Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aldorlea's next game is Waifu Girlfriend Rescue.
http://www.aldorlea.org/girlfriendrescue.php

FEATURES:

• Enthralling Adventure Set in a Modern World
  • Stunning Artworks from the Team Behind Moonchild, The Book of Legends and Undefeated
  • Rename all your characters to yourself, your friends, your family - whoever you want, really
  • 14 Bonus Items to Obtain Upon Completing Each World
  • Innovative and Strategic Battles
  • Original and Inventive Spells Unique to Each Character
  • Incredible Set of Items, Weapons and Equipment
  • Tons of Status Ailments to Enhance the Strategic Aspect
  • 6 Modes of Difficulty (including Rogue, Maniac & Legendary, but also Easy)
  • Visible Encounters, Auto-Save & Optional Mouse Control
  • Great Replay Value with Tons of Possible Parties
  • Cast of 9 Characters to Choose from, Not Including 4 Unlockable "Secret" Ones
  • 79-page Strategy Guide Available if You Need it
SUMMARY:
Girlfriend Rescue is a thrilling new adventure with an enthralling story where "Taken" meets "24".
Innovative in many aspects, mixing rogue-style RPG and Beat 'em Up in a unique way, this game is a clear departure from the usual Fantasy formula.

You have very little time to find where your girlfriend has been taken, and to defeat whoever did it.
It seems a tough and big task. But true love doesn't calculate - it's the highest form of emotion, and this is why you just go after her... death or success, what will it be? Maybe YOU can decide on the outcome!

[customspoiler=screenshots]
eYoyAG3.jpg

stCy6pI.jpg
VZbfJRQ.jpg

Zdt4OPm.jpg

[/customspoiler]

It's not on Steam yet but you know it will happen. For now, you can buy it for the low price of $14.99 and don't forget to buy the guide for $6.99.
reported to Anita Sarkeesian. She & the feminist club will complain to the developers to make a "Boyfriend rescue" version

I still ain't even touched State of Decay + Breakdown DLC yet.

Good thing as a CAG, I didn't buy this stuff at higher pricing, knowing a new Re-Release HD Edition is coming.

I'm kinda getting tired of these re-release HD trends that will cost $ to buy, when there's original-versions out that I already own - i.e. Metro 2033 + LL; Sleeping Dogs; Deus Ex: HR; and now add State of Decay to the list.

It was always one of those games I kept passing on and hoping that maybe it would just stow away in some crap bundle I bought anyway or something. It's a dead multiplayer game that I guess you can play with bots but eh, not worth 10 panic dollars to me.

There have been reports of expired codes still working but I don't know that it's worth chancing.

They leave everything up to the developers in terms of sales so it seems unlikely this guy will put it on sale at this point.
Yup. I kept waiting for it to show up in a bundle I was grabbing anyway.

Another stupid dev: Vote for keys for Forsaken Uprising has failed 3 times now...

First they wanted to give away the keys via their chatroom. But they were forgetting about timezones and stuff.

Next, they said, you need to send them an email and state your Steam name in their group. People, who weren't in the group also send an email.

Now they deleted all their announcements about previous distribution fails and they are working on a client you need to DOWNLOAD to get your key!  :wall:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ForsakenUprising/discussions/0/34096318864869945/

Shady business practices... 

Another stupid dev: Vote for keys for Forsaken Uprising has failed 3 times now...

First they wanted to give away the keys via their chatroom. But they were forgetting about timezones and stuff.

Next, they said, you need to send them an email and state your Steam name in their group. People, who weren't in the group also send an email.

Now they deleted all their announcements about previous distribution fails and they are working on a client you need to DOWNLOAD to get your key! :wall:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ForsakenUprising/discussions/0/34096318864869945/

inb4 Someone cracks it and gets multiple keys.

Well we all know keys for votes is shady and we know from experience many indie devs lack the commonest of common sense or the foresight to look into things. I kind of think we know (WGN aside) there's a 50/50 chance of some clusterfuck happening when we go and vote all that trash that we don't really want to play in just for a +1.

I do it too; I'm just as guilty as the rest.

So Biart has some games in the latest DIG Mini Weekend Bundle. I wonder if he'll hook people up with steam keys if they ask nicely?
No, he won't. He only put the alpha version Depth Hunter 1 in that bundle and is only giving Desura keys because he won't even put it on Steam, which would solve all the problems without him actually having to give away the patched version Depth Hunter 2.

I noticed he did put Depth Hunter 2 on Desura recently, which possibly means he didn't get as many sales on Steam as he hoped and may bundle it (Indie Royale?) just to get some kind of income. I think he has enough sense and experience (and greed) to know he's going to like all of 3 direct sales from Desura for a $20 game so I don't see any other reason for him to put it on there.

inb4 Someone cracks it and gets multiple keys.
Exactly. I still don't understand the part how they want to verify my Steam identity. Keylogger? Other Spyware-crap?

The best part: He invited me and gave me my key via chat to shut my mouth. And then I should do the work for him to develop a simple web page! Because, they are just a team of 2 and don't know how to build web sites... Yeah, sure.

Exactly. I still don't understand the part how they want to verify my Steam identity. Keylogger? Other Spyware-crap?

The best part: He invited me and gave me my key via chat to shut my mouth. And then I should do the work for him to develop a simple web page! Because, they are just a team of 2 and don't know how to build web sites... Yeah, sure.
They could use Steamworks API to make it secure (it would've to be reeleased on steam). But the tool would've to be released on steam so...

they could just read config files from steam folder. Then it would be matter of figuring out which files it reads and change to *Someone's* steamid.

They could use Steamworks API to make it secure (it would've to be reeleased on steam). But the tool would've to be released on steam so...

they could just read config files from steam folder. Then it would be matter of figuring out which files it reads and change to *Someone's* steamid.
That'd've been a software I could trust (#1). But downloading some random crap is a no-go for me.

I guess, they'll make a web page in the end. And they are calling themselves developers...

UPDATE: And it's official, it'll be a web site.

Well these days people put together default cut and paste sprites in RPGMaker and not only call themselves developers, they get money from Kickstarters and sell their game on Steam. The latter they probably don't get much money from (okay maybe from Nitrosmob :p) except for bundles, but still.

It's a new age we live in. In the future, everyone will get 15 minutes of being a game developer.

That'd've been a software I could trust (#1). But downloading some random crap is a no-go for me.

I guess, they'll make a web page in the end. And they are calling themselves developers...
OpenID login is very easy. To put it in perspective:

$openid = new openid();
if (!$openid->mode) {
$openid->identity = 'http://steamcommunity.com/openid';
return Redirect::to($openid->authUrl());
}
elseif ($openid->validate())
{
$id = $openid->identity;
}

I changed libraryname so lazy devs can't just copy this :p

Can someone invite me to that group? Looks like I missed the initial join the group for keys thing.
I'll try to invite you, if it's still possible.

But I think they somwhere mentioned, that they already scraped the user ids.

And, like DXHR, I'm sure they'll still charge for the new edition... with a loyalty discount that doesn't stack with sales thus allowing new buyers to get it at the same price. Which is really insulting in the case of Undead Labs since they really needed those original buyers versus a monolith like Ubisoft Montreal.
90% off or no buy right mooby heheh wait or mooby get 5 bucks to repaid

Now they deleted all their announcements about previous distribution fails and they are working on a client you need to DOWNLOAD to get your key! :wall:

Obligatory "if only they asked me" post.

I loved the franchise, but season pass for a smaller game don't make sense. This should've been an expansion for BL2 and more characters added. Eff that! Waiting for 75% off.

Trying to stop myself from #FAKECAGing Bound by Flames and South Park because both games alot of people have said it is better to wait for 75% off and my backlog doesn't help.

Not sure how I managed it, but I decided to try and beat a game every day in August and am finally done! [customspoiler=List]
  • Year Walk
  • Feeding Frenzy 2
  • They Breathe
  • Jamestown
  • Back to Bed
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • QUBE Director’s Cut
  • A Virus Named TOM
  • Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can
  • Circuits
  • Unmechanical
  • Go Home Dinosaurs
  • Croixleur Sigma
  • Cinders
  • Jazzpunk
  • Beast Boxing Turbo
  • Splice
  • Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus
  • The Blackwell Legacy
  • Another Perspective
  • Stacking
  • Eleusis
  • Sideway: New York
  • Detective Grimoire
  • Hamlet (or the last game…)
  • Expendabros
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Hexcells
  • The Cat and the Coup
  • Secrets of Raetikon
  • Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
[/customspoiler]

Most of these are really short and/or ones I had left half finished prior, but it still feels good to deal with a decent chunk of backlog.

A $60 game is considered smaller now?

What is the Pre-Sequel anyway? Is it just another way to phrase this whole deluxe/Director's Cut/Redux bullshit? Basically a stand alone DLC?

Not sure how I managed it, but I decided to try and beat a game every day in August and am finally done! [customspoiler=List]

• Year Walk
  • Feeding Frenzy 2
  • They Breathe
  • Jamestown
  • Back to Bed
  • QUBE Director’s Cut
  • A Virus Named TOM
  • Circuits
  • Unmechanical
  • Go Home Dinosaurs
  • Croixleur Sigma
  • Cinders
  • Jazzpunk
  • Beast Boxing Turbo
  • Splice
  • The Blackwell Legacy
  • Another Perspective
  • Stacking
  • Eleusis
  • Detective Grimoire
  • Expendabros
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Hexcells
  • The Cat and the Coup
  • Secrets of Raetikon
[/customspoiler]

Most of these are really short and/or ones I had left half finished prior, but it still feels good to deal with a decent chunk of backlog.
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Y?? why u play instead of idling party

A $60 game is considered smaller now?

What is the Pre-Sequel anyway? Is it just another way to phrase this whole deluxe/Director's Cut/Redux bullshit? Basically a stand alone DLC?
It's a standalone expansion. All new characters, skill trees, and content. It includes none of the stuff from BL2.

I personally think the price is too high for not being a full-blown sequel. The part that nags me the most is that it isn't even being primarily developed by Gearbox, but by 2K Australia (some former Irrational Games).

I do want it since it's Borderlands and no doubt I'll have friends playing it, but I think it's going to need to drop in price by about 50% for me to begin considering a purchase.

Hal I agree.  For me it would be buy at $20 easily considering how much borderlands 1 and 2 that I have played, but not at $60.

Let me add that IF I was going to pay full retail of $60, it would be more for Witcher 3; the developer will upgrade and improve the game without charging everyone for DLC like 2K does.   I realize that you can get a game key for Witcher 3 now for $18, which is a  fantastic deal, but my point is that cd projekt red has taken care of their customers with Witcher 1 and 2 compared to the continual asking for more money from 2K for Borderlands.  I will fully concede that some of the DLC is worth it for Borderlands 2 i.e. Tiny Tina's Assault and that Borderlands is a great game, funny, can be both single and multi player, etc...

I thought it was their plan to release it as budget ($20-30-ish) title, but I guess they can get away with full priced 'mini' game.

$60 for game + $30 for Season Pass =

fuck  you very much, Gearbox.

I can wait until 2016 when the bundle hits $5. I bet we'll also get Headhunter-styled packs, more characters, and lots and lots of skins that aren't even included in the season pass.

Daily Deal
Dieselstormers - $18.99 $11.39
I don't think there's ever been a daily where I had never heard of the game

• Year Walk
  • Feeding Frenzy 2
  • They Breathe
  • Jamestown
  • Back to Bed
  • QUBE Director’s Cut
  • A Virus Named TOM
  • Circuits
  • Unmechanical
  • Go Home Dinosaurs
  • Croixleur Sigma
  • Cinders
  • Jazzpunk
  • Beast Boxing Turbo
  • Splice
  • The Blackwell Legacy
  • Another Perspective
  • Stacking
  • Eleusis
  • Detective Grimoire
  • Expendabros
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Hexcells
  • The Cat and the Coup
  • Secrets of Raetikon
[/customspoiler]

Anything on this list you would especially recommend/hidden gems/would caution to stay away from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back