Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
You lot talk like you're all MMO gods or something, yet I don't see any of you playing Transformice:

<snip>
:shock:

YOU are the Cheese Priest? My parents have lied to me for years! I don't suppose you live in Wisconsin either.

For shame you cheese fraud. For shame. :nottalking:

Does anyone know if you can buy $5 giftcards at the Gamestop stores? I did that 'install this app you DGAF about to get a $5 Gamestop coupon' thing that all the console kids are going on about thinking I could get a 99 cents (plus tax :roll:) Sim City Origin key only to find out the coupon is in store only.
[Insert Price Is Right Losing Horn]

Does anyone know if you can buy $5 giftcards at the Gamestop stores? I did that 'install this app you DGAF about to get a $5 Gamestop coupon' thing that all the console kids are going on about thinking I could get a 99 cents (plus tax :roll:) Sim City Origin key only to find out the coupon is in store only.
Did you call them + ask if they'll match their digital download price for the retail in-store copy?

I kind of doubt it. Their site has the boxed version price side by side with the digital one on the same page and it's not on sale.

As for calling to price match a website and all that crap, 2console4me

I think you can buy giftcards in any denomination. I could just be talking out of my ass though.

Edit: I think it's the latter. $10 seems to be the minimum for a gift card.

Saw all the Diablo 3 talk earlier and I just recently finished the campaign.  If anyone wants to do some Adventure runs you can add me my battletag is RolHol#1627 and name in game is rolhol.  Just a forewarning, I suck.

If you are talking about the Kongregate game that gives you $5 coupon, I just tried using it on a GC and they told me I couldn't do that. Anyone else run into this problem? I could of sworn I bought a Steam GC with the last Kongregate coupon.

Star Citizen and Alien Isolation will be in the next AMD rewards.

108a.jpg

New Releases

To End All Wars- $34.79

Voyage: Journey To the Moon

Millenium 3- Cry Wolf- $4.79

Power Up- $2.69

GoD Factory: WIngmen- $19.99

Monkey Tales Games- $14.99

Gang Beasts(early access)- $14.99

New Releases

To End All Wars- $34.79

Voyage: Journey To the Moon

Millenium 3- Cry Wolf- $4.79

Power Up- $2.69

GoD Factory: WIngmen- $19.99

Monkey Tales Games- $14.99

Gang Beasts(early access)- $14.99
Buy Gang Beasts and tell me how it is. Also, I expect a personal PM when Killing Floor 2 is released.

If you are talking about the Kongregate game that gives you $5 coupon, I just tried using it on a GC and they told me I couldn't do that. Anyone else run into this problem? I could of sworn I bought a Steam GC with the last Kongregate coupon.
Kinda seems like the associate didn't know what he was doing... That doesn't sound right.

*$5 Off Coupon: Limit 1 coupon per customer. Valid for in-store use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Coupon not valid for items priced less than $5.00. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 09/07/14.

Doesn't say anything about not working on gift cards...

Last time they had these coupons people were able to use them on $5 Amazon gift cards. They'll tell you it won't work, but apparently the computer disagrees so if you can get them to try you're probably good. YMMV of course, I haven't tested this voucher. I don't know if any other gift cards are valid, but I'd kind of doubt it.

Last time they had these coupons people were able to use them on $5 Amazon gift cards. They'll tell you it won't work, but apparently the computer disagrees so if you can get them to try you're probably good. YMMV of course, I haven't tested this voucher. I don't know if any other gift cards are valid, but I'd kind of doubt it.
who the fuck has time to go to Gamestop B&M store and argue with mouth breathers for 5 dollars

get a job hippies

All this gift card talk reminded me that I've got a $10 Best Buy GC that expires soon. So I went ahead and used it on the Diablo 3 + Expansion sale that ends tomorrow. $29.99 for both sounds pretty good.

Now I can try to remember where that CAG Diablo 3 group is and maybe join in... or at the very least I can now join in the endless arguments everyone seems to have about it around here. 

I passed Qdoba the other day and they had a sign up for Queso Diablo and I thought that Devil Cheese sounded pretty nasty in a weeaboo fetish sort of way.

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/shadow-warrior-75-steam-discount-key-giveaway

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/shadow-warrior-75-steam-discount-key-giveaway

Shadow Warrior -75% coupon that will stack with any sale, "Valid until 1/1/2015 9:59:00 AM".

Get one of those for winter sale? I think it was -75% on summer sale so you are looking at very CAG friendly ~94% discount.

Unless they have ability to edit coupons to not stack. You can't really lose anyway.
So, that should come out to about 94% off in the case of a 75% off sale? Sounds good to me.

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/shadow-warrior-75-steam-discount-key-giveaway

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/shadow-warrior-75-steam-discount-key-giveaway

Shadow Warrior -75% coupon that will stack with any sale, "Valid until 1/1/2015 9:59:00 AM".

Get one of those for winter sale? I think it was -75% on summer sale so you are looking at very CAG friendly ~94% discount.

Unless they have ability to edit coupons to not stack. You can't really lose anyway.
Awesome.

I got one. :D

Coupons don't stack unless specifically mentioned, as far as I know. So this will probably just get you 75% off.

It's the opposite.. they stack as long as it doesn't say "Can't be applied with other discounts."
Ah. Steam should update it's support page then. It says "Coupons are not valid on discounted items unless specified otherwise." And unfortunately the coupon doesn't seem to work on the special edition of the game, only the standard version.

Ah. Steam should update it's support page then. It says "Coupons are not valid on discounted items unless specified otherwise." And unfortunately the coupon doesn't seem to work on the special edition of the game, only the standard version.
At least on Steam for those who go w/ a Regular Ed, they do sell a Special Edition Upgrade (for Shadow Warrior reboot).

Thanks for this -- I'll hold on to it but I'm sure they'll edit them before the sale.

I was all set to be ticked off about the new SRIV expansion considering they just released a game of the century edition.  Then I went and watched the trailer and I'm very interested.  Considering the fact that it's a standalone expansion, I suppose I can forgive them for it not being in an all-in-one collection.

I'm going to be very mad if I don't hear some cheesy knock off of Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf though.  :D

Thanks for this -- I'll hold on to it but I'm sure they'll edit them before the sale.
I expect that they won't, if prior Alienware Arena coupons are any sort of guide. They've done at least a couple of coupons that did stack with store discounts in the past.

Any CAG opinions on that HALO game on sale this weekend?
It's a fairly competent twin stick style shooter. It has the 3 star rating system that almost all mobile phone games do. Unlike any other Halo game though it doesn't have any real story or cinematics to speak of. I fakeybro'd the game on launch and had a bit of fun out of it. There's just not much driving me to finish it anytime soon. For the price it's at on sale you might have a bit of fun for your money if you like the sort of game I've just described but I'm not gauranteeing anything.

Shattered Horizon is gone from Steam Store. Per the developer:

Yes, I am sorry to say that Shattered Horizon is no longer for sale in any region.

As Unbenannte said, we sold our game studio to Rovio in 2012. Futuremark is 100% forcused on making 3DMark and other benchmarks now. We're a small company and can no longer spare the time and people required to support our old game titles.

Since we will not be able to fix the issues with ranking, leaderboards and stats we decided to take the game down from Steam. As someone who worked on Shattered Horizon, it makes me sad to see it go, but it feels like the right thing to do.

If you own Shattered Horizon you can still play single-player and multiplayer on community servers, though stats are no longer being collected. If you have a CD-key from a promotion or gift, you will still be able to redeem it for a copy in Steam.

On behalf of everyone at Futuremark, and the ex-Futuremark Games Studio crew, thank you for buying and enjoying Shattered Horizon. "See you on the flipside."
You can still buy it via Desura (activates on Steam) if it's worth $10 to you to showcase a dead game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back