Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
To those that want Red Dead Redemption on P.C.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/35370/20140901/red-dead-redemption-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc.htm

1387245361916.gif
one less thing for mysterd to repeat

thank god

I'm not sure whether to hope for it to sell well or to sell terribly: on one hand, I want Rockstar (and other devs/publishers) to think that it's worth bringing their games to PC... but on the other, I want them to realise that taking five freaking years to do so is unacceptable.

Why the hell do people pay attention to that site? That confirms NOTHING AT ALL. No linked sources, it's pure speculation.

"They are identified as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and Manhunt. All three are Rockstar's success stories and they all deserve a sequel. However, Red Dead Redemption is the most popular of the pack."

THIS SAYS NOTHING, THIS IS A CLICKBAIT ARTICLE. For Shaq's sake...

So... Waking Mars.

256621-funny-gifs-citizen-kane-clapping.gif

I was NOT expecting the kind of game it turned out to be. Some of the backtracking to raise the level in the various biomes was a pain in the ass so I eventually started spamming seeds to make creatures spawn over and over to get around that. I ended up getting all achievements over a period of two and a half days. Still, great story, pretty cool acting, and most importantly, some really dumb leftover content in the game's files.

... what? I had to take a peek.
I really enjoyed Waking Mars when I played it last year. I'm curious. What was the leftover content?

I really enjoyed Waking Mars when I played it last year. I'm curious. What was the leftover content?
Leftover game editor images, placeholder / temporary images (including a half-finished picture of Amani sitting down at her desk... with a Shutterstock watermark on top), and some cut lines, some with audio files to boot.

Sorta OT...  I'm trying to nail down the last few components for my new build.  Currently I'm running Asus and Intel MOBOs and like them both.  I've never had an issue with Asus boards at all in fact.  I've had problems with Foxconn and am not the biggest fan of Gigabyte.  So, that leaves me with ASRock and MSI, neither of which I have used.  Anyone care to share any good/bad experiences with either of those?  If it matters, I'll be going Z97 with a i5-4690K.

Obviously a YMMV thing but I've had good luck with MSI. People seem to say ASRock is a good value usually though.

Okay I'm no help.

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition can be preordered on this site.

http://www.icewinddale.com/
Just be warned if you pre-order from there you probably won't get a Steam key, if the past situation with Baldur's is any indication.

Sorta OT... I'm trying to nail down the last few components for my new build. Currently I'm running Asus and Intel MOBOs and like them both. I've never had an issue with Asus boards at all in fact. I've had problems with Foxconn and am not the biggest fan of Gigabyte. So, that leaves me with ASRock and MSI, neither of which I have used. Anyone care to share any good/bad experiences with either of those? If it matters, I'll be going Z97 with a i5-4690K.
I've had good luck with Gigabyte, ASRock and MSI. It depends more on the individual motherboard than the brand to me. Just research which one has the most features for what you want available at the best price.

I've had a bunch of experience with both Asrock and MSI boards. My first Asrock board was utter crap. Then my brother upgraded to a newer Asrock board and I got his old MSI board and it worked like a champ. He's recently upgraded again to another MSI board that runs like shit and he gave me the newer Asrock board which is probably the best board out of all of the ones we've used. I guess you could say that my advice on wether to go with an MSI or Asrock board might as well be up to the flip of a coin. We've had good and bad luck with both.

Sorta OT... I'm trying to nail down the last few components for my new build. Currently I'm running Asus and Intel MOBOs and like them both. I've never had an issue with Asus boards at all in fact. I've had problems with Foxconn and am not the biggest fan of Gigabyte. So, that leaves me with ASRock and MSI, neither of which I have used. Anyone care to share any good/bad experiences with either of those? If it matters, I'll be going Z97 with a i5-4690K.
I'm using an ASRock Extreme4 Z77 for my last build and it's been stable for the last two years, with a mild overclock on my i5-3570k (4.0ghz from 3.5). The UEFI is relatively user friendly, layout of the board is fine with 8+4 phase design for decent overclockability, and it included the same amount of features compared to ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. for a better price at the time. I liked that they put the angled SATA ports on the lower right corner so as not to interfere with larger GPUs on the primary pci-e slot. Two of the SATA ports are shared with the e-sata ports in the back unfortunately, but I only have 3 ssd/hdds installed so I'm fine with it at the moment. The size is less wide than a standard ATX but that didn't really pose any problem. I think ASRock improved their rep with their Z68\Z77 designs, so current boards are probably decent too.

I used ASUS boards previously and never had a problem with those, but those were in the LGA775 days.

I'd go with ASUS or Gigabyte. Every desktop PC I've owned has had an ASUS motherboard, but I'd easily consider a Gigabyte one if they offered better feature sets than ASUS for the same price.

ASRock has a reputation of being cheaper, but with quirky design. The last ASRock board that I considered buying had a connector in a weird and inconvenient place. I think it was some SATA connectors between PCI-e slots where they'd be inaccessible if you installed a dual-slot graphics card.

I have no idea what MSI is like as a product, but their range (and warranty IIRC) here is terrible: I think I've only seen half a dozen models here since the Core 2 generation.

I think ASRock is owned by Asus now.
I think it's the other way around: they were part of ASUS, but were split/sold off years ago.

Honestly, if it's dud it will turn up right away and if not then it should be fine. I've always either had issues immediately or near immediately with mbs or just not at all (unless I did something dumb myself to cause it).

If you buy from somewhere with a good return policy it really shouldn't be an issue other than a bit of PITA. Newegg is really good about returns and if you did that Shoprunner free year offer they keep extending then they even let you ship returns for free.

The QA in most of those factories in Asia is pretty spotty in my experience and I've had issues with some piece of hardware from just about every major known brand at some point but I've never had a problem with returns with Newegg.

Zombie Tycoon 2 is the lowest price to date and with the two pack it comes to $1.50 each. Most of the rest of the weekly stuff is meh but I may get bought that one.

Why the hell do people pay attention to that site? That confirms NOTHING AT ALL. No linked sources, it's pure speculation.

"They are identified as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and Manhunt. All three are Rockstar's success stories and they all deserve a sequel. However, Red Dead Redemption is the most popular of the pack."

THIS SAYS NOTHING, THIS IS A CLICKBAIT ARTICLE. For Shaq's sake...
The earnest gazes of the androgynous KPop stars on the links to the right are calling you a goddamned liar.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. It's been a few years since I've really researched hardware.

As for mobos, I've always used MSI or Gigabyte and have good luck (Except for way back when, when I had one of these puppies. But like I said, it's been a while since I've replaced or researched hardware.
ahh yes soyo dragons, I used one of those on the first one I built, I think a k6-400. Those mobos had the most features of any out there from what I remember

Daily Deal
Turbo Dismount - $9.99 $3.99

Weeklong Deals
Gravity Badgers - $4.99 $0.49
Dream Pinball 3D - $6.99 $0.69
Humanity Asset - $9.99 $0.99
Hyper Fighters - $9.99 $0.99
Arena Wars 2 - $4.99 $0.49
Glacier 3: The Meltdown - $9.99 $1.49
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet - $3.99 $0.59
Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $1.34
Enclave - $4.99 $0.94
Gorky 17 - $4.99 $0.94
A New Beginning - Final Cut - $9.99 $1.89
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades - $19.99 $3.99
Real Warfare 1242 - $14.99 $2.99
Hacker Evolution - $9.99 $1.99
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge - $9.99 $1.99
Eternity's Child - $4.99 $0.99
XIII Century – Gold Edition - $19.99 $3.99
Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command - $4.99 $1.24
Space Farmers - $9.99 $2.49
Face Noir - $19.99 $4.99
Bionic Dues - $9.99 $2.49
Timelines: Assault on America - $14.99 $3.74
Tribloos 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising - $9.99 $2.49
Grimind - $9.99 $2.49
Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star - $29.99 $7.49
Master Reboot - $19.99 $4.99
Aartform Curvy 3D 3.0 - $99.99 $24.99
Canyon Capers - $6.99 $1.74
Medal of Honor: Airborne - $9.99 $2.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $1.24
Victoria II - $19.99 $4.99
Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - $9.99 $2.49
Full Spectrum Warrior - $9.99 $2.49
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers - $9.99 $2.49
Sacred Gold - $9.99 $2.49
Ankh 2: Heart of Osiris - $4.99 $1.24
Monster Challenge Circus - $4.99 $1.24
Hippocampal: The White Sofa - $4.99 $1.24
Street Racing Syndicate - $9.99 $2.49
Realms of the Haunting - $9.99 $2.49
Sledgehammer / Gear Grinder - $7.99 $1.99
Pixel Puzzles: Japan - $6.99 $1.74
Panzer Elite Action Gold Edition - $9.99 $2.49
Chip - $6.99 $1.74
Vault Cracker - $4.99 $1.24
Tower Wars - $7.99 $2.39
The Showdown Effect - $19.99 $6.79
Hexcells - $2.99 $1.01
Saturday Morning RPG - $6.99 $2.44
Volt - $5.99 $2.39
Dominions 3: The Awakening - $19.99 $7.99
Chaos Domain - $9.99 $3.99
Inversion™ - $9.99 $3.99
Conquest of Elysium 3 - $9.99 $3.99
Pride of Nations - $24.99 $9.99
Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection - $4.99 $2.49
Wanderlust: Rebirth - $7.99 $3.99
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2014 Plus - $99.99 $49.99
Final Slam 2 - $9.99 $4.99
Worms Revolution - $14.99 $7.49
Rage Runner - $4.99 $2.49
Echo of the Wilds - $6.99 $3.49
Panzer Tactics HD - $19.99 $9.99
CONSORTIUM - $19.99 $9.99
Space Hulk - Complete Campaign DLC - $15.99 $7.99
Nom Nom Galaxy - $19.99 $9.99
Lost Civilization - $9.99 $4.99
Eterium - $19.99 $10.99
Retro Game Crunch - $14.99 $9.89
Spice Road - $19.99 $13.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $24.49
Hive - $9.99 $7.99
Rescue - Everyday Heroes (U.S. Edition) - $19.99 $15.99

Special Promotions
Black Ink - $99.99 $44.99
The Sun at Night - $14.99 $7.99
Life Goes On - $12.99 $9.74

Well it ain't out yet. There's still plenty of months for you to go on about it. Assuming it does ever come to pass.
Would be nice.

If that link's actually on the $, of course.

It would make sense to delay the PC port like they have, if they planned on putting also putting it on Next-Gen Consoles like XB1 + PS4.

We'll have to wait + see.

"Based on the reveal, only three titles are in contention for getting a sequel.

They are identified as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and Manhunt. All three are Rockstar's success stories and they all deserve a sequel. However, Red Dead Redemption is the most popular of the pack."

I guess this isn't a thing.

Manhunt_2_Wii_Box_Art_FINAL.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that article is 100% bullshit.

"Based on the reveal, only three titles are in contention for getting a sequel.

They are identified as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and Manhunt. All three are Rockstar's success stories and they all deserve a sequel. However, Red Dead Redemption is the most popular of the pack."

I guess this isn't a thing.

Manhunt_2_Wii_Box_Art_FINAL.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that article is 100% bullshit.
Not to mention Red Dead Redemption is the sequel to Red Dead Revolver, so really there isn't going to be a "sequel" to Redemption, but likely a third entry in the series.

Question nobody should ask but I will anyway, Why doesn't MysterD talk all the time about a hypothetical Red Dead Revolver PC port that will never happen?

BundleStars is doing some thing where they release a new bundle everyday for five days in a row. The first one doesn't look too terrible.

Inferno Bundle

• Urban Trial Freestyle
  • Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
  • Orbital Gear
  • Jet Car Stunts
  • The Few
  • 8BitBoy
  • Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus
  • Speed Kills
  • Residue: Final Cut
  • Freedom Fall

$3.99 for the first week.

Question nobody should ask but I will anyway, Why doesn't MysterD talk all the time about a hypothetical Red Dead Revolver PC port that will never happen?
B/c I really want RD Redemp here.

But, yes - I could go for RD Revolver on the PC, as well.

Hey Steam thread, what are the top online co-op Steam games you have played in the last couple years? Looking for some new games.
[customspoiler='List']Borderlands 2
Magicka
Portal 2
Monaco
Battleblock Theater
Castle Crashers
Serious Sam (I think all of them have 8-16 player coop)
Dungeon Defenders
Killing Floor
Risk of Rain (if you can get it working)
Sanctum 2
Metal Slug 3
Pixeljunk Monsters
Pixeljunk Shooter
Hoard
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light[/customspoiler]

ASRock and MSI

Z97 with a i5-4690K.
ASRock and MSI are both rock solid!

My latest build is on the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Gen4 (2012).

Before that it was on a ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 (2011).

Before that it was a MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce (2009).

They're all still running and great performers. The Asrocks are repeated top choices from Tom's Hardware.

[customspoiler='List']Borderlands 2
Magicka
Portal 2
Monaco
Battleblock Theater
Castle Crashers
Serious Sam (I think all of them have 8-16 player coop)
Dungeon Defenders
Killing Floor
Risk of Rain (if you can get it working)
Sanctum 2
Metal Slug 3
Pixeljunk Monsters
Pixeljunk Shooter
Hoard
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light[/customspoiler]
Sweet giveaway, I'll take Risk of Rain cheers mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back