Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck, of course I am stuck at work when this happens and damn newegg is blocked, and my crappy phone and service don't get me thru the site in time to get in on it!

codes ran out, removes from cart when you try to add it :(

thanks for the post though awesome deal for those who got it, especially if it turns out to be gold codes

All out :(

Glad I got in when I did.

Thanks so much Squirrel!

Just got:

Saints Row IV

Alien Isolation

Company of Heroes 2

Payday 2

Banner Saga/Dyad

Star Citizen

Grand total : $1.98!

Hell.... Shoprunner screwed me over on this.  Thinks my address was an APO or some shit.  Dammit, I was here when a glitch went live and didn't get it.  :wall:

I might fakeybro it at full US price. It looks like fox may be right about it being region locked. I'll become the ultimate fakeybro.

Also looking forward to fakeybroing Resident Evil Revelations 2 and possibly the Resident Evil 1 remake.
AOGJqoY.jpg

Also, Red Dead Redemption is a solid game but, like most of Rockstar's offerings, highly overrated. Rockstar is good at creating believable worlds, but story and gameplay are typically average at best.
I agree that Rockstar isn't all that impressive with gameplay and story, but RDR is the exception for me. The gameplay isn't the best out there, but it's still well done, and the story is good. Realize it's a simple, straight forward western through and through. It's not really supposed to have deep plot lines and wild twists, it's old school. They did a great job with it.

See? This is what I get for working.

Anyone have a couple I can buy off them? I know you guys hoarded em, so c'mon now.

It seems like the site decided to die while I was getting assigned my keys. The site told me not to stray away from that page or there could be issues. D:

Edit: Does anybody have an idea when they'll be handing out the codes to play Star Citizen?

I grabbed Thief, Tomb Raider, and Murdered: Soul Suspect. The AMD site hanged for more than five minutes at the key generation portion and ultimately kicked me back to the start of the process, but by then they'd emailed the keys. I'm all set for my first code.

It seems like the site decided to die while I was getting assigned my keys. The site told me not to stray away from that page or there could be issues. D:

Check your email.

Edit: Does anybody have an idea when they'll be handing out the codes to play Star Citizen?
Same thing happened to me, I was getting the codes and the site went down....hopefully my code still works

Bronze is indeed bronze tier, can't select any of the tier-1 games and you only get 1 game.  still a great deal at 99c.  AMDs website is struggling mighty though especially with redemption part, and most games seem out of keys.

well, miss the AMD newegg promos.  Nice catch to those that got it.  I would gladly offer money for a code, but really want to cheer and applaud those that got it more than anything else.

Site ain't working for crap for me. Said it was "assigning" me codes for like 10 minutes, then timed out. No emails, nada.

Hopefully they don't revoke the keys or something. The site is slammed and not doing shit at the moment.

Not sure about other boards but Gigabyte have a common theme of ethernet port going out. My older build which is in the living room as a HTPC have the ethernet fried by a thunderstorm. Have to buy a network card for it. Good thing everything else still work. For my cousin, he isn't so lucky, his Gigabyte having more problems even with the replacement network card. He's getting BSOD every other day and the PC doesn't shutdown correctly.
Huh. A thunderstorm killed the ethernet in my HTPC's Gigabyte board a month or so ago, which is why I ended up doing a new build.

dammit...this is what you get when you play games instead of looking for deals on them
I know, right? Any extras out there?

Finally got through that last step. Give it some time, then I refreshed the page twice and then they sent the e-mail. Now what other games to get? Star Citizen is tempting but when will it become a full release?

Finally got through that last step. Give it some time, then I refreshed the page twice and then they sent the e-mail. Now what other games to get? Star Citizen is tempting but when will it become a full release?
At this point, spending $1 for 3 (AAA-ish) game is ridiculous! (early time Humble Bundle awesome).

My point is:

Just get Star Citizen...Damn it!

(I regret not getting another code for Deus Ex: Director's Cut) but I'm satisfied for what I got...Thanks for the heads up on this deal CAG!

At the current rate, the full game will probably be out in 2016.

Well, got a really strange email that says my order was cancelled.

Subject says it was cancelled, but in the body of the email, it simply says "tesat".  Tebow moonlighting at newegg?

Stupid shoprunner making me miss out on the gold.  :fridge:

After the keys I got and what my friends got we got our games but now we are collectively waiting on 3 Alien Isolations(1 for each of us minus 1 friend), 4 Payday 2 copies(1 for each us), and 1 Star Citizen(mine).

I really should have hoarded some more but by the time I realized they were Gold instead of Silver they were out of stock. I originally grabbed only a couple to grab a few games and pass the rest to close friends. If I knew they were Gold I would have grabbed more and passed them around. Hell it was only a buck. I should have grabbed more to pass out anyway. Stupid move on my part. Sorry folks.

Thanks to He Who Shall Remain Unnamed for hooking me up with some codes! Was able to snag:

Thief

Alien Isolation

Star Citizen (WOOT!)

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Sniper Elite V3

Company of Heroes 2

Saints Row IV (For a friend)

The Banner Saga

DYAD

PayDay 2

Christmas came early. Damn.

Thanks to He Who Shall Remain Unnamed for hooking me up with some codes! Was able to snag:

Thief

Alien Isolation

Star Citizen (WOOT!)

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Sniper Elite V3

Company of Heroes 2

Saints Row IV (For a friend)

The Banner Saga

DYAD

PayDay 2

Christmas came early. Damn.
nice haul

3 codes for me in total.

Space Run - Steam

Alien Isolation - Steam

Star Citizen - Star Citizen (whatever it is)

Habitat - Steam

2 unused silver gold codes for future usage.
for $3 in bitcoins gotten from stellar promo :)

Better than any of Humbles.

Star Citizen - Star Citizen (whatever it is)
Star Citizen is the pet project of Chris Roberts, a legendary flight/space simulator nerd behind the Wing Commander series, Starlancer, Freelancer (though he left before it was finished), etc.

It's basically a crowd funded ultimate space simulator game that's still heavily in development, and will take a long time to finish, but the end result could be absolutely incredible. Ground combat, space combat, trading, persistent universe, and whatever else you can think of. Unfortunately it's very slow going, but that could be a good thing... Masterpieces shouldn't be rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back