Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally want Shannon Tweed. I thought it was a joke. I looked it up and am glad it's not, though I will of course wait for a bundle. ;)

Oh and this game is actually real and I do own it, though I haven't put 100 hours in it, so Steamsigs try harder to troll me next time.

10dxruu.jpg

I got up to 63, but this is crazy hard. About 20-30 of them are in Tokyo.

Pokemon game for Google's April fools, go catch them all! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMD6xELI_k

Update google maps on android or iOS to start.

I haven't seen that movie, but Tommy Refenes (the guy who did most of the coding for Super Meat Boy) is a massive toolbag. I've seen very little of Edmund McMillen (creator/artist/etc. for SMB) outside of his actual work, but it seems like he's not nearly as bad as a lot of other "big name" indie devs.
McMillen is probably the one I'm thinking of then that I liked. I just specifically remember not liking Fish or Blow in the movie.

Daily Deal
Defiance - $9.99 $4.99

Midweek Madness
Dead Island Franchise Pack - $49.99 $12.49 [customspoiler=Includes]

[*]Dead Island: Riptide - $29.99 $7.49

[/customspoiler]
Just a heads-up. The Dead Island available for purchase on Steam automatically comes with the Ripper mod. So don't buy both.

The Dead Island key from the Humble Deep Silver bundle also comes with the Ripper Mod, so keep that in mind too.

The Ripper mod is crap anyways, as there are other mods in-game that do practically the same thing. It's more of an early unlock kind of thing, that they used to promote the Special GameStop Edition at release (it was the "exclusive" DLC that came with it). They also never sold the DLC separately for consoles, but it is included in all retail copies of the Game of the Year Edition for 360/PS3 for some odd reason.

Oh and this game is actually real and I do own it, though I haven't put 100 hours in it, so Steamsigs try harder to troll me next time.

10dxruu.jpg
Why so embarrassed? We've all done our fair share of pussy petting. :bouncy:

Just looked. Defiance's Season Pass/5 DLCs are not on sale and there's still no "Game + Season Pass" bundle on Steam. I'd recommend skipping the sale unless you're really dying to play it.

Also, here's the extra stuff for Digital Deluxe edition, if you feel like shelling out an extra $10 for it.

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

• Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • In game title: Badlands Drifter
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 30 Day scrip boost
  • 30 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • Unique Vehicle Color

I can't disagree with most of what you said, even though I really enjoyed the game, but... there are tombs, and in those tombs are puzzles. Granted they aren't extremely complicated puzzles, but there were times where I had to sit there for minute, think, do some trial and error, etc.

The tombs just aren't a part of the main story, besides the very first one. They're optional, but they're there...
Yeah, for better or worse, they're tombs. And in a way, the entire island is a tomb. I think the complaint that it isn't a good Tomb Raider game, really just means that it isn't exactly like the games before it. In other words... so what?

Why is this not $5 already?

Hmm, do I want Ride to Hell for $2 fake dollars?  I keep telling myself don't buy junk for cheap and buy the better stuff I want when it goes on sale, like Transformers.

Gonna chime in and say I thoroughly enjoyed Kingdom Rush (steam has me logged at 15 hours, and I still haven't beat it yet), it's basically a extended version of the mobile / browser game, so if you're interested, try out the free browser version first. It seems the steam version gets regular free updates with new content (2 new campaigns in last two months). It also has cardz, but I'll let you decide for yourself whether it's worth $1.5~$2.

Wow, worst humble in a while imo.
It's certainly worse than the last PC and Android Humble, but that one stood out as really good for that particular line. I'd say this one is on par with most of the PC/Android Humbles where I was lucky to see one game I didn't already have.

It's certainly worse than the last PC and Android Humble, but that one stood out as really good for that particular line. I'd say this one is on par with most of the PC/Android Humbles where I was lucky to see one game I didn't already have.
Yeah, these have been hit or miss. But the $1 tier is great because I've been waiting for Type:Rider to turn up in a bundle and BC is the last of the "bridge" games on Steam I don't have! My feeling on the BTA is there would have to be some good, non-terrible-phone-port games coming next Tuesday to justify going too high. But I can bide my time for now until it stops dropping.

The Amazing Spider-Man is on Xbox Live right now for $13.59.

Does this mean we'll start seeing some sales on it for Steam....?  (Amazon, GreenManGaming, etc)

I think I'm ready to play that....  Any opinions on it?  I'm disappointed that the webbing doesn't stick to anything except clouds in the sky; glad that is at least being changed for the second game later this month.

The Amazing Spider-Man is on Xbox Live right now for $13.59.

Does this mean we'll start seeing some sales on it for Steam....? (Amazon, GreenManGaming, etc)

I think I'm ready to play that.... Any opinions on it? I'm disappointed that the webbing doesn't stick to anything except clouds in the sky; glad that is at least being changed for the second game later this month.
It was boring. The webslinging has absolutely no thrill to it, since it's pretty much automated. "Hold button -> go" is what you're getting. Combat was alright, if I remember correctly. If you really want it, swing (ha) for $5 or less, and only if you've got gaben bucks to burn through.

Uh... you liked Dragon Warrior, right? Game plays pretty similar to that. There's also no micro-transactions in the PC version.
I liked Dragon Warrior when it came out, ffs I was like 15. So the fact that it looks like shit has "pixel art" is the nostalgia factor? Got it.

Just wanted to mention, since I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere in this thread,  the new flying bundle is up.  It's all Greenlight games for a buck.  I went ahead and purchased it for the chance that some of them get greenlit.

Flying Greenlight bundle is live right over here.

$1 gets you:

Astroloco: Worst Contact (Greenlight) *

Blasted Fortress (Greenlight) *

Deep Eclipse (Greenlight)

Plazma Being (Greenlight) *

Spectrum (Greenlight) *

and a mystery game

* = Also come with Desura key
Just wanted to mention, since I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the new flying bundle is up. It's all Greenlight games for a buck. I went ahead and purchased it for the chance that some of them get greenlit.
Right there with links and stuff. ;D

Just wanted to mention, since I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the new flying bundle is up. It's all Greenlight games for a buck. I went ahead and purchased it for the chance that some of them get greenlit.
I love how they're just dropping the pretense with that bundle. "Hey buy our bundle and get us Greenlit so you can get Steamkeys for all of these for a buck!"

So yesterday Ride To Hell: Retribution was -160% as part of the weeklongs and then full price. The sale is now live, but only for 48 hours.

It's 80% off, $1.99, and the DLC is $0.40.
Deep Silver wants everyone to have the best April Fool's Day in Hell. :twisted:

Just looked. Defiance's Season Pass/5 DLCs are not on sale and there's still no "Game + Season Pass" bundle on Steam. I'd recommend skipping the sale unless you're really dying to play it.

Also, here's the extra stuff for Digital Deluxe edition, if you feel like shelling out an extra $10 for it.

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

• Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • In game title: Badlands Drifter
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 30 Day scrip boost
  • 30 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • Unique Vehicle Color
I had a copy of Defiance sitting in my inventory for a long time before I gave it away to LN3000 and the non-steam version to gilby. For some reason, Defiance is a game that never really caught my interest.

Knights of Pen and Paper starts off humorous, but after an hour or two feels like a grindfest.
Which isn't so bad if you are playing it mobile in short bursts but on the PC not so much.
I enjoyed it from a nostalgia point of view but, yes, it goes on forever.
Agreed with all that. The microtransactions didn't bother me since I easily beat the game without spending a penny -- the only reason to buy gold directly is if you're lazy or impatient. Just by playing the game you make enough to stay geared and buy the extras that matter. The game is a lot of the same over and over but fun enough in bursts on a mobile device. I played most of it over a long weekend on vacation when we'd be kicking around the rental house in the later evening.

Still, not an endorsement of the bundle itself which sucks hard.

Every other Tuesday continues to be the best/worst day there is.

Today is the worst.
At least we have Thursday to look forward to? And Blink, whenever they get the new bundle up.

IndieGala Monday, Humble/Blink/Amazon Tuesday and Humble Thursday. Wednesday and Friday remain terribly unloved.

Monday night/Tuesday is also Xbox day, surprisingly Xbox sales were the smallest disappointment today.

I bought Diablo 2 after playing Titan Quest and Torchlight 1. It completely failed to grab me. Coming at the genre backwards, I could see why some of the later innovations were well-received; but the big thing keeping me away from it was the graphics. 800x600 just doesn't look good on a 1920x1200 monitor.

If you can find it super-cheap somewhere, it's worth trying out just to say you've played it. And who knows, you may like it. But I have no intentions of going back to finish it. There are plenty of other, newer, better ARPGs out there. Path of Exile does the dirty, gritty, broken world art style very well; Marvel Heroes does the fast-paced comic-booky explosionland thing well. Both are free, and free from P2W restrictions.
There's a high res mod for D2: http://www.moddb.com/games/diablo-2/news/d2multires

Also PoE just went P2W.

Path of Exile is now Pay to Win

APRIL 1 - CHRIS
We're always looking for ways to improve Path of Exile's monetisation so that we can bring you more content more quickly. Thankfully, microtransaction design was a very heavily discussed topic at the Game Developers Conference in March. We asked many highly successful developers how we should improve our monetisation, and their answer was unanimous: allow players to Pay to Win.

Given that we were previously against Play to Win, it took a while to come around to how games are designed under this new paradigm. We gleaned the following tips from the experts:
  • When players win, they need fireworks.
  • Social is good. Announce the wins to everyone nearby.
  • Price-wise, you should nickel and dime the players. That's why we chose a price of $0.15 per win.
  • Wins should be consumable and sold in stacks so that players have to keep buying more.
We've made a video about this announcement. If you're uncertain about whether you want to win, it'll help make up your mind.

To purchase your Win Fireworks, press M in game and check out today's daily deal. While the fireworks can only be purchased today, you can stock up on them to impress people for months to come. Thanks for your ongoing support and congratulations for winning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY
Thanks! Finally Jagged Alliance BIA complete in a bundle.

Whoah, Gray Matter just got added to Steam. It's only been Greenlit for nearly a year now.

*Edited to add: I suppose it would stir another flame war shitstorm if I tried to ask Josh in the Amazon thread about the possibility of existing owners of that game on Amazon getting Steam keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back