Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we ever getting Steam keys for this from the Groupees Greenlight bundle it was in?
Wasn't the reasoning for us not getting keys was because it was picked up by a pub, rather than make it through the Greenlight Nonsense System?

Why would you expect them to give out keys when devs who actually make it through often try to renege on their deal? You're silly.

Wasn't the reasoning for us not getting keys was because it was picked up by a pub, rather than make it through the Greenlight Nonsense System?
ibmpRuvpmYG9ME.gif

Fair enough, I'm sure it'll appear in some crappy bundle eventually so I can backlog it.

I need to find a religion where heaven allows you access to your Steam account.

Maybe GabeN will come up with one soon.

Fair enough, I'm sure it'll appear in some crappy bundle eventually so I can backlog it.

I hear hell actually lets you access your steam account... but you can't buy any bundles or sell any cards.

I also have the ASRock Z77 Extreme4. I haven't had any issues at all. I was a bit nervous given the pricing compared to boards with similar specs but it's been great.

Strategy First hasn't bundled much lately....think they figured out its better to put your shovelware at big discounts on weekly deals.

I hate to say it, but depending on how the reviews are, I may have to (Russian) Fakeybro that if I can.
I might fakeybro it at full US price. It looks like fox may be right about it being region locked. I'll become the ultimate fakeybro.

Also looking forward to fakeybroing Resident Evil Revelations 2 and possibly the Resident Evil 1 remake.

I also have the asrockextreme4z77uber1337edition and have had no issues in just under 2 years.

Also, Red Dead Redemption is a solid game but, like most of Rockstar's offerings, highly overrated. Rockstar is good at creating believable worlds, but story and gameplay are typically average at best.

I also have the asrockextreme4z77uber1337edition and have had no issues in just under 2 years.

Also, Red Dead Redemption is a solid game but, like most of Rockstar's offerings, highly overrated. Rockstar is good at creating believable worlds, but story and gameplay are typically average at best.
RDR is the only Rockstar game I've ever finished, and its next sequel is the only title of theirs that I'm looking forward to.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment, though I'd say the narrative in GTAV is decent, but mostly only for Trevor. They lucked out with that character, cuz the other two are boring to listen to.

Same here. Couldn't get into any other Rockstar games. RDR's story isn't great, but unique and fun gameplay make up for it. I spent 100+ hours playing free roam. I'm afraid that I'll never come out of PC version once I start downloading mods.

Dumb hardware question:

So, I'm still thinking about Shadow of Mordor. It turned up on the canyourunit ("system requirements lab") site the other day and I ran it on my computer. With Neuro's Radeon HD 5800 inside, I don't have any issues on the GPU front, but it says the minimum CPU is a Phenom II X4 965 and I have a Phenom X4 9850.

Has anybody ever had serious issues running a game and not meeting the CPU minimum specs? I'm just wondering whether this is likely to be a serious issue on low-medium settings. I can't recall running into a situation on this particular system where I was actually CPU-limited and couldn't run a game because of CPU or system RAM issues.

I can't afford to buy a new computer just to play SoM (and I wouldn't for that reason alone anyway), but I'd probably rather play on my computer than the PS3, just because I (theoretically) have the option and I don't really use the PS3 for games much anymore. And of course I could probably get it for a lot cheaper on the PC.

Dumb hardware question:

So, I'm still thinking about Shadow of Mordor. It turned up on the canyourunit ("system requirements lab") site the other day and I ran it on my computer. With Neuro's Radeon HD 5800 inside, I don't have any issues on the GPU front, but it says the minimum CPU is a Phenom II X4 965 and I have a Phenom X4 9850.

Has anybody ever had serious issues running a game and not meeting the CPU minimum specs? I'm just wondering whether this is likely to be a serious issue on low-medium settings. I can't recall running into a situation on this particular system where I was actually CPU-limited and couldn't run a game because of CPU or system RAM issues.

I can't afford to buy a new computer just to play SoM (and I wouldn't for that reason alone anyway), but I'd probably rather play on my computer than the PS3, just because I (theoretically) have the option and I don't really use the PS3 for games much anymore. And of course I could probably get it for a lot cheaper on the PC.
You should be fine. Majority of PC games depend on GPU and the few that are CPU-intensive are games that require heavy computations like XCOM, SIms Series, Civ Series and etc.

An Action-RPG like Shadow of Mordor should do fine with your setup with your GPU. I doubt that its CPU-intensive.

Sorta OT... I'm trying to nail down the last few components for my new build. Currently I'm running Asus and Intel MOBOs and like them both. I've never had an issue with Asus boards at all in fact. I've had problems with Foxconn and am not the biggest fan of Gigabyte. So, that leaves me with ASRock and MSI, neither of which I have used. Anyone care to share any good/bad experiences with either of those? If it matters, I'll be going Z97 with a i5-4690K.
I just built two new systems with MSI boards. Both were chosen because they were in cheap bundles at Microcenter, but I'm happy with both. One replaced a rock-solid ASUS that I got more than five years out of and the other replaced a year-old Gigabyte that didn't like a particular thunderstorm.

After reading up on about 30 different boards today I think I've narrowed it down to one of these three:

Gigabyte UD3H - $140

ASRock Extreme4 - $145

Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 - $180

Since I'm going with Micro Center, my choices are a little more limited than Newegg.  I don't think even with a sale and having to pay sales tax, Newegg can beat the bundle prices at Micro Center. The ASRock is currently offered in a bundle, so with an additional $20 off ($60 vs $40 bundle savings), I may go that route.

I wanted to put off my new build until Black Friday, but I only have 100GB left on my 4TB Steam HDD and I'm out of SATA ports in my current build.  {It makes sense in my head, don't judge me.}

RDR is the only Rockstar game I've ever finished, and its next sequel is the only title of theirs that I'm looking forward to.
Agreed. I've yet to play Max Payne 3, which I hope I'll enjoy. I really couldn't get into GTA IV at all (thought it sucked, actually), so I wasn't expecting much when I gave RDR a shot. It's great though.

Is... is that supposed to be a Mangekyo Sharingan or something?

BundleStars is doing some thing where they release a new bundle everyday for five days in a row. The first one doesn't look too terrible.

Inferno Bundle

• Urban Trial Freestyle
  • Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
  • Orbital Gear
  • Jet Car Stunts
  • The Few
  • 8BitBoy
  • Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus
  • Speed Kills
  • Residue: Final Cut
  • Freedom Fall

$3.99 for the first week.
Gonna gilby it like a champion.

Is... is that supposed to be a Mangekyo Sharingan or something?
I certainly wouldn't mind a Rockstar-sized anime themed game.

Instead of blasting away with an uzi from the passenger window, you could launch massive sphincter crushing shuriken from atop your giant dragon or frog or something.

Yeah, that'd be fun.

I certainly wouldn't mind a Rockstar-sized anime themed game.

Instead of blasting away with an uzi from the passenger window, you could launch massive sphincter crushing shuriken from atop your giant dragon or frog or something.

Yeah, that'd be fun.
I thought that was called Saints Row.

After reading up on about 30 different boards today I think I've narrowed it down to one of these three:

Gigabyte UD3H - $140

ASRock Extreme4 - $145

Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 - $180

Since I'm going with Micro Center, my choices are a little more limited than Newegg. I don't think even with a sale and having to pay sales tax, Newegg can beat the bundle prices at Micro Center. The ASRock is currently offered in a bundle, so with an additional $20 off ($60 vs $40 bundle savings), I may go that route.

I wanted to put off my new build until Black Friday, but I only have 100GB left on my 4TB Steam HDD and I'm out of SATA ports in my current build. {It makes sense in my head, don't judge me.}
Not sure about other boards but Gigabyte have a common theme of ethernet port going out. My older build which is in the living room as a HTPC have the ethernet fried by a thunderstorm. Have to buy a network card for it. Good thing everything else still work. For my cousin, he isn't so lucky, his Gigabyte having more problems even with the replacement network card. He's getting BSOD every other day and the PC doesn't shutdown correctly.

I'm also using ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and they're great. Asus also an option. I'm glad I didn't went with Gigabyte on my 2nd build. Go with Asus, ASRock, MSI, or even Biostar for those really cheap builds.

Im sure they are just like hard drives, everyone has a horror story about every brand out there. Some hardware fails, it just happens, but I wouldnt knock a whole brand for it unless its something very widespread like OCZ drives. Ive had gigabyte in my current 3yr old setup, and in the one I had before that for 6 years which still runs. I think at some point there was an MSI in there somewhere, and a soyo a long time ago

Sometimes you just get crappy luck

I accidentally put two in my cart, and that prompted me to realize that I should buy more than one. So I did. Thanks, Squirbo!
So does this officially make Squirrel more liked by the CAG community than Josh?

And since I neglected to say so myself: Thanks Squirrel!

Thanks Squirrel.  

Was the Gold one ever available?  I see it is out of stock now.  Wanted Isolation mostly, but I'm sure I can find some stuff to get with the codes I got.  

Edit:

My first code gave me the Gold tier!

It says silver, but it's actually a gold code in disguise. They screwed up twice it seems.

Also, thank Madjoki and Tomasety for the heads up in tebow chat.

It says Silver but I was able to choose 3.
Holy damn, are these all gold keys? Mine allowed me to redeem Isolation, plus a couple others, too.

Squirrel, you're my favorite person here, next to Tebow, of course.

Damn, went back to get a second code for a friend and it's not working, think Newegg realized their mistake or they ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back