

If DLC were physically collectable I'd probably buy more of it, that said I don't understand why some consumers won't buy a game unless it comes in a GOTY or a complete package when it will come with everything. The CAG justification for it being on sale eventually at a reduced price makes sense, especially when story driven DLCs are included. However, most of the time DLC is utter garbage anyway with extra player skins, weapons, multiplayer maps, unnecessary early weapon/item unlocks, cheats, etc... DLC is just extra marketable game content fodder that can best be described as post-purchase regret.

*Looks at Steam profile for DLC owned* ...516 DLC owned! What the fuck !? :whistle2:
I think the thing is - I don't like keys going to waste.

I don't wanna buy base-game; then have to buy Complete Edition just to get ALL the DLC - but then ALSO since it contains base-game I already own, a base-game key ends-up WASTED.

It's not like if I buy base-game and later buy Complete Edition - then I get a copy of the base-game in my Steam Gifts inventory. No - it just goes to BLOODY WASTE. I'd rather be able to gift, trade, or do anything I want w/ extra copies.

Only rarely on Steam do you buy a base-game; and then later if you re-buy Complete Edition, you wind-up w/ an extra key for the base-game. Orange Box did this, if you already owned some of the HL2 games in the box.

EDIT:

You can turn off the blood sucker dlc easily with a mod, but I don't think you can turn off the unlockable pack AFAIK.
Game companies should really keep $DLC Cheats and Unlocks OUT of the Season Passes and any Complete Packs.

You can turn off the blood sucker dlc easily with a mod, but I don't think you can turn off the unlockable pack AFAIK.
Game companies should really keep $DLC Cheats and Unlocks OUT of the Season Passes and any Complete Packs.

I think the thing is - I don't like keys going to waste.

I don't wanna buy base-game; then have to buy Complete Edition just to get ALL the DLC - but then ALSO since it contains base-game I already own, a base-game key ends-up WASTED.

It's not like if I buy base-game and later buy Complete Edition - then I get a copy of the base-game in my Steam Gifts inventory. No - it just goes to BLOODY WASTE. I'd rather be able to gift, trade, or do anything I want w/ extra copies.

Only rarely on Steam do you buy a base-game; and then later if you re-buy Complete Edition, you wind-up w/ an extra key for the base-game. Orange Box did this, if you already owned some of the HL2 games in the box.
For me, I don't mind buying a game outside of a Complete Edition/Game of the Year Edition.. unless I know it's getting one based on history.

It's the reason I won't buy Arkham Origins (aside from the whole "We're not gonna fix bugs, just make DLC for more $$$!") yet or that I didn't wanna get Civ V from the Humble the other day. Because I know there'll be a better edition of it soon enough, just like they did with their predecessors. Pretty much any game with a substantial amount of DLC will do this (or have a discounted collection on Steam) especially those with a Season Pass, and I have a big enough backlog that by the time I actually play the game, it'll be out. So why just buy vanilla?

And on top of that, yeah, it's cheaper to grab the Complete Edition almost all of the time.

EDIT:
The two DLCs mentioned are neither in the Season Pass nor in the Complete pack.

For me, I don't mind buying a game outside of a Complete Edition/Game of the Year Edition.. unless I know it's getting one based on history.

It's the reason I won't buy Arkham Origins (aside from the whole "We're not gonna fix bugs, just make DLC for more $$$!") yet or that I didn't wanna get Civ V from the Humble the other day. Because I know there'll be a better edition of it soon enough, just like they did with their predecessors. Pretty much any game with a substantial amount of DLC will do this (or have a discounted collection on Steam) especially those with a Season Pass, and I have a big enough backlog that by the time I actually play the game, it'll be out. So why just buy vanilla?

And on top of that, yeah, it's cheaper to grab the Complete Edition almost all of the time.
I already have Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn.

If I could get Skyrim Legendary for a nice-price and it actually gave me an extra Skyrim base-copy, I'd maybe buy it.

But, it doesn't.

I'm missing Dawnguard + Hearthfire; I only really need those 2 DLC's. I don't wanna buy Legendary just to get those two DLC's, if it ain't gonna be cheap - since money has already been sunk into Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn; and since Legendary won't gift me an extra Skyrim base-game copy.

Similar situation for Dishonored. Though, I have ZERO DLC's there for Dishonored. I only have Dishonored base-game. If I could get Dishonored GOTY cheap enough, I'd buy it. If buying Dishonored GOTY (to get the DLC namely) would net me an extra copy of Dishonored base-game, I'd be over it for the right price. But, nope - that is NOT the case here; that extra base-game key would go to waste.

If I'm buying Dishonored GOTY or Skyrim Legendary to get missing DLC's - it's gonna have to be so damn cheap, to the point that I won't care much about wasting their base-game keys.

I've never understood the whole DLC fixation.  I'd say 90% of the games I played in the last few years that had DLC I found to be underwhelming and not worth even the paltriest of dollar amounts.  Rather just spend that money on another game.  Maybe ten years ago (or more) when most people only got a game every two months and played it to death... sure I can understand that.  However, when most of us are buying multiple games a month for dirt cheap I simply don't have the time to 100% all of it... nor would I find that entertaining versus starting up a new game of the two dozen in the backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back